Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined this site yesterday, and I really want to make a difference in my life. I have been trying to lose weight for YEARS; I just start and stop and start and stop. I'm ready to make permanent change. I'm not sure how this thread works, but I know that I want to be a part of this.

Am I supposed to post my weight and workouts daily? Any support would be great. I am pretty much doing this on my own. My husband is SO supportive, and although he encourages me, he's not trying to lose weight like I am. So having a support base here would mean a lot!

So, I'm in!!

438894.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Yes i found some stuff. Thank you! :)
    starting with the biggest loser boot camp tomorrow.........hopefully i can make it! lol

I love the BL boot camp, did 4 days so far on level 1. Planning do do approx 10 days at each level before moving on. I find on level 1 burn around 215 cal. GL on the workout.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined this site yesterday, and I really want to make a difference in my life. I have been trying to lose weight for YEARS; I just start and stop and start and stop. I'm ready to make permanent change. I'm not sure how this thread works, but I know that I want to be a part of this.

Am I supposed to post my weight and workouts daily? Any support would be great. I am pretty much doing this on my own. My husband is SO supportive, and although he encourages me, he's not trying to lose weight like I am. So having a support base here would mean a lot!

So, I'm in!!

438894.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome Yahrie, this thread pretty much checks in daily to report workouts, ups and downs, successes and setbacks so feel free to post all that you're comfortable with. We do not have weigh ins or challenges but if you need something like that to keep you motivated I also participate in the "May Day Challenge" thread. We weigh in every Friday and have recently begun posting challenges. This week's challenge is "no sweets for a week" and "no fast food" feel free to drop by and read a few of the posts and see if it's a group that you feel comfortable with.

I've been posting on workout buddies for a little over two months and although it thinned out during the holidays it appears to be picking back up. Everyone is really supportive and offers assistance when needed so if you have a question please through it out there and we'll see what we can do.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Good Morning! Happy Monday all! I went to spin class this morning and it kicked my butt, literally...I don't think I will b able to walk tommorrow..LOL :) eating was Okay this weekend, except the DBF and the fam made me go to mexican yesterday...:sad: needless to say, I was not good:devil: but it is a minor set back:drinker: I am going to the gym again tonite with DBF and plan on doing some extra cardio to make up for the yummy mexican food from yesterday! TOM is visiting so I did not weigh in the a.m. because I know I would be discouraged due to the bloat.....gonna wait and do my weigh in on Friday and see how I am progressing! everyone hav a good day!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Good Morning! Happy Monday all! I went to spin class this morning and it kicked my butt, literally...I don't think I will b able to walk tommorrow..LOL :) eating was Okay this weekend, except the DBF and the fam made me go to mexican yesterday...:sad: needless to say, I was not good:devil: but it is a minor set back:drinker: I am going to the gym again tonite with DBF and plan on doing some extra cardio to make up for the yummy mexican food from yesterday! TOM is visiting so I did not weigh in the a.m. because I know I would be discouraged due to the bloat.....gonna wait and do my weigh in on Friday and see how I am progressing! everyone hav a good day!

vrdz, best of wishes on your weigh in on Friday. I also have bloating alot. I think because of my sodium intake :tongue: Oh and fiber.

Well, today I'm sore from head to toe!!! Today is my 7th day of working out in a row :drinker: I just did some much needed yoga this morning, I really needed to stretch my body out. I did add two lb wrist weights for a better upper body challenge. I also did 3 sets of bicep curls.

It's video games and cleaning up the house for the rest of the day for me :smile: I'm going to enjoy this rest day, every min. of it!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Ok, please forgive my ignorance but i've been meaning to ask someone this. What does DBF, DH, DD, DS mean? I've been able to figure out from ppl's posts that bf=boyfriend, h=husband, d=daughter, s=son but for the life of me I can't figure out what the D stands for. To make me feel better i've been saying the D stands for "dear" but I absolutely have no clue so decided to ask.

