An Idiot Abroad

fifty shades of grey

Erotic stories lol

Lose a dress size in two weeks

Xxx
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The second book in The Wheel of Time series.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    A pregnancy book
    A parenting book
    and the Peanuts Treasury
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just started The Return of the King. I'm reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy again getting ready for The Hobbit this winter.

I am SOOO excited for the new movie... and I'm glad I'm not the only one who rereads the trilogy occasionally... Even though it usually takes me a few months to get through lol.

I haven't read it in about 15 years. I just bought it for my kindle, and plan to start it soon! Reading a forgotten realms trilogy right now, The Last Mythal
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Proverbs
  • natwen
    natwen Posts: 81
    Options
    The Magicians
    by Lev Grossman
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Atlas Shrugged
    by Ayn Rand
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm rereading Sempre by JM Darhower
    Previously a FF
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Dr Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Solution"
    Ya never know, I might learn something after all these years. I've heard it's a good motivational book, if nothing else. I bought it about 4 years ago, then there were other issues more important. I just dug it out of one of the junk drawers. :laugh:
  • amandask66
    amandask66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Peter and the Starcatcher annotated script.

It's making me highly emotional. I just got a bunch of tears all over one of the pages. But how could I not?!

Molly: You won't stay mad at me forever, will you?

Peter: Go on, get lost.

Molly: I'm bound to grow up, see? What would we do?

Peter: Be friends.

Molly: In a year, that'd be hard. In five years, it'd be silly. In twenty years, it would just be sad.

Peter: (Bitterly) You sound older already.

(Molly goes to her father. He comforts her gently.)

Aster: The thing you did, against impossible odds -- it's what the two of you will always have.

Peter: The thing we did...

Molly: Against impossible odds... (deliberately comes back to Peter and kisses him on the mouth) Yes, I wanted to.

(Molly runs off. Aster stops Peter from pursuing her, then exits. Peter is alone. A moment. Then the company enters, one by one.)

Narrator Scott: Peter watches The Wasp get smaller and smaller, wondering about his adventure, about Molly, about that kiss.

Narrator Stache: It would be the only moment that Peter would teeter, at the top of the rolley-coaster, on the verge of becoming what he'd always hated -- a grown-up.

Narrator Aster: And then, as promised, he began to forget. And stayed right where he was.

Narrator Stache: The outsider.

Narrator Alf: Molly, true to her word, would remember everything, until one night, many years later --

Narrator Smee: -- she stared out the nursery window watching Peter fly off with her daughter in tow --

Narrator Brumbrake: -- and this grown-up Molly would comfort her new Nana, the good old dog who tended her children --

Narrator Molly: "Don't worry, Nana darling. I always hoped, if Peter came to visit, that my daughter would take my place. And when Wendy grows up--"

Narrator Fighting Prawn: "I hope she will have a little girl."

Narrator Hawking Clam: "A little girl who will go off with him in turn."

Narrator Molly: "And so may we go on and on, dear Nana, as long as children are young and innocent--

Narrator Stache: -- and rude and juvenile and heartless --

Narrator Aster: -- past all of the jostles of life--"

Narrator Molly: -- 'till we fly back home."

Peter: Home.

tumblr_m7iu9cE11P1qavrrco1_500.gif
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ender's Shadow. For like, the 1000th time. OSC never fails to enthrall me.

Recently re-read the speaker for the dead wow so good!

Now I'm reading 50 shades of grey lol jk, I don't know what I want to read next
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Red Dragon and am now rereading The Silence of the Lambs. I love a good scare!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Silverthorn by Raymond Feist, second book of the Riftwars, read Magician last month, been meaning to read them for ages, the whole series should hold me til Diana Gabaldon's next book comes out, if not I'll start on the Game of Thrones books by George R.R. Martin.
    I used to do a novel in a weekend, but now I only get to read while I'm waiting for the kids to come out of school!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Philosophy in the Bedroom by De Sade
  • garnetmemory
    garnetmemory Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Wolf Hall: A Novel" and "Mastering VMware vSphere 5."
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Red Dragon and am now rereading The Silence of the Lambs. I love a good scare!

I love The Silence of the Lambs. Great book. Way better than the movie, although the movie makes it really come alive.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Just started The Return of the King. I'm reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy again getting ready for The Hobbit this winter.

I am SOOO excited for the new movie... and I'm glad I'm not the only one who rereads the trilogy occasionally... Even though it usually takes me a few months to get through lol.

I haven't read it in about 15 years. I just bought it for my kindle, and plan to start it soon! Reading a forgotten realms trilogy right now, The Last Mythal

Haha. I read The trilogy at least once a year and I have since I was in 4th grade. So, I've probably read it about 50 times. It never gets old. I usually add The Hobbit in every few years, too :happy:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending.

Next up, something lighter..