Is breakfast necessary??

Options
I HATE eating in the morning, I'm not even remotely hungry when I get up. Is eating breakfast completely necessary for successful weight loss? Because I'd rather save calories for lunch lol. Any tips or suggestions for easy breakfasts would be much appreciated!
:yawn:

Replies

• Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Necessary - No.

Awesome - Yes.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I dont eat breakfast.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    No you don't need to eat breakfast. It doesn't matter when you get your calories. The only reason people suggest meals every few hours/breakfast, is so you are not extremely hungry throughout the day and you end up binging.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Eat breakfast. Your body hasn't eaten for 10-12 hours and it needs nourishment. You'll be more aware and awake, and you'll be less likely to overeat at lunch and dinner.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    absolutely not
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The short answer is no as long as you end up consuming the same amount of calories per day.

Studies which focus on the benefit of breakfast do show an advantage for people with disregulated eating habits. Having breakfast caused them to end up eating less per day that they used to when they skipped it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I think it is all a bunch of crap. You have so many calories a day... use them how you see best. why force yourself to spend 300 calories on a breakfast you don't want and then suffer at lunch and dinner when you might enjoy those calories then?

I'm starting to think all the fad.."increase your metabolism" "starvation mode" stuff is hooey!

Just do what you want..then if you don't lose..maybe tweak it and try to eat a little something and see if it works.
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry when I first wake up, either, but I generally eat about 1.5 -2 hours after I'm up. I try to eat every 3-4 hours after that to keep myself from getting out of control hungry (or b!tchy).
  • davidb611
    Options
    yes breakfast help kick start your metabolism and you need to feed your mucles after a long nights sleep
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    you don't have to do anything you don't want to! i'm not really a breakfast person either, i just eat a protein bar and that's it. everyone is different, some eat big breakfasts, some big lunches, and some big dinners.. whereas others only eat several small meals throughout the day. i don't think it really matters as long as you stay within your calorie limit the rest of the day.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The short answer is no as long as you end up consuming the same amount of calories per day.

^ This.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    yes breakfast help kick start your metabolism and you need to feed your mucles after a long nights sleep
    There is no such thing as 'kickstarting' metabolism. Metabolism is metabolism. You can add lean muscle mass to help. Sorry this is kind of an old wives tale.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^ This.

Seconded!
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just eat when you are hungry. Your body always tells you when it needs nourishing.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use to then and now I dont. I still lose weight
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Your body stores energy, it doesn't need a constant supply of calories.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast. Your body hasn't eaten for 10-12 hours and it needs nourishment. You'll be more aware and awake, and you'll be less likely to overeat at lunch and dinner.

At least there is one reasonable minded person on the forums this morning.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    It helped me. Not necessary though.
    But I used to be the same way so I drank slim fast.
    180 calories, 10g protein, 5g fiber. Not bad for a breakfast.
    You can get cappicuino so its like your morning coffee.
    Or the creamy milk chocolate. because it's delicious.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    My advice? Don't listen to the advice on here. Too many opinions, too many people who think they know all the things about diet and fitness.