Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @RobinsEgg (Ellen) ~I’m sorry for your medical setback, but glad to see you are back and doing better. We do miss you when you aren’t around. :heart:

@Laurie~ In general, I think the way guys treat women comes from how they were raised and how their father’s treated their mother’s (i.e. holding doors open, complimenting them, etc.) Did you enjoy your date yesterday? If so, I say go out with him again--have fun! A few years ago a young co-worker was spending time with a guy that she didn't see as "the one," but they had fun together--just no chemistry. I said just be friends for now, enjoy the company, because you never know what it could lead to--they eventually fell in love and got engaged last year. You just never know what a friendship could turn in to.

@Melwillbehealthy ~Don't beat yourself up too much over a day like that, we all have them. Glad yesterday was better. :smile:

@reboot1818 ~You've had great success so far with your weight loss, great job! :star:

@Tom ~I know a lot of people that need to listen to that Chinese Proverb!

@tootsanderson ~I have seen products similar to the SCiO that you describe, some just scan the food and others have a probe—supposedly it gives you exact nutrition info. Interesting.

Welcome to the newlings.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Toots- I will have to look into the SCiO, sounds great but I need more info. I may have to save up $249.00 for May when it is supposed to be ready. :)

SCiO

Happy Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day!
    by Ellen Dolgen
    If you haven’t made a resolution yet to keep your weight in check, there’s still time! Jan. 19-25 is Healthy Weight Week, celebrating healthy lifestyles for life. This annual celebration is a time for everyone to be active, eat well and feel good.
    Menopausal women may be more cognizant of their weight than other age groups. Our reduced metabolism is tipping the scales — and not in our favor! Women don’t have a monopoly on this; middle-aged men also suffer from the shrinking-pants syndrome.
    Expanding middles are more than about appearances. They are about your health, and can put you at greater risk for heart disease, diabetes and other conditions.
    Francie Berg, MS, is chair of Healthy Weight Week. She is a licensed nutritionist and adjunct professor at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine. In 1986 she created the Healthy Weight Network, which sponsors Healthy Weight Week.
    As national coordinator of the Task Force on Weight Loss Abuse for the National Council Against Health Fraud, she maintains an extensive collection of questionable products and bizarre gadgets that Americans use in their battle of the bulge.
    Tuesday of Healthy Weight Week marks Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day. That’s when the Slim Chance Awards are given for the worst diet products of the year. Last year, the Cotton Ball Diet (I’m not kidding!) was dubbed Most Outrageous Diet. On this plan, dieters dip cotton balls in juice and ingest them. The objective is to feel full without actually consuming real food. Risks include a blockage in the digestive system, which could necessitate surgery.
    The Tongue Patch Diet won the award for Worst Gimmick. This reversible procedure fits a plastic mesh patch to the patient’s tongue. The result? Chewing is extremely painful, thus limiting the dieter to only liquid.
    While these awards may be rather tongue in cheek (pun intended), the concept of Healthy Weight Week is a serious one. The Healthy Weight Network links research and practical application. Berg said the network is committed to compiling scientific information from many sources and reporting controversial issues in a clear, objective manner. The network is also committed to exposing deception, reshaping detrimental social attitudes and promoting health at any size.
    Following are a few of the things to beware of when evaluating a diet program:
    • a large, fast weight loss
    • getting rid of “cellulite”
    • fewer than 1000 calories per day
    • requiring special foods be purchased
    • failing to state risks or recommend a medical exam
    • demanding large advance payments or long-term contracts
    • offering a money-back guarantee
    Berg has been a guest on national television, including Oprah, Leeza and Inside Edition. Her books on weight and eating include Women Afraid to Eat, Children and Teens Afraid to Eat and Underage and Overweight: Our Childhood Obesity Crisis—What Every Family Needs to Know.
    If you really want to lose weight (and not just money), stick with the tried-and-true method: diet and exercise. Otherwise, you could negatively impact your health. Go with your gut, and use common sense.