Thank you for keeping me in the loop. The way in which we communicate changes daily and sometimes this 37 (as of tomorrow) year old gal can barely keep up w/the jargon.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well the plan for this week is tonight and Wed night to go to step aerobics, and then Tues and Thurs. BL Boot Camp dvd, and then Sat. the treadmill.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Choco- you are absolutely right! the D does stand for Dear, and all the other ones were right too. dont feel bad, i was the same way at first, then i figured it out! Hope you have a great day! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (early)
  • sandtelwood99
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope everyone has had a successful weekend! I took a few days off from the gym, but definitely got my exercise at home during those days off! We are remodeling/demo'ing our kitchen at the moment, so the weekend was full of swinging a hammer and carrying heavy Sheetrock peices to the dumpster! Today I jumped back on the bandwagon and headed back to the gym. I walked/jogged about 3 miles total! (that's pretty good for me). I have been rotating between walking and then I run for about 2-3 min, and then walk again. I'm hoping to be able to increase my jog time slowly over the next few weeks! Jogging and running is definitely HARD for me, but I will get there! I did some arm weights also after the treadmill.... Still not real sure what routine to be doing while I'm at the gym..... ?? Tomorrow starts Week 2 of my new life diet, so hopefully when I weigh in, I will have some numbers on the scale that show my attempt to reach my goals!!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Tons of new faces.....WELCOME!!

Checking in after a not-so-good weekend. :embarassed: I didn't work out Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and I'm so mad at myself. I did have a super-busy weekend that absolutlely just flew by, but that shouldn't be my excuse. I should have made time for a workout no matter what. I didn't eat well either- chips/salsa, wings, pizza...mixed in with a few fairly healthy salads as well. And to top it off, a beer Friday night and several beers Saturday night (watching the Cowboys kick some Eagles butt!!).

So, needless to say this weekend was a disapointment and a wake up call to myself. I thought for sure the first weekend of the New Year, I would have been better. But hopefully I've learned my lesson.

Way to go for all of you that kept it up over the weekend!! :flowerforyou: Reading everyone's posts was definitely motivation for me to do better. My plan for the week is to workout every night, eat well and make every attempt for a better weekend. Tonight I'm going to do at least 30 mins on the treadmill or eliptical and a video too.

Hope eveyone has a good day! :heart:
  • amk1725
    Options
    Amk, it seems we complete similar workouts b/c I too do Jillian Michael's "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism" dvd and you're right it's a KILLER. I'm curious to know what a typical workout week consists of for you.

Choco- It does seem we do the same videos a lot. I jumped on the Jillian bandwagon when a friend bought 30 Day Shred and we tried it together. If anyone can kick butt, Jillian can. I have 30DS, BFBM, NMTZ, and the new one Last Chance Workout, that I haven't tried yet. (It seems scary!) And I have Bob's BL Boot Camp (I now have to share with my fiance :indifferent: ).

If you haven't tried Bob's BL Boot Camp yet, you'd probably benefit from starting at "weeks 3-4". Since I've been reading all your posts, I know you workout super hard and "weeks 1-2" wouldn't be challenging enough for you. Just thought I'd share that :happy:

So my typical workout week varies, but I need to make it more of a consistent plan----Maybe you can help me with that! :tongue: I'm trying to incorporate cardio & strength throughout the week. So if I go to the gym and do the treadmill/elliptical for 30 mins of cardio, I'll try to get a little strength in by doing a strength video or partial video. If I do longer cardio at the gym, I'll just do abs when I get home. If I only do a video, I am trying to make sure I do a long one, at least 45 mins or I feel like I'm cheating. Problem is I have to workout in the evening and try to limit it to about an hour or it will affect the whole families' evening. (Homework / Dinner / TV shows we watch together) On the weekends, I try to workout longer/harder since I have more time.That's my rambling summary of my workouts...sorry for the length.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies, sorry for posting so late but had to run into the office b/c I was having computer problems. I've been working from home for the past two months but that will be coming to an end over the next couple of weeks. My unit and I work from home for about two months and then we're in the field for about two months. When I'm in the field it will be harder for me to post as frequently but will try to do my best as I have really come to like this website and the ppl.

I will also will have to find a way to continue working out in the morning prior to heading into the field b/c me and afternoon workouts don't generally fair to well.

