Deleting Friends

Options
123457»

Replies

• cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have only deleted 2... One because of constant cussing in posts... I can take some but every other word in every long post? And the other... well I do not care for dishonesty....
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't like deleting friends, but my criteria for doing so would be that they haven't logged in for a long period of time. I always try to give a person the benefit of the doubt and I know changing your lifestyle can be very hard but if it becomes obvious that the effort just isn't there - then I have to focus on the friends who are giving their all.

I haven't had issues with bashing or creeping or profanity - and the comments I've received and given I feel are always with the best intentions at heart. I know that not every one of my friends can respond to every single thing I do every day - and I hope they understand the same for me. I do try to comment as much as possible to show I'm interested in their progress.

I do, however, periodically check my friend list and sort by last login. If I click on someone and it comes up that they deactivated their account - that's a delete for me.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine a reason..........though now Im thinking about it.....MAYBE Id delete ya if

you were extremely rude or offensive to me or to another (especially a friend)
    maybe for not logging / logging in to the site regularly
    continued nasty snarky attitude
    bragging / boasting / scamming / encouraging an eating disorder (under or over eating, binging (is that spelled right?)

Im pretty easy to get along with so I cant see me purposely deleting anyone. I have an incredible sense of humor and usually work with it. Id sooner make you laugh than get ticked off

ETA: I will delete in a heartbeat for being dishonest / lying
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I haven't really deleted anyone, but if I were to delete someone it would be because of:

-not communicating with me at all. I don't care if ppl don't comment very often, but no communication is no bueno.
    -making offensive posts/comments, of course this would be subjective. I don't offend easily, but if someone posted something that really bothered me I would delete them.

That's about it... I know a lot of people delete due to inactivity, but that doesn't really bother me. If they aren't posting then they aren't really clogging up my feed, and if they come back then I want them to know that they still have friends. To each his or her own though. Delete as you see fit! :wink:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I delete people who are inactive.

I delete people who never talk to me.

I delete people who eat 800 calories and try to burn the same amount and wonder why i tell them to EAT.

and my favorite:

If i want to THROAT PUNCH you for everything that you post and beat my head against a wall when you open your mouth I will delete you.

OH, and if you dont like racy pics, bye.
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i usually delete if they wont show me their bewbs..
    ^^sooooo this means you're about to delete me huh??

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    who in their right mind would do that?
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I delete people who delete other people for any reason. Or people who talk about why they delete people. I also delete for migraines, too chatty, head-lice, constipation, yellow teeth, irritable bowel syndrome, excessive flatulence, urinary track infections, lack of toe nail cutting, women who shave their hoo-hee and those with casualness towards general hygiene. I've also deleted for being members of Al Qaeda, Hamas or other terrorist organizations or people who just like to blow *kitten* up for no reason. I've deleted and will delete anyone too political, too religious, too opinionated, too sensual, too sexual, too apathetic, someone who is easily over-excited, too encouraging, too discouraging, too whiny, too quiet, too general and too explicit. Also bad grammar, GONE! If you've ever deleted anyone for bad grammar, you're gone too. If you don't eat donuts, gone. If you've ever deleted someone else for eating a donut, GONE! I will delete anyone who uses the words: journey or process in regards to weight loss. Finally and most importantly, I will delete you for lacking a sense of humor......oh.....and DON'T show me your bewbs, I will delete you for that.

ROTFL...ohhhh I'm so glad we're friends!!!!
    Geez ... I would get deleted at least a hundreds times over
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    at one point I never deleted anybody for a long period of time...recently i've changed that...3 months and over...I mean c'mon...I know things come up but thats a long time to be gone...another and probably the biggest is lack of interaction...why even have somebody on your list if you don't comment at all...anything else really is minor to me so its not much to ask for saying that's what this site is for...I will go out of my way to comment...support..encourage and motivate because thats what I do
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Mostly for non communication, I don't expect people to comment on everything I do, but some is necessary. I get random friend requests from women and they are either friend collectors or placating their ego. I give them a week, I comment and encourage (no pm's, I am not trying to get with anybody here) and if there is no return communication they get dropped fast.
  • audtod
    audtod Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    now that made me giggle:)