”In later times wise men were never wanting who endeavoured to restore among their contemporaries primitive habits and ways of living, to bring mankind back to the observance of those simple and rational rules of life to which the ancients owed their health and strength.” ~Sebastian Kneipp

11857432.png

Tom
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well I have been bouncing the same two pounds around for several months now. Only major achievement is that I am eating better and more healthy. My trips are giving me an opportunity to sabotage myself. Plan to make better choices in New Orleans when I go later this month. Started the Perricone diet this week, since it is reasonable and I have had major sucess on it in the past. My big challenge is planning and exercise. I have a room upstairs just for exericise and finally got my recumbent bike over but can't find the wall plug. I can still use. Plan to moe some music in there todaY and do at least 30 minutes. Cancelled the water aerobics yesterday since it was so cold. That was not a good excuse so I plan to blow my hair dry the next time I go. This is my second day of being on track but I have been very tired. Taking all the supplements but working hard to clean our the basement and finally get my stuff from other house sorted thru and and either disposed of or put up for future use. Best Wishes to everyone of this journey
    Katrena

Robin Sorry to hear you wear ill. Take care. My mom's potassium got so low once, we had to carry her physically into the hospital.

Niki, good advice and very helpful.

Laurie K Wish we could finally get our tree down. All decorations are off and most of xmas decorations are in boxes in foyer. Just waiting for hubby to load them on the tractor and take to basement. He's buy working on the new deck (even though it it freezing weather) and don't know if he will have this completed before guest come over for lunch friday

Reboot Congratiulation ons the weight loss. Way to go. Sorry about the leg.

zcb94 - Have you considered anti-depressants or natural depression therapies. I used to be very opposed to them, but found they make the journey easier.

Morgori - So glad II never heard of those extreme diets. I've been know to go on some silly diets, before I accepted there is only one way and that is the sensible way. Eat less and make better choices and move more

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    @KJEFFRIES2, I've thought about that but hesitate to move forward with that sort of thing because I'm usually a happy camper, but this past year-ish, since dealing with my debilitating wound...whew! For now, I'm just trying to pray through the mess, and listen to my body, even if that means giving in to the odd craving for junk food and hibernation.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    @KJEFFRIES2, I've thought about that but hesitate to move forward with that sort of thing because I'm usually a happy camper, but this past year-ish, since dealing with my debilitating wound...whew! For now, I'm just trying to pray through the mess, and listen to my body, even if that means giving in to the odd craving for junk food and hibernation.

Please go to this website and read about what your junk food cravings really mean ... believe me, those cravings aren't all in your head.

http://www.organicauthority.com/what-your-junk-food-cravings-are-really-telling-you
  • zcb94
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

Please go to this website and read about what your junk food cravings really mean ... believe me, those cravings aren't all in your head.

http://www.organicauthority.com/what-your-junk-food-cravings-are-really-telling-you
    @Nikion901, ok, apparently my system was crying out for magnesium (chocolate craving) and minerals (salt craving, satisfied by string cheese) on Monday, and chromium, carbon, sulfur or tryptophan (hence the apple and popcorn desires) yesterday. Apart from the occasional treat, I enjoy a balanced diet that lacks nothing (or so I thought). As I mentioned previously, I think Monday's cravings were triggered by minor hormone imbalance, so I don't know what to make of it! I have read that dark chocolate is an excellent source of magnesium, and believe (if I recall correctly) that it's especially important for women to get enough of this critical mineral for hormonal/emotional health.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    kah68 wrote: »
    @tootsanderson ~I have seen products similar to the SCiO that you describe, some just scan the food and others have a probe—supposedly it gives you exact nutrition info. Interesting.

I don't think I'd be interested in shoving it inside my food...
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kelley, I will go out with this guy again. I will be careful. We started talking about date number 2 and he wants me to drive to the shore. I am fine with that but not staying at his house. This would not be an issue except they are predicting a big snow storm for my area this weekend. I have no intention of getting stuck on the other side of the bay with a guy I barely know. He is entertaining so it may be good for a while as a friendship.

