Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome choco! I will try to think of some ideas for challenges. I certainly need things to keep me motivated with exercise!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options

AMK, hope your headaches get better there's nothing worse than not feeling like yourself. I too workout w/Jillian's "No More Trouble Zone's dvd but didn't even realize you can pick and choose circuits. I play the entire video which runs just shy of an hour. While I think I'll continue doing the entire video I am curious to know how many minutes each circuit tends to be?

When you are on the menu of the DVD and choose workouts it says something like "play entire" or "choose circuits". I think each circuit is around 5 minutes each.

I would like to do the whole video all the time, but when I hit the gym first for cardio and don't have a lot of time afterward, I at least get a little strength in and work on abs too. It's good to know we have the option when we're crunched for time.
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hello ladies! I can't believe all the new faces!! It took me a minute to catch up since yesterday...wow! The more the merrier...more motivation!! Welcome everyone!

Way to go everyone on their workouts yesterday!! :flowerforyou:

Checking in late today and still at work...ugh! Needing a beer ASAP but I'm trying to resist the temptation. I did good yesterday. Stayed within my calories and no cheats. I did Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism last night and once again got my butt kicked!! It was the 2nd time completing it and by the end of it I was yelling at Jillian! :tongue: But I burned 463 calories according to my heart rate monitor and felt awesome afterward. It was worth it! I'm a little sore today, but a good sore.

My headaches seem to be getting better. Yesterday I only had a slight one and today none at all..knock on wood. Maybe my body just needed to adjust and get back into it.

My plan was to workout tonight since I don't think I can tomorrow, but it all depends on getting out of here and how I feel when I get home. If not, I'll have to make myself get a workout in tomorrow and Sunday for sure.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and stays on track! I'll check in on Monday and hope to read lots of good updates! :drinker:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well last night my 4 year old son and I both came came down with the flu so no workouts todays. Feel very weak. Hoping to get back at it tomorrow. One good thing about gettig the flu the day before weigh in is that i lost 3.2 pounds this week. Not expecting it to last, but maybe it will. I am thinking it is due to the flu, but who knows maybe it is a true weight loss.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, I had a minor set back last night. I was out of my house much longer than anticipated and as a result ate what was available (Tostitos w/hint of Jalepeno - absolutely love these chips) BUT I did not go over my calories so I consider that a small victory. Wouldn't you know the minute I bust past this plateau and lose 3 lbs the devil is knocking on my door trying hard to make me slip up and lose focus. As my mother use to say "the devil is a liar" I will not regain those three pounds that I have recently lost.

As it is is freezing cold in GA and the GA Dept of Transportation has stated to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary I decided to skip the gym and kickboxing class (which means no sauna and protein shake yet again :sad: :sad: :sad: ) . Instead I did 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser "Cardio Max" dvd and 15 minutes of my "Melt it off" dvd for a total of 45 minutes and approximately 350 calories burned :happy: :happy: :happy: .

Here's Saturday's meals:

Breakfast: 1 cup of Quaker oatmeal w/ 1 cup of strawberries

Lunch: 6 inch turkey breast and pepper jack cheese on a whole wheat bread packed w/lots of veggies (lettuce, spinach, tomato, onions, pickles, black olives and banana peppers) and 1 cup of apple slices

P.M. Snack: Light and fit vanilla yogurt w/ 1/4 cup of granola

Dinner: Healthy Choice complete meal - lemon pepper fish, rice pilaf and broccoli

Total calories: 1129

Decided to post my meals for today just to add something a little different to the thread.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hello ladies! I can't believe all the new faces!! It took me a minute to catch up since yesterday...wow! The more the merrier...more motivation!! Welcome everyone!

Way to go everyone on their workouts yesterday!! :flowerforyou:

Checking in late today and still at work...ugh! Needing a beer ASAP but I'm trying to resist the temptation. I did good yesterday. Stayed within my calories and no cheats. I did Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism last night and once again got my butt kicked!! It was the 2nd time completing it and by the end of it I was yelling at Jillian! :tongue: But I burned 463 calories according to my heart rate monitor and felt awesome afterward. It was worth it! I'm a little sore today, but a good sore.

