Options
    What body type do men like?

a. naturally thin
    b. active thin
    c. active med
    d. curvy (not chubby but hips)
    e. lil on the thick side
    f. bigger build

hummm...we'll take "all the above" for $200 Alex!
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Nude.

He has it figured out. :drinker:
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    YEAH TOAST!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nice call on Christina Hendricks. If I could go gay for anyone it would be her ;) LOL
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    That's like choosing a favorite type of ice cream. Why choose one when they all are great?
    Very nice :flowerforyou:

I love this one, love guys that are this open minded!!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Why is it that anytime someone posts "hey guys <insert question here>", the first (or nearly the first) answer is always another lady....and of those....why is that 90% of those say "well....not a guy....but.....<insert lame comment here>"....ever notice that guys don't do that? sure, we will eventually jump in at some point.......but is it just in your nature to have to make a guy question about YOU anyways? \m/
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    One that isn't hung up on what dudes think about her...........
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Someone for everyone. :tongue:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why is it that anytime someone posts "hey guys <insert question here>", the first (or nearly the first) answer is always another lady....and of those....why is that 90% of those say "well....not a guy....but.....<insert lame comment here>"....ever notice that guys don't do that? sure, we will eventually jump in at some point.......but is it just in your nature to have to make a guy question about YOU anyways? \m/

Because the rest of us women find these questions demeaning.

And men don't have periods or give birth, so they can't comment on what that actually feels like, whereas women do have experience regarding what and how many men are attracted to them at various stages of life, size, etc.

I certainly wouldn't comment on a thread asking about how to handle getting an erection every time you see a picture of Tina Turner or whatever.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Of course there are other things that come into play - personality, confidence, style, etc.

But, if we are simply looking at BODY TYPE and NOTHING ELSE.
    There has been studies that have taken this on.
    Look up Martin Tovee from Newcastle University.

He has studied female attractiveness and compared many elements that could determine a female's body attractiveness.
    It turns out that BMI is the highest predictor of female attractiveness (more than waist-to-hip ratio).
    Now, unfortunately, what may upset you, is the actual BMI range that is considered attractive to men.
    It has been shown that the most attractive women tend to be between a BMI of 16-20, peaking at around 18-19. Which means women are "borderline underweight" to be considered peaking their physical attractiveness. Sad isn't it? No wonder we're all messed up in the head. What is considered attractive isn't what is healthy.

Now, the ratings of attractiveness are still good between a BMI of 20-24 but drops down significantly afterwards.
    Other studies have also shown this. Most PlayBoy bunny centerfolds have a BMI of under 19, if I remember correctly, it was something like 18.8 or so.

Look it up - Martin Tovee, he has done all sorts of studies on female attractiveness.
    Martin Tovee's study on optimal attractiveness

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673605792576

BMI is such a bad way to measure body composition. It doesnt take into account how much muscle a person has or how lean they are. Peoples figures, frames and bone structure vary so much that this measurement can essentially remain static when comparing two people that look completely different. A better way to measure composition is bodyfat percentage. That being said, I'm happy with anywhere in the green on this scale.

1ylvk7.jpg

Now this is actual body fat percentage. The one on the left would probably come in low on the BMI scale, suggesting she is underweight. But clearly she is in great shape. She's not skin and bones, nice rounded hips and tummy, and nice muscle tone. Not that the others aren't attractive, just trying to show how two measurements differ.

35klahc.jpg

Now if you ask most men which they like best? Most would probably like the one on the left. The point: the higher the ratio of muscle to fat on your frame, the more useless the BMI measurement is. Yet another reason women should be hitting the weights.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    curvy
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Breathing...

Best. answer. ever.

After being a dancer for 17 years I can totally agree with you on this one.... ha ha ha
  • cestlafete
    cestlafete Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A man can get boobs, grow hair, wear makeup, heals, skirt etc, even take hormones to become more feminine looking.

What he can never do is magically grow hips or become hour glass shaped.....THAT is what I like. Nothing is more womanly looking to me than hips and/or hourglass shape.

That is both not true and kind of offensive! Points for not being nasty about it, but the anti-trans message is still there.

EDIT: When taking estrogen, a transwoman will naturally put on weight in the chest, hips, thighs and butt, same as any other woman. What slows the process is that most transwomen already have a naturally low body fat %, so the gains in those areas are slow or minimal. Over time it can certainly add up, especially if she doesn't work out. The breasts are grown though, and not just fat. They're just like any woman's breasts.

There's always that one person that takes an innocent comment and turns it into being offensive... Always.

I would apologize for being offensive, but I'm still kinda in shock to be honest.

There is no apology necessary.

So wow, I did not mean to come off as that one person and I am actually personally ashamed that I did anything to be labeled as such. I am NEVER that person and I feel amazingly crappy that I was to-day.