Tonight I took the night off from exercise and visited my friend who had surgery last week. He now has a sprained ankle so that will slow healing down since he can't stand on it. I am praying that his luck turns around.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@katrena-- nice to see you back. It's such a challenge to eat wisely while traveling. At least NOLA has a lot of seafood which can fit into a healthy plan-minus all the sauces and sides. The first time I went there, a friend and I ate raw oysters by the dozen every day. Yummy and not too many calories. LOL

@toots-- that is an interesting item. It could be very helpful but also a bit scary to know that precisely what's in everything we eat.

@laurie-- I agree with kelley that men and women model their interactions based on observation and upbringing, but I think concerns about gender roles complicate it further. I have a friend who was set up by a couple she knows. She met the couple and "the guy: out for drinks. Very casual and not an official date. She wasn't sure how to take the fact that he didn't even offer to pay for her drinks. She said she wouldn't have let him, but wasn't sure what that meant. She's very financially successful and he's a HS teacher, so her concern was that she doesn't want someone who will be attracted to her money. I countered that he would know of her success (the husband of the couple who set them up is her employee), but might have hesitated to offer to pay for fear of insulting her knowing she's financially independent, just bought her own home, etc. The same could hold true for men giving compliments-- with women so independent, men may fear coming off as chauvinistic or as objectifying the woman. It's got to be a tough line to walk, especially with someone who they are just getting to know.

@meg-- welcome to the thread! Awesome weight loss so far!

Tuesday Goals:
    Still no grading-- squee! <3 I was honestly a little lost leaving work without packing up any grading to take home. Weitd. Walked gunner and went to the gym and ran 5k on the treadmill. Under calories. All in all a good day.

Fitness Goals for the month of January:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week:
    Week 1 = 2/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 2 = 2/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 3 = 1/3 runs, 1/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks. DONE
    I will run an 8k twice.

Nutrition Goal for January:
    Stay under calorie goal 6/7 days each week.
    Week 1 = 6/7
    Week 2 = 5/7
    Week 3 = 3/7

You vs Year Challenge:
    20k done/ 980k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sat-- rest day
    Sun-- walk gunner + gym NOPE
    Mon-- walk gunner + gym NOPE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed-- rest day (meeting)
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym
    Fri-- walk gunner
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Laurie - advice from me -As soon as you said poet I remembered a fellow that we started writing haiku back and forth to each other and he was also an excellent companion for going to art museums as well. Don't find guys like that often. But compliments? The only thing he complimented me on was the length of my ear lobes! Go figure. But I believe men should pay on the first date. And no, I don't believe I'd go to the shore with him on the second date unless my girlfriend was also going. Hang in there and figure him out. Its a good exercise in human relations.

Thanks for your welcome back, folks, I appreciate it. I am still getting used to the increased dizziness and different meds and dizziness seems to be all their side effects. I am attending a day class for further monitoring and education.....but today a snow storm stopped me from going. 4 inches of pretty snow but lots of accidents and I only got about 7 blocks away and I turned around and came home and called them - they said it was cancelled anyway - augghh!

@Zoe - sorry you're getting blue - that happens to me sometimes. Keep a schedule of your "exercise" program. I know its tiny, but I also know you can squeeze those muscles a heck of a lot of times, if you start at your shoulders and work your way down, and you have a certain area that needs special attention. You probably could challenge yourself to work up to an hour. I know I have leg exercises to do in bed that just consist of isolating one thigh muscle after another and by gosh it takes almost an hour to go through and isolate all these muscles and do each one they want me to do, and have a breather in between. Hey, and I think of you often.
    You have a special survivor skill about you. Is that waning? Start telling those around you!!!!

@Niki - do you know that when I got home I still had a pile of potatoes, onions, grater ready to go and sour cream in the fridge? It will get done!!!! I am getting much better and doing a bit of work here and a bit of fun there.
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals -- I weigh myself tomorrow but I have a feeling I maintained my weight. If that ends up being the case, I want to lower my calories just a little and make sure I stay at a 500 calorie deficit. I've been tracking everything, staying away from sweets (except for a chocolate chip cookie today), and making sure to stay within my macros and calories, but I feel like I've made no progress. BUT I did eat out a few times this week so I'm sure that didn't help. I'm not going to give up!

