What body type do you men prefer?

Options

Replies

• HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This post has made me realize a few things.

1. I think I may have a very scewed idea of what men want. I always imagined that guys want a size 0, stick thin girl. Even the local radio station guy here says he wants his women "annorexic" and nothing more. Maybe it is a local thing, but it seems if you are anything over 110 pounds, you are worthless to men. I would love to find a man who doesn't mind that I have a few curves.

2. Men and women have very different ideas of what "thick" is. Thick seems to mean curvy but athletic to men, and curvy to females seem to encompass more shapes and sizes. For example...I have an online dating profile and I list myself as "a few extra pounds" instead of curvy or thick. At 5'7 and 188 pounds, I feel like I need to lose about 30 more pounds before men consider me "thick."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A man can get boobs, grow hair, wear makeup, heals, skirt etc, even take hormones to become more feminine looking.

What he can never do is magically grow hips or become hour glass shaped.....THAT is what I like. Nothing is more womanly looking to me than hips and/or hourglass shape.

That is both not true and kind of offensive! Points for not being nasty about it, but the anti-trans message is still there.

EDIT: When taking estrogen, a transwoman will naturally put on weight in the chest, hips, thighs and butt, same as any other woman. What slows the process is that most transwomen already have a naturally low body fat %, so the gains in those areas are slow or minimal. Over time it can certainly add up, especially if she doesn't work out. The breasts are grown though, and not just fat. They're just like any woman's breasts.

I don't they were putting out an anti-trans message, just stating that typically women are the only sex out of the two predisposed to a natural hourglass shape......Don't read into it :)

I agree. And also, an hourglass is bone structure, not fat. I am an hourglass. I will be an hourglass if I weigh 90 pounds or 200 pounds because I have wide hip bones and breasts that are mammary tissue, not fat. No amount of hormones will give a man wider hip bones. Or a woman, for that matter. You either have them or you don't.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

And even if you are on the heavy side, wear clothes that fit you right, flatter your good parts and always have a ton of sex appeal!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    A man can get boobs, grow hair, wear makeup, heals, skirt etc, even take hormones to become more feminine looking.

What he can never do is magically grow hips or become hour glass shaped.....THAT is what I like. Nothing is more womanly looking to me than hips and/or hourglass shape.

That is both not true and kind of offensive! Points for not being nasty about it, but the anti-trans message is still there.

EDIT: When taking estrogen, a transwoman will naturally put on weight in the chest, hips, thighs and butt, same as any other woman. What slows the process is that most transwomen already have a naturally low body fat %, so the gains in those areas are slow or minimal. Over time it can certainly add up, especially if she doesn't work out. The breasts are grown though, and not just fat. They're just like any woman's breasts.

I don't they were putting out an anti-trans message, just stating that typically women are the only sex out of the two predisposed to a natural hourglass shape......Don't read into it :)
    Cis-women aren't predisposed to an hourglass shape. It's just one body type that some women have, the majority do not.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

There's always that one person that takes an innocent comment and turns it into being offensive... Always.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Agreeing with this as well. I'm certain that wasn't meant to be anti-trans in any fashion. As an LGBTQIQ Ally, I am confidently saying this. Because there have been people on MFP who have blatantly come out and been negative...:grumble:

That guy was just posting a statement. :flowerforyou:
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

There's always that one person that takes an innocent comment and turns it into being offensive... Always.

I would apologize for being offensive, but I'm still kinda in shock to be honest.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

I would apologize for being offensive, but I'm still kinda in shock to be honest.

There is no apology necessary.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My current SO seems to have a very varied type he's attracted to. First girlfriend 5'4, thin and long red hair, next girlfriend 5'2, close to 200 pounds, short blonde hair (married her for 8 years), and now me 5'11, 150, short dark hair. To him, it's what's inside that matters.

