Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @claywalton - My BIL has plantar fasciitis pretty bad and it kills him to walk. He was fitted for new shoes but the thing that helped him the most for walking was KT Tape. He swears by it. He can barely walk a mile without it and if he tries, he ends up with a swollen flareup. He has found biking to be easier on his foot. He can do 20 miles on his bike without any problems. But walking? He has to use that tape. Obviously, this is what works for him but thought I would pass it along. (Sorry, just checking this group out but saw your post and thought the tape might help.)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We enjoyed a day out for our anniversary. I had my favorite meal at Red Lobster, but no guilt. We also visited the World Center for Birds of Prey. It was a special day.
    Yesterday the kids did a great job of scrubbing walls and kitchen cabinets. Also painted the office. Tomorrow they will be back to paint the doors and trim, mow the lawn, and shampoo the carpet. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I'm kind of tired tonight anyway. I'm still not used to being the driver and it is tiring.
    Loved Tom's quote for today.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • pmary665
    pmary665 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, is this open to new folks for this thread? I was 393 lbs then was down to 317 doing Atkins with no exercise, but was on a plateau so long I was discouraged and quit logging foods. Went to the doctor a couple months back and had gained. I was back up to 334. I started back logging and am down to a fluctuating 328-326. I started walking last week while at a teacher conference and am no longer sore, but still am not losing any more weight. Mary
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Today was my last day of school until August 19th. That's not really true b/c I have several dates already scheduled for planning and training, but for the most part, I'm off for the summer. It was a nice day. My colleagues gave me a thank you card for all of my work bargaining with some gift cards. It's nice to be appreciated. I also did a bunch of cleaning of old files. Still have lots to do over the summer.

Tomorrow is our annual faculty Cubs trip, so that should be fun.

Thursday Truth:
    I've been really sad all week about my friend who got married last weekend. I just keep looking at all of the pictures everyone is posting of the wedding and can't help but think about the awful cards she's been dealt. Trying to see the bright side--she's happy with her new husband and has the love and support of so many friends and family. However, it's bittersweet knowing her prognosis is so grim. She's not been given an "expiration date" by any doctors, but we all know it's a matter of just a few years at best. :cry:

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 6/25

Exercise = run 10 x minimum this month including at least one 8k.
    Week 1: x/2 runs
    Week 2: 1/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + GYM DONE!!
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym or run outside

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    pmary665 wrote: »
    Hi, is this open to new folks for this thread? I was 393 lbs then was down to 317 doing Atkins with no exercise, but was on a plateau so long I was discouraged and quit logging foods. Went to the doctor a couple months back and had gained. I was back up to 334. I started back logging and am down to a fluctuating 328-326. I started walking last week while at a teacher conference and am no longer sore, but still am not losing any more weight. Mary

Welcome ... this is an open thread, so please come back and post.

@skinny-K ... it's great that school is finally coming to an end for this year and you can have some time away from all that grading of papers you do so much of during the year. It IS very sad about your friend. She has stopped to smell the roses and is making the very most of her life right now. It's hard for you, hugs!

@Morgori ... I read somewhere today that Friday is peanut butter cookie day and my first thought was of you and if you would be writing about that... and the second thought was of how much I love peanut butter cookies! So I made a big saucepan of stovetop popcorn and hope to dream about the cookies tonight.

AFM - Thursday Truth ... I've been having a hankering for pizza for weeks now. My plan was to go ahead and order a small vegetariam one for dinner tonight. But then, I needed to look at something on the side of my thigh and could only locate my magnifying hand-held mirror so I used that. Pretty soon I was exploring all sorts of nooks and crannies from the bottom of my feet to the top of my forehead. I much prefer what I see as an overall effect of all the parts of me as one image in a mirror that's a couple of feet away to what I spied today. Yet, it was a good thing in the end that I did that body gaxing because I decided not to get the pizza after all. Mayve I need to take a closer look more often> LOL.

Niki here - trying to just follow-through.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~Hooray for the end of the school year and no grading! :smiley: Do you have any trips planned this summer? I am sad about your friend, too--she is so young. I’m happy that she has found the love of her life, had a beautiful wedding, and is surrounded by family and friends that love and support her.