@skinnyjeanzbound - For some schools, it's a requirement that has to be met upon applying. I'm going for a Masters in Natural Resources, or Environmental Science..something along those lines. I figure I can take the exam and then figure it out because the scores are good for 5 years. I've just reached a point in my life where I need a change. I feel stuck where I am...especially at my job. I can't imagine working where I work now and retiring there, even though it's a good job with good benefits, it's just not what I want to do.
  • zcb94
    Options
    @RobinsEgg, I do a variation of that concept to relax for sleep if necessary. As for the "survivor skill," I'm honestly not sure what you mean by that. I don't really think it's waning, but I have noticed that my energy is low quite often, much more often than it was back in school. Although I have signed up for a few "help from home" volunteer opportunities, it's certainly not the same as being involved in the world around me, and smiling at those who need it while watching for chances to share (what I see as) the Good News.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Take a Walk Outdoors Day and Family Fit Lifestyle Month

Link

Is your family plagued with stress or health problems? Does your family proudly claim to be couch potatoes?
    It is a new year and time to refocus. Two of the most common resolutions made at this time of the year are around fitness and spending more time with loved ones.
    Although this is Family Fit Lifestyle Month, healthy habits should be a lifelong journey. I recently asked my sons what life lessons they have they learned from me (risky question but I wanted to know). I was proud to hear some of things that they said. Both of them said that one of the important lessons was around eating right and exercising often. They said that it has helped them to be good athletes and to feel good. (So all that harping around eating their lunch and working hard at practise has paid off after all).
    Parents are role models and we must follow through on what we say is important. My sons laugh at me when I try and flex my muscles in the mirror like they do, but they know that I am trying to take good care of myself. They see me involved in fitness activities where I am not naturally good at them. And they see me having fun anyways.

Beverly’s Hot Tips For Celebrating Family Fit Lifestyle Month:
    • January 20 is Take A Walk Outdoors Day – Outdoor activities such as taking a nature walk together are a great way of keeping the family fit and spending quality time together
    • Reward each other’s participation in fitness activities. Be each other’s cheerleader.
    • Start a fitness diary and record how far or long each family member participated in an activity
    • Be a positive fitness and healthy role model for your children. One disturbing study found that french fries were the most popular vegetable for 15-18 month old children. Children learn about nutrition from their parents. Set boundaries and limits so that it is easier for everyone in the family to make healthy food choices. (Appropriate portions for a typical dinner meal – plate 1/2 filled with fruits and veggies, 1/4 with protein and 1/4 whole grains.)
    • Drink more water and limit beverages that add needless calories such as pop and artificial fruit juices
    • Get more sleep. Children need between 9-11 hours and adults need on average 7-9 hours. Inadequate sleep leads to greater appetite, weight gain and lethargy
    • Have fun. Fitness shouldn’t be boring or feel like drudgery. If it does that you haven’t found the right activities. Some of us prefer activities that we can do alone. Some of us need the watchful eye of a coach. Some of us prefer team settings. Fitness activities should be something that we look forward to.
    This year, set a few goals for creating a healthier family.

” I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party!” ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

11857432.png

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Karen ~Its so true what you added regarding my thoughts/advice for Laurie. Yay, on no grading—I know its short-term but exciting just the same! :smiley:

@Tom ~Love your new profile pic, lookin’ good!

@Zoe ~I know you have some limitations but are you able to get out and maybe volunteer at a YMCA, community center or church in your town for a couple of hours a day, 2-3 days a week? It might do wonders for your energy and depression as of late—being social always helps.

Sora4ever wrote: »
    @skinnyjeanzbound - For some schools, it's a requirement that has to be met upon applying. I'm going for a Masters in Natural Resources, or Environmental Science..something along those lines. I figure I can take the exam and then figure it out because the scores are good for 5 years. I've just reached a point in my life where I need a change. I feel stuck where I am...especially at my job. I can't imagine working where I work now and retiring there, even though it's a good job with good benefits, it's just not what I want to do.