I've had boyfriends that have ranged from 5'9 - 6'5, dark hair/blonde hair, thin/thick body types. My present SO resembles what I'd say is my Type if asked, tall (6'2), dark hair, pale skin, medium build, and has a dorky side. Strong enough to pick me up but not overly muscular.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I find women that are thin / in shape to be attractive. I do not find women with rolls upon rolls to be attractive, if you're over weight, I won't look your way. If you're chubby, you may get a quick glance, but besides that, nothing. If I put work into my body to look good, then only those that appear to be in shape will fall into my "attracted" category.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Of course there are other things that come into play - personality, confidence, style, etc.

But, if we are simply looking at BODY TYPE and NOTHING ELSE.
    There has been studies that have taken this on.
    Look up Martin Tovee from Newcastle University.

He has studied female attractiveness and compared many elements that could determine a female's body attractiveness.
    It turns out that BMI is the highest predictor of female attractiveness (more than waist-to-hip ratio).
    Now, unfortunately, what may upset you, is the actual BMI range that is considered attractive to men.
    It has been shown that the most attractive women tend to be between a BMI of 16-20, peaking at around 18-19. Which means women are "borderline underweight" to be considered peaking their physical attractiveness. Sad isn't it? No wonder we're all messed up in the head. What is considered attractive isn't what is healthy.

Now, the ratings of attractiveness are still good between a BMI of 20-24 but drops down significantly afterwards.
    Other studies have also shown this. Most PlayBoy bunny centerfolds have a BMI of under 19, if I remember correctly, it was something like 18.8 or so.

Look it up - Martin Tovee, he has done all sorts of studies on female attractiveness.
    Martin Tovee's study on optimal attractiveness

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673605792576
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My current SO seems to have a very varied type he's attracted to.

Mine, too. The actresses he lusts over are Jenna Elfman and Salma Hayek and I look nothing like either of them and they don't look like each other. And when he and I first got together, he told me that I had the kind of body men prefer (of course that means HE liked it. lol). He's never complained about my size or shape even when I've gained or lost weight. I don't think he noticed.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I like tall men.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Martin Tovee's study on optimal attractiveness

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673605792576
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    These questions are frustrating.

It doesn't matter if you're thin, curvy, athletic, etc. Someone is going to find you attractive, and someone is going to find you unattractive. It's just the way the world works. Just be the person you want to be, and let those who appreciate you come into your life and those who don't, leave. Most of us aren't models, so it's not a popularity contest. It's about finding people who like you just the way you like you, so be the person you want to be, and let the chips fall where they may.
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In reality, I've found myself attracted to every female body type with the exceptions of unhealthily thin or morbidly obese. I love women, what can I say. I find value in all of them. In my prior life I was a gigolo.

HAHAAH :laugh: BEST QUOTE EVER~~ The last sentence... :love:
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    I have no idea. I think it’s not all type or weight but how I feel about myself that does it or not for certain men.

From experience when I was 138 lbs. I noticed I was still getting attention but from different type of men. It was like all the men who never spoke to me before were finding ways to talk to me? WEIRD right? I also notice when I got back to below 120 lbs. the same men seems to shy away from me and the usual suspects started paying more attention to me again?

The Diffent type men are not so wealthy. (not saying it was the wealth but that was the observation fact)

The usual suspects are wealthy.

Physiologically I GET IT because I am naturally more confident when I am at a weight I like so I am not sure if it was the weight or the vibe change in myself that attracts or turns off certain men.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    why all the rudeness? sheesh people! :grumble: lighten up for f*cks sake!

::LIKE::

She's just curious what ALL these DIFFERENT men have to say. She's not asking them for the reason of getting ONE answer from every guy....
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,937 Member
    Options
    Physiologically I GET IT because I am naturally more confident when I am at a weight I like so I am not sure if it was the weight or the vibe change in myself that attracts or turns off certain men.
    It's the vibe. When you're sending out the right wave-length, it draws us like moths to a flame.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    YEAH TOAST!!!