WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day here in the NW. Got all our yard work done yesterday so today I can just enjoy the sunshine. It's still cool outside so I'll look out at the sun :laugh:

I am off to get my teeth cleaned later this morning. I just never look forward to that but do enjoy the squeaky clean feeling after!

Hope you all have a great day.

Esther
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening everyone, just a quick note to let you know I'm still alive. Going to my daughters to watch Matthew while they go grocery shopping. It's raining (yet again) and they don't want to take the chance of him catching cold. I'm doing good with calories and exercise. Am reading but not posting real busy with baby showers and wedding coming up. Welcome to newbies, your going to love it here.
    Everyone stay safe and have a wonderful week, Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello All,

I have had another great day worked out twice once in a.m. once in p.m. and burnt a ton of calories (1000). I am so happy to be back on track am hoping all my family will stay healthy for a while so I can work on my weight loss.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nanapami welcome to our group these ladies are amazing they have been there and encouraged me so much I could never begin to thank everyone for there support. So this is a great group. Your goals look great slow and steady wins the race or gets there life back.:flowerforyou:

Barbiecat you are very talented you can knit and ride a bike at the same time I can ride a bike but can’t knit. Way to multitask.:laugh:

Swiss Miss Way to go you are an inspiration.:flowerforyou:

Vicki way to go working out and supporting your husband and I am thankful my husband has a job too with the economy as it is.:flowerforyou:

Rosemary glad everything is going well for you.

Good night everyone,

Lynn :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Esther, another good thing about getting your teeth cleaned is that you don't want to get them dirty by eating sticky, sweet things.:happy:

:flowerforyou: Lynn, that is great !! 1000 calories !!! The most I have ever burned with Zumba was 442 and that was yesterday when I really pushed it.

I went to my strength class tonight. This little girl (the instructor) really makes us work. I will probably be sore in the morning.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I made a very nice healthy dinner tonight that only my hubby and I liked. The kiddos just moved it around and tore it into pieces. If the chicken ain't fried, it can't be good.

On the other hand, my dogs were thrilled to have the leftovers mixed in with their dog food. At least they like what I cook. lol

Have a nice evening,

Jeannie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    MacMadame: What is the Ironman AZ and the IMAZ swim course? That sounds interesting. However, I don’t swim - I sink.:laugh:
    Ironman AZ is an Ironman race that takes place in Arizona (AZ). IMAZ is the same thing only more abbreviated. It's a triathlon where you swim, bike and run so each segment has a course/route that you can do when the race is not on in order to try it out.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This has been another lovely day with a great line dance class and almost an hour at the dog park where Brandy and Sasha got to play with other poodles. Later I made apple squash soup with squash and apples from friends’ gardens. I froze half of it and we’ll have the other half tomorrow.

:flowerforyou: Becky, I’m glad to see you back on track. You have been a mainstay of my journey on MFP and I wish you great success. I hope you get your own computer again soon, it’s always so great to hear from you.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I am so glad that Bradley has settled in and learned the doggy door routine. We’ve had kitty doors in every house except this one and I had similar trepidation about whether each new cat would learn to use it.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, having a job is so important, but it sure gets in the way of important stuff like going to the gym. You are great to be so supportive of hubby even when it interferes with what you want to do.

:flowerforyou: Lynn, burning 1000 calories is great. I don’t think I’ve ever done that much. I went and did a report of calories burned in the last 180 days and I never even made it to 900 in one day. After all you family challenges you deserve some days to focus on you.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, were your kids upset that you fed their dinner to the dogs? :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Rosemary, I know you'll make good food choices at all the parties.

:flowerforyou: esther, we have the same good weather up here. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: MacMadame, you've lost a lot of weight :bigsmile: How did you decide on a goal weight.? I keep changing my goal :laugh: :laugh:

We took turns riding the exercise bike while we watched the Yankees win the World Series.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    We did it again. Day 4 up at 4:30 am this morning and off to the gym. I will stop boring you with this after it becomes a habit for me. Right now I know that if I have to post and tell you I didnt get up I will be upset about telling you so that is whay I report it to you each day. Barbie, Kenneth is a huge Yankee fan so we also watched the game. We actually fell asleep at 7-1 but got up this morning and saw that they did it. Since we are getting up early I am asleep most nights by 10 pm. That is a good thing I guess. I have already eaten my breakfast and i am cooking supper as I type. I have been neglectful of cooking the past few days and we have eaten out or eaten cereal. That works for us. It is almost more economical to not cook, but not always the best for diet. I usually make good choices though. so glad all of you are doing so well. We are loving this cool weather and hoping the tropical depression goes away. A hurricane in November would be awful. I am going to send Susie a message when I end her. I realized we have not heard from her in a while. Have any of you. Did I miss a message that she would be away? Have a good day ladies.
    Vicki M
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'm baaaaack!!!!! :tongue:

My husband began a night rotation when we got home from his Aunt's (6 days of nights, 3 days off, 6 days of days, 3 days off, then repeat). Between not resting well while he's gone and the time change my body is just now beginning to get back onto a schedule. I was thinking I would do better with him gone or sleeping, but turns out its harder to find time to exercise now without waking him up. Guess I'm gonna just have to start making myself do it as soon as he leaves for work each evening., instead of my usual mornings.

I did really well with my eating while I was gone. But all that travel put a real damper on my loss. I only lost 3 pounds in the 5 weeks of October. But have managed to drop one since we got home, so I am on my way for November. And so far I LOVE these new toning tennis shoes.

My November goals are to lose at least a pound a week and find time to exercise in spite of hubby's rotating work schedule.

:laugh: Something to smile about: as I was bending over the bathroom sink brushing my teeth, hubby commented, "You don't jiggle as much as you used to." I'm taking that as a compliment!

This has nothing whatsoever to do with weight loss but thought you'd all get a kick out of seeing my granddog, Chloe, on her first birthday:

152798_9806.jpg
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I didn't really decide on a goal weight. At first, I picked 145 as my goal because I'd gotten down to that before so I knew I could do it. But I also knew I'd have 10-20 lb. to lose at that weight. So I kept lowering it until I was in spitting distance of a normal BMI. At that point, I decided I'd get down to "normal" and see what happened.

What happened is that I still had too much body fat even though I was "normal" on the charts. :laugh: So I went down some more until I got to a point where I liked how I looked. Then I started adding the calories back in until I stopped losing.

I bounce around in a range though. I'm not sure what to do with that and my ticker. Recently I decided to just update my ticker every Monday like I did when I was actively losing. That way, if I start to creep up, it will be obvious.

Oh and I forgot to say that, since I lost weight, I sink too! I can't float any more and that's kind of sad because I used to love floating on my back in the pool and drifting around.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Vicki M, I hear that it takes 21 days for a habit to form. If you can just tell yourself this every day you will eventually reach that 3 week goal.

:flowerforyou: SuziQ, so nice that your husband noticed. And yes, I would take that as a compliment. I also have a Yorkie. He will be seven on Dec. 24. He is soooo spoiled. I brush him out every night and my husband takes him for a walk during the day. He has a girlfriend who lives a block behind us and he loves to go and play in the leaves with her.

:flowerforyou: MacMadame...We can't always go by the charts. If you have a lot of muscle then the chart will show that you weigh too much but you could actually be a healthy weight. I am just below the overweight area on the BMI chart, but I really do not look like I am close to overweight.

I think that I will have a whole body assessment done at the gym. This will tell me what my ideal weight should be and will let me know just how much actual body fat I have.
  • janessmi
    Options
    Hi all, like some of others. I have been mostly lurking during the month of October. I read most of the posts daily and find them funny and inspirational. I did very good during the month of October. My weight goal was 5 lbs and I lost 8 lbs. I started at the Y at the end of Sept and have been attending Zumba twice a week, yoga 2 or 3 times a week and weight circuit and treadmill once or twice a week. But since a large family gathering the weekend of Oct 23rd, I have been craving carbs in the form of bread, crackers and popcorn and had some set backs with Halloween candy. Part of it, is all of the good fresh local frutis and veggies are gone. So I have to find new foods to make. I feel like I need to do week 1-2 or South Beach to get rid of carvings again.

November goal is to lose 5 lbs. Log daily and stay within my calorie goals and exercise atleast 5 days per week for aleast 1 hour.

Susan
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Finally got exercise out of the way. I seem to have a love/hate realtionship with my workout DVDs.

Meeting a friend for a salad, then time to grocery shop. Think I'll wear my Shapeups.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's visit to the dentist was positive. I have to got 3 times a year because of receding gums. I've had two surgeries on my gums so I am trying diligently to keep everything clean and healthy. The hygenist said everything looked really good and didn't feel he needed to call the dentist in to look. So....I am sold on the 'water pik' method of cleaning my teeth and gums. Maybe more information that you wanted but I shared anyway :laugh: :laugh:

Are any of you in the medical field or know someone who is. Our son-in-law has a problem with his body producing too much seritonan (sp?) and passes out. He is in the hospital right now getting more tests as he passed out again this morning due to his blood pressure being very low. He has medication for it but isn't consistent in taking it. My unprofessional opinion is that the medication needs to continually be taken to keep it in the bloodstream?!?! Makes sense to me - anyone know if I'm on the right tract? Don't want to be the preaching mil if I'm not correct in my thinking:happy:

Hope you're all having a great day.

