What do you do for a living?

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I'm curious what everyone's jobs are...

I work for an electrical contractor. We have around 100 electricians and do about $25mil in sales a year. I do a variety of accounting duties: Billing, A/R, little bit of A/P, part of Payroll, and somewhat of the personal assistant to the owner.

What do you guys do? :smile:

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I work for an air filtration corporation. That was nationwide but thanks for us losing our contract with Walmart we now are a regional business ;( but I do some accounts receivable and troubleshooting for the techs handheld computers....and lots of typing!
  • winky_gurl
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and i also babysit a 3month old and a 21 month old along with watching my own 3 and 4 year old :) I watch the kids around 40 + hours a week.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I am the assistant branch manager at a bank in downtown St. Louis. I pretty much run the branch because our bank requires that the branch manager be out on business calls the majority of the time. My official title is Customer Service Manager....which really has nothing to do with what I do all day. I don't help the customers all that often.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and i also babysit a 3month old and a 21 month old along with watching my own 3 and 4 year old :) I watch the kids around 40 + hours a week.

My dream job... totally jealous... :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I stay home with my soon-to-be 3 y/o son but am hoping to finally go back to work at the beginning of the year.
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    I am a buyer for my City's utilities departments. I conduct bids and maintain about $8mil in annual contracts. I am responsible for purchasing all kinds of stuff from water meters to chemicals to sludge hauling (ain't that so glam!). Never the same day twice - love it!
  • winky_gurl
    Options

My dream job... totally jealous... :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

It's alot of fun and I get in the extra workouts chasing them in 4 different directions :) ....Love it..hope u get your dream job one day :)
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I am a Detective at Cartersville Police Department in GA. I work all types of cases, but the majority of the time I work crimes against children....job is demanding but very rewarding in the end....
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    My official title is

Hosted Applications IT Infrastructure Project Leader

but that's a useless title as they just had no idea what to give me as a title.

I run my company's Managed Services Production environment. Or in layman's terms
    I make sure all the servers that host our customer applications work right.

Oh and I also run our SQL servers and Network infrastructure (window domain, energy infrastructure...etc)
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I have a small Balloon Decor' Delivery Business & Home Decorating business. Balloons Decor' keeps me busier than Home Decorating (thanks to HGTV). I started these so I could raise my kids from home. Well there are all grown so now what?:laugh: They're both alot of fun:heart:
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am the office manager for an outpatient surgery center and I do all the medical coding and billing. Blech. :sick: I dabble in a little photography, and that's really what I want to do.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm a Business Analyst. It's an IS/IT job where my role is to bridge the gap in understanding between how the business end of the company wants to to do their work and how the technical folks build the systems to get it done. It's a bit like translating Mom's general directive of "clean up your room" (the business folks) to the perspective of a 5-year-old - " first you put the Legos into the blue bin...."

Sorry Banks...but you techies DO get hung up on the details :ohwell: :laugh:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am a part time cruise consultant. I sell cruises!!! What can I say, travelling on water is my passion, whether it is on a sail boat or on a cruise ship. I get to share my passion with others!!! What could be better?
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'm a Business Analyst. It's an IS/IT job where my role is to bridge the gap in understanding between how the business end of the company wants to to do their work and how the technical folks build the systems to get it done. It's a bit like translating Mom's general directive of "clean up your room" (the business folks) to the perspective of a 5-year-old - " first you put the Legos into the blue bin...."

Agreed, for normal techies. But I'm a super techie that owned his own consulting business :tongue:
    So I know how to talk with those silly non-technical people. :drinker:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options

Agreed, for normal techies. But I'm a super techie that owned his own consulting business :tongue:
    So I know how to talk with those silly non-technical people. :drinker:

Haha I was waiting for this to begin:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Haha I was waiting for this to begin:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:devil:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I am a part time cruise consultant. I sell cruises!!! What can I say, travelling on water is my passion, whether it is on a sail boat or on a cruise ship. I get to share my passion with others!!! What could be better?

that would be fantastic :happy:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)

Where at in Ohio, I work in Columbus (Gahanna)
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options

that would be fantastic :happy:

I work for this company that operates both in Canada and in the U.S.A. http://www.dominiquedesgranges.cruiseshipcenters.ca/Page.aspx-URL-CareersOverview.htm-menu-109

Maybe you could try it!!!