Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Just got caught up on the posts so yay,,Hello to everyone new this is realy an encouraging thread (group of people):smile:

Today was ok stayed under in food but my choices could have been better.

Tuesday Goal: Keep doing what I have been, doing overall.
    workout Keep walking everyday swim when ever I can but at least once a week.
    Food really plan out my menu and stick with it, I have gotten lazy abit my family has gotten tired of eating salads and meat wantin g some of their favorites. I have been working on healthier recipes changing ground beef to extra lean ground turkey cutting out cream of soup recipes but did make a couple with fat free, But I do better with simple veggie or salad with meat. Just got tired of 2 meals. But I need to keep those family fav's to no more than 1 x a week.
    Drinking water daily.
    Keep logging.

Wishing everyone hurting a speedy recovery and healing. To all of those celebrating victories Yay !!!!! So happy for you!!!!

Welcome to everyone..
    Take care,
    Liz
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and would love to participate. I need motivation! I have been on my journey for a year now and seem to be back paddling. I am determined to continue this lifelong journey but it get difficult at times. For the past 3-4 months I have been gaining and losing the same 5-7 pounds due to lack of motiviation. Is everyone just posting to the thread on how they are doing?

Welcome! A lot of us can relate to the gaining and losing the same few lbs.--you are definitely not alone there! As far as posting--we have topics for each day (look at Robin's 1st post on page 1), but we aren't strict about sticking to it. Yes, Saturday is "success" day, but if you have a success on a Thursday, feel free to shout it out. :laugh:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I really like how this thread/group/awesome collective is set up and I'm jumping on your bandwagon! It's nice to see positivity and intelligence. :) I didn't give myself a number of pounds to lose, I gave myself a rough approximation of a size I'd like to see but the way I have it figured, I needed to lose about 120lbs. So today is "Goal" day? Are we talking for the week or for life? This process is all about small steps for me, so I'll assume short term goals.

Tuesday Goal(s):
    1) Run a full mile. I've been hesitant to do this because I'm coming off of 2 herniated discs and have a bum knee but I've been working up to it and have decided that Thursday is the day I attempt it. :)

2) Go buy new underwear. I know, I know, TMI but seriously, I have yet to replace the enormous parachutes I've been rocking since I was 320. Zumba is pretty difficult when you have to pick extra fabric every 5 or 6 steps.

3) Make a birthday cake using fondant. I've never used it before, but I've been begged/pestered/threatened into doing it and darn it, I'm gonna try. I'll let you know how all that nonsense works out.

That's all I've got. If I'm doing this wrong, please let me know. :) Have a good night everybody!

You are doing just fine :tongue:--as I mentioned to mslady, we aren't strict about the daily topics; Robin has those set up for us as guidance, but you can post however you like. Most of us use Tuesday for short-term (daily or weekly) goals, but again there's no "right" way. Some of us also post monthly goals--August is one nutrition and one exercise goal.

Congrats on the 78 lbs you've already lost! :drinker:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new memebers. You are going to love this group. The people on here are super nice and supportive.

So because I got such a late start to my day "noon" due to a migraine this morning I was way to far under my calorie goal so I decided I needed to get a little more in before I went to bed. I had some greek yogurt I had bought but hadnt tried yet so i put some in the blender with some frozen bluberries, strawberries, bannana, and enough milk to cover. After blending it wasnt quite right to added a little agave and some vanilla extract. Now it is awesome. I think something like this could truly help with my ice cream " my personal kryptonite" cravings.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @taratruex ~ Woot! Woot! I look forward to the day when I can get out of the 200 club!

I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. I've been doing everything right and gained 2 pounds. Well, I finally lost those 2 pounds and then 2 more! I think the key for me is to eat around 1500 calories a day. Eating back the exercise calories didn't seem to be working for me. My plan is to eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day, go for my doggie walks morning and evening, and work in a bike ride as often as I can. Haven't been able to work that bike ride in last night or tonight! :grumble: Oh, summer break, how I wish you were still here! :sad: I am not good about drinking my water, but I found a water bottle that has a middle core thingy that you can freeze to keep your water cold. I'm hoping that will get me to drinking that water! :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newbies and kudos to Skinnyjeans for answering their questions so promptly :flowerforyou:

I have cotton balls for eyes I'm so sleepy, I just can't respond to everyone personally tonight but OH! What a wonderful time I had reading everyones posts! Including a trip into Onderland. I just wanted to get up and dance for joy when I read that! :love: If there ever was a day marked with serendipity this was it - one of my friends got her lost cat back after it had been missing for six weeks. It had crossed the interstate and was found by warehouse workers in an industrial park many, many miles away. It still had its tags on. Isn't that great luck? Today I wore myself out vacuuming upholstered furniture and then steam cleaning it. Whew I think that counts as some kind of workout! I try to do that once every decade.:laugh:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks proved interesting.

Had the church dinners all the one week and well anything I gained came off in a rough week of food poisoning and some people seemed to suspect it's samonella poisoning. I was really sick last week. High fever, out both ends. Yeah. I noticed my pants were suddenly fitting looser.

so this week it's all been about trying to find balance and getting back on track.

Plan is to make sure I eat at home and not out. Which is easy to do when you live alone.
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was just trying to catch up on this tread but only made it to page 8 so far. I'll come back later to read some more.

