Bikini Babes

Options

Replies

• tyandgil
    Options
    I'm starting over AGAIN. I just can't seem to get on track. I need some motivation and support. I have a long way to go. Somebody posted a pic of me on Facebook of me in my swimming suit during this summer's float trip and I'm so embarrased. I want to be able to be comfortable with myself and not be so embarrased with a swim suit on. Hopefully I can achieve that on here.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Weekend are bad for me! I went over my cals friday, sat, and sun! We even got pizza last night! and its still lasting us. Tomorrow it will be gone...I just cant help myself!

But at least the weekend is over. I can get back on track.

Oh and this weeks challenge wount be hard for me, except to get less than 10 hours. I usually sleep 10-11 hours. (I dont have a job)

Oh and still keeping on the water challenge!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    InnerCutie - great challenge!!! Sleep is so important and it is something that I think a lot of us overlook (I know I do). However, I am always feeling like I am not getting enough sleep, so this is going to be great! I didn't get a chance to see what the challenge was last night, but I guess I lucked into the fact that I did get 7 hours sleep last night.

I hope everyone has a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I am the same way Hailey--- usually sleeping too much. However, I did not get 7 hours or more last night even though I am on break. I was startled awake when my boyfriend accidentally broke our bedside lamp. You see... he is the kind of guy whose normal day involves breaking at least one thing. You have never met somebody more accident prone! Actually, yesterday he broke a measuring cup and then sliced off part of the tip of his thumb!!!

I got about 6 hours of sleep but I imagine I will sneak a nap in sometime today.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    YAY!! I really feel proud.

I have reveiwed past challeges and decided
    we are all working out, dieting and most of us working full time and or taking care of children.
    All of this can be very draining...Be prepared this week to get your well needed rest because

*This weeks challenge is* to get 7 or more hours of sleep a night

I found a great link explaining how proper sleep is linked to weight loss and how improper sleep can actually lead to weight gain. Be sure to read the link very educational

http://thyroid.about.com/od/loseweightsuccessfully/a/sleepdiet.htm

Good luck Babes!!

Great idea for the challenge, will need to start turning off YOUTUBE early. lol I can watch those make up tutorials all night long. Love'em.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Just checking in today! I actually did pretty well on the sleep challenge last night... Except for the fact that my kiddos woke me up twice during the night :) But I averaged about 7 hours... So, YAY!!!
    I am also now officially on Thanksgiving break! Our school let out at 1:00 today (I teach preschool) My son (kindergarten) gets out Wedensday ... So, we have a fun filled week planned...
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed last weeks weigh in and challenge. I'm slacking. but working on getting it together. I do pretty good on sleep. As a matter of fact I've used that as an excuse to not go to the gym numerous times ;) I stayed up to late so I can't get up early, or I need to get to bed early and not go the gym at night.....I'm going to work on just getting 8 hours of sleep and waking up ontime without hitting the snooze button 8,000 times. I go to bed by 9 or 9:30 and hit the snooze til 7:30 (gotta be at work by 8!) so this is a bad habit for me! Starting tonight I'm going to bed at 10, getting up at 6. no excuses.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... so far I've done pretty good today, got all my water in, ate a decent breakfast, and got my 7 hours of sleep last night. I didn't get a chance to workout today (I think I needed the break, I've been working out like a mad woman here lately :laugh: ).. it's been very busy, but I'm proud to say I still have over 200 calories left to snack with! (That never happens on days I don't exercise..lol). I'm really hoping I can get below 200 this week... I don't have to lose much, anything over a pound!!! I hope I get there! I'm going to get a pedicure when that scale reads anything with a 1 instead of a 2 in front of it!
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I really want to be a runner. When I go the gym I do cardio for more than 90 minutes, so I totally have the stamina. But I just can't seem to do it mentally. It's like I just can't seem to break through. So usually I just do intervals. I will walk 1/4 mile, then run 1/4, then walk 1/4 mile and so on. But today I after I walked my warm-up I told myself I was just going to try to push through it. So today I ran my FIRST whole mile. It may not seem that big of a deal, but I can never usually go that far without walking in-between.
    Now, the true test will be if I can do the same thing tomorrow.