I'm in the same boat. I've been with the same company for nearly 20-years and have advanced as far as I can, I'm stuck in a rather monotonous position so don't see myself retiring from here. For the last several months I've looked but nothing promising yet. I'm taking some grad courses right now and sitting for a software certification exam in May, hopefully it will give me the edge over other applicants as I continue my search--hope to find the right fit at company I can retire from.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I think I might have been here a long time ago, and now I'm back! (It's not that exciting, but I like exclamation marks!)

Just about right at the 100 pounds to lose mark, maybe 97 now. My husband is at the 200 to lose mark and doing the Medifast plan through the local clinic. He lost a significant amount of weight on that plan some years ago, but has put it all back on over time. I was not interested in eating pre-packaged "fake" food, so I'm here. Attempting to eat a balanced diet of healthier foods, about 1400 calories per day, leave off the sodas, sweets and fried stuff, exercise more and generally get my act together. Maybe by the time he is ready to eat real food again, I'll be able to help him make better decisions.

Anyways, I'm here, I'm in a decent place at the moment, and I have 10 months to get ready for the Cocoa Beach Half Marathon. I finished it last year, just barely, and I was entirely out of steam by the end. This year's goal is to be able to keep up with my sisters and brother and not be dead effing last. That means I need to whittle my mile walking pace down to about 16-17 minutes, which will ONLY happen if I'm not trying to lug around an extra 97 pounds.

Later!

Sharon
  • mickeyfitzy
    mickeyfitzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    I think I might have been here a long time ago, and now I'm back! (It's not that exciting, but I like exclamation marks!)

Just about right at the 100 pounds to lose mark, maybe 97 now. My husband is at the 200 to lose mark and doing the Medifast plan through the local clinic. He lost a significant amount of weight on that plan some years ago, but has put it all back on over time. I was not interested in eating pre-packaged "fake" food, so I'm here. Attempting to eat a balanced diet of healthier foods, about 1400 calories per day, leave off the sodas, sweets and fried stuff, exercise more

Hi Sharon
    I agree with eating real food. Shakes are so hard to stick with. I might suggest increasing your calories for the first week or two. That way you get your confidence up and feel empowered being able to easily stay within a limit and logging your food in daily. You will be surprised with increased calories you will still lose and you are staying true to yourself by logging in ALL your food. I also have 100 to lose. A few years ago I did spark people very similar to fitnesspal. Lost 50 lbs. Key is logging in everything everyday! If you need s budding I'm also looking for a accountability buddy. By the way my weekness has been coke. Since I've stopped I've lost 5 lbs.

Good luck
    Mickeyfitzy
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@Nikion901, ok, apparently my system was crying out for magnesium (chocolate craving) and minerals (salt craving, satisfied by string cheese) on Monday, and chromium, carbon, sulfur or tryptophan (hence the apple and popcorn desires) yesterday. Apart from the occasional treat, I enjoy a balanced diet that lacks nothing (or so I thought). As I mentioned previously, I think Monday's cravings were triggered by minor hormone imbalance, so I don't know what to make of it! I have read that dark chocolate is an excellent source of magnesium, and believe (if I recall correctly) that it's especially important for women to get enough of this critical mineral for hormonal/emotional health.

Oh, sorry ... I thought you were on here because you were looking for support in losing excess weight; that's why I'm here. (Consistent Focus) Good that you have it all covered about nutrition and healthy eating. Wish I'd learned how to apply all that stuff back when I was your age ... then I wouldn't have let myself get fat when I reached menapause ... and wouldn't still be trying to lose it now that I'm an old lady.

Wednesday wish ... That I finally get real about doing my chores instead of spending so much time on my computer. Maybe I should turn up the heat in the house so that it's more warm and inviting to moving around instead of staying in my office room, which is the warmest one in the house. Yeah ... that's a good idea ... I'll go turn those thermostats up right now!
    Follow-through with Consistent Focus
    Niki
  • zcb94
    Options

Oh, sorry ... I thought you were on here because you were looking for support in losing excess weight; that's why I'm here. (Consistent Focus) Good that you have it all covered about nutrition and healthy eating. Wish I'd learned how to apply all that stuff back when I was your age ... then I wouldn't have let myself get fat when I reached menapause ... and wouldn't still be trying to lose it now that I'm an old lady.

