where are my nerds?!?!?

Options

Replies

• LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I'm not sure about you guys, but my nerdiness falls in the vicinity of Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, etc... My previous loves include LOTR, and Harry Potter.

I am also a biochemistry/physiology/nutrition nerd by occupation.
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! i loved the Hermione pic :D

I am definitely a nerd!! dads an accountant so i have been brought up with maths, I did science at uni, TBBT IS a reality documentary of me and my friends, I love reading pretty much anything, but LotR is amazing (book is better than the film, obv!!), I work for a software provider, and defrag my friends laptops for fun - FUN!! I also drink from my fave periodic table cup at work, or my 'challenge accepted' meme cup :)

I also have allergies.... I am a typical nerd. I don't have specs, though, and I have regularly changing hair (shocking pink at the mo) and a shedload of tatts and piercings......

Also had my geek squad over on saturday night and chucked a bit of Serenity on the ol' TV :)
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hmm, after further self evaluation I must lay aside the "nerd" label and pick up that of "geek".
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I hate it when people call themselves nerd because they enjoy pop culture.

a7fcb2f0845ab5f95cf6f7f29b718d07.jpg

There is a fine line between wrong and visionary. Unfortunately you have to be a visionary to see it.
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Nerd reporting for duty :)
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    'Ello miss, nerdy girl checking in :-)
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    <<<Nerd :-)
    Neal Degrass Tyson is my hero.
    Star Wars rules! Eat it, Trekkies!
    Web comics define my life.
    I'd rather read than watch tv.
    If there is a book, I'll read it. If it was good, I'll refuse to see the movie.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love Sci Fi and Fantasy and WoW. Lmao!
  • Alast
    Alast Posts: 33
    Options
    Computer Scientist, boardgamer, watch Star Wars, Star Trek (not Voyager), LotR, Harry Potter, know the answer to the last question about life, the universe and all the rest, even know the question(!!!) and think that Matrix is the only true Matrix movie...

And I know there are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

Do I qualify? :D
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Nerd to the nth degree - biomedical engineer, one of my pastimes is language learning and my job title has the words "metrics" and "strategy", love SciFi, mnemonics, etc.

geek/nerd it's all the same to me.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    And I know there are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

Classic!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I never heard of someone being called a nerd because they read LOtR or harry potter. i call myself a geek. I love all things technological
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Love Star Wars, Marvel Comics, D&D, Magic the Gathering, DBZ and console/PC gaming.

I've been told I'm losing my nerdiness/geekiness as I spend more time in the gym playing sport though >.<
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Love Star Wars, Marvel Comics, D&D, Magic the Gathering, DBZ and console/PC gaming.

I've been told I'm losing my nerdiness/geekiness as I spend more time in the gym playing sport though >.<

Oh no Jayson!
    But let me help restore it. :D
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    whaddup!?
  • charitas32
    Options
    I have a software engineering degree, I used to have a Red Dwarf "Smoke Me A Kipper" t-shirt, I can quote vast tracts of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy and I know this much pi off by heart ... 3.14159265358979323846.

And I thought The Big Bang Theory was a reality show ;)

22/7's is more elegant and easier to use when crochetting hats, did I mention you can crochet a hyperbolic equation and make a coral. Nerd with hook who got very excited that I could download Darwin for free on my kindle. Oh and Holly has to be a boy
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Zomg!

<-- total nerd.

I bought a t-shirt last week with some Jawas carrying away a Dalek for scrap parts.

Then my friend and I discussed the relatively inarguable implausibility of that.

=)
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've been playing tabletob RPGs with my friends since when Dungeons and Dragons came in a red box.
    I love fantasy and sci-fi novels and my favourite film is Blade Runner... I even work in the video games industry XD

I am a nerd and proud to be one ;)
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    42!
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been playing tabletob RPGs with my friends since when Dungeons and Dragons came in a red box.
    I love fantasy and sci-fi novels and my favourite film is Blade Runner... I even work in the video games industry XD

I am a nerd and proud to be one ;)

Old school!

I remember that box. =)