What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I am a teacher. I taught 4th grade in Las Vegas for 5 years, but for the last 3 years I have been teaching computer applications in grades K-5, in a Chicago suburb.
  • Corruption
    Options
    Currently a Miniature/Microminiature (2M) Circuit Card Repair Tech in the U.S. Air Force but usually I'm an Avionics Tech on F-15s, U-2s, and possibly A-10s one day.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)

Where at in Ohio, I work in Columbus (Gahanna)

I stayed at a Holiday in in Gahanna when I was doing my training :)

National City Bank (Now a part of PNC) in Lorain County, Ohio, my office is just west of Cleveland

I know where Lorain is, I have a cousin that lives there! My husband is from Ashland, well, Polk, if you know where that is? I think it's funny that you put (Now a part of PNC) because I was just saying yesterday that National City keeps sending us letters about how they are "Now a part of PNC" :laugh:

the ,Now a part of PNC is EVERYWHERE in the company, every email we get from corporate has it and all the branches are getting marketing. I know where Polk is, I did a loan down there last year :) its a small world!

That's awesome!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I work in music copyright and rights. Lots of admin...

Erika
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I just got promoted to WG-10 as a Mil-Tech CH-47 Chinook Helicopter Mechanic with the Dept of the Army Civilians. Finally after a year of being the tool room guy, I got hired on permanently. Also, Army Reserves throughout the year as a Flight Engineer.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Sarge, good job man.

T or F? - most of the helos you work on are older than you are.
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    OMG! everybody has such hard jobs! I teach fifth grade in Myrtle Beach. The hardest part of my job is coming to school when it is sunny out! :bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    Options
    OMG! everybody has such hard jobs! I teach fifth grade in Myrtle Beach. The hardest part of my job is coming to school when it is sunny out! :bigsmile:

Honey please,,, you handle a bunch of 10 year olds, and you think engineers, loan officers and chopper mechanics have it rough? :laugh: :tongue: :noway:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Honey please,,, you handle a bunch of 10 year olds, and you think engineers, loan officers and chopper mechanics have it rough? :laugh: :tongue: :noway:

Agreed! Don't know how you teachers do it?!
  • xsargex
    Options
    Congratulations Sarge, good job man.

T or F? - most of the helos you work on are older than you are.

Thanks man. Three years ago I was standing on Kandahar Airfield and came to a revelation that the only skill I had that was worth a damn....is flying and turning wrenches on chinooks. This is the career path I wanted...just didn't want to be an active duty puke. Federal Services is the way to go. Finally, after alot of patience, hard work and kissing people's *kitten*.... I got hired. I'm stoked.

True. All the D-models in the current inventory are typically B and C model air-frames that have been upgraded. There are a few A model frames out there. Most of them have pretty distinushing clues as to their original airframe origin. The last D model was made in 2002. Now the Army has moved on to the F-model which is souly built off the D-model frame. It'll be awhile till the Reserves see's one of those bad boys.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I busted my hump in school for my sociology degree with a specialization in criminology and social control.

I work in the corporate office of a national bank. :huh:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I run an electrical engineering and testing company. We work on medium to high voltage systems.

Rob

ever been electrocuted?

Nope. At these voltages you typically only get shocked once....:frown:

scary!!! do you have a rubber suit to protect you???

Something like that it is called NOMEX to protect us from arc flash and rubber gloves/sleeves to protect from shock.

:laugh: :laugh: now I'm picturing a group of guys in bright yellow rubber haz-mat suits :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
    Pretty close except the suits are silver and grey..

you totally need an upgrade... I mean silver & grey? boring! maybe you could get a print... an argyle or a plaid... very in this season!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Nikiki
    Options

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! I could NEVER teach... I wanted to but changed my mind after a friend of mine quit teaching after only her second year because she was nearly sued by a parent for assigning too much homework to one of the students... the kid had been acting up and she finally said she would assign an extra page of math problems every time she had to tell him quiet down, he ended up with 10 extra pages one week (about 200 problems) and she said they would count towards his grade... mom & dad didnt like that, the school forced her to back down and the kid was obnoxious the rest of the year... I mean I could handle the kids, but the parents? no way!!! I'll take number crunching ANY day of the week!
  • CasperO
    Options
    I work for the Co that makes Nomex. I'll see what I can do. :laugh:
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I busted my hump in school for my sociology degree with a specialization in criminology and social control.

I work in the corporate office of a national bank. :huh:

yeah I would have to say at least 1/2 of the employees here have degrees in things TOTALLY unrealated to banking. One of the assistants in my office majored in English, another one went through pre-law, and one of the local branch managers went through pre-med!
  • xsargex
    Options

Nomex is amazing. Its wild how light weight that *kitten* is but still fire-resistent. **** has saved alot of lives.
  • Nikiki
    Options

:laugh: make sure you get a little pink in there... oh! and some bling! can you be-dazzle nomex?
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options

:laugh: make sure you get a little pink in there... oh! and some bling! can you be-dazzle nomex?

Hey...it's working for the construction industry!!!
    moxie1.jpg
  • Nikiki
    Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options