@Laurie~I’m lucky that my left leg is the one with the boot on it, so no issues driving. I hope the talk goes well with your mom and she is receptive to accepting someone to help with your dad.

@Niki~I have a hankering for pizza now and then, sometimes I plan for a slice at my favorite local pizza place or I make my own. When I make my own its healthier by using the Italian Seasoned Flat-Out bread, basil/oregano seasoned tomato paste (instead of pizza sauce), then my favorite toppings (cheese, veggies, sometimes uncured pepperoni) and sprinkle with basil and oregano—really low cal and curbs that craving. Oooh, I may make that for dinner tonight! :wink:

@pmary665~Welcome and congrats on the progress you’ve made so far.

@Kaye~Happy Anniversary!

@Tom~I liked yesterday’s quote as well. I’ve always felt we make our own happiness.

AFM~Even though I’m not very active right now because of my injury, the scale was down this morning. Depending on how my foot/leg feels this weekend, I may try swimming a couple of days next week—at this point though I don’t want to do anything to aggravate it. It would be nice if I wasn’t in a boot/cast when I travel to my sister’s and especially on my cruise (exactly two months away). Not sure what this weekend brings yet--maybe some shopping, I need some cute dressy capris. I've been wanting a burger lately, so may hit up a friend to go to one of my favorite places that makes a really good bison burger (healthier than beef and more flavor than turkey).
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @Kelley, thanks for that pizza recipe idea. The only ingredient not in my pantry or fridge right now is the Italian Seasoned Flat-Out Bread. Gonna have to look at the supermarket for that and add it to my breads.

@Kaye ... nice profile pic of you and hubby at your wedding. Isn't it amazing how fast the years have passed!

@Laurie - sometimes the hardest thing is to make your loved ones realize that they can no longer take care of their partner or parent when the health issues get to a certain point for them or themselves. Hope you can make your mom understand what is best for both your parents at this time.

AFM - Friday Fitness ... I need to exercise something more than my fingers on the keys or mouse today. And with that said, Strawberry the cat has just crawled up into my arms for me to hold ... she's already walked all over the keyboard!

Havea great weekend everyone and I hope we all have success making healthy plans and working those plans.
    Follow-through
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Anniversary Kaye!

Amy wanted to go drop some stuff off at her friends which just so happens to be right near the Soul Food Café. I ended up over but it was real good. I got smothered steak and she got smothered chicken. I got to eat the rest of her smothered chicken and boy is that good. Fried chicken smothered in gravy wow. We will have to limit ourselves going there because it is just too good and high calorie.

Happy National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!
    National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

Sweet dreams NK1112 :)

11857432.png

Tom
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Anniversary Kaye!

Amy wanted to go drop some stuff off at her friends which just so happens to be right near the Soul Food Café. I ended up over but it was real good. I got smothered steak and she got smothered chicken. I got to eat the rest of her smothered chicken and boy is that good. Fried chicken smothered in gravy wow. We will have to limit ourselves going there because it is just too good and high calorie.

Happy National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!
    National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

Sweet dreams NK1112 :)

11857432.png

Tom
  • pmary665
    pmary665 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome. I have been walking a minimum of 5000 steps per day since starting to walk on purpose on June 2 and doing between 20 and 30 minutes of intense walking. Usually when I start, I have a little pain from a heel spur and arthritis, but as I get going it pretty much stops. Yesterday though, I had some back pain after the first 10 minutes and stopped for a couple of minutes for that to ease up and then continued. It seemed to happen every 10 minutes. I used to have it all of the time when standing for a couple of minutes, but as the weight started coming off, the back pain went away.

