Replies

• lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Monday - 10 cups of water - 0 exercise.
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thank you! i'm trying. i get really upset though because i am trying to hard and i feel like nothing is happening. 40 pounds down and still a size 14/16!? how can that be!? thats what i was before i lost 40 pounds. unless my scale is wrong and says i lost 40 but I really didnt..... all i know is i'm trying and i;m not stoping until i weigh 150!:grumble:

yesterday: 8 glasses of water and 70 mins of exercise. I did the 30 day shred twice. man was i sore after the 2nd time!
    today: 8 glasses of water and 70 mins of exercise
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    aabelein - hang in there. There are several reasons that you could be dropping pounds and still be in the same size.
    1. How did the pants fit to begin with - were they a little snug and you wore them anyway, are they now fitting better?
    2. Where do they fall on your hips, stomach, natural waist - that all makes a difference in size. my natural waist gets smaller but my stomach has not moved all that much so depending on what type of pants and where they sit makes a difference in the size
    3. Are you seeing changes in other areas. The first place I lose weight in my breast (bra change), then face, then arms, then thighs, then finally stomach - you may be seeing results elsewhere that do not affect your pants size at this time. I see a difference in my shoe size and my rings - are you seeing any of those changes
    4. 40 pounds is a huge feat - you should be feeling better, healthier, have more energy. It is not just the number on the scale it is everything wrapped up together. If you are lifting weights then you body will react differenetly then if you are just doing TJ. Strength training helps you on several areas and should be continued. Don't give up you have come too far. It is frustrating when you don't see a change in pants size but you should be seeing other results. Stay positive and focused. You are doing great.:happy:
  • kholmes
    Options
    Monday - 60 min workout, 9 glasses water
    Tuesday - 25 min workout
  • aabelein
    Options
    aabelein - hang in there. There are several reasons that you could be dropping pounds and still be in the same size.
    1. How did the pants fit to begin with - were they a little snug and you wore them anyway, are they now fitting better?
    2. Where do they fall on your hips, stomach, natural waist - that all makes a difference in size. my natural waist gets smaller but my stomach has not moved all that much so depending on what type of pants and where they sit makes a difference in the size
    3. Are you seeing changes in other areas. The first place I lose weight in my breast (bra change), then face, then arms, then thighs, then finally stomach - you may be seeing results elsewhere that do not affect your pants size at this time. I see a difference in my shoe size and my rings - are you seeing any of those changes
    4. 40 pounds is a huge feat - you should be feeling better, healthier, have more energy. It is not just the number on the scale it is everything wrapped up together. If you are lifting weights then you body will react differenetly then if you are just doing TJ. Strength training helps you on several areas and should be continued. Don't give up you have come too far. It is frustrating when you don't see a change in pants size but you should be seeing other results. Stay positive and focused. You are doing great.:happy:

thanks kim! you always know what to say. :smile: When i bought the pants they did fit a little snug at the waist. they are much looser now and probably sit on my hip where before they were at my waist. my face is a lot thiner and so are my breasts. my arms are about 1.5 inches smaller than they used to be and so are my thighs. also my fingers are getting smaller now too. my dad makes jewerly and some of the rings he made me didnt used to fit at all now they fit just fine. so i know i am losing, i just really want to get down in the pant sizes. i would love to wear a 12 again! and be able to shop at regular stores and not plus size stores. i;m not giving up until i weigh 150 though. i'm not. like you said i've come too far to stop and i wont. i started doing the 30 day shred 2 times each day. my arms wanted to fall off last night when i finished for the 2nd time. so hopefully this will help me.:wink:
    i found a picture of my sister and i at her wedding. i want to upload it here and then post a progress pic so you all can see the difference. i just need to take the new pic. i want to wear the dress i wore at her wedding so you can see the difference. i'm just scared that if i put it on, its going to fit like it did before. since my pants are still the same, i'm worried thats how the dress will look too:frown: :ohwell:
  • kholmes
    Options
    You will see a difference. When you drop that pants size you will know you have accomplished a huge feat. And it could be that you go from a 16 to a 12 without a blink. Our bodies are so weird and unique that what happens with one person may not happen with another person. You will get to your goal weight and fit into those 12.

Remember not to overwork yourself - your body needs rest too. And if you are doing all of those workouts then you definetly need to be eating those exercise calories :grumble: or your body will start eating muscle and you will not see weight loss.

We would love to see your before and after.

When I go home for Christmas I will try on my bridesmaid dress too and see what that difference is to. I just left it at my moms because I knew I would not need it.
  • aabelein
    Options
    You will see a difference. When you drop that pants size you will know you have accomplished a huge feat. And it could be that you go from a 16 to a 12 without a blink. Our bodies are so weird and unique that what happens with one person may not happen with another person. You will get to your goal weight and fit into those 12.

