What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    last book of twilight.. Yes, I got sucked into reading it. I've resisted a long time now.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am reading Diana Stabenow's Kate Shugak series in reverse. :huh:

Library had her most recent book but ONLY her most recent book. Found the second-to-last at a bookstore. Now have found 3rd toe last etc at another book store. I love a good mystery plus it's really interesting learning about Alaskan customs/culture.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am reading J.D. Robb's in death series. I am currently on book 11 out of like 30 something books for this series.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm reading Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Very interesting. I'm really enjoying it.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm currently re reading the harry potter series, which is always good fun, there's so much I had forgotten :/.
    I'm on the Chamber of Secrets at the moment :)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm a crime book nut. Currently reading Tess Gerritsen's 'Silent Girl' (book 9 of the Rizzoli and Isles series)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Just read 'The Last Templar' by Raymond Khoury (by BF's suggestion) in about 2 days... Really good!! : ))

Now halfway thru reading 'Die For You' by Lisa Unger, as I've gotten thru the first 3 or 4 Chapters many times and then get distracted with something else... Not now... It's super good!! : ))

Next will either be 'Wild" by Cheryl Strayed (suggested by BF's Mom) or 'The Sanctuary' by Raymond Khoury (another BF suggestion)...

Happy Reading, Y'all...

: ))
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Veda - Secrets from the East by some bloke with a realllllly long name.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Mira Grant's Newsflesh Trilogy - Zombie apocalyse storyline.
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been reading the Repairman Jack series by F. Paul Wilson for a while now.
    I'm about 40% in to "The Dark At The End" and taking it slow 'cause I really don't want it to be over yet *lol* Thank goodness F. Paul Wilson has some novels of 'Jack' before he became 'Repairman Jack' coming out soon.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was reading the Jack Reacher series and was on #14, but I'm taking a break from them and reading fitness magazines instead - Oxygen, Fitness Rx and Muscle and Fitness HERS.
  • Enkibean
    Enkibean Posts: 56
    Options
    Dune: House Harkonnen. I decided that I was going to reread all of the books in the series in order
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Very interesting. I'm really enjoying it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. I was so weepy through the whole thing!
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    just finished maze runner trilogy... taking a break before reading the prequel... and i'm about to get started on Gone Girl! We should do an MFP book club!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Reading "The Heart of Buddha's Teachings" and "Ceremony in Death"

I tried, in the interest of being fair before criticizing it, to read 50 Shades........after 1 1/2 chapters, I now criticize it with no remorse whatsoever. :happy:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Praying through the Psalms- good read in tough times!
  • ardisia32
    ardisia32 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't read just 1 book at a time. Currently I'm reading Dr. Richard Wiseman's Rip It Up, and (for my book club) Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall. When I work out I listen to audibooks; lately I've been listening to C. S. Lewis' Narnia series (on book 3, A Boy and His Horse).
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Bump for some good reads later.
    Currently: Making things move a DIY guide. It's actually easy to read AND written by an engineer :-O
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I have FINALLY been sucked into the fifty shades of grey. ha ha. Not my usual type of book at all ;)

I picked that up at Barnes & Noble the other day (didn't buy it, just wanted to browse over tea)...I don't think I would buy it. The writing style was not really my thing. It was sort of...elementary? That's not the right word, but I prefer something a little more substantial, plus Anastasia reminded me of Bella from the Twilight books, and I've got to admit she annoyed the bejeezus out of me. OMG, we get it, you're awkward and have no self-confidence. Yawn.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a suspense thriller called "The Perfect Husband" by Lisa Gardner. This girl marries a cop when she is 18 years old. He immediately turns violent but there isn't much she can do, as no one will believe her. She starts logging his hours after he starts working longer, logging his miles, so forth and so on. Brutal murders start happening and she matches up all his logs with the time frame of the murders. The other cops believe her and start trailing him, then he vanishes. For 6 months he is MIA and the cops back off of protective duty on her house. Then he shows up... He starts to beat her with a baseball bat and she grabs her gun and gets a few shots off. The cops bust in and arrest him. Then he serves time in prison, brutally kills two guards and disappears again. So instead of asking for police protection, she puts her daughter in witness protection and takes off to handle the situation herself. Seriously on the edge of my seat here!!! Freakin awesome book!