Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I work on the v22 osprey for Boeing Helicopters
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

i'm in love... I work for a bank and have an incredibly handy husband so I sooo dont need any of this... but PINK WORK BOOTS!?!??! :love: :love:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    OMG! everybody has such hard jobs! I teach fifth grade in Myrtle Beach. The hardest part of my job is coming to school when it is sunny out! :bigsmile:

Love it! :heart: :drinker:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

i'm in love... I work for a bank and have an incredibly handy husband so I sooo dont need any of this... but PINK WORK BOOTS!?!??! :love: :love:

Yeah! I want some PINK WORK boots!! :love:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)

Where at in Ohio, I work in Columbus (Gahanna)

I stayed at a Holiday in in Gahanna when I was doing my training :)

National City Bank (Now a part of PNC) in Lorain County, Ohio, my office is just west of Cleveland

I grew up in Lorain County....Elyria, to be exact.

I also work in a bank, but I'm must a peon. Man I hate my job:frown: I also have an English degree.
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    OMG! everybody has such hard jobs! I teach fifth grade in Myrtle Beach. The hardest part of my job is coming to school when it is sunny out! :bigsmile:

Honey please,,, you handle a bunch of 10 year olds, and you think engineers, loan officers and chopper mechanics have it rough? :laugh: :tongue: :noway:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! I could NEVER teach... I wanted to but changed my mind after a friend of mine quit teaching after only her second year because she was nearly sued by a parent for assigning too much homework to one of the students... the kid had been acting up and she finally said she would assign an extra page of math problems every time she had to tell him quiet down, he ended up with 10 extra pages one week (about 200 problems) and she said they would count towards his grade... mom & dad didnt like that, the school forced her to back down and the kid was obnoxious the rest of the year... I mean I could handle the kids, but the parents? no way!!! I'll take number crunching ANY day of the week!

lol....the parents are the toughest part but I love seeing life through the eyes of fifth graders! It is wonderful!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I am a physical therapist. I own my own company that performs out-patient therapy in people's homes.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I'm a realtor/broker for the last 29 years. Almost ready to retire.
  • ckholmes
    ckholmes Posts: 123
    Options
    Im a Licensed Practical Nurse in a Long Term Care Facility/ Skilled facility.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I am a training consultant in an IT outsourcing company. I conduct trainings on leadership, team building, time and stress management etc.
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    I am a physical therapist. I own my own company that performs out-patient therapy in people's homes.

I wanted to be a physical therapist when I was younger....but when I was 21 my brother had an accident that resulted in a spinal cord injury (bruised, damaged) that left him in a wheel chair for years then braces, a walker, a cane and finally walking. It took years of therapy to get him to that point. After watching that I could never do physical therapy....he endured such pain! Bless you that you do it though, because without people like you, where would he be??
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I wanted to be a physical therapist when I was younger....but when I was 21 my brother had an accident that resulted in a spinal cord injury (bruised, damaged) that left him in a wheel chair for years then braces, a walker, a cane and finally walking. It took years of therapy to get him to that point. After watching that I could never do physical therapy....he endured such pain! Bless you that you do it though, because without people like you, where would he be??

Thank you. But that is exactly why I do it - I love helping people. I spent many years working on a spinal cord injury team and in acute rehab. The joy that I get from watching someone take their first steps makes everything worth it. I am glad your brother is doing better now.
  • brianmcg
    Options
    I'm a Business Analyst. It's an IS/IT job where my role is to bridge the gap in understanding between how the business end of the company wants to to do their work and how the technical folks build the systems to get it done. It's a bit like translating Mom's general directive of "clean up your room" (the business folks) to the perspective of a 5-year-old - " first you put the Legos into the blue bin...."

I love that description! Is it OK if I use it?

I am a partner in a small Public Safety IT company and we regularly spend time understanding customer processes and translating them into really fine and sometimes life-saving software!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm a Business Analyst. It's an IS/IT job where my role is to bridge the gap in understanding between how the business end of the company wants to to do their work and how the technical folks build the systems to get it done. It's a bit like translating Mom's general directive of "clean up your room" (the business folks) to the perspective of a 5-year-old - " first you put the Legos into the blue bin...."

I love that description! Is it OK if I use it?

I am a partner in a small Public Safety IT company and we regularly spend time understanding customer processes and translating them into really fine and sometimes life-saving software!
    :drinker: Thanks! Sure go ahead! The 'translation"' part is my favourite part of job - it's kind of how I fell into the BA role. Sounds like a neat company. I see you are in ON - Canadian company then?
  • brianmcg
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks! Sure go ahead! The 'translation"' part is my favourite part of job - it's kind of how I fell into the BA role. Sounds like a neat company. I see you are in ON - Canadian company then?

Yes! It's just my partner and I, but we are in a very specialized market and we are becoming reasonably well known - enough to pay our bills and keep us fed and clothed, at least. :happy:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am an Investigator for Child Protective Services in NC. Its so rewarding...:flowerforyou:
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)

Where at in Ohio, I work in Columbus (Gahanna)

I stayed at a Holiday in in Gahanna when I was doing my training :)

National City Bank (Now a part of PNC) in Lorain County, Ohio, my office is just west of Cleveland

I grew up in Lorain County....Elyria, to be exact.

I also work in a bank, but I'm must a peon. Man I hate my job:frown: I also have an English degree.

Hey hey! I live in Elyria now!
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I'm a realtor/broker for the last 29 years. Almost ready to retire.

Realtors retire?? I didnt think it was possible! lol I have a few realtors that I work with that have been in the business for 40+ years and show no signs of ever retiring, and I have a couple others who "retired" a decade ago but always seem to have 2-3 listings going at any given time...
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I head logistics for Subaru Rally Team Canada. And for our shop (rocket rally racing) title is: Motorsports Administrator / Logistics

I do everything but build and race cars ...

could clinch another championship in 2 weeks! woop woop
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I work for a large hospital in the radiology department as a transcriptionist, been there 10 years. I'm also a liason for the RIS department. We're developing a new RIS package and I could just strangle some of the "techs" from the Phillips co. :noway:

I'm always grateful for my health and my family's health, after seeing so much disease and suffering of others.