Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Today was sort of hard the morning went ok but time right before lunch 3 of our clients just came to crazy meltdowns etc it went down hill from there. Got home took my daughter for her appointments and just now got home. My brain at this moment is just shutdown.

Wednesday wish for a calmer day tomorrow. I am wishing also for a new laptop.

Wishing everyone a good evening

Liz
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals - to try to stay under my calorie goals every day this week. