Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I really don't have anything that's pressing at the moment. I'm still so new to all of this. While I know some of you are struggling, you're willingness to share really does help me. It gets me prepared for the possible things to come. I had my first test last week when the scale didn't move. I was so mad because I'm doing everything right, but as so many of you have shared there are going to be PLENTY of weeks like that. Another test came yesterday when I had a business lunch and dinner out (did GREAT by the way). I know there will be plenty of restaurants, celebrations, trials, anger, etc. . . and I'm going to have to learn how to work through them and prevail. Thank you everyone for telling the truth. :flowerforyou:
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Did it already have dressing on it? That could have been the issue too. I always keep my dressing in another container til I'm ready to eat. Also if I am making the salad, i.e. chopping lettuce, cucumbers, etc., I won't do it til the morning because it seems that will help the lettuce to wilt quicker too.

Nope, in a container on the side. Thinking I just bought a bad batch of Spinach. My husband thought it was off the night before, I thought it was fine, but perhaps I got the only good stuff in the bag lol.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,084 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - truth is this web site just doesn't work for me any more!! No really, more than half the time it won't load or when I hit reply or post I get an error message. So that's frustrating me quite a bit. Ladies if you think TOM is a real downer, let me tell you menpause is no walk in the park either. I'm tired of not sleeping, sweating like crazy, getting grumpy and crying at less than a drop of the hat. My doctor says the symptoms can persist for years. Lovely man to mention that........

Congrats to all of you with progress on both weight loss and increased fitness. Good for you!!

Lin
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kah - your Alaska cruise sounds enviable - did you see any whales while aboard ship? Sounds like you did really well with all the temptations in your path - you can knock off those 3 lbs. in a few weeks.

Doug - congrats on going the whole 3 miles even when fatigue was setting in - you're really working on your endurance. And great news about getting into the 270's. You are SO FINE!

Tina - sometimes even the best athlete's mind isn't in the game. But don't give in to the negative chatter - you march those thoughts right out of your head when they show up! 90% of this effort is mental! I think you need a big reward - you probably haven't had one in a long, long time. Maybe you should think about that. :flowerforyou:

Naceto - nice to hear you are learning to love exercise. I am too - although it is a daily lesson I have to teach myself. I have to think it through and remind myself. I suppose I'll have to do it for sixty days straight before its ingrained in me!

BigAug - Sounds like Dale is a little disrespectful and DannyBoy is a snitch!

Lamypie - oh boy do you have one scale too many ! That must be driving you crazy! :noway: As for your headaches, do you monitor your blood pressure? That may be a cause. Back to the scales, you might check the batteries in them. Sorry you're feeling frustrated. I think if you carry on as you're doing and Tom's effects pass, you'll soon post a loss.

Nicheven - I never ate veggies before - now I LOVE them. I buy Green Giant Steamers - I especially love their Farmer's Blend - with cauliflower, sugar snap peas, carrots, and cranberries. Its almost like candy, but Oh so good for you.

Vinson - the CVFS must be a terrible burden to cope with. Here's a big HUG for you. :flowerforyou:

Susan - Great NSV's eating right at your 2 dinners. Congrats for such will power and good judgement.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Kah- Did you enjoy your cruise to Alaska i went in June and had a fantastic time . Did you happen to go on a gospel cruise i know a gospel cruise just went to alaska .

Thursday Truth i am going to be getting started back doing the Just Dance next week . I am still recovering from the surgery i had back in July but i am getting alot stronger now and i am feeling alot better . I cannot wait to get started back going to Zumba class probably another month before i go back ! Hope everyone is having a fantastic thursday !
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Tina - sometimes even the best athlete's mind isn't in the game. But don't give in to the negative chatter - you march those thoughts right out of your head when they show up! 90% of this effort is mental! I think you need a big reward - you probably haven't had one in a long, long time. Maybe you should think about that. :flowerforyou:

Oh don't worry I'm not going anywhere. The thoughts are getting marched out, believe me!
    As for the reward. My big reward is when I get under 200lbs. I am getting a coach purse like I've always wanted when I get under 200lbs. That's why this plateau has been so stressful and I have been so frustrated. Because I am SO close to "Onederland" and yet so far and I can't seem to get there. I am not going to get that purse until I am under 200lbs. So that's me goal! And I WILL get there.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Robin~I did see a lot of whales, both on board the ship and in port during excursions. Saw a lot of wildlife, actually (bears, caribou, Eagles, dolphins, etc). My trainer asked me to watch my food intake really close this week, we're both hoping as Nicole said above that my weight gain is just water weight and it disappears quickly! :smile:
    Kah- Did you enjoy your cruise to Alaska i went in June and had a fantastic time . Did you happen to go on a gospel cruise i know a gospel cruise just went to alaska .

