Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all - wet but still well in TX. Went to 6 month checkup with my radiologist, & pointed out a lump I've noticed in my right upper chest muscle. He thinks it's probably scar tissue but just in case we've scheduled another mammogram and a ultrasound to be sure. The cancer last year was in my left breast, the lump was so small I never did feel it even after they showed me exactly where it was. This one is large enough to feel easily, and I just don't want to take any chances. However, until I know different, I'm going to believe it's not cancer. No sense worrying about it until the results are back. My appointment is next Friday June 5th, I'll keep you all posted.
    Thursday truth (better late than never) - 0 loss for 2 weeks, but also 0 gain. Need to crack down on my fats- calories are fine but went over on fat % (30% goal) 5 weeks out of the last 6, and slacked off on exercise the last 2 weeks too.
    Friday fitness - providing we don't get washed away (as I type, it's pouring out AGAIN), I will work out at the gym tomorrow at lunch, AND walk or do stairs on both my breaks. Goals for June - 45 minutes of workouts at least 4 X week. 64 oz water daily, at or below 30% fat daily, and 1.5 lb loss per week.
    My birthday is July 31st, my goal is 50 lb loss by that date. That's 24 lbs in 9 weeks - might not make it but I will do my darndest to hit it. If I do, I will treat myself to something really nice, like a spa day or something.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Today in Democracy Day in Nigeria and marks the beginning of a new President and government. I just hope and pray that the change they promise happens because the common people are angry and want change. Is democracy really in Nigeria? Lots of people would say no because the ruling is not for the people - its to line the pockets of the rich, its maybe by the people and it is of the people. I don't know myself what to think but I do hope that the poor, needy and downtrodden are looked after by this President because that so called Good luck Jonathan brought nothing but bad luck to the people. Book Haram haven't done anything since it was announced that Jonathan was not being re-elected. Its only Day 1 so I'm waiting to see what is going to happen.
    I'm praying for peace in Nigeria and new life for the country that has suffered so much in the last 4 years.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Heat Awareness Day!
    Heat Awareness Day!

There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out. ~Lou Reed

11857432.png

Tom
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I've been up north having a great time swimming everyday In an outdoor heated pool last night something exciting happened while we were all sitting around the fire outside and a moose walked past us usually they don't come out of the woods into the open like that so it was quite exciting to see one
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am down 1.6 lbs. this week! It would be great to see a larger number but I guess this is the way to do it, it did not all pile on in one week. It is between the recommended 1-2 lbs. a week so that is good. I think the weekday routine is helping me a lot. Oatmeal in the morning and soup for lunch that leaves me sitting good for dinner and if it is a good dinner I come in under a good number. This is usually taken up on the bad days or the weekend day I over indulge.
    I need to work on taking in my water again I see it is not always getting to 8 cups and I think that really helps as well. At the least it is making me get up and wonder to the bathroom. lol
    Made a big breakfast today and copied the wife's entry, that is so cool. lol My son made tortilla and I had to have my breakfast burrito so with them it was so good. Now I got to drink my way through the day and have a little soup when I get hungry or it becomes 1PMish. I hope to go out to a Rodeo tonight and do some people watching. I hope I do not run into some deep fried goodies there.

11842472.png
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've been up north having a great time swimming everyday In an outdoor heated pool last night something exciting happened while we were all sitting around the fire outside and a moose walked past us usually they don't come out of the woods into the open like that so it was quite exciting to see one

Was there a squire with an aviator cap following him Or maybe a short Russian man darkly dress accompanied by a tall female accomplices?
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Husband and I were out on the trails this morning at 9am...met some TOPS friends and walked for an hr. Everyone did really well. My husband did his own walk, and let me walk with my friends. One is getting over ankle surgery, so we walked at a slow pace. Slow enough for chatting which was nice. Hopefully I can get a walk in this weekend and go a bit quicker. I didn't want to exit from the pack this morning, that would have been rude. There were 4 of us, so it was a long enough walk that I got my legs warm and exercised.
    My plan for the upcoming week:

Saturday morn: tidy apt, organize pantry make list for Sunday.
    Sunday: long walk in the grocery store
    Monday: Morning walk with TOPS pals
    Tues: 30 min lap swimming/ tend garden
    Wednes: weigh-in at TOPS walking afterward with husband
    Thurs: 30 lap swimming/ tend garden
    friday: Morning walk with TOPS pals

I am still using ceyanne pepper & tumeric in 80% of what I am eating. The upside is that I am drinking my 2 liters of water no problem..haha go figure...
    Enjoy the day all :-) Becca

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    @ushkii - Slowing down while eating is one of my demons as well. Something I think I will always struggle with. Congrats on the 17 pounds. You are doing great!

@Melwillbehealthy - OMG a moose! I have only ever seen one in a zoo and they are huge.

@jorinya - I hope all goes well with the new government. Your before and after pics are really good. You are doing so very well.

