Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Why did I delete you? Because your status updates are annoying and I f***ing hate your face!

:tongue:

(Saw that somewhere...think it was someecards.com or yourecards.com. It made me LOL)

This is awesome!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I usually get deleted for posting off topic things like drinking my calories, or just for being an *kitten*. But... every once and a while I delete inactive people, my wife just got accidentally deleted :ohwell:
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    Does it have to have a reason ??? Its not like ur deleting ur best friend or anything .....As long as ur not rude to anyone, i fail to see whats the big deal , but i avoid talking with my neighbours or some bloke down the street so....
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Oh also... people who post in the "Tell me Im pretty thread"

Post TOM threads

People who post "Does sex count as exercise"

Or any other dumb thread.

do threads about 'which dumbbell is for the right and left hand' count?

Nope, thats is a new never been posted thread.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My list got way too big, I couldn't keep up. Many people never talked to me so eventually I deleted them.
    I also delete after a long period of inactivity.

Exactly. Also when people go off on others -- criticizing their spouses, etc. This is a Health and Fitness site. Not Divorce Court.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    because youre a duesch
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just one reason: over 1 month of no activity. I go through my list about once a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This for me, as well. I grow quiet sometimes myself and know everyone has their reasons for that. Sometimes I come on here log me food and head off because I'm super busy and need to get things done. Or if I'm logging from my phone, I tend to be quiet because it can be a pain to reply and take forever to load.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Why did I delete you? Because your status updates are annoying and I f***ing hate your face!

:tongue:

(Saw that somewhere...think it was someecards.com or yourecards.com. It made me LOL)

priceless
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I just got done delete friend who don't log in, though i would delete them is they were rude or disrespectful.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ppl with long inactiviy spans.... I guess I'm kinda mean I usually only give them about 10 days before I delete.. but if I know they are going through something I wont... but I'm here everyday and want to have friends like that too! :happy:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I delete them if there is no activity for 2-3 weeks or more, anyone who promotes anorexia/bulimia or any other unhealthy habits, fad dieters, cleansers, anyone who consistently stays under goal (like 800-1000 cals) unless they are someone with an ED who is really trying to become healthy and mean people. I don't like racist people/homophobes/man-woman bashers.

I am here to offer support to people who are ready to make the change to a healthy lifestyle and to receive support myself.
    If any of you need a friend, feel free to add me and let me know why you want to be my friend in a message please. Just know that I'll be blunt with you, so don't add me if you don't want to hear it. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    no communication!!!
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I delete people who delete other people for any reason. Or people who talk about why they delete people. I also delete for migraines, too chatty, head-lice, constipation, yellow teeth, irritable bowel syndrome, excessive flatulence, urinary track infections, lack of toe nail cutting, women who shave their hoo-hee and those with casualness towards general hygiene. I've also deleted for being members of Al Qaeda, Hamas or other terrorist organizations or people who just like to blow *kitten* up for no reason. I've deleted and will delete anyone too political, too religious, too opinionated, too sensual, too sexual, too apathetic, someone who is easily over-excited, too encouraging, too discouraging, too whiny, too quiet, too general and too explicit. Also bad grammar, GONE! If you've ever deleted anyone for bad grammar, you're gone too. If you don't eat donuts, gone. If you've ever deleted someone else for eating a donut, GONE! I will delete anyone who uses the words: journey or process in regards to weight loss. Finally and most importantly, I will delete you for lacking a sense of humor......oh.....and DON'T show me your bewbs, I will delete you for that.

I was good until you mentioned Al-Qaeda. Guess this is goodbye! :(

I'm going to make a special dispensation, JUST for you.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
    3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.

Your list about covers it. Yep.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If they haven't logged on in a month or 2
    If they're annoying

that's basically it =/
  • doogie52
    doogie52 Posts: 53
    Options
    Not enough to delete...:laugh:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would LIKE more friends to even be able to really answer this question, but I know I was deleted one time by a geezer after I defending myself to his constant questioning of every single thing I logged. The day I went to delete him, he was already gone. Awesome.

I'm thinking about deleting some of the recent friends I've made because I have made a serious effort to show my support and comment on their posts, whether it be someone in need of encouragement, a good work out, having an awesome diary, etc. I haven't gotten one single comment. I also weighed in today and lost 1lb since last week. So far, nada...maybe I'm expecting too much?

Sooo...if you would like to support me and want my support, feel free to add...
  • pacagirl
    Options
    I usually get deleted for posting off topic things like drinking my calories, or just for being an *kitten*. But... every once and a while I delete inactive people, my wife just got accidentally deleted :ohwell:

LOL!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Inactive for over a month, unless I know you IRL or you're on vacation or something. But typically, after one month of not logging into the site, it's been 2-3 months since they logged anything... no posts, no blogs, no food or exercise.

I would delete for a creeper, but I haven't had any yet. Either that, or my creeping threshhold is high.

People selling MLM crap.