Grunting at the gym

Options

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    there is a guy at my gym that drags out the heavy weights on the bar. He doesn't DO any weights tho lol he just stands near them and flexes a lot, and strikes a pose....until a girl, ANY GIRL, walks by.

Then he gets in position, lifts the weight about a 1-2 1/2 " off the ground and groans like he is lifting the heaviest load EVER and drops it. Then he stands up and flexes to see if the girl who walked nearby heard his manliness. His version of it tho. He sounds like he needs to be eating more fiber imho.

Its quite embarrassing... he does nothing in the gym. At all. He rolls the weights to the spot where he has decided that the girls will walk by closest. He is not really built either...he looks like a larger version of Elmer Fudd, but with a sad little Van *kitten* face fuzz thing going on.

Nice thing is he is equal opportunity flirter <or thinks he is> Doesn't seem to matter age, race, hot or not...he does it for any remotely looking female walking by. Its actually quite funny.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love it when the women make (grunting ) sounds when they lift ! it is a turn on
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    grawwwrrr
    huuuu
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I love it when the women make (grunting ) sounds when they lift ! it is a turn on

Me too. O wait you said when they lift. I haven't ever seen\heard that.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I grunt when I poop sometimes.

Before I poop I pace back and forth in front of the toilet and say "this beotch is mine", "I'm gonna show this beotch who's in charge" "I got this" while I flex and make faces at myself in the mirror.

You're killing me man! I'm holding my sides!! Every time I reread this I crack up again!!
  • mmapags
    Options
    I was next to a guy last week that kept FARTING! Rip, rip, rip...did he care? Nope.

Hey, I said I was sorry! I apologized. You said you'd never mention it and here I find it posted on the interwebs!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    True story, this morning there was this fairly attractive guy on a machine in front of me who was lifting weights and grunting like an animal. Well more like sex grunts really, I will admit it was kind of hot but awkward. Has anyone else experienced this or do it?

Yet another compelling reason to never ever set foot in the prison that is the sanitised 'gym'.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sounds like that dude needs a refresher course on gym etiquette... Though his gymgasm seems to be evidence that he is having a good time, so that's nice.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gymgasm
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yes it's happened but It's against the rules in my gym :laugh:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    lol a tiny bit of grunting is normal. Even I have been known to let out a grunt or two! HOWEVER, you gotta wonder about those guys that sound like they are having a baby. I really don't think that is necessarily hahahaha I saw a guy once that literally was yelling "AHHHHH!!!!" like he was the Incredible Hulk or something. Good thing I own an ipod haha.

LOL that was great. Thanks. I would've busted out laughing if I were you. Haha!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

You haven't watched ME workout... LOL :devil:

I keep my grunting to a minimum... Mostly heavy breathing trying to make sure I don't pass out, lol.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It's a mating ritual. Grunt back.

^^^ loved this.
  • mmapags
    Options

You haven't watched ME workout... LOL :devil:

I keep my grunting to a minimum... Mostly heavy breathing trying to make sure I don't pass out, lol.
    I train my wife and I have to admit, when she heavy breathes and grunts just a little I get a little aroused....:blushing:
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Before I poop I pace back and forth in front of the toilet and say "this beotch is mine", "I'm gonna show this beotch who's in charge" "I got this" while I flex and make faces at myself in the mirror.

You're killing me man! I'm holding my sides!! Every time I reread this I crack up again!!

Thanks! I can"t remember the last time I laughed that hard.
  • amnesobel
    Options
    I've heard a couple serious grunters. I giggle inside. On a side note what really gets me going is this one women at our gym. She is late forties early fifties and is a fit individual. Shes a puffer not a grunter. But she rocks on every machine that she uses. a machine may have a back rest which is for resting your back on but every time she lifts a weight I think the weight lifts her body and then she slams back and does about 20 reps like this. I can't even look in the direction that she is working out in with out tearing up with laughter. (rude rude rude of me) It's like watching a little kid in a rocking chair rocking to hard. I want to say something nice but I think that this is just what she likes and who am I to say anything. It's just the strangest thing I have ever seen.
  • mmapags
    Options

Thanks! I can"t remember the last time I laughed that hard.

Agree!
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    OK. I just have to say that the guy today, on the elliptical behind me (I was on a treadmill) wearing the pro-mask, breathing really hard like he was going to pass out... kinda bothered me. No, kinda annoyed me. I mean, I get WHY, but really? Any for those of you who don't know what a pro-mask is, it's a gas mask. Like for chemical warfare. Strange people, at my gym. Then there's the girl that randomly blurts out part of whatever song she's listening to... but it's like she doesn't know the words... so all your hear is: whirr, whirr, whirr (that's the treadmill) then ooaaahhhh, babeee, humanah humanah, babeeeee, yeahhhhh, whirr, whirr, whirr....
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started bench pressing, just the bar at the moment, but my trainer is trying to get me to grunt or bellow when I finish a set .... Lol ... Partly he's teasing, but partly not.

Grunting does seem to be ritualistic. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Other grunters don't bother me, can be fairly humorous.

The thing that really gets my goat, are the persons who throw their weights don't or always crash on the machines. Please, a little control !
  • mmapags
    Options
    OK. I just have to say that the guy today, on the elliptical behind me (I was on a treadmill) wearing the pro-mask, breathing really hard like he was going to pass out... kinda bothered me. No, kinda annoyed me. I mean, I get WHY, but really? Any for those of you who don't know what a pro-mask is, it's a gas mask. Like for chemical warfare. Strange people, at my gym. Then there's the girl that randomly blurts out part of whatever song she's listening to... but it's like she doesn't know the words... so all your hear is: whirr, whirr, whirr (that's the treadmill) then ooaaahhhh, babeee, humanah humanah, babeeeee, yeahhhhh, whirr, whirr, whirr....
    I totally do that between sets!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It's a mating ritual. Grunt back.

LOL