My headaches seem to be getting better. Yesterday I only had a slight one and today none at all..knock on wood. Maybe my body just needed to adjust and get back into it.

My plan was to workout tonight since I don't think I can tomorrow, but it all depends on getting out of here and how I feel when I get home. If not, I'll have to make myself get a workout in tomorrow and Sunday for sure.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and stays on track! I'll check in on Monday and hope to read lots of good updates! :drinker:

Amk, it seems we complete similar workouts b/c I too do Jillian Michael's "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism" dvd and you're right it's a KILLER. I'm curious to know what a typical workout week consists of for you.

This I was unable to make it to the gym at all b/c it was just ridiculously cold in the morning and I didn't want to leave my house. I'm hoping it will warm up next week so I can venture to the gym. Anyway, Monday, I did a Biggest Loser 30 day jumpstart dvd, Tuesday, Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, Wednesday, No More Trouble Zones, Thursday, a Melt it off dvd, Friday, Biggest Loser 30 day jumpstart and today: Biggest Loser, cardio max.

Next week I've decided to take on Jillian's Trouble zone on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and if I can go to the gym do a cardio machine (treadmill, elliptical or stair stepper) on Tuesday and Thursday. If I can't go to the gym then I'm going to try to do the banish fat dvd.

Doing a Jillian dvd everyday this week is kind of intimidating b/c she really works you HARD but I can only imagine the benefits I will see if I'm able to stick w/it.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Still not feeling 100% but did manage to do Bob's Boot Camp week 1-2, and burnt 213 cal according to HRM.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Still not feeling 100% but did manage to do Bob's Boot Camp week 1-2, and burnt 213 cal according to HRM.

Hope u feel better soon. I was considering purchasing the boot camp dvd, how many total minuts is it and are u able to customize ur workous, if so, about how many minute is each circuit (or week, I see u said u completed week 1 & 2).
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies! I will have to look for that boot camp workout dvd, I don't have that one!

I tried Jillian's fitness Ultimatum for Wii earlier this week and was horribly disappointed! There was little to no challenge (and trust me, I am NOT in shape right now) even when it was set on hard. PLus the sensor was not recognizing the exercises so my person on the screen was just standing there half the time. Not that that's what matters, but it's frustrating to me! So I think I am going to nix that game.

Today I did an hour of aerobics on Wii fit. Waaaay to cold to go outside like I wanted to today! I am considering starting the P90x videos, but I don't think I am in good enough shape to start them yet. I don't think I will have the endurance I will need.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options

You're a trooper, no way would I try to work out when I'm still alittle under the weather, way to go!
  • Ang8178
    Options
    Well, we had some drinks last night and I went over my calories :sad: We went to the gym today as planned, hangover and all. I just walked the treadmill and biked, I don't feel like it was a real workout, so I'm counting it as a "rest" day and I'm going to hit the gym hard tomorrow morning :happy: I feel like I've gained weight since I've started! I do tend to lose weight in the chest area first though. I've been bloated the last few days. I think because I eat alot of fiber! I'm feeling better today emotionaly. I feel like I can do this now. I'm not even tempted to eat the chips and dip everyone is eatting before dinner tonight :wink:

I did buy Bud Select 55 calories, it's ok, I wanted a beer today and knew I couldn't have a "real" one :laugh: I've decided to set my food diary to public, so feel free to give me some tips if you see something crazy I'm eatting :laugh: I'm still trying to get used to changing what I eat. Everyone have a great weekend and great job everyone working out at home!!! I tend to cheat the exercises at home, so really way to go sweatin' it out at home :flowerforyou:
  • FreeKatrina
    FreeKatrina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    evening girls, got my cardio max in today!! yay me!

Good Job for working out and not feeling well!! You are a great inspiration Rena!

Ok off to figure out dinner for the crew!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Sunday all, I'm thankful for having another day on this blessed earth AND for having completed my Sunday workout. I've generally designated Sunday's as my rest days but have joined another MFP thread that challenges you to workout 7 days a week. The great thing is the exercise, intensity and time is determined by the participants so you don't have to worry about over doing it. It's really a challenge to just get moving again so when that was explained to me I decided to give it a go. So I decided to get up early and get the exercise in so I could relax by watching my favorite show "The Wire" (3 episodes on netflix), the football games and reading. What a lovely way to spend this cold but bright Sunday.

