Replies

• scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a geek...
  • Jaimeroo11
    Jaimeroo11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In my past I wore thick glasses, had a retainer and braces at the same time. I enjoy science, doing experiments. I LOVE the big bang theory. Favorite show. I've seen every episode of Smallville before it was cancelled. And I am obsessed with The Sims 3. I can spend hours on that game! Nerdy enough?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    NERD PARTY!!!

tumblr_m1nedffzrT1qezk6n.gif
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    FIREFLY!!!!!!!!!! <3
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    nerdy geeky gamer here! :D
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    NERD PARTY!!!

:laugh: I think it's time to start a nerd war. Firefly is better than Star ****. There, I said it. Furthermore, I have always preferred the original Battlestar Galactica to the modern one and Star ****.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    In my past I wore thick glasses, had a retainer and braces at the same time. I enjoy science, doing experiments. I LOVE the big bang theory. Favorite show. I've seen every episode of Smallville before it was cancelled. And I am obsessed with The Sims 3. I can spend hours on that game! Nerdy enough?
    OoooOooOOooh thick glasses. So nerdy~
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    NERD PARTY!!!

:laugh: I think it's time to start a nerd war. Firefly is better than Star ****. There, I said it. Furthermore, I have always preferred the original Battlestar Galactica to the modern one and Star ****.

you can burn in hell.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Does designing and teaching a science fiction and horror unit for a literature course, combined with the enjoyment of a lot of stuff already mentioned, count? What about being an English teacher who, when called on to cover a math class, actually taught the math class rather than just baby sat the students while they struggled with the worksheet? If so, then I am nerdy as charged!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    LLaP.gif
  • turquoise3
    Options
    *puts hand up* ...Me!

HUGE Star Trek fan here. I grew up wanting to marry Patrick Stewart, if he offered himself to me now i'd still jump for joy lol. Also had a crush on 7 of 9 in Voyager.

More interests: 1984, a brief history of time, alien, aliens, ancient aliens, bill hicks, blade runner, command & conquer, carl sagan, collapse, collecting, conservation, construction gaming, darkplace, elephants on acid, environmentalism, firefly, frozen planet, gaming, game of thrones, george orwell, graphic design, history channel, horticulture, human mind, introspection, jacque fresco, kingpin, monty python, mother earth, music, mythology, national trust, nature, nostradamus, otters, owls, paisley print, parks, photography, poetry, procrastination, ps, psychology, reading, research, RPGs, rum, sci fi, sega mega drive, self-sufficiency, settlers, sim city, skyrim, sloths, snow globes, sons of anarchy, space, squirrels, star trek, star wars, stars, stephen hawking, strategy gaming, supernatural, tattoos, tea, the big leboski, the blue planet, the devils rejects, the krays, the matrix, the shield, the sopranos, the venus project, trees, tron, tron legacy, true blood, true romance, vincent van gogh, walking dead, walking dead comics, web design, wii, whiskey, writing, x-files, zeitgeist... just to name a few lol.

Just seen the comment above, i'm likely a geek/nerd/hippie hybrid to...

If any of you share my interests feel free to drop me an add!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    NERD PARTY!!!

you can burn in hell.

I guess that would be the modern set of BG with the current actors, then. :tongue:
  • frando
    Options
    I love Firefly, actually most things Whedon I like! I also enjoy Star Wars, Star Trek and Star Gate recently I've been enjoying Grimm. I love Bleach, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Devil May Cry,Naruto and of course, Death Note. I used to kick *kitten* at WoW, but quit after the whole Panda thing, I'm working on LoL (but I'm not there just yet), Assassins Creeds, Fable and Minecraft.

But most importantly I'm going to rock next year as a female Grimmjow! It's my long-term-hotness aim ;D

Short term is turning up all fabulous to my aunts birthday party :3
  • turquoise3
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory is the worst show on television. Tr00 nerds should know this.

Thank you! I cannot watch it it.... All of my non-nerd friends kept telling me I had to check it out and I cannot make it through five minutes.

As for me... 2 degrees in bio, science teacher, still read the complete Harry potter series at least once a year, Love obscure sci-fi, have my classroom decorated a-la think geek.com and have this weird man-crush thing on Neil deGrasse Tyson. (strictly platonic) and Enders game is an addicting read.

Oh, don't forget your towel.

Neil deGrasse Tyson <3
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people call themselves nerd because they enjoy pop culture.

a7fcb2f0845ab5f95cf6f7f29b718d07.jpg

I second the motion.
  • frando
    Options

HUGE Star Trek fan here. I grew up wanting to marry Patrick Stewart, if he offered himself to me now i'd still jump for joy lol. Also had a crush on 7 of 9 in Voyager.

everyone had a crush on 7 of 9!!
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    I live in a tiny one-bedroom apt with my hubby and I have at least 5 computers in there that are in various states of function/assembly. I love to take things apart just to see if I can put them back together again. I have used or tried probably 15 different Linux distros, including building one up from a core install.

I was introduced to The Elder Scrolls by a friend and am now hooked on that and the Fallout series. I also love racing games. And all of the Sims games.

I played Star Wars RPG (the old West End Games D6 version).

I'm not much of a TV watcher but I loved Firefly, have it on DVD and Adventure Time! And also Community.

I could go on and on with geeky stuff, but I'll just end with this: I am the Tech Officer for an Historical Society. I get to build a database and use it to catalog all of our inventory, and I am excited about it!
  • jesuskroeger
    Options
    I don't get why people think The Big Bang Theory is a show for "nerds." I've watched it a good handful of times to get a decent enough grip on what the show is about. The only difference I've really seen between that and any other modern day comedy show is that the characters use a larger vocabulary.
  • turquoise3
    Options

<3 This has made me want to watch through the Voyager box set again just to get my 7 of 9 fix lol.
  • frando
    Options

<3 This has made me want to watch through the Voyager box set again just to get my 7 of 9 fix lol.

is it bad that I was about to go look too? xD