Today began the second session of boot camp but because I had a minor financial setback the money just wasn't in the plans. So I decided to act like I was in boot camp by completing Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" and Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt" dvds on days that would have been designated for boot camp and use the other days for some type of cardio. It sounds real good in theory but we'll see how it really works out. It's something about paying my money that keeps me so focused and motivated that I have a hard time sustaining when I'm working out alone.

I'm going to need my workout buddies to hold me accountable and not let me talk myself out of working out.

Enough of my rambling. My workout is complete for today. As I previously stated, I'm designated M,W,F to boot camp and will do a Jillian Michael's or Biggest Loser dvd and I did just that. I completed 50 minutes of the No More Trouble Zones dvds and I swear I could kick Jillian's tail. I give it my best effort yet she still kicks my butt. It doesn't help that she does alot of squats and lunges and I have a bad knee.

I've gotten off my soapbox. Have a great day ladies.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Amk, I might have to check out Bob's boot camp b/c I definitely like variety. That's another reason I loved boot camp so much was b/c you never knew what to expect when you arrived. It was always so fun and creative that sometimes you forgot you were working out.

Also, I tried to accept your friendship but had some difficulties so unsure if it worked. If not I will send you one.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Mornin ya'll! Hope everyone is doing well on this fabulous Tuesday morning! I got a second workout in last night and I kicked butt! I am looking forward to Body Pump tonight as well as a little extra cardio! I ate well last night, and had a lot of cals left over because there was no way I could eat all my exercise cals from yesterday....between both workouts I burned 800 cals! woo hoo! I had around 400 left over yesterday, I was still about 1200 consumed so I think I am good, no starvation mode for me..lol :)
    Have a wonderful day all!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well last night I went to step aerobics and managed to burn just over 500 cals. And today I did BL boot camp and burnt 263 cals. feeling really good.
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to zumba for an hour and my second chair dancing class for 45 minutes. Huge ab workout at the chair dancing class! Tonight hitting the elliptical machine!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    2day is a special day, it is a day that everything will go my way, 2day is the day that I was born, Its my birthday yall, I GOT IT GOING ON, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S BIRTHDAY!!! From January to December everyone has a day they wanna remember, whether turning 21 or 95, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, come on and get live, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!. I turned 37 today and I'm feeling and looking good.

I began my day w/many text messages and phone calls with birthday wishes from friends and family. I went to the gym and ROCKED IT. I was able to burn 361 calories on the treadmill and 284 on the elliptical for a total 645 calories. After that I spent about 10-15 minutes in the sauna (pure bliss) and topped it off w/a banana & strawberry protein shake. I'm feeling real good.

Have a great day ladies!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    HApPPPy Birthday Choco!!!!!!!! sounds like it has gotten off to a great start, hope the rest of your special day is fantastic!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Vrdz, Thank you for the birthday shout-out. I'm feeling pretty good today. My day has started well and i'm suppose to go to dinner w/a friend this evening. My real fun will be this weekend when my cousin arrives from out of town and she and I along w/some of my girlfriends take an exotic dance class and go to lunch. We also plan to have dinner on Saturday evening and listen to a live band. Hope everything works according to plan.

Thank again for the birthday shout out.
  • amk1725
    Options
    Happy Birthday Choco!! Sounds like your livin it up and finally got that sauna and shake you've been wanting!! Hope you enjoy your day & your weekend...sounds fun!!!

Checking in for yesterday and a little venting to add....

Did well yesterday on eating and stayed within my calories for the day. On Sunday, I made my version of the Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup that I really love. Lots of veggies and I add red potatos and grilled chicken to mine. I'm eating it for lunch this week.

I went to the apartment's gym last night to get in a little cardio before doing a strength video and it didn't end well! I've been complaining to my apts for a year now that the treadmills are causing a breaker to turn off when too many people are using them. Well I got there last night and all 3 elipticals and 2 treadmills were in use. I got on the last treadmill, started my 5 minute warm up, started jogging and BAM....blew a circuit! Tried this twice to no avail! I was pissed! Called the apts to report it and stormed outta there. SO frustrating!!!

So, with all that anger I did Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video- the kicks and punches were awesome! :laugh:

On track today and hoping to do a video at home tonight. Way to go everyone for already getting your workouts in today! I'll check back in tomorrow.