Bikini Babes

Options

Replies

• AmandaB4588
    Options
    Change of subject: You know, my husband hasn't been very supportive of my weight loss - which has surprised me. We both love wine, but I've cut out alcohol completely the last 14 weeks. I make our dinners, so he has to eat healthy and lo-cal with me (actually, I always cook healthy). Still, he's been complaining and pushing me to have wine with him at night (or whatever drink) and complains that he's still hungry (I give him larger portions). I've been trying to get him to go to the gym with me 3 x's a week, but he whines and refuses (he's totally sedentary). I'm just surprised at his attitude. I mean, if I can give up my glass of wine (which I LOVE) - he can certainly have a drink by himself! It isn't forever, but I just really wanted to be focused and serious and stop WISHING I would lose the weight and actually do something about it. You would think he'd be happy that my goal is to be a "Bikini Babe"!!! I was always thin up until we got married - you would think he'd be happy I'm losing the weight and returning to the woman he married!!!??? :grumble:

We all know how difficult it is to make that decision to change our lives. It can be really intimidating, too! I suspect that he feels insecure and intimidated. Even though he may not show it, anybody who is totally sedentary feels bad about it.

As for the wine, maybe he looked forward to spending that time with you every night. Maybe you could find another drink--- green tea or something--- to have every night while he has his wine.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm so upset right now...(but I'll get over it :smile: )
    I didn't have any loss this week and I did so well.... Its really frustrating! I am 33 years old and I SWEAR that my metabolism just DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!!! :angry:
    Anyway... I'm still doing good on sitting down and eating a healthy breakfast... I am drinking tons of water (still haven't fully given up coke though) and I haven't eaten after 6;00 PM this whole week.... I have to lose something sometime or another :smile:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I didn't have any loss this week and I did so well.... Its really frustrating! I am 33 years old and I SWEAR that my metabolism just DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!!! :angry:
    Anyway... I'm still doing good on sitting down and eating a healthy breakfast... I am drinking tons of water (still haven't fully given up coke though) and I haven't eaten after 6;00 PM this whole week.... I have to lose something sometime or another :smile:

This is why I hate my scale! I always feel like crap when I don't get the "right" number. :grumble:

I think eating smaller meals more often during the day can help speed up your metabolism if that's what the problem is. BUT have you been measuring yourself? I bet you have been losing inches even if you aren't losing lbs.

Whatever the case, keep up the good work!!
  • kandyjo
    Options

This is why I hate my scale! I always feel like crap when I don't get the "right" number. :grumble:

I think eating smaller meals more often during the day can help speed up your metabolism if that's what the problem is. BUT have you been measuring yourself? I bet you have been losing inches even if you aren't losing lbs.

Whatever the case, keep up the good work!!

Thanks, Amanda....
    I have lost inches... I'm not measuring, but I can feel it in my clothes..... I am at such a high weight (218 lbs) that I really should be seeing it on the scale.... I think that I probably have my metabolism really confused because of my yo-yo'ing... BUT I am determined to get it straightened out!! :angry:
    I also determined today, that I NEED TO PERMANENTLY GIVE UP COKE! It is really not helping me to add those empty calories and all that sugar and sodium... When I allow myself to indulge in one...it always turns into two or three and then before I know it, I'm drinking them everyday again... So, I need to just give them up for good!!
    I got my water bottle in hand and Crystal LIght Wild Strawberry Energy (YUMMMY>>>> and for the caffeine) to keep down the headaches from caffeine withdraw...
    Ok, ladies... I WILL be posting a lower weight next week :wink:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Nervous about the weigh-in tomorrow! I didn't eat well today. First, I went out for lunch. I picked Luby's because I knew there were healthier options there. I did good--- got blackened chicken, whole wheat roll, green beans, and sweet potatoes--- and even skipped past all of the pies without hesitation. My boyfriend and I went to see New Moon right after then went bowling. Was planning to have a nice, healthy dinner when I got home but of course my parents had ordered pizza. Argh!

I have done REALLY well this week working out and eating so I hope tonight doesn't show on the scale!!

Good luck tomorrow, guys!
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am also quite nervous about weighing this week. I upped my calories to 1300 this week, it feels good to be eating a little more, but at the same time I know my results are not going to be as great as they were before. But I was just so afraid that I was completely killing my metabolism. I keep reading all this talk of starvation mode and it was starting to get to me.
    Also, TOM is coming next week so I am just really hoping I don't gain for our weigh in.
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    I am going to weight in early

Starting Weight- 160

Current weight - 147 :smile:

Goal weight - 120
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    Didn't do too well this weeked,gained a pound.
    CW 197 =/
  • mandita
    Options
    Hi bikini babes :flowerforyou:
    I want to join your group if it's possible.