I enjoy listening to music while walking as I keep the pace with the beat. I made a playlist using my amazon prime account and list to Overcomer and Good Morning by Mandisa, Expect the Great by Jonathan Nelson, In the Middle by Isaac Carree, Hosanna by Kirk Franklin and There's Nobody Else Like him by Luther Barnes. They all have just the right speed and rhythm for me.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness:
    Well today I walked with my TOPS friends. What a great conversation we had! My 16 yr old got up early so he could jog TO the church where we start...THEN jog back home. He hates waiting for us to get ready....lol Plus I think he just wants to get it overwith. I am proud that he is listening to us and not whining about doing this. His body will thank him :-)
    Afterwards on the way home I saw a garage sale near our complex, so I walked over to it. I stopped at the garden and clipped off 5 large spinach leaves to take as bartering tools. Nothing I saw spoke to me, so I gave the spinach to a neighbor that started a community garden plot next to ours. Share the wealth is my motto!
    This weekend we were going to visit a nudist resort that is on the way to Portland. We have a family gathering on Sunday to spread my Father-in-laws ashes near Mt Hood. We decided to put off the resort visit until next month when our medical check comes in.... My husband was surprised that I was turning down the visit. I told him, I was just thinking realistically, and financially it will make the end of this month really LEAN if we do both. I would've liked to have gone, as least for my birthday present. (yes just GIVE me a reason to be nude hahahaha). Birthday present, birthday suit....there is a method to my madness..hahaha.
    Oh this morning I am 2 lbs down from my weight from the TOPS meeting. That is just crazy but I will take it. I am in the lower 240's and I have been soooo long in the 250's that mentally it takes awhile to adjust. Soon I will say, I am in the 230's then 220's....sighes...I get impatient can you tell?
    Have a glorious day y'all
    Becca by the beach that is a nudist...(we are all nudists under our clothes don't ya know!)
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back with a new name (now married) new car and in NY state for the summer. I gained a little but not much considering a cruise, two moves and mega changes in my life. Just joined curves and pretty much following a good eating plan. Logging and exercise should get me on track. R route to Philly for dh,s granddaughters graduation then back to northern NY tomorrow

Best wishes for success for the weekend
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A week or two ago I had said I was back. But I wasn't really. I didn't log calories. Was just doing what I wanted but in moderation. Not exercising and not reading the message boards. I recently reached my first 100lb victory and now in the last two weeks I have gained 3 lbs! I am no longer down 100. I feel devastated and angry with myself for not staying on track. It's only 3 lbs but that 100 lb marker as so important to me and I feel like I threw it away. Today I started tracking again. I have it on my calendar to do meal planning, shopping and prepping this weekend. I planned out my entire weekend so I can't use the excuse of not having time. I am taking back control!
    One concern is that I go on vacation next week for a BBQ and Brews festival. I'm concerned about calories, but I think as long as I am logging I will be in a much better position then I am now. I am ready to hit the reset button and do this!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello All,
    I finally have a little time to catch up.
    @claywalton - The C25K program is a great one. I did it earlier this year and it took about 16 weeks to finally run a 5K. Like Karen said, modify if you need to. The thing that helped me the most was just to slow down. When I stopped trying to run too fast I could finally do a mile. Getting properly fitted for shoes is very important. Take your time. I was at the shoe store for about 1 1/2 hours getting my first pair.

@queendebor - When I first started exercising all I could do was walk in the water. Added swimming then walking. Take it easy to avoid injury.

@Annr - You have such great ideas for the TOPS KOPS meetings. I might have stayed there if you had been at my meeting.

@Tanya949 - Last fall I was having trouble with my back and found out it was a weakness in my left hip. The chiro and my trainer came up with a hip mobility routine and I am still doing it several times a week. I have not had problems since. Good luck with yours.

@pmary665 - Welcome, this is a great place to find support.

@jennbo83 - When I first started here I logged everything. The good, bad and the ugly. It helped me so very much. Another was to make a list of things I was willing to do, things I was not willing to do and things I may try later. Seeing it in black and white helped me to find resolve.

AFM - Life is been all over the place this week.
    I am having my best month ever at the store. I hit my usual monthly sales already early in the week.
    My sister is still causing me some anxiety. I am working on a strategy with my counselor to deal with that.
    I have a customer who is being very demanding. But the job is huge so I am putting up with it.

My oldest is now done with his training for work so things are good on that sector. He starts drug and alcohol treatment next week. I am ready for this. I know it is not easy. This treatment center gets the family involved, and I am very happy about that.

