Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus Team for November

Options
1235»

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Mina- The Wii Fit plus is better than the Wii Fit from what I've heard. I hope to get one for Christmas.

The $199.00 Wii should come with a basic sports and game package. The tennis and boxing will make you sweat. You will need to buy an extra set of the controller and other thingy so two can play.

To us the Wii Fit you need a balance board. I got one for Mother's Day, so I'm not sure how much it cost. I've seen Fit packages that include the board and a yoga mat. Any mat will do. I just use an old quilt for now.

The Wii is good for low impact excercises as you can't jump on the board. It does have running excercises too that you do without the board. It has decent yoga as the board tells you when you are out of alignment or off balance, etc. The free step is good as you can start it and switch to TV and watch TV while you step and several here have bought risers to raise the height.

Many move on to EA Active after they get in shape. I think the Wii is good for getting started and for people like me that are busy Moms and just can't fit in some of the other type of programs. I step while the kids watch TV. lol

Welcome all newcomers!

Good luck to all making good choices today!

JAM
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    thank you! I'm just not really sure what to get, and I'm a working Mom too, so I don't have a lot of time to go to a gym - need to be home, my little one is only 10 months old, so have a hard time being away from him! Thanks!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the wii fit plus it comes first week of december I can not wait!!
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Mina- It depends on how much you want to spend. The Wii comes with 1 remote, 1 nunchuck, and Wii sports. I bought in addition Wii Play game (it come with a remote), a 2nd nunchuck, and Wii Fit (with the board). Later, I bought the Wii Active. The Wii Play has a bunch of games that help you learn how to use the remote. It is fun to play even if you are inexperienced with game controllers like I am. The Wii Fit is what I use the most. I want to get Wii Fit Plus for Christmas because you can set up a routine and it calculates how many calories you burn. Honestly, I don't use the Wii Active very much because I go to the gym to do my cardio and strength training, but that may change as I get further along in my pregnancy and the weather gets bad. I had a friend with me who suggested what to buy when I decided to get the Wii. I hope this helps you.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it's going to be the Wii, the Wii Fit, and the Biggest Loser game.... Not sure how much that's going to run me, but it's for combo Birthday/Christmas.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states!

I did 60 minutes yesterday and plan to do 60 minutes today in anticipation of dessert tonight.

Good luck to all of us in our choices today! No matter what our checkins look like on Monday, we will get through this holiday season better than in years past and get 2010 off to a healthy active start.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states!

I did 60 minutes yesterday and plan to do 60 minutes today in anticipation of dessert tonight.

Good luck to all of us in our choices today! No matter what our checkins look like on Monday, we will get through this holiday season better than in years past and get 2010 off to a healthy active start.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    I did 60 minutes today and only ended up 200 calories over for the day. I'm stuffed and can't eat another thing.

How's everyone else doing?

JAM
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i was pretty bad Thursday, but I did get in 30 minutes of step in the morning and walked 3 miles after dinner. I was great the rest of the weekend. Yea me!! I hope everyone else is happy with themselves. Happy Holidays.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Here is the link to the new thread for December

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/72230-wii-fit-fit-plus-etc-for-december

JAM