Wednesday wish ... That I finally get real about doing my chores instead of spending so much time on my computer. Maybe I should turn up the heat in the house so that it's more warm and inviting to moving around instead of staying in my office room, which is the warmest one in the house. Yeah ... that's a good idea ... I'll go turn those thermostats up right now!
    Follow-through with Consistent Focus
    Niki
    Well, in general, I could still stand to lose 30 lbs, as of the last time I checked. If we're honest, I'm not even close to knowing everything about health/nutrition/weight loss, but have gained some knowledge from the health class at the School of Hard Knocks, lol. I guess I should've said that i now try to enjoy a relatively balanced, but still by no means perfect diet. Sorry to confuse you!
    Unrealistic Wednesday Wish-I really wish my wound care nurse could've waited until this afternoon to change my dressings instead of ruining my morning routine! She really put a chink into my armor, but I guess I should be more forgiving, because she did mention something about getting off work ASAP to help with a family emergency. I hope everything's okay!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kelley-- yes, it's definitely short term. In fact, I'm collecting some homework tomorrow, but still should be really light for a week or so. :)

@sarah-- I can totally understand your feeling. I didn't actually get my first classroom teaching job until I was 32. Prior to that, although I had decent jobs making fairly good money (more than when I switched to teaching), it just didn't make me happy. PS-- my dad has a degree in environmental science.

@laurie-- haha, I guess getting stranded in a snowstorm would give you a good idea if the two of you are compatible. Or not. LOL

Wednesday Wish:
    My wish is that this cold that is threatening would just go away! I'm on my zicam and will try to get to bed early, but I've already got that sneezy, congested feeling that's a sure indicator that I'm getting sick. Boo.

On a good note, our faculty meeting was canceled, so I didn't have to stay after work today. It is still pretty cold (though warmer than the last few days), and with my sniffles starting, I decided not to walk gunner. We are now in a fight. I hope to make it up to him tomorrow provided I'm feeling better.

Fitness Goals for the month of January:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week:
    Week 1 = 2/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 2 = 2/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 3 = 1/3 runs, 1/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks. DONE
    I will run an 8k twice.

Nutrition Goal for January:
    Stay under calorie goal 6/7 days each week.
    Week 1 = 6/7
    Week 2 = 5/7
    Week 3 = 4/7

You vs Year Challenge:
    20k done/ 980k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sat-- rest day
    Sun-- walk gunner + gym NOPE
    Mon-- walk gunner + gym NOPE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed-- rest day (meeting)
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym
    Fri-- walk gunner
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: Cedar Cedar go away, don't come back another day! Cedar Fever is a real and very inconvenient problem!

2016 Goals check in:
    1) Walk every workday 2x 10 min daily:11/20 days (9/13 work days)
    2) Work out at lunch (30min) 3x/week at Omni - I have decided that walking 30 min at lunch is more productive than at most 10 minutes on the Elliptical, so have only been to the Omni about 3 x this month.
    3) Work out at least 1 day on the weekends - 2 out of 3 weekends - Yay!
    4)Log my food, all of it: 20/24 days, and still not so good logging the late night eating.
    Stay within 200 cal of my stated goal: well, maybe 10/20
    Burn at least 200 cal over my cal intake with exercise - maybe the same, 10/20
    5) Start weight training - not at all
    6) Squat challenge - starting in Feb
    7) Weight loss goal - 1st goal for the year 175 by memorial day (18 lbs) - Loss 3.5 so far :smiley:

Personal goals:
    Have only used my largest cc for medication refills, which is an auto pay, and am paying it off in large chunks (about $600/mo)
    Investing more in retirement - starting 1st pay period of the year, increased by $50/mo (same as my measly raise this year). It's not much I know, but will also be depositing a large chunk of my refund in my retirement, so maybe an extra $800-1000. That will help some.
    Not letting DH push my buttons - complete fail.

"Stay strong and keep moving on", y'all - and those of you in the Washington DC area, stay out of the weather and safe, if you can.

Tracy/TX