What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• melly7171
    melly7171 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The second book in The Wheel of Time series.

I am up to book 9
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i am attempting (for the fifth time) to read Wicked. Since i havent picked it up in two weeks........ not sure if im going to EVER finish it

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had trouble getting through that book. I've tried multiple times, but it always goes unfinished!

ipicked it up butwas told to skip it and go see the play instead. They said the book was terrible
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    3001 The Final Odyssey. The last of the the Space Odyssey books. They get progressively worse, but they still keep me preoccupied. I love the world 2001 created.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Memiors of Richard Nixon
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Who Is My Shelter?

Fifty Shades Freed
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    David Foster Wallace.
    'Infinite Jest.'
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    Orchid Fever: A Horticultural Tale of Love, Lust, and Lunacy (Eric Hansen, informative but incredibly entertaining)
    Metabolic Basis of Obesity (editor: Rexford S. Ahima, a textbook but just for fun)
  • judithaline
    judithaline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney, just started Bloodline by Mark Billingham, couple of favourites are Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, Run by the same Author, and anything by Kate Atkinson or Michael Connolly/Connelly (can never remember how to spell it.
    Traps for Library users - getting settled on the train for the normal hourly commute, opening the book and starting to read, only to discover with horror after the first two pages that ... I've already read it! Very long trip.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm in between books right now. Finished 50 shades trilogy and Hunger games trilogy. Probably gonna reread "are u there vodka? It's me Chelsea...Chelsea Handler. a bit of humor to cleanse the palatte. Then I'd like to start the game of thrones books. Bought them fot the boyfriend but he hasn't started them
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    In the past week or so, I've read Sharon Ashwood's 'Ravenous', 'Scorched' and 'Unchained'. HOTTTTTT. They gotta go back to the library soon though.

I keep picking up and reading stories from Robert Blake's 'Tales of a Rascal: What I Did for Love'. Available on Amazon. Yes, the actor Robert Blake, that one.

You know what's horrible? I'm a die-hard Tolkien fan since I was a kid, and 'The Children of Hurin' has been sitting in my bookshelf since I bought it. Must be a couple of years now. :embarassed:
  • talmudicshrug
    Options
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I LOVE IT!! (I'm on Good Reads, Courtney Wachob)

I'm a ninth grade English teacher and I teach this book. I cry every time we read the ending together...in front of my 30 fourteen year olds :)
    This is one of the most memorable books I've read in recent years - for another perspective on WWII, I also recommend Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.
  • talmudicshrug
    Options
    Just finished The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney, just started Bloodline by Mark Billingham, couple of favourites are Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, Run by the same Author, and anything by Kate Atkinson or Michael Connolly/Connelly (can never remember how to spell it.
    Traps for Library users - getting settled on the train for the normal hourly commute, opening the book and starting to read, only to discover with horror after the first two pages that ... I've already read it! Very long trip.

I've had that problem too - my memory is so bad though that it often takes 100 pages for me to realize it seems familiar. Coincidentally, I started reading Bloodline too but mine is by James Rollins. And I've enjoyed books by Michael Connelly and John Connolly :).
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:
    - The Count of Monte Cristo;
    - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince; and
    - Notes to Self
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Scapegoats of the Empire (the memoir on which the movie Breaker Morant is based), but I'm having what seems to be my eternal crisis when it comes to books, I'm 4 chapters in and already want to start another one...I just bought Horse's Neck by Pete Townshend, should be a lot of fun to read. Usually I'll just put down the first and start the next (terrible! I know), but this time I'm really going to try to stick with it.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell a lie.. I'm reading the last book of the FIFTY SHADES SERIES :heart:
    Really not that bad
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    John Adams -
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Feed by Mira Grant (Seanan McGuire)
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    Sempre by JM Darhower
  • talmudicshrug
    Options
    Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending.

Next up, something lighter..

This was one of my favorites. I've also recently enjoyed novels by Jonathan Coe & Mark Haddon. I guess I'm on a middle-aged British guy kick.