bad eating with decent results?

Options
12346»

Replies

• somedaysoon84
    Options
    6 months ago i would have told you i don't eat zuchinni. a year ago i would have told you i don't eat sushi, and i'm not much of a fish eater. i ate JUNK. i loved junk.

still on occassion eat junk. i had a Wendy's JR hamburger and salad yesterday for lunch. did i LOVE eating it? OH YEAH. it also made me feel like a lump the rest of the day.

in the beginning, i ate crap, lots of processed "power bars", white breads, etc, but in small portions because well, i didn't like the other stuff. MY HAIR STARTED FALLING OUT. and standing up too fast made me dizzy like i was gonna puke.

SO, after a few weeks of that, i started here, and started LEARNING how nutrition works, and how it effects your body.

your palate can and will change, if you keep at it. sushi is currently my FAVORTIE food on the whole planet. i love zuchinni, we eat it about 4 nights a week. i love bread, cheese, pasta, chocolate, cakes, cookies.... etc etc etc... but i balance them with fruits and veggies. its all about moderation and balance.

good luck.
  • becwright92
    Options
    I don't eat particularly well either. Since starting here I have just cut my portion sizes and tried to stay within my calorie limit and I have consistently lost.

Good luck :)
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you don't want feedback, don't post things on a PUBLIC forum.

Have to agree with this post. Sorry I gave up junk food in order to lose the weight. I exercise 5 days a week with cardio in zumba and body combat, along with strength training. I find the OP's post kind of appallling and if she is looking for an okay or high five she ain't getting it from me. I lost 12 pounds last month alone by eating better and cutting out the crap. Eating better for me includes lots of vegetables and fruits incorporated into my diet.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    One thing I forgot. If you would like to make an effort to get some more vegetables into your food and are willing to put in a little effort, Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook is pretty good. It's aimed at mom's with picky kids so it's how to make kid food and hide vegetables in it. I've done several of the recipes and even though I know the veggies are in there I still don't notice them in that form (my issue with veggies is usually texture not taste).

I haven't done any in awhile because prepping the veggies for the recipes takes some time and commitment, but it might be worth a shot.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you find exercise routines like 30DS boring then why don't you mix it up a bit? Instead of 10 days straight of each level, do 3 days level 1, 3 days level 2, 3 days level 3, and repeat twice! That way you'll [almost] reach your 10 days at each level but every 3 days you get a bit of variety in your workout.

The *only* thing I'm going to say about the diet part of this post is watch your sodium. sausages are killer for it. You can easily add it to your diary to keep track of. Also track your potassium because the balance of these two substances in the body has an effect on water retention - you should have about 3 times more potassium than sodium to balance properly.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.