@GOINSTD12 - The fats worked out better for me when I changed up my macros and went for more protein than carbs. Less stuff that needs fat to taste good.

@NK1112 and @grandmakaye44 - Good luck with the dental problems. I have had so much dental work done because I grind my teeth in my sleep. It is never easy to deal with and always expensive.

@mountmary84 - You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. You can do this!

@kah68 - I hope you and all your loved ones are safe and dry.

@tlh0407 - Yea on the water. Keep it up and it will do you well.

@lbpena119 - one of my favorite motivational phrases is "Don't wish for it, work for it!". Keep working at this and you will have a superhero body.

@snbrown1214 @jennbo83 Welcome, post often so we get to know you.

AFM: My first triathlon is Sunday. Tummy is rolling and the demons in my head are talking non stop. I only skipped one training workout this month. So I should do well. I have my race plan ready.

Work has been challenging this week. The compressor broke today and I had to come home and take the one out of our garage. Customers are coming out of the wood work. Which is good for the bottom line but now we have to do the work. I have not seen a summer like this since before the downturn.

I have been making a concious effort to remain calm despite what is going on around me. It has made a big difference. Every day this week has had something go wrong, I cannot control that but I can control how I react. I know this sounds so simple. But I had not been practicing this. Yesterday and today I did and it does make me feel so much better about my life.

Thanks to all for listening.
    You are all such remarkable people and I am so very gratefull to be a part of this group.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Aargh! Late night binge eating 800 calories after a pretty decent day! Haven't done this in awhile, Laying in bed kicking myself!
  • snbrown1214
    snbrown1214 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey all sonja here I need to loose 140 total and I have jus about 99 to go I have 100 when I joined the group I went from 311 to 269 and I want to be 170
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good Morning, sorry I've been MIA--its been kind of a hard, stressful week.

Its currently storming (I lost power about 4am, its back now though), the amount of rain and floods we have received in May here has been unreal. Roads are closed, people are stranded, homes have been flooded/lost--there were 3 house fires in my neighborhood Thursday night from lightening, luckily no injuries. Its the wettest May on record for north central Texas. In the last 30-days, it has stormed 28 of those and over 50 tornadoes have touched down. Luckily, today's thunderstorms should be the last of it--nothing but sunshine is forecast for the next week. I hope my park dries out and they can reopen it so I can get out on my bike next week.

@cblue315 (Lori)~Good luck with your tri tomorrow, you're ready so know you'll do great!

@Mel~How cool, I hope to see a moose on my trip to Alaska in August (we didn't see one last time :frowning:)

@ushkii~LOL at your Rocky & Bullwinkle reference! :lol:

AFM~Its just been a hard week. I had my annual review at work on Thursday, did not get as much of a raise I was expecting which was really disappointing--especially because salaries were frozen in 2014. Also, saw a new doctor for my Achilles on Thursday--he put me back in a boot for four weeks. :cry: We'll go from there, but foresee surgery to repair it in the fall. :frowning: Other than that and the storms not much else happening. I'm hoping for a quiet weekend--maybe a nap later since the thunderstorms woke me at 4am today. With the rain and storms ending today I hope I can get my new car washed tomorrow (I bet car washes will be packed though)! :wink:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just wanted to give a quick hello from Nashville. We are having a good time, and though there have been scattered showers, overall weather has been good. I will post some pics once I get home--no idea how to it from my iPad.

@lori-- good luck tomorrow! I know you will do great.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 Don't beat yourself up about it, everyone does the latenight snack sometime or another. I have been using the quick calories option, putting 200 calories in the snack section, just for those times. I have yet to use them but if I do, and eat something late at night, there is not as much guilt involved. I planned for it. Otherwise I am just banking those 200. Like having a hidden $10 in your purse. You don't have to spend it, but it is nice to know its there :-)
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately yesterday and today I have gone to the hospital. I'm on 7 lots of medication treating an infection in my large intestine. How it happened I don't know but it did. I'm in a great deal of pain but just ignoring it mostly because if I give it control then I will not be able to get out of bed. I refuse to let this stop me losing weight. Well I've little or no appetite anyway so hopefully the weight will drop. Doctors recommended to cut out carbs until my stomach heals so back on chicken, tuna prawns, chickpeas and tons of veggies. Not complaining because I love my veggies. My success for today is after crying for a few minutes out of frustration and annoyance, I picked myself up and had a little walk around my room for 30mins. Did a little praise session too because in times of trouble its best to run to the rock. I'm smiling even though I'm in pain. Back to the doctors on Wednesday for a scan on my abdomen.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello folks!
    Today was race day. Air temp was 43 at the starting gun. Water temp was 65 yesterday before it rained most of the night. I had to backstroke most of the swim so I could breathe, asthma had kicked in. The ride was 20 MPH wind and small hills most of the course. My run was my slowest 5K time. My goals were to finish and not be last in my age class. I did both. AND I HAD A GREAT DAY!