I enjoyed my cruise very much - it was a land-cruisetour, so a lot of activity at the beginning. The cruise itself was relaxing and peaceful, just what I needed. Not a specialized cruise, just a regular cruise through Princess. I actually have two more cruises booked - Canada/New England next Fall and Panama Canal the following Spring - cruising agrees with me. :laugh:

Kelley
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have well over 100 lbs to lose and have been doing good since i finally decided that enough was enough, I'm done just talking and *****ing about my weight, I'm going to do something about it! However, it's only been a little over two weeks and I can tell I'm going to need support to keep at it. So I decided to stop lurking and start posting and meeting new people with like minded goals.
  • linder4866
    Options
    :glasses: Robin – congrats on the super loss and the swimming! Yes, you are doing well; glad to hear about the progress.

:glasses: Joe – and congrats to you on giving up the soda and going for healthy beverages. Not an easy thing to do
    you’re on the right track for sure.

:glasses: Lana – sorry you’re not feeling well. I hope you are able to kick this CVFS. Sounds like a tough thing to handle. Is there any specific treatment for it?

:glasses: Teachers – hoping you all get settled in and the year isn’t one day after another with stress. But if it is, we’re here, and it’s a good place to vent! Happy and health wishes to you all.

Speaking of rants, sorry for mine earlier on. Really the web site has been difficult for me to access but also a good friend ditched our plans this morning after we’d had them in place for a week and a half with no explanation. I got steamed. I’m fine now; I don’t have many really good friends so it stings to be treated that way.

:smokin: Morgori – I found a dragon fruit today at our new mega grocery store. Hope to try it soon.

Later!

Lin
    :drinker:
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    @Robin and Lin-Thank you. No there is not specific treatment that I have been told about other than to take ibprofen for the aches and pains. I am glad that it isn't an all the time thing. I think I am going to at least try to go for a walk this evening I need to do something.

~Lana
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth, hmmmmmm well for the first time I can actually say I have completely given up soda and ONLY drink water or tea (I love tea!!) :love: Other than that I am still trying to get myself to a decent amount of compliance with my food diary and calorie intake but I am working on getting better. Home cooking still presents a little bit of a challenge trying to figure the calories but I am getting a little better. Have a great day!!! :bigsmile:

One piece of advise I can offer (I love to cook as well) measure measure measure. And I do mean MEASURE. Break out those measuring cups, spoons, food scale, the works. Pay really close attention to how much of ANYTHING you are putting in your food. After a while you won't need to measure because you will just be able to eyeball it (I am already starting to be able to eyeball liquids since I measure almond milk for my shakes every morning). Good luck!
  • KellyLyn4
    KellyLyn4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I think about all the exercise I'm going to do....a lot. About how awesome I will feel and how hard I am going to work. In fact, I'm thinking about it right now! Have not yet figured out how to turn all of this thinking into action. That may be my problem....:tongue:

Aug- Your doggies sound charming...at least the weenie gave you a heads-up on the stairs situation. My chihuahua would've hidden and let me step in it.

Update on the fires....still burning.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ok I missed a couple of days again... so I'm gonna pick up with my Wednesday wish.

This goes out to a girl I read about here on the forums. It sounds like she has an eating disorder and she's only 17. I wish her the best of luck on her journey to get healthy. It breaks my heart to read about things like this. Everyone is, of course, telling her to seek medical help for the situation. I only hope she does. I have a friend that has seen posters in the school he works in detailing what happens when someone develops an eating disorder and it causes havok in the body. I sincerely wish her the best support and help in getting healthy again before it's too late.

Thursday truth: On a less somber note... I found a recipe on here for homemade protein bars. I thought they sounded good so I made them but they taste horrible :( They're really bland and I think I wasted peanut butter, milk and oats on them. I try to choke 'em down but they're so bland!

I refuse... flat refuse to add sugar to them... or sweetner but I think I need to tweak the recipe somehow.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truths:

So today I decided that I'm throwing my scale out the window and buying another one. I seriously think something is wrong with it, because it sits at the same number EVERY DAY! It's one that you manually set to zero, and I made sure that it is exactly on zero and on a completely flat surface. However, my nurses scale tells me I've lost weight. Ugh...annoying.

Our school caught on fire yesterday (*gasp*) but nobody was injured and we were able to put the fire out quickly. The transformer that converts the energy into the school ignited down the hall from me and all of the lights down our hall went haywire. We had to unplug everything and shut off all the power to our rooms. When we got to school today, we had no air conditioning. I thank God that it was a nice cool day this morning. It was around lunch before it got fixed. The burnt smell can still be smelled down the hall and poor Ms. Vick is lucky she was in her classroom when it happened, otherwise the school might have burned down.

