What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• jseward
    Options
    I work in a public school. I am a teacher for 6,7 and 8th grade students coded with different disabilities. (Mostly behaviorally challenged).
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a barista (work at a cafe) and I also work at an information desk for my university.

In addition, I'm also a full-time student doing their honours in linguistics and a potential major in anthropology, with a potential minor in French. Nothing's set in stone. Haha.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I started in middle age--after the kids were all in school. We want to travel--getting another RV for long trips and see parts of the USA that we have never really visited, just drove through. Our plan is to start next August and be in New England for the fall colors.
  • vraehn
    Options
    All my kids were in 7th grade or higher when I started real estate. So it was late in life for me. We are anxious to travel--get a newer, larger RV for long distances and a few months at a time. First, we plan to leave WA state next August travel across the nothern part of the US and end up in New England for the changingof the colors.

I'm a realtor/broker for the last 29 years. Almost ready to retire.

Realtors retire?? I didnt think it was possible! lol I have a few realtors that I work with that have been in the business for 40+ years and show no signs of ever retiring, and I have a couple others who "retired" a decade ago but always seem to have 2-3 listings going at any given time...
  • vraehn
    Options
    However, it is true about realtors keeping a couple of things going. They just can't get it out of their blood.
    All my kids were in 7th grade or higher when I started real estate. So it was late in life for me. We are anxious to travel--get a newer, larger RV for long distances and a few months at a time. First, we plan to leave WA state next August travel across the nothern part of the US and end up in New England for the changingof the colors.

I'm a realtor/broker for the last 29 years. Almost ready to retire.

Realtors retire?? I didnt think it was possible! lol I have a few realtors that I work with that have been in the business for 40+ years and show no signs of ever retiring, and I have a couple others who "retired" a decade ago but always seem to have 2-3 listings going at any given time...
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am an x-ray tech in Tampa FL.
  • dldodson75
    Options
    I am a Police/911 Dispatcher/Operator. Worked for 9 years with a police department in Central OH, dispatching only for police and answering all incoming 911 calls. In April of this year I began working for a 911 Center in Southeast WV. Learning to also dispatch Fire/EMS has been a very interesting and challenging change. I love my job!!! It is a thankless job, but personally I find it very rewarding.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Senior Branch Office Administrator for an international investment firm.
  • quinnybear
    Options

Thanks man. Three years ago I was standing on Kandahar Airfield and came to a revelation that the only skill I had that was worth a damn....is flying and turning wrenches on chinooks. This is the career path I wanted...just didn't want to be an active duty puke. Federal Services is the way to go. Finally, after alot of patience, hard work and kissing people's *kitten*.... I got hired. I'm stoked.

i know how you feel. I have been in the Air Force Reserves for almost 6 years and a full time job opportunity came about in May 2008. I JUST got hired at the end of September!! I also got hired on as a WG-10, but I'm with the AF Reserves, the postition is called an Air Reserve Technician, but it sounds like a similar program that you work for.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    So far I'm the only waitress! I've worked in restaurants most of my life, since I was 12 years old!
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    My primary job is a Realtor's assistant.
    I have two other jobs as well (pianist - two permanent gigs but I get hired for side gigs now and then, and sales clerk).
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i work full time at our local Utility company- I do the filing and the phones and then I'm parttime at the local newspaper--

Keeps me out of trouble and keeps me able to do my bad habit of traveling. (planning the next cruise)
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    I spend money:laugh:
  • RHarter0710
    Options
    Crew Chief in the Air Force-almost 10 years in now...
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I spend money:laugh:

That is the best job ever!!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    So far I'm the only waitress! I've worked in restaurants most of my life, since I was 12 years old!

I dont have the coordination required to be a waitress! I can barely carry my full coffee cup from the machine to my desk without spilling, I could NEVER carry a full tray & weave in and out of tables without dropping it! :laugh:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

I dont have the coordination required to be a waitress! I can barely carry my full coffee cup from the machine to my desk without spilling, I could NEVER carry a full tray & weave in and out of tables without dropping it! :laugh:
  • quinnybear
    Options
    Crew Chief in the Air Force-almost 10 years in now...

I'm NDI in the AF
  • quinnybear
    Options
    i waitressed for nearly 4 years before getting the job i do now a couple months ago. i miss being on my feet (i've gained weight not moving around all day!), the interaction/multi-tasking aspect and the fact that every day will be different. but i DONT miss the crazy/weird/mean customers!