Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My Mom used to say "That is going to ruin your appetite"...and to turn that phrase on its ear and look at it in a positive light is great!

-DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EMOTIONAL EGGS IN ONE BASKET...(that one speaks to me, because it makes me spread my thoughts, emotions over the all of my life, not just concentrating on single issues ie; weight loss)
    -LOSING WEIGHT IS A MIND GAME: CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR BODY.
    -INSTEAD OF ELIMINATING FOOD, ELIMINATE THE ESCAPE.

Had a great time in the garden yesterday...I have a picture of what I picked from it in my photos.

Last night was Fried rice night, and I made my own meal kind of. I took 3 ozs of my teriyaki chicken before I cooked it and added it to the fried rice for husband and son. Then I drizzled honey, a bit of teriyaki sauce, water, and spices (I love using ceyanne pepper) and put my cut up fresh spinach, and my 1/2 cup of rice on top and steamed it all.

Healthy body me
    strong me
    easy to laugh me
    unquenchable spirit me
    adventurous me
    confident me
    Life grabbing me
    happy me
    me...

(something I want to calligraphy on something)
    Wish me luck tomorrow is weigh in at my TOPS meeting...uugh Becca
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to skip personals tonight, but I did want to say welcome back to tracy (tlh) and welcome to the couple of new folks I've yet to address personally.

For those of you getting the horrendous rains and flooding, I hope you stay safe and the sky stops crying soon.

Here in chicago we've had some intermittent showers, but nothing too severe. The forecast for Nashville also shows scattered showers, but mostly in the evenings so perhaps we will still get some pool time.

AFM-- I started packing for Nashville--I'm terrible about overpacking, so I'm trying to be reasonable. Shoes are my downfall. :blush: I already checked, and there's a Walgreens a block from our hotel so I'm not going to pack much in the way of liquids (going carry-on only). My roommate and I already agreed to buy travel sizes of sunscreen, hairspray, etc. when we arrive and just share it. Between the two of us, we will probably use it all up and not have anything to pack for the way home either.

I'm currently wavering about whether or not to bring workout clothes. The clothes don't take up much room, but I have no other need for running shoes and am stingy about sacrificing my limited luggage space for runners. I don't imagine having a lot of time to hit the fitness center since we're only there for 2 full days, so unless there's tons of extra room in my bag...

Tuesday Goals:
    Finished the JRPs--woohoo!! I need to finish the Hemingway analyses tomorrow. I will take a little bit of grading along for the plane ride. I especially need something to do at the airport on Sunday. My friends fly out a couple of hours before me, but I plan to cab it to the airport with them. That means about 2 hours by myself waiting for my flight--perfect time to power through some of the journals and quote analyses. With any luck, I will return from vacation with zero grading on my plate.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 3/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein 1/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 runs
    Week 3: 1/3 runs
    Week 4: 1/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/60 JRPs DONE
    2. 8/60 Hemingway analyses
    3. x/30 Senior finals
    4. x/60 Quote analyses
    5. x/60 Poem journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--meeting
    Thurs--leaving for Nashville
    Fri--Nashville
    Sat--Nashville

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @Karen~I over-pack too, a friend of mine always teases me about the amount of shoes I bring—always asks me if I wear them all. Um, yes! :lol: I think it’s always a good idea to have runners along though—how about wearing them on the plane? That’s what I do; there is always a ton of walking at the airport (running sometimes to get to a gate, if you’re late like me :flushed:). I rarely make it to the fitness center on the ship but usually walk 1-2 miles on the promenade deck after b’fast, so they come in handy—we actually end up walking a lot in port too, maybe not so much in Nashville?

@ushkii~I use the allrecipes and skinnytaste sites for a lot of my recipes.

@lth0407 (Tracy)~Good to see you posting again. I didn’t realize your sister’s wedding had come and gone already, I’m glad the weather turned nice for it (although rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck :wink:). Where in CO are you traveling? I’ll be in Durango July 4th weekend.