Lisa: You have the greatest motivation this week. You will totally see that 1 by the end of this week. I rooting for you!:drinker:
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... so far I've done pretty good today, got all my water in, ate a decent breakfast, and got my 7 hours of sleep last night. I didn't get a chance to workout today (I think I needed the break, I've been working out like a mad woman here lately :laugh: ).. it's been very busy, but I'm proud to say I still have over 200 calories left to snack with! (That never happens on days I don't exercise..lol). I'm really hoping I can get below 200 this week... I don't have to lose much, anything over a pound!!! I hope I get there! I'm going to get a pedicure when that scale reads anything with a 1 instead of a 2 in front of it!

Good luck! I know you will get under 200 this week! :wink: Keep at it!

And I just read your profile, sounds exactly like me!!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well so far this week!

The sleeping challenge is pretty easy for me because I always make sure to get 8 hours of sleep. I am crabby and not a happy camper if I don't get enough sleep or if I don't eat breakfast. :laugh:

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone! :drinker:
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    great challenge innercutie.
  • sjmay
    Options
    I really want to be a runner. When I go the gym I do cardio for more than 90 minutes, so I totally have the stamina. But I just can't seem to do it mentally. It's like I just can't seem to break through. So usually I just do intervals. I will walk 1/4 mile, then run 1/4, then walk 1/4 mile and so on. But today I after I walked my warm-up I told myself I was just going to try to push through it. So today I ran my FIRST whole mile. It may not seem that big of a deal, but I can never usually go that far without walking in-between.
    Now, the true test will be if I can do the same thing tomorrow.

Lisa: You have the greatest motivation this week. You will totally see that 1 by the end of this week. I rooting for you!:drinker:

Great job! It's not easy getting into running. Have you looked into couch to 5 k at all? It helped me A LOT this summer to become a runner.
  • sjmay
    Options
    I just got 7 hours of sleep last night. I think that it was like 7 hrs and 5 mins :laugh: but, I made it. I ended up having a late supper, so I stayed up longer so I wouldn't go to bed right after I ate. I was so tired when I woke up this morning though! I think that tonight will be a much earlier night. Have a happy day! :flowerforyou:
  • sjmay
    Options

You are so positive! I know that you can do it this week! The pedicure is an excellent idea as a reward to yourself. Good luck!:drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I have to mention something about last weeks challenge.... I can't even recall who put it out there for us.... BUT THANK YOU!!!!
    I have been sticking with it... I have not been eating after 6:00 and I really think that it is helping me!!! For some reason, it is really working with my body and I think it is helping my metabolism, which is in GREAT need of assistance...
    Anyway, I am trying not to obsessively weigh myself, but every time I have stepped on the scale the last three days, the number has been lower... So, I'm excited!!! I do my "official" weigh -in on Wednesdays so, I am expecting good things :smile:
    Just wanted to encourage any of you gals who are looking for something to help you AND those of you who ARE NOT participating in the challenges..... THEY HELP!!! Get involved!! You will see a difference! :drinker:
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    hi everyone how is everyone doing? i'm trying to get my 7 hours or more of sleep, but it's hard when you have a 6and half month puppy that's has to go outside quiet abit. or your husband sleeps with the tv on and the light shines into the bedroom. but i think i do get plenty of sleep. ifelt alittle bit better so i exercise yesterday. i'm going to workout again tonight.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I dont like these challenges cuz they start off as no challenge at all and then by mid week they are challegning! lol
    like this week - I haven't been getting 7hrs when I almost always get 8-9hrs of sleep. haha. same thing with breakfast last week - I cannot leave the house without food cuz I'm starving by 9 or 10am but after committing to the challenge I slacked off. What's wrong with me?
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I am doing pretty well with the challenges. I always eat breakfast and I always get 8 hours of sleep. :tongue:

Water is my big thing I need to work on. Hmmph.

*hugs nolachick* Keep at it! :flowerforyou:

porterbaby - aw to the puppy! I can see how that would be difficult in getting enough sleep.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I am just getting back onto MFP and I would love to join this group. Is there still room? :bigsmile: