Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    yay!!!! I found the new thread!! Thank you for posting "Robins Thread" after the title because even when searching for the title it was buried among tons of other topics like it.
  • joerobbins2001
    Options

One piece of advise I can offer (I love to cook as well) measure measure measure. And I do mean MEASURE. Break out those measuring cups, spoons, food scale, the works. Pay really close attention to how much of ANYTHING you are putting in your food. After a while you won't need to measure because you will just be able to eyeball it (I am already starting to be able to eyeball liquids since I measure almond milk for my shakes every morning). Good luck!

Thanks very much!

Joe
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

@tina--if it makes you feel any better, I wasn't even slightly concerned that you might be giving up on this. No way, no how b/s YOU are a rockstar, my friend! You've just briefly lost your mojo--it happened to me for close to 6 months. Now mine's back. Wish I could tell you HOW I reclaimed it, but really, I think it was just sticking with it day after day. I also think acknowledging that it was OK that I was just going to maintain for awhile & not pressuring myself too much actually helped as well.

Thank you. I am slowly working on getting my mojo back lol that's for sure. Next week starting Monday it is ON! I am making a schedule out this week. And everyday I will have an appt to exercise. I will fit it in everyday and will make it work. Even if that means i have to get up super early to do it.
    And that's one thing I'm doing is just trying my best to stick with it and do the best I can. And I will get to where I want to be.
    Thank you for always being so encouraging!

Tina~I think making an appointment for yourself to exercise is a great idea! My life is about to get super stressful and busy - as it always does this time of year. I start to feel the walls close in around me and then everything just falls by the wayside and excuses start to accumulate. I'm worried about the stress and it hasn't even started yet, but i WILL continue with my daily workouts even if I have to go to the gym at 4am some mornings. I'm taking some supplements now that help to combat fatigue and boot my immune system, so hopefully that combined with my workouts will keep my stress at bay. We CAN do this!!! :drinker:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,106 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday - just going to keep walking this weekend. The only thing that will make that difficult is that I picked up "The Beautiful Mystery" by Louis Penny from the library and I have the urge to just sit and read and read and read. And I did read a bit of it yesterday before putting it down to walk. Unfortunately I can read for hours which isn't compatible with moving it!

BigAug--you're right, you win!! Good work on getting to the gym.

Wishing everyone a healthy weekend.

Lin
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness::: Well I have been completely lacking in that department. But this weekend I am going to make a schedule that I am going to follow Monday thru Friday. I'm going to get back at it and start losing again!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Tina
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kris - glad you are feeling better after your surgery and hope you can start Just Dance soon. :flowerforyou:

Tina - I wasn't thinking about that big of a reward. More of a mani/pedi or a massage. Just do something nice for yourself other than eating.

sicoe - welcome - glad you stopped lurking and started posting - good start !

janak - I love a cold diet dr. pepper as an occasional treat too!

Toots - what's a beta reader - can I volunteer to help?

Laurie - I think tap dancing would ROCK. It looks tres difficile

Annie - great run - 45 min is awesome!

CathEsh - take your weight from a "down" day, regardless if its Sat or Sunday.

jtconst - if you absolutely don't want to consume some calories some evenings, don't - even if MFP says you'll go into starvation mode. Its ok to do once in a while. You'll cure your nitely grazing habit that way and start eating breakfast earlier as a result. It will all even out pretty soon.

LamyPie - sorry you don't have a cure for your migraines - that's tough to deal with.

Nichols - mental blocks ARE weird, aren't they? You probably have it because the free weights are just you and the weights and you are feeling more exposed than on the machines. You might have a sense of awkwardness and of not being in control. I think that will pass the more you work at it. :flowerforyou:

Kah - congrats on losing the vacation weight so fast!

mimiflame - welcome to a great thread. You'll get great support here. Its all in how often you visit and post to the thread.

jpuderbaugh - welcome back - glad you found us!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

a beta reader is a person who reads a book after it's been edited and critted but before it's been sent in. it's someone designed to read a basically completed book and look for anything that stands out and generally what they think.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try my hand at running on the treadmill for the first time in a long time tonight. I won't be able to run this weekend since we have a lot of things going on. Wish me luck.
    Thanks
    Doug
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

a beta reader is a person who reads a book after it's been edited and critted but before it's been sent in. it's someone designed to read a basically completed book and look for anything that stands out and generally what they think.

Hmmm..........I used to edit a lot of grants. And I love mysteries. I can catch mistakes quite well. Do you want a volunteer - if so I'm available.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,106 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try my hand at running on the treadmill for the first time in a long time tonight. I won't be able to run this weekend since we have a lot of things going on. Wish me luck.
    Thanks
    Doug

You got it Doug!!! GOOD LUCK.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Tina~I think making an appointment for yourself to exercise is a great idea! My life is about to get super stressful and busy - as it always does this time of year. I start to feel the walls close in around me and then everything just falls by the wayside and excuses start to accumulate. I'm worried about the stress and it hasn't even started yet, but i WILL continue with my daily workouts even if I have to go to the gym at 4am some mornings. I'm taking some supplements now that help to combat fatigue and boot my immune system, so hopefully that combined with my workouts will keep my stress at bay. We CAN do this!!! :drinker:

I'm feeling the same way, even if I have to get up super early that's what I'll do! Although 4:30 is SO early :( But that would be 2-3 days a week. The days my husband works I'd have to get up at 4:30. The other days 6 would do. We CAN and ARE doing this!

@Robin:::: Well I did just recently buy some new shorts and a shirt, so I have gotten rewards. My mind just isn't in it at this moment. But it is now!!!!!! Monday here I come!!!
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness - my 11 year-old son has been nagging me to use my crazy expensive new running shoes and this morning I finally did! Went out with him and did (slow) jog/walk intervals until I was winded. Didn't take long unfortunately, but I have to remember that I'm a lot heavier than I was last time I ran. Can't wait to try it again!

michelle
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello folks and happy Friday. Just wanted to say congratulations to all the success stories on here. You are all awesome and an inspiration for everyone when the going gets rough. Conversely my sympathies to those that are struggling. I feel your pain but you are all super people and I know you can do this.

So Friday fitness goal: I think I got this no problem today. My mom and I are taking the grandkids to the county fair today. Hours of walking and walking and walking. But it will be awesome fun and I have already planned my food choices and while I might go over a little it shouldnt be to bad.

Heres to hoping everything goes well and you all have a great day. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The scale likes to kick me when I'm down. I officially gained a pound. I know it's not much, but seeing as how this is the first time I've officially gained since I started, it's a little depressing. Not really sure what to do. I figured out yesterday that my workouts may be to blame. I'm on the bike, pedaling away. I always set it for random hill, keep my rpm's above 80 on the downhill/flats and get up to 90 or above for up the hills. Then I check my heart rate once the hill is over. Normally, it gets up to about 150, yesterday, I barely made it to 140, but I was sweating as much as normal and thought I was breathing hard. I also upped my weights to 2x's a week instead of one. So yeah, that could be it I suppose. Just being this large it's not easy to take a gain of any kind.

Friday Fitness: Have a birthday party tonight, so no working out for me, although we could walk there, but our Saturday's lately have consisted of a lot of walking to do geocaching, so I'll get some work in there. Sunday is rest day. Then to get back in gear and get rid of this stupid pound, plus some. I've come too far to fail now!
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness - been going to the gym every other day and doing a half hour on the elliptical. Keeping my heart rate above 155 and so far its working. My weight fluctuated a bit today but this week I have lost 2lbs! My weekends are all over the place and I rarely have them off with my husband (once every 3 weeks) but I have been doing pretty good on my weekends making sure I stick to my goal. Next weekend may be a bit harder as I want to drag him to Disneyland (I live in socal and have a pass, so we go a lot) and the food their is a bit richer, but the one thing I have going for me that's rather nice is that when im walking a lot, I don't really feel like eating too much, and if I want a snack, those pickles they have there are FANTASTIC!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all, hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling a little better and my walk went well this morning. Went to Wendy's for breakfast with a friend and had their cranberry and pecan oatmeal without the brown sugar and it was good. Congrats to all those with successes this week.

