How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL
    Every day before I shower. I have to have the scales in the exact same place on the floor, I strip naked and then weigh 3 times and take the average (my scales usually vary by 0.25-0.5lb each time). :)

I'm exactly the same!

Lol, I thought I was the only one who was so anal about it. :laugh: :drinker:
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Usually Monday mornings right after I get up, but sometimes I'll weigh myself on Fridays since it's the weekend and sometimes I tend to eat horribly..
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning and post it on MFP. I tend to not do as well with the diet on the weekends so I also weigh on Monday morning just to see how I did.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Monday and Friday seem to be the most popular:) As for myself I always feel better starting on Monday then continue that with Monday weigh ins. Although I have been weighing myself every day so far this week. Naughty naughty!
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    Once per week at my official weigh in.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    2-3x a day. Wake up & bed time and sometimes before or after dinner...
  • jenb155
    jenb155 Posts: 7
    Options
    I weigh and take measurements every Thursday morning as soon as I wake up. I used to weigh-in on Mondays, but found myself frustrated, especially if I cheated on the weekend.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself once a week as soon as you wake up and after you go to the bathroom. however.... I am anal and have to weigh myself everyday: :huh: Its a habit for me that I cant break:grumble: :
  • poppiupau
    Options
    Every morning =)
  • sirisaac87
    Options
    Monday morning ... First thing
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Usually once every 3-4 days, but I only record it once a week.
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning every second week. I like it better than weekly as you don't have to worry about the weigh in so much and it gives you more time to actually have a noticeable change.
  • naivenitara
    Options
    Someone once told me to throw away the scale because it can be a real downer when you're working hard and the numbers stop going down. But I still like having one around. I weigh myself twice a week, first thing in the morning after a pee (ha ha, TMI). I like to do it mid-week Wednesday, and Saturday because I always start the week strong and end bad. It just keeps me on my toes.
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My mother weighs herself every day and is neurotic as a result. Weighing every day is ESPECIALLY hazardous for ladies - my doctors told me about women who have spontaneously packed on 2kgs (4lbs) just because they've hit that hormonal point in their cycle.

But if you are going to weigh yourself lots, make sure it's only ever on the SAME SCALE. I once had to weigh myself on two different scales within an hour (no eating or drinking in between) and my weight jumped up 2lbs.

I'm not brave enough for that. I see a dietician fortnightly - so that's the only time I get weighed.
  • RilyRily65
    RilyRily65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weight myself and log it once or twice a week. I don't always log it. If I've lost I will definitely log it, if I'm up by a pound or so I won't log it. My weight seems to fluctuate a lot!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Im going to weigh myself once a month. My daily weight might fluctuate up & down so I would get discouraged so Im staying away from daily weigh in's. Even if I decided to weigh myself weekley I would feel like the scale has some power over me which could lead to eating issues. So Im sticking to once a month.
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My bathroom scale agreed with the medical facility's number, the clothes weigh about 3-4 pounds

Probably best not to weigh yourself in a suit of armour ;)
  • staciejanet
    staciejanet Posts: 2 Member
    Options

My trick to stay positive is that I only update my weight in the fitness pal when it goes down from the previous lowest weight. Sometimes this happens daily, sometimes it takes a week for the number to go down (which sucks!) but when it goes down, I log it in no matter how small the change.

I'm far from perfect but I know that overall I am doing the right things to help lose weight. So I try to focus on the positive by only acknowledging the number when it goes down. Besides, there are so many things that can make it read HIGHER than it really is: bloating, too much sodium, that time of the month, constipation etc. But I figure nothing can make the scale weigh me LESS than I really am. So when it says my weight is down, I believe it and go with that.

I do exactly this too! :-)
  • Alpha32
    Alpha32 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have scales in the bathroom and have this thing where i cant walk past them without weighing myself. Think i need to just get rid of them.