I guess it's more that the last thread I was in had references to transwomen as being 'men dressed as women' and definitely had a completely uninformed and underlying anti-trans message to it. Each thread and person is different and I wholeheartedly apologize that I let my last interactions affect these.

That said, it was probably the blatant 'a man can ____' that looked, at the time, as if you were saying that a man could never be like a woman in shape, no matter what he was doing, which implied to me that you felt transwomen could not be 'real women', which I have seen a lot around here.

I'm not this kind of person generally, I guess it was just too early for me to make decent judgement calls on when to say something and when not to. I did not mean to be 'that guy', nor did I mean to thread-hijack, I just felt I needed to clarify what I had perceived as another myth/misinformation. Carry on.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Of course there are other things that come into play - personality, confidence, style, etc.

He has studied female attractiveness and compared many elements that could determine a female's body attractiveness.
    It turns out that BMI is the highest predictor of female attractiveness (more than waist-to-hip ratio).
    Now, unfortunately, what may upset you, is the actual BMI range that is considered attractive to men.
    It has been shown that the most attractive women tend to be between a BMI of 16-20, peaking at around 18-19. Which means women are "borderline underweight" to be considered peaking their physical attractiveness. Sad isn't it? No wonder we're all messed up in the head. What is considered attractive isn't what is healthy.

Now, the ratings of attractiveness are still good between a BMI of 20-24 but drops down significantly afterwards.
    Other studies have also shown this. Most PlayBoy bunny centerfolds have a BMI of under 19, if I remember correctly, it was something like 18.8 or so.

Look it up - Martin Tovee, he has done all sorts of studies on female attractiveness.

BMI is such a bad way to measure body composition. It doesnt take into account how much muscle a person has or how lean they are. Peoples figures, frames and bone structure vary so much that this measurement can essentially remain static when comparing two people that look completely different. A better way to measure composition is bodyfat percentage. That being said, I'm happy with anywhere in the green on this scale.

1ylvk7.jpg

Now this is actual body fat percentage. The one on the left would probably come in low on the BMI scale, suggesting she is underweight. But clearly she is in great shape. She's not skin and bones, nice rounded hips and tummy, and nice muscle tone. Not that the others aren't attractive, just trying to show how two measurements differ.

35klahc.jpg

Now if you ask most men which they like best? Most would probably like the one on the left. The point: the higher the ratio of muscle to fat on your frame, the more useless the BMI measurement is. Yet another reason women should be hitting the weights.

This is funny. My BMI is 29% and I am way smaller than the chick in the right... I am slightly larger in the *kitten* than the one in the middle....I guess it has to do with body shape also.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

1ylvk7.jpg

35klahc.jpg

If you were to look at further studies on BMI, you would know that the body fat/muscle ratio can only significant differ in HIGHER BMI values. This means that for low BMI (under 19), muscle and body fat percentage doesn't vary by much.

So, this being said, you can't say... well, I'm underweight, its because I don't have any muscle, but otherwise, I'm still healthy.
    It only works the other way around, when overweight according to the BMI chart, it could be because you have lots of muscle as opposed to fat. So, when at a low BMI, most of your weight comes from structure (bone) and what is left, muscle and fat, doesn't make a big enough difference.

That being said, it still means that a low BMI would rule over body fat percentage as a predictor of attractiveness, especially in Martin Tovee's study.
  • snowgrrl83
    Options

1ylvk7.jpg

35klahc.jpg

This is funny. My BMI is 29% and I am way smaller than the chick in the right... I am slightly larger in the *kitten* than the one in the middle....I guess it has to do with body shape also.

That's because the girl on the right's 29% is her BODY FAT PERCENTAGE... not her BMI. Those are 2 different values.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    YEAH TOAST!!!

ahhahahahah I LOVE that song!
  • Ninja_Johnny
    Ninja_Johnny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Personally, curvy but fit. Make her a brunette with long hair and green eyes and I'm hers.
    Hey! That's who I married!

I'm a luck guy <struts>.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't like just one body type, it all depends on the girl and how she carries herself. I love Mila Kunis and how her body looks. I love Jessica Alba and how she works hers. Those two having been said I love Kim Kardashian's body (the brain and personality are horrid) and I loved Mariah Carey back in the day. Kate Upton is another natural one I obviously like. I like the fake ones sometimes too, I mean Jenny McCarthy and Carmen Electra? C'mon!

Well, that's about it for my absolutely nonsensical post and look inside my "typical male" brain. Hope I didn't make anyone too dumb by reading this. I award myself no points and may god have mercy on my soul.
  • snowgrrl83
    Options

Well, that's about it for my absolutely nonsensical post and look inside my "typical male" brain. Hope I didn't make anyone too dumb by reading this. I award myself no points and may god have mercy on my soul.
    LOL - at least it was honest :)