Remember not to overwork yourself - your body needs rest too. And if you are doing all of those workouts then you definetly need to be eating those exercise calories :grumble: or your body will start eating muscle and you will not see weight loss.

We would love to see your before and after.

When I go home for Christmas I will try on my bridesmaid dress too and see what that difference is to. I just left it at my moms because I knew I would not need it.
    what are some good snacks then? because what i have to eat all adds up to about 1200 calories a day. i usually eat the same thing everyday almost..... coffee and a banana or nutri-grain bar for breakfast or an english muffin, lunhc is a pb&j with an apple and baby carrots or a stick of cheese and dinner is baked chicken with rice, or broccoli or corn or potatoes and green peppers. so if i buy some good snacks that i can eat while im at work between my meals than i can probably get in my exercise calories too. any suggestions?:flowerforyou:
  • lmr9
    Options
    aabelein - I snack on...
    baby carrots, lowfat string cheese, Nature's Path has a few different flavors of bars that are really yummy, Luna bars, fruit, frozen banana slices (sounds crazy, but try it, cures my ice cream cravings :laugh: ), glass of milk, nuts, lowfat cottage cheese, lowfat yogurt, 100-calorie popcorn bags.

Good luck! Stick with it!! :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    Options
    aabelein - I snack on...
    baby carrots, lowfat string cheese, Nature's Path has a few different flavors of bars that are really yummy, Luna bars, fruit, frozen banana slices (sounds crazy, but try it, cures my ice cream cravings :laugh: ), glass of milk, nuts, lowfat cottage cheese, lowfat yogurt, 100-calorie popcorn bags.

Good luck! Stick with it!! :flowerforyou:
    those sound great! although i already eat cheese for lunch, but i def. want to buy some nuts, and 100 calories packs or some kind. and the frozen bananas sound really good. my grandma used to put hersheys syrup on them and then freeze them. mmmmm makes me miss my grandma :cry: hehe im going to the store after work to get some snacks so hopefully i'll be able to get some that will help me eat my exercise calories :happy: thanks guys!
  • kholmes
    Options
    Lately my morning snack is Dannon lite and fit with homeade granola. My afternoon snack is cucumbers with a homeade dill dip.

But I also eat - hummus and celery, peanut butter and apple, nuts, cheese, air popped popcorn, any kind of fruit, vegetables, fiber 1 granola bar

You could make you little lettuce wraps with low fat deli meat and veggies for snacks or I use to eat mozarella, tomato, and pesto salads for snacks - just get creative and try different things out You could do jello or pudding cups too.

My husband likes to eat a boiled egg and cheese for a snack but that is not for me. He also does the protein shakes but I don't like the taste of those.

If you buy the 100 calorie packs (or any of the snacks for that matter) just make sure you don't start getting cravings because of the sugar. Just watch your body and your hunger patterns when you introduce something new. You could
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    One thing about Dannon Light & Fit... it contains aspartame, which is an artificial sweetener. I haven't looked into it in depth, but I recently read an article on Yahoo Health that said aspartame can cause increased cravings for sweets. However, everyone's body is different and if aspartame doesn't seem to bother you, then don't worry. Just a heads up.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Sorry i'v been gone for a while. I've done my cardio everday, but not much water. I'm at 175:noway: bummed!!!!! Went shopping today, i'm officially a plus size, and can't shop at my favorite store. That's ok. No more read meat or potatoes. I stocked up on water, chicken, fish, and vegies today. I also got a ruuning partner (finally) we start tommorow!!! And she's my neighbor so I cant get away from her:bigsmile: .
  • aabelein
    Options
    Sorry i'v been gone for a while. I've done my cardio everday, but not much water. I'm at 175:noway: bummed!!!!! Went shopping today, i'm officially a plus size, and can't shop at my favorite store. That's ok. No more read meat or potatoes. I stocked up on water, chicken, fish, and vegies today. I also got a ruuning partner (finally) we start tommorow!!! And she's my neighbor so I cant get away from her:bigsmile: .
    dont worry, i know how you feel. i was a size 16 before i started dieting. i've lost 40 pounds but i still cant really fit into any other size yet. just keep it up and dont get too frustrated. it will happen its just going to take some time. but its better to take time then to get it off fast just to have it come back because it wasnt done properly. :flowerforyou: you'll be just fine! hmmm i need to take my own advice! lol:laugh:
  • lmr9
    Options
    Tuesday - 8 cups of water - 45 minutes of exercise.