Friday fitness will be to increase the mailbox walks to 6 days a week.

Have a great day all. No personals right now as son wants to use my computer, so I'll be back later.

Christine
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    When I was in Alaska I had this amazing salad - so it was my goal to make a healthier version and I think I've done that. The combination of romaine, chicken breast, green apples, reduced fat feta, walnuts, dried cranberries, and low-fat raspberry vinaigrette has been delicious for lunch this week.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @jtconst - I know what you mean... it seemed like a couple of months ago, I put anything into my mouth and it was 500 or 1000 calories, didn't fill me up, slowed me down, and it was always too much! Now I have to work hard to get up to my calories! I do some dried (no sugar added) fruit each day. 5 prunes is around 100 calories- not too filling, but still oh so good for me. Lasagna cupcakes sounds tasty too! :)

@vidvox/Michelle - I cut out most junk from my diet. I didn't tell myself I couldn't have it in moderation, I just found that the more unprocessed stuff I added (lots more fruits & veggies) the less I wanted the other foods. I have found a new love of fish, stay away from most potato products and don't do a lot of breads, unless they are nutrient dense. Usually, if I tell myself I can't have something then I want it more. So I told myself I can have what I want, and I don't want the junk (mostly). I would definitely find a sub for the sweetened tea- unless you use local honey to sweeten it. There are all sorts of benefits to a small amount of local honey- especially if you suffer from allergies, like me. This gal explains it pretty well- I'm no expert, but I feel like it helps- http://naturalremedysite.blogspot.com/2009/11/8-health-benefits-of-locally-grown-raw.html GREAT job trying out your new runners!!! Keep going girl!!! :drinker:

@nicholsvj - I have a hard time with the gym... I can't seem to get past my mental block to even get there, so I am super impressed that you go! Keep it as a habit, and eventually, the insecurities will melt away. When I can get my tushy in the front door, I will be telling myself what I am telling you! :wink: Keep it up! :drinker:

@Kelley - YAY on getting rid of that 2#! I hope you feel better and can get cracking on those more intense workouts. It seems you like to stay challenged- which is awesome! One of my pals on here does a lot of water jogging- not sure if that's too much- but it sounds like a great workout. I am SO making that salad! Sounds tasty. I love adding fruit to my salads. I do a cabbage, pepita, raisin, with balsamic vinaigrette that is really tasty.

@Robin - You are doing fabulous with your goals of exercise! I am so inspired by your dedication! Keep going! :flowerforyou:

@LAMypie- Break out the tape measure- but mostly, don't let that silly number on the scale get you down! It sounds like you are working hard, and likely building some muscle. You should be proud of that- regardless of what the evil scale says! You are doing fabulous!!! I am excited for the day I can say I lost over 30 lbs!!! Keep up the hard work and it WILL pay off! :happy:

Friday fitness - Today I was going to buy Tae Bo, since I am down to 220 (I haven't seen 220 in at least 10 years), it was meant to be a reward for sticking to the plan. As I was laying in bed, pondering my options, I started doing some leg lifts. My legs were really shaky and I definitely feel a burn from it.... so perhaps my muscles will appreciate me starting a little slower. Maybe Tae Bo should be for when I plateau, to give me that extra push? Or I will just do the leg lifts until it becomes easy... then throw something else into the mix. (I may be just typing everything I am thinking lol... sorry) Indecision is one of my challenges that I need to overcome. :laugh:

I hope you all have fabulous and healthy plans for the weekend! If they aren't one or the other, then make them that way. You have the choice! :drinker:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

Hmmm..........I used to edit a lot of grants. And I love mysteries. I can catch mistakes quite well. Do you want a volunteer - if so I'm available.

sure! thanks. if you want to pm me your email addy i'll send it your way as soon as i'm done with edits. it will likely be in the area of one week. thanks again.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    When I was in Alaska I had this amazing salad - so it was my goal to make a healthier version and I think I've done that. The combination of romaine, chicken breast, green apples, reduced fat feta, walnuts, dried cranberries, and low-fat raspberry vinaigrette has been delicious for lunch this week.

That sounds delicious! Going to have to get the ingredients!