Workout Buddies (Women ages 25-35)

Options

Replies

• ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think you should post the caloires and fat content for that cherry dump cake just to scare us straight.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I think you should post the caloires and fat content for that cherry dump cake just to scare us straight.

I agree...that's sounds amazing..mmmmm,
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    cardio vs strengh training: right now I am only doing cardio at the gym (went last night and this morning!). I am sooo out of shape I am just trying to get to a good level and loose a bit of fat before using the weight machines. Do any of you girls think this is a bad idea? Should I start with the weights now?
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    cardio vs strengh training: right now I am only doing cardio at the gym (went last night and this morning!). I am sooo out of shape I am just trying to get to a good level and loose a bit of fat before using the weight machines. Do any of you girls think this is a bad idea? Should I start with the weights now?

I would if for not anything else than getting your body accustomed to lifting weights. You can lose weight all day long but you won't be tone unless you lift.
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and thought I would join in.

I just did the Marine Corp marathon on October 25th and after a weeks rest I'm ready to jump back in. I started my next 13 week routine yesterday. Will be doing P90x with a little running and yoga incorporated into the routine. Did chest, back and ab ripper today and already feel better. I love lifting weights and it really is what helps to burn fat.

Look forward to posting my progress over the next 13 weeks!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    So, I had an impromptu lunch today with a coworker and totally blew my diet :noway:

I ate 3 chicken fingers dipped in ranch, fried okra, black eyed peas, and a roll. Then I came back and had chocolate truffles to top it off.

Now I feel bloated and yuck and so mad at myself.

I'm trying to tell myself that if I work out really good tonight, I'll be okay and maybe eat like a bird tonight...???

:sad:
  • deannada2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to this site, and just got back into dieting and exercising,a little too late I might mention, after gaining close to 60 pounds over the past 4 years since I've been with my boyfriend :ohwell

I would really LOVE to join your guys' group if it's not too late?! I was also wondering where everyone gets their little weight tracker timelines from? :tongue:

Thanks!
    DeAnna

Oh, my workout routine for the past two weeks, so far, has been 30 minutes on the eliptical and 30 minutes doing weight machines at the gym 4 days a week. I'm starting to think though I should just focus on the cardio maybe, or at least increase the amount of time??? :grumble:
  • CricketClover
    Options
    welcome deannada! I haven't posted in a couple days I guess. Yesterday I did good eating while at work then I went out to dinner with my mom and got a philly but only ate half the bun and the insides but we did eat some fried green beans YUM! Does that count as a veggie? Well going into dinner I had almost 800 cals left so I didn't way over do it if at all. I am just sure the fried foods weren't good for me. I have gained a lb this week, I hope it is muscle gain though because I have been at the gym everyday.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Good Morning All! Happy Thursday...so close to Friday! I did very well the last few days and ran 5.25 miles yesterday! I hope that everyone is having a great day!
  • amk1725
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I've done fairly well this week. A few slip-ups with eating bad, but I worked out Sun-Wed doing various things. I did the Boot Camp Level 2 again last night and it kicked my butt, in a good way of course.

I'm hoping to keep it up over the weekend! Wish me luck!!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    I'm hoping to keep it up over the weekend! Wish me luck!!

Me Too! The weekend is my weakness! I will keep hope for you and keep hope for me! We can do this!!!!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!!! :love:
    Did good yesterday...just need strength for the weekend...Where's all the other posters? I feel so lonely.,...lol :laugh:
  • CricketClover
    Options
    Happy Friday! I went to the gym after work and this morning probably won't go over the weekend but will probably get a hike in hopefully. I started taking the SlimQuick Natural this morning, we will see how it makes me feel. I am not taking it to burn calories for me, I just like that it is all natural and hopefully help me in the water retention and energy department (it has caffeine in it from green tea leaf). Has anyone else tried it? I don't care for the other SlimQuick products that has more things in it that I can't pronounce than ones that I can! :tongue:
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    i thought about trying Slim Quick, but decided against it. I used to use Red Line when I worked out and it did help with giving me energy. I have heard pretty good thinks about the Slim Quick though.

Great news, I weighed myself this AM and I have lost 1.5 lbs this week! Woo HOO!!!! that is def motivation to be good this weekend:wink:
  • CricketClover
    Options
    Well I can def tell a difference in my energy level right now, I am quite hyper. But not overly so.

I haven't lost anything this week :ohwell:

I haven't been eating all my calories, will that cause me not to lose?
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    As long as it's not a significant deficet (sp?) it should not affect your losing. How much have you been under? If you are too far under it will cause your body to go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism. I usually have a hundred or so cals left over at the end of the day, but some days i go over a little. What keeps me afloat is exercise, I love to run and it burns a lot of cals. I just have to make good choices when I eat. Dont get discouraged, sometimes it takes a little bit to jump start weight loss, and may b the SlimQuick is what you need. Just don't get dependent on it.

P.S. I think we are the only ones still in this group..lol
  • CricketClover
    Options
    Yeah I just want the SlimQuick to just kind of give me a kick I guess. I have been to the gym every day this week so I should be getting plenty of cardio in. I guess my body just needs to get used to it all.

I think we are the only ones left. There seemed to be quite a few people when I first found the group and was reading through, is everyone on vacation??
  • amk1725
    Options
    I'm still here!! :tongue:

I did good yesterday with eating and took the evening off for a break (got my toes done instead!) I had a couple of cheats this week, but hopefully I made up for them with my workouts.

I have a party to go to tonight and I'm hoping to be strong! Hoping to steer clear of the alcohol and the desserts.

My plan is to workout on Saturday & Sunday since I've taken Thurs and Fri off. I ordered Jillian's video, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and I'm hoping it comes in today. I think I might try it out on Sunday.

I really want to get on a pill of some sort, but I'm not sure which one to take. I've got 10 pounds to lose and it seems to be the hardest. I'm sure if I quit cheating and upped my workouts it would help though... :blushing:

Hope everyone is good over the weekend. We all need to give a full report on Monday.
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am still here as well. I have been logging my food each day and getting almost as much exercise as I would like. I also joined a no sweets till Thanksgiving Challenge which has been difficult but very good for me. Who knows how much Halloween Candy I would have eaten if I was not keeping track! It looks like I lost about two pounds this week. My plan is to keep walking as long as I can take the cold and then to do Pilates and my Erin Obrien work out.

Good luck everyone!
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    I've got 10 pounds to lose and it seems to be the hardest. I'm sure if I quit cheating and upped my workouts it would help though... :blushing:

I hear ya, I am the same way..the last 10 is always the hardest. I did really good this week and hoping to have strength this weekend. I hear ya on the cheating, I have been trying to lose this last ten pounds for like 6 months...lol