@Tom~National blueberry cheesecake day? Yum—I :heart: blueberries!

@Kaye~When it rains in pours. I hope the abscess clears up so your dental work can wait until after your anniversary party, glad to hear DH improving.

AFM~Not much to report. More storms last night, I think another tornado touched down southwest of me yesterday. I’m beginning to sound like a broken record with this crazy weather. :frowning: Yesterday was a busy day and had running around to do after work, so no workout. Meeting friend at gym today for cardio since riding our bikes is out—the park we ride in is flooded. :confounded: Oh and if I haven't mentioned it, I :love: my new car! :smiley:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @Kaye…I’m so sorry that you aren’t feeling well, but I’m glad your husband is feeling a big better. When is your anniversary celebration again?

@Annr…I have a teenage son that is going to “starve” if he has to wait for supper. Last night, at 5:30 he poured himself a bowl of cereal (what I would call a serving bowl). When I told him it would ruin his appetite, he just smiled and laughed at me. He did then also eat a full serving of supper at 6:15. Teenage boys!!

@Karen...thanks for the welcome back. Hopefully I’ll stick around longer this time. Since you are only going to be in Nashville two full days, I’d pass on the running shoes. My guess is that you are going to walk enough that will provide your exercise.

@Kelley…We have a cabin in Breckenridge from July 18-25. We will be making some day trips from there…Colorado Springs, Denver, Glenwood Springs. Just starting the planning for it because of everything else that has been going on. Normally, I would have a plan in place by this time.

AFM…We visited my friend in SD over the weekend and her kids are all done with school. We have two more weeks and my kids weren’t real happy about it but I did remind them that last fall, while they were in school, they were still hanging out at the pools.

I felt like I was swimming yesterday…120 oz of water (probably a record for me unless on vacation). My sister and I were at the gym from 7:10 – 9:00. I got time on the treadmill and bike and then finished with 6 flights of steps on the stairmaster. Gosh I hate that machine, but the goal is 7 tonight. I met my calorie goal.

Today, again, just focusing on the basics…90 oz of water and meeting my calorie goal.

Tuesday: Gym (cardio or lifting) - DONE
    Wednesday: Gym (opposite of Tuesday)
    Thursday: Gym (family fitness with Emma)
    Friday: Work on Cakes
    Saturday: Water Aerobics
    Sunday: Rest
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Senior Health and Fitness Day!

National Senior Health and Fitness Day!

If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire—then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy. Learn to separate the inconveniences from the real problems. You will live longer. ~Sigmund Wollman

11857432.png

Tom
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @Morgori - Technically speaking I won't be a senior for another month. But I am fitter than I have been in 25 years.
    Love the quote - I do need reminding.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407 oooh you have a grazer too? My son is in a parmesan toast kick, and has toast with butter and parmesan cheese on it...(I can tell because he leaves crumbs on the coffee table)....then has cereal, and a huge glass of instant breakfast. But he does take his vitamin so that is something. He is going to be a tall lean kid, and if something shouldn't be eaten (his Dad picked out those cookies) ...then I label it. Sometimes he reads labels...lol
  • snbrown1214
    snbrown1214 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello seeing today is Tuesday and I'm a newbie I'm almost at my first goal of 50 pounds.....I'm at 41 and counting....over all I want to lost 141......
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I have been away for awhile. I have been logging into My Fitness Pal but I have not been on the discussion boards or been staying 100% on track. I am back though and ready to do this! :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I had decided against bringing my runners, but now that I'm all packed, my arch on my left foot is twinging a bit. I may need to rethink that decision and wear my runners to work and on the airplane. That means switching outfits as the one I had planned will not work with gymshoes. Fortunately, I still have some room in my suitcase, so I think it's manageable.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 3/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein 1/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 runs
    Week 3: 1/3 runs
    Week 4: 1/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/60 JRPs DONE
    2. 30/60 Hemingway analyses
    3. x/30 Senior finals
    4. x/60 Quote analyses
    5. x/60 Poem journals

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--meeting + walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--leaving for Nashville
    Fri--Nashville
    Sat--Nashville

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in since it is getting late. I am not sure where the week went. Last week, I was down and resting with strep throat. This weekend I did go for a couple of bike rides and a walk but spent most of it resting. Now that the work week has started, I am back to being busy.