Welcome Back jolinemm! :flowerforyou:
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yay, I am feeling better! :happy:

Sunday: 4 glasses of water, 0 exercise.
    Monday: 4 glasses of water, 0 exercise.
    Tuesday: 4 glasses of water, 60 mins yoga, 40 mins cardio.
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    November goals:

Lose 7lb.
    Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes daily.
    Stay under 1200 calories
  • aabelein
    Options
    good morning team!!:flowerforyou:
    hope you are all having a good Wednesday so far!! :smile:
    Yesterday: 70 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water
    today: 70 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water.
    So I've been doing the 30 day shred two times in a day and man can I feel it!!:happy: By the time the last circuit comes and I have to do interior raises with a side lunge, i litterally have to throw my arms up because its too heavy. lol. last time i did the dvd was using 3 lb weights and now i'm using 5. its amazing the difference that 2 pounds makes!!:laugh: But I'm really hopeing to finally see some results this weekend. I got in enough calories yesterday, I hope! I ate about 1350. So I know its only 150 more than what I'm supposed to eat, but thats more than I usually eat. I went and bought some natural almonds (MMMMMMMMMM) and 100 calorie packs of chips ahoy!! I figured i deserved some chocolate:love::tongue: But I'm having a problem deciding what to have for dinner. Want to give me some ideas? I dont have a lot to work with, so if you know a chicken recipe thats simple and doesnt inculde a bunch of ingredients, please let me know! lol. I have red and russet potatoes, i have a couple cans of cream of mushroom soup, chicken breasts, rice, some seasonings, green bell pepper, carrots, green onions, and i cant really think of anything else.......I'll tell you guys a recipe that I love love love love!! I made it last night (not for the first time, I've been making it for a few months now). I dont really have a name of it but here it goes

BBQ baked chicken w/ green pepper and red potatoes (for 2)

2 boneless skinless chicken breats
    1/2 green bell pepper (or more if you like to eat more of them)
    1 large red potato sliced thinly (almost like chips, but not that thin)
    1 green onion, diced
    1/2 c. shredded 2% cheddar cheese
    4 tbl bbq sauce
    2 sheets tin foil

Preheat over to 350. Place 1 sheet on tin foil on a baking sheet, in the center put 1 tblspoon bbq sauce. Place chicken breats on top of sauce and add 1 tblspoon bbq sauce to top of chicken. Place thinly sliced red potato on top of chicken( i use about 4 to 5 slices per breat). Place green peppers on top of potato. Then sprinkle diced green onion on top of that. Fold in the top and sides of the tin foil so food is locked inside and bake for 35 mins. Once baked, cut top of tin foil off and sprinkle with 1/4 c shredded cheese, place in oven for 1-2 mins or until cheese is melted. Then enjoy!!!

I really love this dish and I hope some of you out there will try it. Dont cut the potatoes too thick or else they wont bake properly and will still be kinda crunchy when its done baking. let me know if anyone decides to make it! I want to know how it turns out!:bigsmile: :drinker: So share some ideas with me!! I need more recipes that are simple! hehe:smile::glasses:

Have a great day team!! keep up the great work!!:flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • DownSizin
    Options
    Good morning TEAM! Happy Veteran's Day! :heart:
    First of all CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who lost last week - INCHES and/or POUNDS! Woo-Hoo!

Kim & lmr9 - thanks for all the encouragement and advice. I lost 3 lbs last week!!! YIPPEEE!!

Ariel - thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely try it and I have an amazing crockpot chicken dish that I got from weight watchers site that is absolutely delicious - my family's favorite! I'll post it for everyone.

Welcome sineadm099. :flowerforyou:
    Welcome back, jolinemm!
    Amm - Glad you are feeling better! Tell your hubby THANK YOU for his service! Did you say he was a Marine? Yesterday was the Marines' Birthday! Happy Birthday!! I'm flying my flag today to honor them all! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Okay, did anyone like the spreadsheet? Do you want me to continue or no? Let me know. I'm willing to keep it going if someone is finding it useful.

Have a great day, everyone! I'm going to go hunt for that recipe now. :smile:
  • aabelein
    Options
    Karen, I like the spreadsheet. But if others think it would be better to stop it, thats okay with me. :smile:
  • kholmes
    Options
    Okay, did anyone like the spreadsheet? Do you want me to continue or no? Let me know. I'm willing to keep it going if someone is finding it useful.

I didn't get the spreadsheet. I hope I gave you the correct email address. But Karen I am with Ariel if you don't want to continue the spreadsheet that is ok. It is alot of time and you have a busy life.