Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello all, hope everyone is having a good day. I have had a fairly good morning. I had promised my dad I would make him some cookies so I was finally getting them made. I just about died when I input the recipie into the tracker and saw tje calories for one little cookie. They are 115 calories. Now admittedly they are awesome but still..... I havent really learned any of the tricks yet for lightening up baking like I have for straight cooking. I am very proud of myself though I didnt lick my fingers once well putting them on the cookie sheet and I have only eaten one for my snack.

Wednesday wish...I could eat all my cookies, no just kidding. Actually my wish is more for my son. We are trying to get him enrolled for a tech school he has been planning for years and have done everything they said and things are still not finalized. They seem to constatly be messing with all his paperwork and information. His friend is going to the same place and started the process at the same time and has had everything squared away for a couple months now. My Middle dughter had the same problem when she started college it is very frustrating. So I left a message with the admissions department today and we are going to get this setteled. They have finally brought the wrath of mamma down on them.
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish - I wish my salad would have been good today. I got to work and it was all wilted, so I just ate my salmon and ate half a muffin that was laid out in the break room. Ugh. Other than that, I wish that my registration for school comes through, right now I'm on a wait list. Took me awhile to get motivated to go back, kind of bummed that I ended up at the back of the pack.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    Wednesday wish... I always have to think on what to wish for but today it was easier. I wish wish wish that i was able to go visit my dad. I miss him so much. I haven't seen him in almost 2.5 yrs. I was going to go this summer but I was afraid they would make me buy a second seat due to my size, not only would that have been embarrassing but I didn't have the money to buy a plane ticket let alone 2. Though I have to say that i am glad me and my boyfriend decided not to drive up there as his car probably would have broken down along the way since it has been broken since early July. (Poor guy) I also wish that my mom's back would stop hurting so bad.

@nicheven did you put your salmon on your salad? Sometimes it helps if you put it in a lunch box with a ice pack.

~Lana
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish- I wish for things at my job to settle down. With all the systems issues going on people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Which doesn't help our customers one bit.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So just had to share real quick: I just bought a beautiful new set of knifes and then started chunking root veggies for dinner and all I can say is knife 1 tammy 0. Dang thing slid right into my thumb but I still love them they are so pretty, lol.
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    All joking aside, they spin the statistics in those information sessions so badly it should be criminal. Close to home, my better half had the roux n y, and then developed a serious alcohol dependency. 3 years sober now but it was hell getting here. I have come to the conclusion that the surgeries would negatively impact my quality of life. Scary side-effects.

aug

Aug - so sorry you guys had to deal with that. I know it doesn't make any sense but there is actually a fair amount of research showing this to be true. I think any WLS can be useful if you are 100% sure you are the right person for it. I just think that surgeons tend to prey on people when they are vulnerable just to make some money. It's sick and wrong. I also feel the same way about doctors who sell weigh loss products that are dangerous and require weekly or monthly appointments with lab work. Only reason to do that is to make money.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: that just for today, I maintain my abstinence.
    Abstinence: no cookies, cakes, pies, muffins.
    Ok to have VERY occasional piece of sucking candy, like a mint (cannot buy - just one piece, once in a while).
    Also OK to have occasional single serving of sorbet (maximum twice a week).
    So far so good ... and I'm also still below my calorie allotment for the day!
    Onward!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ok deep breath...

Hi guys!

I know I don't post here anymore, I've just been way too busy with work, commuting, josey, new province...all that...

so just maintaining my contact with my friends list and commenting on their wins and victories is a lot of work....

but I did promise that if I ever posted pics of myself in that damn bikini I would let you know...

so i did.... and i'm letting you know...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711967-what-do-you-look-like-after-100-pound-weight-loss

my fingers still itch to delete my post there...but it's up and its there for the world to see...for better or for worse.

I certainly hope that all of you are continuing your victories, digging deep and hard for the ugly win's in this battle with ourselves, our self esteem and our weight...and most of all

drink your water.

Lauren

Lauren- You are a ROCK STAR! You look fabulous!!!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @nicholsvj -- that whole gym thing of 'leave at 7, be at the gym by 7:30, home by 8:30' -- so 90 minutes for 30 minutes exercise -- is why I'm doing so much stuff at home. I love that with dance mat or whatever, 30 minutes of exercise takes me about 35 minutes.

@CelticHippo -- all these camping trips with booze do add up, don't they? I've now had an almost-alcohol-free week, ready for falling off the wagon again this weekend. But I'm going to log!

@Jana -- well done for finishing grading!

@Turtletape -- I've been wondering whether programs like 30 day shred are achievable for those of us with lots to lose. How do you find it?