Sunday Share -
    Hello, my name is Lori. As you can see from above I can now say I am a triathlete. It has been a journey that has taken 3 1/2 years. Starting weight was 297, current weight 181, goal weight 145 - 150.
    Thanks to the support from many, including this thread I have had great success. It has been a great deal of work. Some of it hard, some easier. But all of it was worth it.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Lori- Congrats on your completing your tri. You did a wonderful job and Congratulations on becoming a tri-athlete, that is a great accomplishment. Very proud of you. <3:)

Kelley- I hope the rain does stop and everything can dry out.

Barb- Welcome Back it is great to hear from you again.

Welcome to all the new people. This was another busy weekend for me but at least I did get a little extra rest. Yesterday, I swam in the morning then went to meet friends and ended up walking into a park so about 1/2 mile maybe longer to meet up with them. I was hoping to walk with them for the walk but they were finishing up about the time I was done swimming. After brunch, I went to visit my dad then came home and took a nap. I guess my body is still in recovery mode. The nap was good since I had a party last night with some old friends. It was great to see people I have not seen in 4-8 years. Today, was a nice bike ride that was partially in the shade and sun. It was hot and humid here today.

I think for my birthday, I am going Kayaking then out to dinner or have a picnic. I just need to decide if I want to invite people back to my house for a party or just go out to eat. Going out to eat will reduce the risk of storms in the evening currently in the 7 day forecast.

This week, should be calm but I will see.
    Monday- Trainer
    Tuesday- gym or rest
    Wednesday- gym or swim
    Thursday- rest
    Friday- Climb
    Saturday- swim and kayaking
    Sunday- bike

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: I am Tracy. I just turned 42 and live in Bismarck, ND with my husband and two children. I work in the life insurance industry doing quality improvement. When I moved to Bismarck 3 years ago, I went from working as a supervisor of a department of 42 folks to working from home with almost no interaction on a weekly basis. I hate it but it’s one of those things that right now I can’t afford to change careers. I love what I do, but I definitely miss the personal interaction. I did get a new boss that seems to get that and hopefully things will start to change.

I have been on and off with MFP for 2 years now and have been as far as 35 pounds lost but let it almost all slide. Right now I am 10 pounds lighter than my heaviest and hope to keep it going. I’ve also gone from pretty active on this thread to totally absent. I am back and hope to stay that way as well, because we have a great group of people here. Hello to all the “oldies” and welcome to all the “newbies.” I can’t want to get caught back up with you or get to know you.

@Laurie…glad you are feeling better. End of the school year for you, so busy, busy.
    @Ushkii…you are so right…the slower I go, the better I am able to recognize when I’m truly full instead of just continuing to eat and then afterwards feel super full. Great loss!
    @Mel…My husband’s favorite animal is the moose. When we were in Alaska for 9 days, we saw one…from a bus….cruising by.
    @Lori… Glad business is up. UGH on the wind today but great job on accomplishing your goals. You are an inspiration!
    @Kelley (and all others with too much rain, too many storms)…glad you are safe and hope that sunshine comes and the winds blow to dry things out. Mother Nature huh? Sorry to hear about your boot and potential surgery.
    @Karen…hope Nashville was everything you wished it would be.
    @jorinya…sorry you are in so much pain. I hope they can figure it out and give you some release.

AFM…I had migraines on Thursday and Friday. I haven’t had those since I was in my second trimester with Jacob. Started feeling better on Saturday but still slept over 13 hours last night ~ must have still needed it. Today I feel much better. Went shopping with my daughter and while I spent quite a bit of money, I think my kids are set for summer and I got my sister’s baby shower gifts too.

This week is the last week of school so lots of activities happening. Most that I don’t have to be at or do anything for, but lots of things to remember – sunscreen for field day, tennis shoes for park day, etc etc.

Monday: Water Aerobics
    Tuesday: Cardio
    Wednesday: Water Aerobics
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Carnival with kids
    Saturday: Cardio
    Sunday: Rest

Well, I don’t have all my water in, so I better go get a refill and work on that. Then it’s back to work for me…when I miss two days, I got to do some work on my weekend. Here's to a great week for all of us!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    @cblue315 - congrats on completing your tri and for meeting your goals for it.
    Good day today, got my gate fixed, & got exercise in while doing it. Night all.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @cblue315~Congrats on completing your first tri, way to go!

@Laurie~I think kayaking and spending a night out with friends sounds like a great way to spend your birthday!

AFM~Not much to report. It was gorgeous yesterday (and should be all week), rode my bike to the park--it was a muddy mess, so not much hope in riding there until the city gets it cleaned up. :frowning: Meeting my friend/workout buddy at the gym this afternoon for cardio, I may swim tomorrow for something different and to take some pressure off this persistent Achilles problem.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    cblue: Lori, congrats on doing the race. With the wind and chill yesterday I think it is remarkable. Job well done!