Esther

p.s. It is good when people notice when we don't jiggle as much! It HAS to be a compliment:wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I weighed 120 this morning which is pretty close to my original goal of 118 and not far from my recently adjusted goal of 115. I'm wearing size small tops and size 6 jeans. My thighs still seem too chubby to suit me. Two women at line dance lectured me about how I shouldn't lose any more weight. One of them had recently asked me to tell her more about how I lost weight and then wasn't interested in pursuing what I told her. The other had lost a lot of weight with WW but had put a lot of weight back on as the result of a cruise and a family week long event to celebrate her 50th anniversary.

:flowerforyou: MacMadame thanks for sharing how you decided on your goal. I think I may have an opportunity to find out about body fat percentage in the next few weeks. I am curious about that. You got me curious about floating. I don't swim for exercise so it's been a long time since I floated around in a pool on a hot summer day on vacation. I like your idea about updating your ticker weekly to keep track of any gain.

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ, I was beginning to wonder where you were so I'm glad to find out that your visit went well and that your new shoes are successful and that you are continuing to lose weight.

:flowerforyou: Esther, I get my teeth cleaned at the periodontist's office every three months. I still have my wisdom teeth and they do a great job of cleaning every tooth and give me great tips for keeping them clean between visits.

:flowerforyou: Susan, it's good to hear from you again and hear how focused you are.

It's raining and the dogs don't understand why I'm not taking them to the dog park. Sasha keeps coming over and bumping my hands as I type, hoping I will remember that she wants to go.

hugs :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hello everyone

I'm sick WHAH! Not the H1N1 - just weak as a kitten and woozy. I actually took two days off and should still be off today but can't afford it. I work alone so I'm not concerned about getting anyone else sick. You know how you wish you could stay home to get something done?? Doesn't work when you're sick:grumble: I just felt like a big waste of time. I basically slept and complained for two whole days :blushing:
    Tomorrow is my son's bday He will be 17 - already! His favourite dinner (they always get to choose bday dinner) is chicken parm and cherry cheesecake.OH MY I'll have to be careful with my portion - unless I still feel crappy then I'll be okay because the very thought of having either of those foods is turning my stomach.

Barbiecat 120:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Your strength and comittment continues to make me want to do better.
    Vicki - 4:30 a.m.??? You are amazing. I want to take an aerobics class at the fitness centre that starts at 6 and I would also have to get up at 4:30 but I'm afraid I'll peter out before work ends at 5:30 so I just roll over and go back to sleep!! You are 'almost' inspiring me.

Swiss - I am trying to do the 21 days and its yours thing. Seems to be much easier with bad habits:grumble:

Going home to bed now:yawn: (Its 4:30 here)

Heather
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Well, I haven't written since I debated the treadmill/YMCA.

I went to Sears and tried to buy one and no ONE would wait on me. I waited 30 and they kept saying I'll be there in a second. So I counted it as my God answering my prayers. I walked out and went over to the Y and signed up. Now I have the treadmill, elliptical, and all the machines.

Eeegads, i am so sore. To each one of you, heres to getting healthy. Be blessed each one of you ladies. kc
    ps and if you know the correct way i should be going and deciding which thing to do each day and how often, let me know. Today I was absolutely exhausted from spending an hour down there yesterday!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Barbie, i read your post. I would love to hear in detail how you did it.

You know every time I go and work out, the next few days I am starving and I ruin everything I did. What is wrong with me? Also, Heather, I hate being sick and was the last few days. You're in my prayers. kc
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:flowerforyou:

Congratulations Barbie on doing such a great job:flowerforyou: You are a true inspiration to all of us. I feel like we have been on this journey together and I am very proud of you:flowerforyou:

Today I did lots of household chores, did a Biggest Loser Bootcamp Workout, shovelled snow off the deck, made healthy muffins for myself and some homemade cinnamon buns that I cheerfully donated all to the neighbors!! The weather was cold and snowy but it was nice and warm in my kitchen and the aroma's were yummy and calorie free:laugh: :laugh:

Hope all are doing well

Marie:heart:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    I just got around to reading the posts. Welcome back Susie. Barbie that weight is awesome. i cant wait to be there or close. Yes I know it takes 21 days to form the habit, but I think I can do it. If kenneth keeps waking me up. Once I am awake it is no problem. Some mornings like today it is hard to get my heart rate going, but I am still exercising so that is okay. I spent today upgrading to Windows 7. Yuk. I managed to save everything except my email stuff. I really did not have anything that important on there I hope. It was a chore. I kind of know what I am doing but not enough to get myself out of trouble. I think Iike it better but too early to tell. Well I will talk to you ladies in the morning. Need to clean up kitchen and get ready for bed. Bedtime comes early these days. LOL.
    Vicki M