I started my body transformation 9 days ago, and I am very satisfied with results.
    My tummy no longer looks like a 5 months prego. :laugh:
    You can see my starting pics in my profile. I will update it week 3.

I am going to to now a 60 min cardio w, and brb with details.
    hugs.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Saturday, November 21st Weigh In

Starting Weight: 193
    Bikini Babe Start: 179
    Last Week: 178
    This Week: 176.5

This week loss: -1.5
    Bikini Babe total loss: -2.5
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 245
    Bikini Babe Start: 203
    Last Week: 202.5
    This Week: 201

This week loss: -1.5
    Bikini Babe total loss: -2

Gosh I'm SO close to the 100's now... I hope I'll make it there by next week. I'm going to try really really hard since being this close makes for extra motivation!:happy: Good luck to everyone!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    starting weight:226
    bikini babes starting weight:185
    last weeks weight:184.6
    this weeks weight:182.4 november 21,2009
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I didn't budge this week, still at 167.4. I'm not surprised either, been a very stressful week!

Good luck everyone! And next week will be better :)
  • nicole_a
    Options
    I only lost 0.5 this week. I had such a great week last week that I think my body is just catching up with itself. Its better than nothing! Good luck this week everyone!!

BB Start: 184.5
    BB W1: 184.5
    BB W2: 179.5

BB W3/CW: 179
    GW: 140
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok... I usually weigh on Wednesdays, but I had to jump on today just to see how things were "progressing"...
    I am so excited... I am down two pounds...!!!! Since Wednesday!!!! I knew something had to be going on WEIRD, because I had done so good!!! So, maybe my body was retaining water or something and I finally got it flushed out!!
    So, I was so excited I really wanted to post... I need this!!!

SW 230
    LW 218
    TW 216
    GW135

:happy: Ok... now I am hoping to really do some more good between now and next Wed!!!!
    I have been doing the Jazzercise classes at my gym because they cancelled Zumba (I'm still ticked about it)... Jazzercise is fun and nothing like I thought it would be... I was picturing legwarmers and leotards (sp) ... LOL Thank goodness, its nothing like that at all!! :laugh:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Congrats everyone!

Lisa--- you are so close! This is such an accomplishment. Can't wait to see the post letting us know that you made it to the 100's!

I didn't lose anything this week. :cry: I weighed myself yesterday (pre-pizza!) and had lost 2 lbs but now it's back! I think it will drop off soon though since my weight fluctuates so easily. We'll see next week!

Speaking of next week.... best of luck to everyone. I gained 10 lbs over the last holidays. That CANNOT happen again.
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    I am going to weight in early

Starting Weight- 160

*last week 150*

Current weight - 147 :smile:

Goal weight - 120

Sorry I forgot to put last weeks weight in
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! You're doing great!

Did my weigh in this morning. I am doing 1.6 lbs! :smile: I'm very happy with that!

LW: 156
    CW: 154.4
    GW: 135 ish

I will be posting the results tomorrow afternoon. I know that weigh ins are today, but I figure if I wait until then it gives more people a chance to weigh in, in case they are busy today. So, whoever wins the weigh in can post the challenge tomorrow night and then we will be able to start with our new challenge on Monday morning. This sound alright with everyone?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! :flowerforyou: I am off to the Christmas parade in town soon.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Savvysteph ~ WAY TO GO!!!!

Blondie ~ I can't wait to be in the 100's again!! You are soooo close!! I know that you are proud!! You deserve to be!!!

nicole_a ~ A loss is a loss!!! Anything is worth celebrating!! :heart:

sjmay ~ 1.6 !!! WAY TO GO!!! Its so exciting to see the scale move down and the number get smaller!!!
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    Starting Weight: 174.4
    Bikini Babe Start: 137.4
    Last Week: 132.4
    (wk 3) This Week: 132.4

This week loss: -0
    Bikini Babe Total loss: -5

I had a good loss last week of -3, adding the changes I made this week I am not surprised I didn't lose anything. A little disappointed, but to look on the bright side: least I didn't gain!

I love seeing everyone's numbers drop, it's so exciting, and it keeps me motivated to keep up with you girls.

BTW: I am already dreading next week. But I have planned to up my workouts on M-T-W and Friday.