What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I homeshool my 10 year old daughter and every day from 1-3 I clean the bathrooms in the RV park we live in. On Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat . I work from 4-8 in the Office of the RV park. It works out great with our homeschooling schedule. We get free rent ,propane and electric in exchange for the bathroom cleaning so it's so worth it. Cindy :heart:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)

Where at in Ohio, I work in Columbus (Gahanna)

I stayed at a Holiday in in Gahanna when I was doing my training :)

National City Bank (Now a part of PNC) in Lorain County, Ohio, my office is just west of Cleveland
  • rob_in_wisc
    Options
    I run an electrical engineering and testing company. We work on medium to high voltage systems.

Rob
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I am a part time cruise consultant. I sell cruises!!! What can I say, travelling on water is my passion, whether it is on a sail boat or on a cruise ship. I get to share my passion with others!!! What could be better?

that would be fantastic :happy:

I work for this company that operates both in Canada and in the U.S.A. http://www.dominiquedesgranges.cruiseshipcenters.ca/Page.aspx-URL-CareersOverview.htm-menu-109

Maybe you could try it!!!

where are they located? the site says availble terretories are Canada... don't think I can go that far!
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I run an electrical engineering and testing company. We work on medium to high voltage systems.

Rob

ever been electrocuted?
  • rob_in_wisc
    Options

Rob

ever been electrocuted?

Nope. At these voltages you typically only get shocked once....:frown:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm a Business Analyst. It's an IS/IT job where my role is to bridge the gap in understanding between how the business end of the company wants to to do their work and how the technical folks build the systems to get it done. It's a bit like translating Mom's general directive of "clean up your room" (the business folks) to the perspective of a 5-year-old - " first you put the Legos into the blue bin...."

Sorry Banks...but you techies DO get hung up on the details :ohwell: :laugh:

Agreed, for normal techies. But I'm a super techie that owned his own consulting business :tongue:
    So I know how to talk with those silly non-technical people. :drinker:

Yep....and that's why our "special name" for super techies is "consultants" :heart: :bigsmile:

p.s. I'm only hard on you cause I married a "super techie"....you should hear how renovation discussions go in our house :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I work for the organization that feeds the hungry in Philly. I work with the cash donations, getting the money grouped and to the right place, then sending out tribute and thank you letters.
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I work for the organization that feeds the hungry in Philly. I work with the cash donations, getting the money grouped and to the right place, then sending out tribute and thank you letters.

thats a GREAT job! good for you :happy:
  • Nikiki
    Options

Rob

ever been electrocuted?

scary!!! do you have a rubber suit to protect you???
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am a part time cruise consultant. I sell cruises!!! What can I say, travelling on water is my passion, whether it is on a sail boat or on a cruise ship. I get to share my passion with others!!! What could be better?

I work for this company that operates both in Canada and in the U.S.A. http://www.dominiquedesgranges.cruiseshipcenters.ca/Page.aspx-URL-CareersOverview.htm-menu-109

where are they located? the site says availble terretories are Canada... don't think I can go that far!

Try googling Expedia CruiseShipCenters International Inc, you should get a link in the U.S.A. You might be redirected to my website though. Keep on trying, you should end up on a proper link.

Good luck!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Try googling Expedia CruiseShipCenters International Inc, you should get a link in the U.S.A. You might be redirected to my website though. Keep on trying, you should end up on a proper link.

Good luck!!!

Here's a link in Virginia http://www.mikeandshirleycunningham.cruiseshipcenters.com/ContactUs.aspx
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I am a mortgage loan originator for a large bank in Ohio (we have office in most of the midwestern US) I help people get loans to buy houses or to refinance to pay off debt or do repairs to the house. I LOVE doing the rehab loans, its so cool to see how people fix up homes, i've seen some pretty amazing renovations :)

National City Bank (Now a part of PNC) in Lorain County, Ohio, my office is just west of Cleveland

I know where Lorain is, I have a cousin that lives there! My husband is from Ashland, well, Polk, if you know where that is? I think it's funny that you put (Now a part of PNC) because I was just saying yesterday that National City keeps sending us letters about how they are "Now a part of PNC" :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Mechanical design engineering tech at a large chemical company. I'm an old machinist & fabricator who went back to school to learn how to draw and do a little math.

I design/engineer/oversee fabrication & installation of new equipment (toys) that Chem Engineers need to make better plastic.

It's a living,,, and more fun that it sounds like.
  • rob_in_wisc
    Options

Rob

ever been electrocuted?

Something like that it is called NOMEX to protect us from arc flash and rubber gloves/sleeves to protect from shock.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm the accounts payable clerk for a small company that sells aircraft evacuation equipment.
  • Nikiki
    Options

I know where Lorain is, I have a cousin that lives there! My husband is from Ashland, well, Polk, if you know where that is? I think it's funny that you put (Now a part of PNC) because I was just saying yesterday that National City keeps sending us letters about how they are "Now a part of PNC" :laugh:

the ,Now a part of PNC is EVERYWHERE in the company, every email we get from corporate has it and all the branches are getting marketing. I know where Polk is, I did a loan down there last year :) its a small world!
  • Nikiki
    Options

Rob

ever been electrocuted?

Something like that it is called NOMEX to protect us from arc flash and rubber gloves/sleeves to protect from shock.

:laugh: :laugh: now I'm picturing a group of guys in bright yellow rubber haz-mat suits :laugh: :laugh:
  • rob_in_wisc
    Options

Rob

ever been electrocuted?

:laugh: :laugh: now I'm picturing a group of guys in bright yellow rubber haz-mat suits :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
    Pretty close except the suits are silver and grey..
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I'm a freelance copy editor and a Beachbody coach. I do both from my office at home.