Robin- Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day and enjoy your vacation.

Kaye Glad your DH is doing better and I hope the teeth behave until after your anniversary party.

karen L, Tracy and a few others that I have missed- Welcome back it is great to hear from you again, you have been missed.

Skinny- Have a great vacation.

Lori- Kayaking, I usually I am sitting on my butt not on my knees. Look for a sit in Kayak if you are interested.

I am still deciding on my birthday plan at this point, but will keep you posted. My birthday is June 6.

I will check in tomorrow when I hopefully have more time for personals.

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in since it is getting late. I am not sure where the week went. Last week, I was down and resting with strep throat. This weekend I did go for a couple of bike rides and a walk but spent most of it resting. Now that the work week has started, I am back to being busy.

Robin- Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day and enjoy your vacation.

Kaye Glad your DH is doing better and I hope the teeth behave until after your anniversary party.

karen L, Tracy and a few others that I have missed- Welcome back it is great to hear from you again, you have been missed.

Skinny- Have a great vacation.

Lori- Kayaking, I usually I am sitting on my butt not on my knees. Look for a sit in Kayak if you are interested.

I am still deciding on my birthday plan at this point, but will keep you posted. My birthday is June 6.

I will check in tomorrow when I hopefully have more time for personals.

• lbpena119
    lbpena119 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    @lbpena119 I have an inspirational quote for you. "NO ONE CAN GO BACK AND MAKE A BRAND NEW START,HOWEVER ANYONE CAN START FROM NOW AND MAKE A BRAND NEW ENDING. I have a ways to go, about 85 lbs to go, but what I am realizing is that its not the number, or a weight that I am striving to get to, but to a place....a mindset....a freedom of inner-stress...that I am searching for. So my journey starts every time I put my two feet on the carpet in the morning. Your worse critic is your self, so be your best supporter, and stop with negative feelings. Welcome to this wonderful group...I have piles of negative here and there, just step over....

Lovely quote Annr. I'll try and keep that in mind if I stay on the regressing path.
    I've had zero illusions that this would be easy, but I do tend to be greatly disappointed and regretful when I can't seem to get it together.
    One day, one pound, one breath at a time I guess.
  • lbpena119
    lbpena119 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Happy belated Birthday @Robin
    For those weathering the storm in the south... Stay safe and hope all is well with you and yours.
    Almost forgot... Wednesday Wish Day
    I wish I could imagine my perfect body, and then mold myself into it.
    Strong, lean, enduring, beautiful, perfect (not that such a thing exists). A body that could eat anything and still retain the shape I imagine.
    I could change it to fit my mood or the occasion ( you know... In case I had to dead-lift 200 lbs or something I could turn into She Hulk )
    Maybe I could imagine wings and fly. Or change my hair or eye color.
    That would be amazing lol
    Be well All
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and gentlemen, sorry I've not posted in a while, truth is I have been busy motivating and helping people on my friends list and on the main forums. I've enjoyed every second of it. Its nice to be able to help others on their journey to a healthier, fitter them. We all need some support at one time or another. Still haven't reached my goal of 77kg or 169lbs this month. I'm at 78kg or 171lbs now with only 3 days to go. I introduced carbs maybe a bit too quickly for my damaged stomach to handle. Might cut them down again and see if that helps. Added a 30 minute walk to my workout. So doing 40 mins workout 6 days a week and walking 7 days a week.
    Great to hear everyone is doing better. For those who got bad news, its just a stumbling block in the road, you will get through if because you are stronger than the stumbling block. Life is a journey full of ups and downs, good and bad. We just got to learn how to see ups in the time of downs and good in the time of bad.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Amnesty International Day
    Date When Celebrated: Always on May 28th
    Amnesty International Day recognizes the need to protect human rights around the world. The Amnesty International organization strives to accomplish these goals by providing awareness and recognition of the issues. They work to publicize local and regional problems, and to arouse citizens, governments and politicians to action.
    Celebrate Amnesty International Day by:
    • Learning more about human rights issues
    • Becoming active in human rights causes
    • Writing your politician on human rights issues
    • Making a donation