On top of that, my foot started swelling after my run yesterday so I've had it wrapped with an ace bandage since then. I'm hoping it is better by tomorrow, because I have 5K training and I don't plan on missing it.

I got evaluated by my assistant principal today...it's only the 3rd week of school mind you...and I think it went pretty well. I didn't put on a dog and pony show for her. I simply had my kids working in pairs on a decimal project. I walked around monitoring them like I always do and answered questions and guided them to find their own answers. I hope I get a good score.

Thursday Truth: I wish there were two of me. One to do the paperwork that comes with teaching while I actually get to teach and do the fun part. We are currently putting together these things called RDA folders and it takes up a HUGE chunk of time. We have to use our cumm folders to get the information, but can only check them out during the school day. Well I don't have time to do that AND teach. So I chose teaching over doing extra paperwork. Since my kids are working in small groups tomorrow for remediation, it looks like I'll be getting that done.

Also, I had a Diet Dr. Pepper the other day. It's been over a month since I last had a soda, but my Secret Pal left it for me and it was ICE COLD! I felt like I would be a bad pal if I didn't atleast drink it. ;)

Hope everyone has a great day! :)
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Message Boards: So does anyone jump anywhere else? I've realized I really don't. I just go straight to this thread and that's it. I find it so much more fulfilling to follow your journeys than read through the other stuff. Plus, some of the others get hung up on trivial stuff in my opinion. I get all the tips, questions asked/answered, encouragement, etc. . . that I need right here. Just curious.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Lauren, looking good! brave girl, you. i wouldn't care what i looked like i wouldn't be able to put up pics. maybe i'll get there someday :laugh:
    i haven't been doing very well the last couple of weeks. not sure where my motivation went but it's gone for the moment. i know it will come back but i'm irritated at myself.

@Toots: Been there still going through it. Not sure if its an end of summer thing or kids going back to school thing but we'll get through it. I'm just as irritated as you are with myself. Just don't give up.

yeah, i'm wondering if it's just the whole changes thing. who knows. i'm determined to recommit though.
    Toots - you'll find your mojo again! Right now, you have SO much on your plate - need I tell you? Say, how is your book coming? I know you're on a deadline with it......

ha. yeah. it's utter chaos over here. no joke. but also no excuse. i should finish writing it today, but it will need to be edited after that which has never been my strong suit. It's due September 4. So i'll definitely be 'done' but i don't know that it will be polished and 'done.' and i have no beta readers who read series mysteries. all my CP's write romance. and the pacing and feel is totally different. but i'm crossing my fingers it goes okay :laugh:
    My Wednesday wish is simple, several large fires are currently burning in my county and I wish that they could get those under control. It isn't a threat to my home (except yesterday when some wacko tried his hand at arson and lit 5 fires in our town but those were all put out in a few hours...didn't catch him though). Last report this morning was 24,000 acres burned and 50% containment of one called the Ponderosa fire. It is roughly 20 miles from me. The smoke has the whole area encompassed and I can see and smell it. The sun takes on a bright red orange color when it rises and sets because it sits behind the wall of smoke. Its really awful.

oh man, yeah. we have this issue here all the time and it's so bad. there was one time we actually thought about evacuating just because of the smoke and not from the fire. the actual fire was almost 200 miles away! the smoke was still so thick here that there were literally traffic warnings. i hope it clears up soon.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Message Boards: So does anyone jump anywhere else? I've realized I really don't. I just go straight to this thread and that's it. I find it so much more fulfilling to follow your journeys than read through the other stuff. Plus, some of the others get hung up on trivial stuff in my opinion. I get all the tips, questions asked/answered, encouragement, etc. . . that I need right here. Just curious.

I don't really, sometimes if I see interesting titles on the sidebar I'll pop over to see what its about and sometimes post comments - but for the most part I just stick right here. :smile:
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not really, though I find myself checking this a couple times a day since I joined. I find a lot of the other threads are full of bickering or people putting down either skinny or bigger people, which isnt motivating for me. I was looking for a group of people who know what im going through so when I need that push I have help, and this group looks perfect to me :D

edit - you also all inspired me to do something I hadn't before. I put my picture up here, and I also took a bunch of what I will call before shots, so when I lose more I can post some compairisons. This way maybe I will be able to see my loss too, because right now I don't see it at all.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

I check out the Success Stories, especially the ones with before and after pictures. Often they are very inspiring !
  • linder4866
    Options

Yes, I do. I'm a regular poster on another thread for older ladies and am a member of a number of groups. I try to avoid anything where folks get nasty but the groups for those with fibromyalgia, gluten free, chronic pain etc. have all been helpful to me from time to time. I visit this thread most often but I also like the success stories as Robin mentioned.