Goals: For right now my only goals are to get thru this first week of school. I had my first day today and it was a long one. I managed to pack myself a lunch and even made myself a breakfast that I ate waiting for the bus. I was just happy it was a nice morning so I didn't have to try eat holding an umbrella. We have no bus shelter we just wait on the side of the road.

I made it thru my day ok but I was roasting!! Not all my classes had the AC on, or at least it wasn't high enough and it was a nice sunny day. But in Hilo that means that it is hot and sticky. Managed to validate my ID so I can ride the bus for free and had just enough time to sit with my friend and eat our home lunches. She's on here too.

So I just want to get my homework, a lot of reading, done and to get my training done for my job cause I have to work on Friday. I know it's gonna be more stressful and I'm gonna need to manage my time better (I'm a procrastinator, big time) so that I don't get too stressed out between work and school. It's just gonna take me a bit to get it under wraps. It's like that every semester. I should be doing better in about 3 weeks. I hope!

Have a beautiful Wednesday everyone. I'll try to fit in a walk between my studies even if it's just a short one.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: This week is going to have to be to get through the Sealed Knot event this weekend without to much damage. Food should be ok, as we do our own cooking on the camping bit, it will just be the booze I have to be careful of..
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes:

Well I actually got my wish last night and that was to get everything completed for this week at school so I could take a break one night and have some "me" time. Well I get to successfully do that tonight! Hooray! All the papers are graded, signed paper folders done, AND grades are in the gradebook! Woohoo!

I guess my only other wish is that my scale would move. My bf swears I'm converting muscle and that it why it is standing still. I dropped my calories a little just in case to make sure that's not the problem.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'll be at work teaching my 5th graders place value for decimals. Should be a fun, but interesting day. :) I'll catch up with everyone this afternoon! :)
  • Kimma34
    Kimma34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL!!!

36yr old female looking to shed 100lbs.............Any tips or advice??

-Kim
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - my daughter has been having shin splints while running and her school's medical trainer said that her symtoms sounded like compartment syndrome which is really serious. She's got an appointment today with a sports medicine doctor and I'm really praying that it's not that because that requires surgery and would sideline her for the season and make her give up what she loves most.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Here's the results of day on of my personal 2 week personal challenge.
    Drank all of my water
    Stayed under my goal
    Ran 5k
    No energy drinks and none so far today either

The only thing I didn't keep to was the sodium. I swear I keep a salt lick at my desk or an iv with salt water attached to a vein. It's irritating that whenever I think I'm doing ok on everything else, sodium comes up and knocks me out.

Wednesday wish: That I can start to make low sodium choices so I don't keep sabotaging myself and get losing again. I'll be refilling my liter of water here shortly. I hope that balances my high sodium day yesterday.
    Second wish: that i'll be able to make it through the school year with a hint of sanity left.
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I've been absent for the last few weeks and seem to have missed a lot of drama. Will have to try to back track to see what happened. Thank you to Robin and the others who sent me messages to help me get back on the thread. Its amazing how much you miss in a short period of time. Hope we haven't lost to many of our regulars through all of this.
    I'm sorry to have been absent, just too much going on around here. I started back to work and 2 weeks into it, went off to have my summer holidays. I've had constant company since then. Mostly the grandkids but also my sister and her other half and then I've also been away during that period. Right now I have my son and his family from out west visiting for 10 days. Its the first time the youngest grand has been to Ontario so there will be a lot of visiting family to see.
    I've stuck as close as possible to my program and have done a fair amount of walking so my weight has stayed stable. I'll be back and forth on the site for the next 10 days and then life will get back to normal. I'm sorry if I've missed any important events in everyones lives. I know I won't be able to catch up on reading the threads but will try to keep up from this point.
    Its been wonderful having all the grands visiting with me but its been exhausting too. This weekend, we're going to head to my daughters place and I'll have all 5 of my grandkids together for the first time. Its going to be wonderful and we're going to take lots of photos. My son only gets to come home every couple of years so its very hard on the family, so we're going to make the most of it while we can.
    I'll talk to everyone soon. Charlotte
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome to the "Newbies":flowerforyou:

@Everybody w/NSV's Congrats....everyone struggling ( myself included:grumble: , it will get better)

Wednesday Wish: More money, more time,More weight Loss:laugh:
    Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Blessed!:heart:
    patty
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options
    Got to be quick today...lots to do!

Wednesday Wish: For calm and serenity; for walking into my office and feeling like I was at a spa...just for today...soothing music, scented candles, brewed green tea...low talking....that's my wish for today.
  • dobarber
    Options
    General question. I've been running 5k distances for about 2 weeks now. It usually takes me a little less then 50 minutes. I know that's slow and that I'm not a fast runner by any means but I'm just worried that I might not be pushing myself hard enough. I think I also might be getting a little anxious about my first official 5k race in September too.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish:
    Wednesday Wish: More money, more time,More weight Loss:laugh:

I'll have what she's having!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    i haven't been doing very well the last couple of weeks. not sure where my motivation went but it's gone for the moment. i know it will come back but i'm irritated at myself.
  • dobarber
    Options
    i haven't been doing very well the last couple of weeks. not sure where my motivation went but it's gone for the moment. i know it will come back but i'm irritated at myself.

@Toots: Been there still going through it. Not sure if its an end of summer thing or kids going back to school thing but we'll get through it. I'm just as irritated as you are with myself. Just don't give up.