where are my nerds?!?!?

Options

Replies

• thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people call themselves nerd because they enjoy pop culture.

a7fcb2f0845ab5f95cf6f7f29b718d07.jpg

^ THIS
  • bambi2307
    Options
    Excelsior!! :D

I'm into Comics (mainly Marvel), Anime, XBoxer, and a few lil bits in between :)

New found Whovian too. (This was my boyfriends doing) XD
  • 1always1
    Options
    See screen name for HP nerdiness. Present and correct...always.
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread!

I'm a furry, a cosplayer, spend my weekends playing Dungeons and Dragons, love me some anime, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Big Bang Theory.... the list kinda just goes on with me ^^;;;
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    They see me mowin'
    My front lawn
    I know in my heart I'm just too white and nerdy.....

-- Weird Al Yankovick
  • SovanJedi
    SovanJedi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    'sup.
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nerds Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My user name says it all...
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    At work all night, jonesing for Skyrim. Does that count?!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    42!

Teeheeheehee
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    what's up, what's up?
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory is the worst show on television. Tr00 nerds should know this.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I do calculus for fun.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nerd, I'm no way near good enough at maths or science for that.

I AM, however, a geek. A massive one.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite, too. Currently, going back through Farscape episodes. Am reading Oath of Swords (http://www.baen.com/library/0671876422/0671876422.htm). Still enjoy playing Diablo 2.
    The Big Bang Theory is the worst show on television. Tr00 nerds should know this.

Don't you find it vaguely amusing? Apart from Sheldon. I find him irritating. I think it's because he's been over-nerded. I have mixed with the kind of people you meet in BBT and "Sheldon" is too far-fetched.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not sure i am a nerd, probably a nerd hippy hybrid, but
    - Love star trek (was raised on TOS)
    - LARP (LRP for you peeps across the pond) Obsessively
    - Play tabletop (warmachine and necromunda)
    - Have nearly every studio Ghibli film on DVD, and the CD of soundtracks :-)
    - Listen to folk music
    - Was Very pleased when my OH decided to grow a beard and long hair
    - Two of my favourite pics In out house is a painting of Ponyo done by my brother, and a picture i drew of my other halfs old Morris minor as a transformer :-)

Plus all the 'have read LOTR, love firefly and star wars, have a graphic novel obsession' stuff :-)

BUT... I cant, dont, wont play computer games :-S
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite, too. Currently, going back through Farscape episodes. Am reading Oath of Swords (http://www.baen.com/library/0671876422/0671876422.htm). Still enjoy playing Diablo 2.

Don't you find it vaguely amusing? Apart from Sheldon. I find him irritating. I think it's because he's been over-nerded. I have mixed with the kind of people you meet in BBT and "Sheldon" is too far-fetched.
    The characters are pretty accurate of the 'nerd' stereotype, but the show itself is so dire. I was made to watch through an episode and didn't laugh once. YouTube TBBT without the laughter track, ;)
  • geminitwin1979
    Options
    Yep i am a proud nerd!!

Love my sc-fi, anything alien wise and i get over excited. I get more excited than my kids over comic books and even read them to them in awesome voices ..which they hate !!
    Get nostalgic over my old commodore 64!
    I spend a lot of time contemplating how things work..like recently traffic lights and then research it until i could write a dissertation on the subject! hmmmmm!!
    If i could dress as a tv, film or comic book character everyday and not ruin my childrens lives i soooooo would !!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

The characters are pretty accurate of the 'nerd' stereotype, but the show itself is so dire. I was made to watch through an episode and didn't laugh once. YouTube TBBT without the laughter track, ;)

The other characters are fine. ;)

I think I know what you mean but these days it takes something like Not Going Out to really give me belly laughs.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options

Thank you! I cannot watch it it.... All of my non-nerd friends kept telling me I had to check it out and I cannot make it through five minutes.

As for me... 2 degrees in bio, science teacher, still read the complete Harry potter series at least once a year, Love obscure sci-fi, have my classroom decorated a-la think geek.com and have this weird man-crush thing on Neil deGrasse Tyson. (strictly platonic) and Enders game is an addicting read.

Oh, don't forget your towel.