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. ~Janet Lane

11857432.png

Tom
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Went to a favorite dining location in northern Utah, Maddox Ranch House. The rolls there are so soft, sweet, tasty, and they have some raspberry butter that is to die for. Oh man, it was SO good. You can all be very proud of me as I only had one and one cornbread finger. That was really really good for me, usually having 5 or more easily and the corn bread!
    I am still loving my split pea soup for lunch, it is getting better with a little age as the flavors mix. I add a little hot sauce to give it a kick.
    I am again trying hard to work on the speed I am eating. I was the last one finished last night and it made me very satisficed and full at the end of the meal. I am trying to drink my water and ordering water when I go out. I really think this helps me keep from going over.

I want to walk but am so scare as the last couple time I seemed to pull my muscle, my calf is about a half inch larger then the other side and it feels a little tight, still some swelling going on for some reason. I did get an US to check for a clot but it came out clean it is just hanging on and keeping me down.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sorry I have been missing so long. MFP did strange things like make my computer scream at me so I sort of got afraid of it. Just tried again and nothing strange happened. The virus scanner must have cleaned it up. I NEED to get back to this. I have not gone back and read the nearly 300 post I have missed, but see some of the regulars I "know" are still here.

I sorry to say I back tracked while I was absent. I gained almost 10#, have not exercised and only occasionally monitored my calories. That is testament to this really does work; BUT one must work the plan in order for the plan to work. ....so once again I am going to start. I have reset my weight to accurately record where I really am at the moment. Once again I have a number of pounds before I will be back on my "ticker". UGH!

My son's wedding is in September, so I have a few weeks to at least lose a few pounds. I will have to think about what the goal for that is to be. I would love to be really thin, but that won't happen that fast, so I will be satisfied with thinNER.

Thanks for listening.

Barb (mountmary84)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Woo-Pee-Ya-Yay ... I'm so glad @mountmary84 is back! Missed you!! Really Barb, Thursday Truth be told ... I have been right here, and I still also have gained that same 10# that you did. Like you, I'm getting back on track again. For me, I want to make a trip to Missouri to visit my son and his family in late August and don't want to have to ask the flight attendants for a seat-belt extender!

AFM ... got the biopsy report back, finally, and I'm ok ... yay on that. Still in the process of undergoing memory evaluations ... I have a brain MRI scheduled for mid-June and a repeat sleep-study for next week. The first test was blood-work and it came back that I was depleted in Vitamin D and my Vitamin B12 was in the range where seniors experience mental cognition and memory issues ... so those 2 things might be what was wrong all along. Hopefully.

Went to the dentist today to have a small bridge repaired. Hope it doesn't have further issues because the alternatives to it are so very expensive.

Now ... my items of interest today don't seem fitness related, do they? But they are in that without my bridge I cannot eat very well and end up having to rely on really soft food ... which to me is spelled P-A-S-T-A and 0-a-t-m-e-a-l ... and all the chocolate that can melt in my mouth (lol). As for the other thing ... hmmm, can't recall.

Have a good upcoming Friday and week-end everyone. Hope everyone's weather behaves. Catch you all later.

Remember Niki .... follow-through.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks Niki. I have to admit the "new start" was not especially auspicious. I need to be serious about this ALL day, not just the first half of the day. The cupboard is bare and I need to start over at the grocery...that should help.