Youngest has not found a summer job. The only place he has ever worked is for me so I think that actually works against him. He is a good worker but he needs to get experience with another boss.

I am having great sessions with my counselor, this has been a great deal of work but so very worth it. This week has been mostly concentrating on my marriage. Difficult to look at my contributions to the lack of communication and general failure to thrive.

Fitness is going well. Now that I am not concentrating on race prep I am enjoying it more. The trainer has me doing line sprints in the basketball court at the end of every session. I haven't done those since high school. Really challenging. I would like to shave 6 seconds off by Thursday. I hit a new low on the scale this week and that was really gratifying. I am less than 2 pounds away from being out of the obese BMI. Hoping to get that before my birthday at the end of the month.

I am so looking forward to having an entire weekend off work. There are so many things I want to do that I don't know what to do. You all know what I mean I am sure.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

Aim high, what's the worst that could happen?
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Weeelll, I had a really long post all ready to go replying to so many of you, then I went to the next page of the posts and lost it all, darn it! I will try to re-create it.
    @Tanya949 - buy a small loaf of bread, re-pack in 4-6 slices, wrap in 2 layers of saran or other plastic wrap, then place in baggies and freeze. When you're ready to use the bread, let it defrost on the counter, take out the slices you need, and re-wrap in a paper towel or cloth, put it back in the baggie, and put it in the fridge. That way you don't waste the bread, AND you aren't tempted to over-eat because who wants to eat frozen bread?
    @merekins - thanks for the tip about the KT tape, whatever that is - I'll look into it for my DH who has problems with his feet.
    @grandmakaye44 - congrats on your anniversary, it sounded like a fun day, and I love the photo.
    @pmary665 -welcome. You can bookmark this thread by clicking on the star right above the magnifying glass. Then when you go to the community forum page, look for the bell, star, and sun on the top right of the page. Click on the bell and you will see if someone mentions you in a post, click on the star and it will show you the link back to this thread and how many new posts. We are a great bunch of supportive people and would love for you to join us. I also love those artists, and work out to their music as well. Mandisa is amazing, isn't she?
    @skinnyjeanzbound - I know you're sad for your friend, but don't worry about how much time she has left. Worrying is God's province, and makes you miserable, and adds not a day to your life or hers. Enjoy the time you have left with her, make your time together count. Let her know how much you love her. That's all you can do, and if you focus on the good things, and the good times, and making the most of the time, then it makes it a little easier. My DH has a ticking clock too, but I am trying to make the best of what time we have left.
    @NK1112 - MMMM, peanut butter cookies! Have you ever tried African Peanut Soup? There's a coffee shop here called Austin Java that serves it, and it is SOOOO good!
    @Annr - Hey, me too, I don't know if I would be brave enough to go to a nudist colony, but the clothes come off the minute I get home! TMI?
    @KJEFFRIES2 - welcome back, sounds like you've been busy busy!
    @jennbo83 - today is a new day, you sound like you're on the right track.

Friday Fitness - today I didn't get to the gym, but I did walk and do stairs, so not too bad. I did the math tonight, and if I stay on track and lose 1.5/wk like I have been, I am on track to be down 40 lbs by my birthday at the end of July, which would put me in the 190's, WOOT WOOT! DH is doing better, but not ready to come home yet. I hope to get a lot done this weekend though, cleaning up the place and making it more wheelchair friendly. We'll see. Y'all have a great weekend, stay sweaty and active my friends!
    Tracy
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am having a really good day. Sometimes I just love doing the whole housewife thing. I took the dogs for a nice long walk this morning while it was still cool out and then went and ran some errands. When I got home I picked up the house and cleaned up the kitchen. Did a couple of loads of laundry and started on a yummy dinner for my DH. I made some of his favorites. We are going to bbq burgers and then homemade macaroni salad, creamy fruit salad, deviled eggs, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. He is helping my dad all day so I sent him a text not to make a piggy of himself cause there was lots of good stuff at home. I also am making some smores rice kripsy squares for my nephews birthday party tomorrow. Now time to go shower and make myself pretty and then the laundry will be ready to fold and put away.

