Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus Team for November

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I finally got the Wii fit plus today. I will use it either tonight or in the morning. How do you log it, I don't have a heart rate monitor and want to know the most accurate way to log my calories burned
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I skipped the 5 mile walk saturday, but did it Sunday. I did 60 minutes of freestep on Friday. I just wish I could get the food in line with the exercise.......need to get back to being in a downward trend, not just maintaining.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Beth- nice new picture. If you just hang in there, the scales will start moving down again.

Smadag1-I don't know the best way to accurately count calories burned. Sorry. I just try to stay focused on the number of minutes and the number of days.

I met my goal for last week for excercise. The scale moved down 1/2 a pound. Now, I'm psyched to be extra diligent this week.

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    Thanks Jam - My food has been actually about 1500-1600 calories a day but I am walking 5 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes a day or 60 minutes freestep (averaging 3400 steps per 30 minutes). I do this exercise nearly every day. Do you think I am overeating? My logs say that I should be adding just about 450 calories for exercise, but it doesnt seem to be working. Maybe I should stick to 1200 straight calories????
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! :flowerforyou:

Well, I have finally gotten into the freestep while watching tv and I love it!!!! At first I found it boring, but now I find if I make sure the tv show is something I really want to watch, then I barely even notice I am doing it. Last night I recorded one of my shows, so I was happy to get up this morning and watch it while I freesteped away. Unfortunately, it was only for 20 mins as I ran out of time, but I plan on doing another 30 mins this evening. :smile:

Has anyone tried the Biggest Loser wii game? I was thinking about trying it, but I was hoping for some feedback first.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Beth- I really think 1200 isn't enough for the long haul. I upped mine to 1300 calories per day which is just a little over my BMR. I just made it a round number. That comes down to 2 lbs per month. Check your BMR rate here in MFP and just round it upwards and see how much weight that will take off of you.

I work at a medical center and we have a staff nutritionist that works with staff. She would say to use 1400 calories per day to take it off slowly. I'm short and that was too much for me, so I compromised between 1200 and 1400 and it was almost the same as my BMR.

Have to go...............dinner just buzzed.

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    Well, no problem yesterday as I consumed about 2000 calories. I was great until Glenn got back from cub scouts with all the left over tuna macaroni salad from the pot luck. It was only half gone, so I helped myself to a big bowl. It was pretty darn good though. I hate being such a good cook. :P
  • jam0525
    Options
    Beth, I love tuna macaroni salad almost as much as potato salad. I here yah on having the left overs.

Sjmay- Welcome to the world of free steppers! It's a lifesaver for me with being able to work out on a regular basis.

I did the free run yesterday for 10 minutes. My legs were tired, but I had energy for the whole 10 minutes. I need to do it more often. Also, I did manage to do my strength training yesterday. So, off to a good start for this week.

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    I dont want to talk about it.................:grumble:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good Morning :drinker:

The other night I did end up going home and doing another 20 mins of free stepping and then 30 mins of wii fit plus on top of that. I love the running! And I love the calories it burns :bigsmile:

I bought Gold's Gym Cardio yesterday and tried it last night instead of doing wii fit. Has anyone else tried it? Whew! It sure worked up a sweat. I was very happy afterwards (although tired). And I think DH had a good chuckle out of it as I found out I like to curse back at the trainer when I feel like I'm falling apart. :laugh: But, it was great.

Tonight is my yoga class, so I am hoping to get in some freestepping after it. I'm addicted to it, it's official :wink:

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    This is the second week in a row that I've done the strength training 2 x's like I said I would in my goals. I can feel it in my arms and legs. I just keep everything at the lower number of repititions so that going through all the ones I will do takes 20 minutes. I can't wait to get the Fit Plus so that I can set it up as a routine.

I also talk back to the trainers.

Have a great day all.

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your goals JAM. My goals just seem to be lip service right now, so i am not going to insult you or myself with a goal I know right now I am not going to hit. :( My sister has challenged me to hit 192 by next Thursday. I really dont want her to hit her goal and me not, that would suck. Especially since she will rub it in.......brat. but just maybe I can do it. I have not slowed down on my workouts, just cant lay off the late night snacking.
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I got on my WII tonight!:happy: I did basic step and advance step for 8 minutes and 7 minutes of balance. I couldn't find free step that everyone keeps talking about. I haven't unlock all of my aerobics yet maybe it is one of the 2 that I haven't opened.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Angie- The free step is one of the last ones you unlock. Hang in there. You will get to it before you know it.
    JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    I stuck to my meal plan last night. Yeah!! I walked 4 miles yesterday after work and then while dinner was cooking, I went downstairs and did 30 minutes of freestep as well. I hope this means that I am back. Here is to one more good day to make it a habit. :drinker:
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Thanks JAM! I will keep plugging away at it.:smile:
  • allibeck
    Options
    Ah, so happy to see other people who use WiiFit like this! I also have WiiActive, which I absolutely love! I never even thought about using a riser for the free step.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just have a question for you guys- my husband and I are talking about buying a Wii-and I want to use it for the exercise - so, any advice on what to get when I'm starting out? I have no idea, and I'm not really a "gamer." Please advise. Thanks!
  • Krkennedy
    Options
    You have to hold the controller exactly as demostrated or it will not work
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    what would you recommend buying?? We're planning on getting a Wii for Christmas, and I understand there are different "packages" or games, options, or accessories. What would I need to get started, or what would you recommend? and if you know the best place to purchase as well - for the least amount. I've seen a Wii game system for $199.99 at most stores now..