@Kim -- welcome! My top tip would be to get active -- and start with getting a pedometer and get a sense of how much you're moving already. Then just try to do a little bit more each day until you're over the 10k steps they recommend. Not that I'm managing that ho ho (currently up to 9100 average, which is better than it was when I started). Obviously activities like cycling and swimming mess up the numbers, but they're good too! And definitely log everything. But don't starve! I think one of the good things about MFP is that the calorie targets are realistic for larger people, especially if you exercise and eat back exercise calories. I always struggled with schemes that give you the same target whether you start off weighing 150lbs or 250lbs.

@Christine -- I've been very generous to myself in spending money on fitness toys; I'm lucky that I can afford to, but I thought 'it would be worth thousands of pounds to me to be thin, so I shouldn't skimp on the equipment I need'.

@Tammy -- ooh that new knife thing! But you'll get used to them.

My Wednesday wish -- that next week, the last week before the kids go back to school, we actually get everything back in order, shoes and uniforms sorted, all ready to go, so that the actual return is peaceful. As I said, it's a wish.

Thanks to you all for brightening my day.

-- Alison
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    We miss you Lauren hope you and your girl are doing well!

wednesday wish: My father-in-law just got word that he has prostate cancer, so my best wishes are for him.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    KellyLyn - I hope the fires are out by the time you read this. Wildfires are the scariest threat I can imagine. This drought is causing so many of them. I hope you don't have any more.

Lauren - Brava for putting your pictures up - you look fabulous! Its a great thread to read. I loved the part where a member posted what needs to be said to get insurance to pay for a loose skin reduction surgery. Fascinating information.

BigAug - thanks for saying what I've been thinking. My email fills up with that chatter - I don't even open it, but some stuff still slips thru - UGH :grumble:

Teka - I'd be the same way. Hope your enrollment picks up - :flowerforyou:

jtconst - :cry: poor thumb! :cry:

Morgori - my Weds wish goes for a good recovery for your FIL. :heart:
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @nicholsvj -- that whole gym thing of 'leave at 7, be at the gym by 7:30, home by 8:30' -- so 90 minutes for 30 minutes exercise -- is why I'm doing so much stuff at home. I love that with dance mat or whatever, 30 minutes of exercise takes me about 35 minutes.

It's not that bad. I live less than 5 minutes from the gym. So driving from work to the gym is the same as driving from work to home. I end up working out around 45-50 minutes at a time (again, 5 minutes from the gym). So not as bad as you think! Plus, if I come home after a 12 hour day at work...there is no way in heck I would be changing, working out and then crashing. It would be more like come home...crash on the couch. Wake up 4 hours later going "crap, I needed to do .....x, y, and z and going to bed for real...or worse, staying up and doing x, y and z!

GOODish and Badish news today: So, I guess there is chatter about how the hospital is really slow right now and since there will be 3-4 of us residents there a day, we are going to try to start staggering our departure times. Meaning, i might not have all 12 hour shifts! This would be great for my work out plan, as I am only going 3 days a week right now. My long term goal is 6 days a week but that won't be for awhile...and for sure not during inpatient months! Now for the badish news. The first 5k I signed up for might be canceled! I was just told I have to work that day...so I either need to find someone to fill in for me, call the clinic and say I won't be there or not do the 5k. Need to pray about it and see if this is God's way of saying "not yet" or what!
  • naceto
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that I wasn't so stinking tired today. :yawn: I didn't sleep well last night (I'm a worrier) and so I have been dragging all day. I have an internal debate going on right now as to whether or not I should walk tonight, because not only am I tired, but I am not hungry... and walking means that I will need to fuel my body.

So silly :laugh: I just read what I typed and thought about what advice I would give myself.... I would tell me to get over it and take a walk! I know it will make me feel better, and likely I will want something to eat after. :tongue:

I also wish for you all to have an amazingaliciously fantabulous day! Stay strong and stay in control! You can do this!
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @vinson No, I had it in a seperate little container, but all of it in my thermal lunch box in the fridge. Maybe the ice pack would have helped keep it crunchy. It was so disappointing because dinner last night was so good, but today it was so disappointing.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone--just read all the posts but I'm way too tired :yawn: to do personals. I hope those of you with struggles (physical or emotional) will find some strength and get through it quickly. Congrats to those who are doing well!

I am sooooo tired and kind of cranky from my 1st day back at school. If you ever want to suck all of the energy and enthusiasm out of a school full of teachers, just monopolize every minute of their day with mind-numbing meetings. Make them sit through stupid announcements that could easily be communicated through email, waste their time with videos of "summer fun," and don't forget a few senseless and chaotic getting-to-know-you activities that don't result in in any of the new people actually "getting-to-know" anyone. Oh, and give them cake--the cake is very important as it will make up for the fact that the work day is over, but the teachers still need to stay for hours setting up classrooms, hauling books to their rooms, and making copies for the first day of school tomorrow. :angry:

Wed. Wish:
    That tomorrow is a better day. I know the morning will be fine b/c the kids will be there. Of course, the afternoon is filled with--you guessed it--meetings. :explode:
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options
    40 minute run!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!! About 2.83 miles and if it hadn't started getting so dark (and if my car hadn't been parked about a mile away) I would have gone the whole 3 miles...that will have to wait to tomorrow :bigsmile:

@Morgori: Best to your father in law
    @Naceto: I hope you did go for that walk and I hope it was pleasant and pain-free
    @Robin: All your talk about swimming makes me excited to join the Y so I can start swimming, too! Low impact, high reward.