@kaye Happy anniversary to you and your Dh. What an awesome example of love and commitment you two are for your family.
    @Karen: I am sorry you are grieving about your friends prognosis. It is so hard when there is nothing we can do. Just cherish the time you have left together and make as many happy memories as possible to hold onto.
    @tom dangitt now I want peanut butter cookies lol

Well to all my wonderful friends on here I hope you have an amazing happy day. Remember life is best when we live it and enjoy it with those we love. Don't just sit back watching and let it pass you by. These were my words of "wisdom" for my dd the other night and thought I would share here as well.
  • otter_kat
    otter_kat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Room for one more? Librarian, mom, redhead, fast food eater, 5'2" 280lbs.

In the past 4 yrs. I've had 2 kids, pregnant fairly close together, so gains with each kid, but no loss in between. These two were my 2nd and 3rd children. After having my first who is 13 now, it took 2 yrs. to lose that and lots of money on group weight loss challenges at the gym, personal training and eating basically chicken breasts, wok veggies and salsa. I don't have the money or time to spend like I did with just one. Looking to focus more on simple clean foods and kick the fast food habit.

Also have hypothyroidism that developed sometime in the last 6 yrs. Meds aren't leveled, but working on it.

Started with Jillian Michaels app, as I love her but found this one to be more comprehensive for food logging. For years I used myfooddiary.com

Anyone know any groups that I might be able to relate to?

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    It has been another busy weekend so far. The good side is that I have been so busy that there has been little time for snacking. Tomorrow will more of the same. I have a picnic during the afternoon and a bike ride planned for the morning. I just need to make sure that I am back in time to get ready for the picnic.

Kaye_ Happy Anniversary. Glad you had a great day.
    JT- Please send me the recipe for the smores rice krispsy squares. They sound great.

Tom- Glad you enjoyed the dinner tonight.
    Karen- Congrats on being finished for the year. My last day is this coming Friday. I can't wait to be done.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

The Cubs trip yesterday was a lot of fun. I ended up sleeping away much of today, but I think my body definitely needed the extra rest. Rain was in the forecast, but it held off long enough for me to walk gunner and mow the front lawn. Turned into a much more productive day than I expected.

Thank you for all of the words of comfort and wisdom regarding my friend with terminal cancer. It means a lot to have such a supportive group here. You guys always make me feel better.

Friday Fitness:
    Now that school is out, I need to get back to the gym on a more regular basis, so that's my immediate goal. Long term, I want to continue to work on my running pace and endurance. I would also like to get back to lifting, but have to wait for my ortho appointment on Thursday to see what plans he has for my shoulder.

Saturday Success:
    I haven't been doing a good job logging food, but weight has stayed within my normal 5-pound range. The fact that I've been really lax with my food choices and logging, but have not gained any weight suggests that I'm still eating within calorie allowance. I feel it's a success that eating in that range is coming naturally.

Now that, I know how to maintain this weight, it's time to get back to losing. I've hovered in the mid-180s for about 2 years now, and I'm determined to change that. My goal for the summer is to get down into the 170s once and for all.

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 6/25

Exercise = run 10 x minimum this month including at least one 8k.
    Week 1: x/2 runs
    Week 2: 1/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + GYM DONE!!
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside MOWED LAWN INSTEAD

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I am starting slow today but I am up and moving and will walk the dogs in just a bit. Then I have to make a side dish for the bday bbq for my nephew. We are going to try something new called summer corn cous cous so we will see. My hubby enjoyed his dinner and hen promptly feell asleep on the couch lol. Guess he will have his desert tonight. Otherwise not sure what I am going to do today. Might get some work ion the yard done or I might just be lazy :)

@Laurie The rice krispy treats were really easy and yes yummy cause I might have tried some when I was cutting them. You make them like the recipie on the box but then spread them out thin on a sheet pan. After they have set you spread a layer of marshmallow fluff and then a layer of chocolate. I used the hershyes chocolate spread in the peanut butter isle. then you roll into a log and pop in the fridge once they are all set you just cut into slices and serve. I keep mine in the fridge cause they are less messy to eat that way. Not at all good for you really but a nice treat for the kiddos and when I want something like this I just make it work :)