I've eaten breakfast and planned out the rest of the days meals so I'm feeling pretty good this morning. I hope everyone's day goes exactly as planned.
  • renaegry
    Options

Hope u feel better soon. I was considering purchasing the boot camp dvd, how many total minuts is it and are u able to customize ur workous, if so, about how many minute is each circuit (or week, I see u said u completed week 1 & 2).

The boot camp dvd has 3 programs in it, which consist of warm up, exercise, cool down and call it the max results program. And go by week 1-2, week 3-4, and week 5-6. Or you can customize. Pick the level add in the cool down, warm up, etc.

I just do the max results program. Warm up is 5 min, level one is 20 min, level two is additional 15 min, and level three is an additional 10 min, and cool down 5 min.

I really enjoy the boot camp dvd. Has to me, really people working out, not the skinny tooth picks with perfect abs that Jillian has on her 30 day shred.
  • renaegry
    Options

The boot camp dvd has 3 programs in it, which consist of warm up, exercise, cool down and call it the max results program. And go by week 1-2, week 3-4, and week 5-6. Or you can customize. Pick the level add in the cool down, warm up, etc.

I just do the max results program. Warm up is 5 min, level one is 20 min, level two is additional 15 min, and level three is an additional 10 min, and cool down 5 min.

I really enjoy the boot camp dvd. Has to me, really people working out, not the skinny tooth picks with perfect abs that Jillian has on her 30 day shred.

They say to do level one for week 1-2, level 2 for weeks 3-4, and level 3 for week 5-6.
  • Lisl
    Lisl Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey ladies! im new here and im officially starting tomorrow with eating healtier. Im thinking about doing the P90x work out. Did anyone really lose weight with it? Im also thinking about buying me the Wii next month. But im not sure if the Wii really works. If someone could tell me if and how much weight they lost 'playing' the Wii i really would appreciate it. Because i read that the Wii only work for really overweight people who hardly do anything.

thanks so much ladies!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hey ladies! im new here and im officially starting tomorrow with eating healtier. Im thinking about doing the P90x work out. Did anyone really lose weight with it? Im also thinking about buying me the Wii next month. But im not sure if the Wii really works. If someone could tell me if and how much weight they lost 'playing' the Wii i really would appreciate it. Because i read that the Wii only work for really overweight people who hardly do anything.

thanks so much ladies!

Welcome. I'm sorry I can't be much help regarding either the P90X or the WII. If you look through enough threads I'm sure you'll find one regarding P90X b/c alot of people are either currently doing it or have done so in the past.

Good luck finding the answers you're looking for and on your weight loss journey.
  • Ang8178
    Options
    Hello and welcome Lisl :smile: This is a great site for support. Sorry I can't help you with your questions, I currently just do yoga at home and go to the gym. But I'm sure you'll find the answers you are looking for.

Well, I went to the gym today :happy: I need to stay away from the evil scale!!! I just can't help it, and end up weighing myself at the gym everytime I go!!! I was sad today because it says I've gained 2 pounds since I started! I'm not taking that! I'm thinking it's because we had drinks all weekend and I need to rehydrate, even thought I don't feel dehydrated at all! I tried out some weights with my husband today :laugh: I'm so puney! I worked on triceps and could only do 10 lbs! We are going to use Sat and Sun for 30 mins of weights, so I know I will improve.

I did 30 mins on the elliptical burning 220 calories :heart: Choco, I plan on working out 7 days aweek also, eventhough I'm not in the thread. Even if it's just yoga, everyday I'm going to do something. I'd like to have at least 5 days at the gym though.
  • Lisl
    Lisl Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes i found some stuff. Thank you! :)
    starting with the biggest loser boot camp tomorrow.........hopefully i can make it! lol
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP (last Monday). Can I join this group? I work out just about every day with some form of physical activity. I feel like I need to in order to stay motivated. I had been following the weight watcher diet plan, but am switching over to the calorie program for a couple months to see how I do.