Any Popsters out there (Blogilates/Pop Pilates)?

Options

Replies

• lrysvbaby22
    lrysvbaby22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just came across Blogilates with Cassey Ho. And i love it. I would also enjoy a little group thing.
  • leen311
    leen311 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love Blogilates!!!! I like the food baby workout.
  • jentaimes
    Options
    I just signed up for the 28 day beginner challenge--Two days in and I'm feeling stronger and more energized!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yes! I started it as a workout I could do at home when I didn't feel like going to the gym. Thought it would be easy but it's no joke!

I just started doing the beginner's calendar (it's a little on the easy side but whatever) and following the 90 day diet plan. I am really liking it. It's cheap and simple and I just started a few days ago and 4ish lbs just fell right off even though it's the same number of calories I was previously eating. I figured I needed to get in the habit of eating less bread and more veggies and it's great for that. I've been very satisfied on it and it's pretty quick and easy to make the stuff. I have lots of energy and feel really good. I don't expect to follow it perfectly but it's a great start. I don't miss bread and cheese and stuff like that nearly as much as I thought I would.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    im doing her streching videos after almost every workout i make, now im doin t25 and after it her streching worokouts. when i feel like it i do some of her songs workouts...and really like it :)
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Blogilates and am wanting to ease into it with the beginners calendar. I can see the videos she suggests for each day but do we also add in a warmup and cooldown? If so, what do you recommend?
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump - to remind me to look this up :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Blogilates and am wanting to ease into it with the beginners calendar. I can see the videos she suggests for each day but do we also add in a warmup and cooldown? If so, what do you recommend?

She has some videos specifically for warmup/cooldown, but personally I don't bother... each video usually starts with a little warmup. Most don't get your heart rate up all that much so I don't really think a cooldown is necessary aside from some stretching. But maybe go for a little walk before/after or do some jumping jacks to warm up?

I'm excited for December to start. I've been doing the beginner calendar for most of this month and am excited to get on board with everybody else. One thing I'm confused about though is I kind of thought cardio would be added in more but the novemburn calendar doesn't say anything about it so I wonder how much is recommended on top of the workouts : /
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's a group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7697-pop-pilates

Not all that active, but seems to have some good info.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy working out with Cassey! I've been using my Pilates machine at home lately, but I'm going to switch things up and use her more next month. Although I have to turn down the volume and use my own music, her moves are very effective if you stay consistent IMO.

This week I have tried some of the newer workouts and I'm putting together my own 30 minute (appx) circuit consisting of an ab/core day, leg day, chest & back day. I'm planning on using each one twice per week for next month with a rest day.
  • amunro
    amunro Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just found this group and I do Pop Pilates, too! I used to be a lot more into it when I was just beginning to lose weight, and kind of stopped, and now want to get back into it to tone up and help me lose my last 20 pounds or so! :)
    I just did the Call Me Maybe Squat Challenge.... I hate it, but I love it :P
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I used to do them a lot but I've got out of it a bit. I'm aiming to start doing one a day again though. I love that they're targeted so you can work on different areas, or do an allover one. My favourite is probably the Call Me Maybe Squat Challenge (try doing it all plie to really kill your inner thighs!) or one of the arms ones where she's outside and just talks about cows the whole time. It always makes me laugh.

I think a group would be a really good idea!
    yes! the squat challenge!
  • HanaNikki
    Options
    I've been following Cassey since 2012 I think and she's always been a great motivation. I don't do her videos every day, but come back to them every once in a while. I've just started using MFP again and would love to get in touch with other POPsters, so feel free to add me :)
  • sallysueandyou
    Options
    Hey guys! In case anybody still wonders, Cassey suggests logging her exercises under "calisthenics". Here's the direct quote:

How many calories do I burn when doing your workouts?
    I advise going to sites such as Weighttraining.com, MyFitnessPal.com, LoseIt.com, or MyNetDiary.com to track your calorie burn. Enter your age, gender, intensity level, and type of activity exercised. You can choose “calisthenics” or “advanced Pilates” for POP Pilates and “circuit” for any HIIT videos. You can equate my cardio videos to “aerobics”. The reason why I cannot give you exact calorie counts is because everyone is different and will burn calories differently.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    anyone starting April abs today?
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm a popster too! :)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've been a Popster for a while. :D
    Applause arms has to got to be my favourite! :) Excited for the new April workout calendar! :)
  • nushie89
    nushie89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a wannabe popster :) I just did my first POP Pilates workout today (beginner's total body POP Pilates workout) since I'm totally new to pilates. We'll see how sore I am in the morning! I really want to do AprilAbs but I think it might be too advanced for a newbie. What do you guys think? Might just start out with the beginners workout calendar until I get the hang of it!! Good luck to all the popsters doing AprilAbs!!
  • larahpee
    larahpee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing April Abs, as well!
  • Sunnydale14
    Options
    ME! I just started her beginner's workout programme, although I'm only doing it a couple of times a week around my other training (I'm a roller derby skater and I'm cross-training to build up different skills and muscle groups as well as skating). I love her videos. I have an old back injury and her workouts always make me feel nice and stretched out and loose on bad back days.