What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• SimpleThingsInLife
    Options
    The Strain (The Strain Trilogy #1)
    by Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan...Great so far!!
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of reading Insurgent. It is going so fast. Read it while I'm on the elliptical, carpooling, at night. It will be done before I want it to be.
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am reading the Coral Thief by Rebecca Stott - 1815 France a Scots student there to learn whilst working in the museum, his meeting with a French woman and the theft of a coral. Can highly recommend it.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    1st book of Game of Thrones :)
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sophie Kinsella - "The Secret Dreamworld Of A Shopaholic".
  • katie81smith
    katie81smith Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    50 Shades of Grey
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The Land of Stories - Chris Colfer (yes, I'm reading a book directed to kids, I regret nothing. I love the author)
    Song of Ice and Fire saga.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I am now reading Gone Girl--thanks to this thread for the recommendation!
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Emma by Jane Austen. :)
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have FINALLY been sucked into the fifty shades of grey. ha ha. Not my usual type of book at all ;)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    This is a thread for all of us bookworms out there....

I'm reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich...

What about you guys?!?! What are you currently reading and are you enjoying it so far?

Also, do any of you have goodreads accounts?

I have that book somewhere (I still haven't unpacked all my books from moving!) I am reading the Mackenzies boxed set by Liliana Hart. It's smut, but sometimes I like books I don't have to think much about. I haven't decided what to read next, but I think I'm in the mood for something more intellectual or historical. I do have a Goodreads account, message me and I'll give you my info! :)
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    I just started reading the Illad after which I'll read teh Odyssey. Haven't read them since highschool and I'm enjoying them a lot. They seem to be one of those books you draw more out of if you revisit it later on when you are older.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have just started On Beauty by Zadie Smith.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Daniel Suarez. His latest book, Kill Decision, is the best book I've read this year by far. It's of the suspense/action genre that nails the tech side of it.
    If you've ever rolled your eyes at 'magical technology' and lines like "We had to brute force his firewall!", than this book will come as welcome relief.

Also just finished Sandman Slim, which I also highly recommend.
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Im supposed to be reading CISCO manuals for my degree :yawn: , but I have finished two Lee Child books in the last 48 hours.:happy:

Jack Reacher is currently my favourite hero, and it galls me to know that the guy that is supposed to be playing him in the movies is Tom Cruise. :huh:

Reacher is 6'5" 250lbs
    Cruise is 5'8" and I have boots heavier than him! :grumble:

But the books are well written and there is some nice sarcastic humour in them (Fits in with the Brit in me) :tongue:
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    'Healthy at 100' - John Robbins :)
    Highly suggest it to all :)
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I already commented on this thread (may have been a different one). I am reading, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".
  • macattack99
    Options
    Wheel of Time, book 6