where are my nerds?!?!?

Options

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Love Star Wars, Marvel Comics, D&D, Magic the Gathering, DBZ and console/PC gaming.

I've been told I'm losing my nerdiness/geekiness as I spend more time in the gym playing sport though >.<

I started feeling this way too. I restored it by wearing a Flash shirt while running. No word of a lie, more people stared than usual :tongue:
    Like no one's ever met a sports nerd?!
    Latest lycra stuff, latest water bottle............

How about cardio dressed as Aragorn and waving a sword about to dramatic music?
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nerd? Me?

Active member of the SCA
    Aspiring member of the 501st Legion
    Collects Star Wars figures and spaceships
    Gaming addicitons -- WoW, SWTOR, Magic the Gathering, D&D, Rift
    My freshwater fishtank's decor was inspired by the Sunken City of Vash'ijr
    Huge fan of Lord of the Rings
    I own all of RA Salvatore's books of "The Dark Elf Saga"
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Love Star Wars, Marvel Comics, D&D, Magic the Gathering, DBZ and console/PC gaming.

I've been told I'm losing my nerdiness/geekiness as I spend more time in the gym playing sport though >.<

I started feeling this way too. I restored it by wearing a Flash shirt while running. No word of a lie, more people stared than usual :tongue:
    Like no one's ever met a sports nerd?!
    Latest lycra stuff, latest water bottle............

How about cardio dressed as Aragorn and waving a sword about to dramatic music?

Well now that's just a win.... I'm a DC fan though, and I have strongly contemplated jogging in a full Flash outfit next Halloween.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    I'm somewhat of a nerd.. I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Disney, Comics... I can't be the only one! Don't be shy my fellow nerds, add me!

I love all those things mentioned above and then some! Add me!
  • Merc71
    Options
    Nerd? Me?

Active member of the SCA
    I own all of RA Salvatore's books of "The Dark Elf Saga
  • rlmadrid
    Options
    Nerd? Me?

Active member of the SCA
    I own all of RA Salvatore's books of "The Dark Elf Saga"

Pics of the fish tank?
  • Merc71
    Options
    Oh, man....I'm in Afghanistan at the moment....my wifey sent me a 2-hr CD of just my fishtank, my fishies swimming around....wish I could right now.....
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sargent Nerd reporting for duty!

I love both Star Wars and Star Trek for different reasons!

I find myself wishing I had a walking talking Bumble Bee as my friend and transportation!

I sometimes dream of worlds far far away!

On my desk at work there lives Yoda, Dexter Morgan, Darth Vader, and Chris and Peter Griffin.
  • Lsufan22
    Lsufan22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Finally a group to belong too!

Cheers!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    One of the many nicknames my fiance has bestowed upon me is "Nerdly"...and I like it. :)
  • Merc71
    Options
    Oh, man....I'm in Afghanistan at the moment....my wifey sent me a 2-hr CD of just my fishtank, my fishies swimming around....wish I could right now.....
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have a software engineering degree, I used to have a Red Dwarf "Smoke Me A Kipper" t-shirt, I can quote vast tracts of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy and I know this much pi off by heart ... 3.14159265358979323846.

And I thought The Big Bang Theory was a reality show ;)

AND THE WINNER IS....
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Greetings Nerdmigos :)

Let's have a Sudoku party!
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    << Complete and utter nerd. Dont care what anyone thinks, I love fantasy, sci fi, Ive read the enders books like 20 times. Currently writing a Fantasy novel based off the decks my friends and I used to play in magic the gathering lulz.

From video games to Movies to comics I love it all. Total Marvel Universe type dude. Favorite series is The Infinity Guantlet. TOTALLY Psyched for Thanos in the upcoming Avengers movie!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat of a nerd.. I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Disney, Comics... I can't be the only one! Don't be shy my fellow nerds, add me!

AMEN-throw in "Legend of Zelda" and you have me.
  • rlmadrid
    Options

Too bad! It sounds awesome.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Edit: The last Harry Potter film came out on my 18th birthday and I got so excited that I actually forgot. And I cried as soon as the logo came on screen... So that might be a little "nerdy" or at least an over-dramatic fangirl. :blushing:
    No, that's just sad. :laugh:
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Only thing that I haven't gotten into was Dr. Who which my nerd card has been threatened multiple times for not viewing.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Aerospace engineer in structural analysis (went into it because it was challenge, not because I was necessarily good at it), LARPer and belly dancer on hold, former D & D gamer, still have my mini, Firefly rules, married to an engineer, curio shelf full of dragons & wizards, books (were) organized in catergories and sci-fi/fantasy took up one bookcase on their own, read Moby **** in 7th grade because I was told I couldn't, read LOTR several times in high school, introvert/socially inept, clutz, suduko and kenken before it was popular and crosswords in ink. Geek out over many many things. Obviously I could keep going but need to be back to work.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    At work all night, jonesing for Skyrim. Does that count?!

<3 Skyrim....impatiently waiting for PS3 dlc. =(