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to the weekend; I need some sleep :yawn:

See you all tomorrow!

Annie :heart:
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeans ~ Man, I hear ya! We started school last week, and spent Monday and Tuesday in all day meetings. When do you think the kids came? You guessed it! Wednesday! I guess I shouldn't be complaining since I do get the summer off and all, but we have contract days, darn it, and shouldn't have to spend them in meetings when there is so much to do to get ready for kids!

Wednesday wish: that things would slow down so I could get a bike ride in every day :grumble:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tina-I agree with you about motivation, all mine is gone for right now. I need to find a way to get back on track and stay positive about this process and working out. I also think that TOM is playing havoc with me this week as well.

Karen- I would so go zip lining with you. Does the grouppon expire? I could see me planning a trip to visit out that way. I have never been to Chicago so it would be fun to do something different and see a new city.

CathEsth and Karen- it is amazing how admin expects us to get everything done when they have us in meetings all day. I have another day of meetings tomorrow to learn about the new rating and evaluation system for teachers. My school is a lucky because we get to pilot the new system and provide input into what works and what doesn't. However, the powers that be don't ways agree on the answers to the questions. So we are in a holding pattern for the new SLO-Student learning outcomes that deal with student groups and how we are going to get them to improve. This will be become the new evaluation tool for the state of Maryland.

Alex is Hawks- Glad you popped in, we were all wondering where you went. Hope all is well with you and your daughter. You were brave for posting the pictures- Congrats on that accomplishment.

Teachers you will understand this one- Not to wake up in the middle of the night thinking about school and the kids. I have already woken up at 3;30am thinking about the kids that were not on my class list and worried that I did not have them. I was suppose to have them. Needless to say, I had my team mates class lists and compared the names and finally found most the of the students that I wanted to have again this year. Not fun and the kids have not started class yet- so frustrating. Hopefully, this is not a foreshadowing of the things to come throughout the year.

Wish- I would wish the for the self control to avoid the breakfast goodies that have been around all week however, I have no desire to say no to myself this week. I will survive the week. So I wish for my motivation to return and to refocus my attentions on losing weight.

Good night everyone. Have a great Thursday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Karen- I would so go zip lining with you. Does the grouppon expire? I could see me planning a trip to visit out that way. I have never been to Chicago so it would be fun to do something different and see a new city.

CathEsth and Karen- it is amazing how admin expects us to get everything done when they have us in meetings all day. I have another day of meetings tomorrow to learn about the new rating and evaluation system for teachers. My school is a lucky because we get to pilot the new system and provide input into what works and what doesn't. However, the powers that be don't ways agree on the answers to the questions. So we are in a holding pattern for the new SLO-Student learning outcomes that deal with student groups and how we are going to get them to improve. This will be become the new evaluation tool for the state of Maryland.

Unfortunately, the groupon expires at the end of Sept. 2012--which is pretty quick for a groupon and one of the reasons I didn't go ahead and buy it. I figure that's not enough time to rustle up a partner in crime. But if you ever decide to take a trip out this way, we could definitely plan some adventures. Chicago is a great city--especially in the summer b/c there's so much to do.

IL is also adopting new teacher evaluation procedures, so that was the bulk of our meetings today. I think the overhaul of evaluation tools is necessary, but it's not like we get any say in it, so they should just give us the materials, let us read them on our own time, and then have a meeting to answer any questions. Instead we have spent 6 hours going through the rubric, domain by domain--it would be like me spending multiple class periods to go through every point on a writing rubric with my students. It's just not necessary--we can all read the rubric, we aren't idiots, and it's really not all that complex.
  • naceto
    Options
    40 minute run!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!! About 2.83 miles and if it hadn't started getting so dark (and if my car hadn't been parked about a mile away) I would have gone the whole 3 miles...that will have to wait to tomorrow :bigsmile:

@Morgori: Best to your father in law
    @Naceto: I hope you did go for that walk and I hope it was pleasant and pain-free
    @Robin: All your talk about swimming makes me excited to join the Y so I can start swimming, too! Low impact, high reward.

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to the weekend; I need some sleep :yawn:

See you all tomorrow!

Annie :heart:

Thanks Annie! I did walk tonight and though I was tired, I was not in pain :):) yay! Some day soon I hope to be talking about how I ran for 40 minutes! Way to go girl!