Women Should NEVER Lift Weights!

Options
123457»

Replies

• sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree to a point... If you're lifting for resistance training, it's a great way to lose the weight. After all, the more muscle tone you have, the faster your body will burn the fat. However, if you're doing it for the sport of it -- I.E. bodybuilder status -- yeah, please don't. No guy wants to date a chick who looks more manly than he does. When used properly, weights can actually be quite helpful.

JBjjo.gif

LOL my sentiments exactly!! I was at first like what is this fool about to say as I read on i was like PAHAHAHAHAHHA
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    just came back from the store with my bedazzler....1# weights, here i go

FYI, you may want to bedazzle your gloves, too. It would be a cryin shame to get calluses on those purty hands.

Right, agreed I will do that....good looking out!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Folks that don't get sarcasm (or the fact that this is in Chit-chat, fun and games) makes me a sad (& bulky) panda...

w3co7.jpg
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ladies! its ok for you to lift weights. my mom does and shes not bulking up
    Really? Well she better stop before it's too late!

women don't (or arent supposed to) bulk up like men shell be fine

she just needs more protein in her diet.
  • 1wendy123
    1wendy123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i read that if i don't want to bulk, as you put it, then i should stay off protein shakes, bars and other things alike and just get my protein through natural food sources :) so far so good i seem to be toning up ok,, just struggling to get rid of my jelly belly :(
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I totally disagree! TOTALLY!

I love lifting and I wont stop! It is impossible for women to get big like the body builders, I will be lean but I will eat more than 1200 calories and I pick up higher weights!

DO no say this to women becuase we should lift. Everyone is already scared to and you are making them more scared. every body is different. You are a guy!!! You have no idea how a womens body will act to lifting, and I can promise you it will give them a great butt and hot arms, not getting stuck in door ways!

OP's sarcasm font is obviously malfunctioning.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Well, shoot. You mean I've been doing it all wrong for the last two years??!! Well, shoot, I better get back to that cardio and get rid of this lean muscle mass. It might hurt me..LOL!!

And for the folks that do think women will bulk up:

"Women Won’t Look Like Men and Men Won’t Look Like Bulldogs
    Before digging into the details about lifting or lowering anything, it is important to address a common fear that exercising with heavy things makes women look like men and men look like bulldogs. The best way to address this fear is to understand our biology. Everyone has a gene called GDF-8, and that controls a substance called myostatin, which controls the amount of muscle we have and how much muscles develop naturally. The base levels of myostatin and muscle in basically all women and most men make it impossible for them to naturally build bulky muscles. It does not matter how much resistance we use. The majority of us—especially women—do not have the genes to build bulky muscles via any form of exercise."

"I find it useful to think about muscle size like muscle speed. Few people are fast because few people have “fast genes.” No matter how much most people run, they will never get faster than their genes allow. However, if people do have the genetics for speed, they will naturally be faster than most people without ever training. Similarly, few people can become bulky because few people—particularly women—have “bulky genes.” No matter how much most people resistance train, they will never develop more muscle than their genes allow."

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-you-should-lift-and-lower-heavy-things/#ixzz234k9Im00

If women end up looking bulky lifting then they're building muscle without burning any body fat (or taking those special pills). So they've got nice strong muscles with still a thick layer of body fat. Your bf% will drop as you gain muscle (and a pound of muscle burns about 7-10 calories onto your daily burn) even without actually burning off fat.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-you-should-lift-and-lower-heavy-things/#ixzz234k5U9Np
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I agree! none of the women on my FL lift... lifting is for men.... and so is Zumba... should be men only!

Pitt, what outfit are you wearing to Zumba tonight? I don't want to match like last week. That was embarrassing!
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Right?! These muscles get in the way all the time!! So sick of it lol!!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lifting and Aaron Rodgers? I need not go past the first post to fall in love.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I disagree, too, because I had lifted weights (years ago) for years, and I never had that problem. I looked very healthy and had a healthy definition to my body overall. I ate over 1600 calories a day with lots of protein in my diet. I think EVERYONE is different in how their bodies react to everything. Just my two cents.:laugh: :drinker:

SarcasmSign.jpg

Win! My favorite show! LOL! :laugh:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Haha my favourite too :smile:
  • adiannen83
    adiannen83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, he didn't get it twice! I'm dying over here! LOL:laugh: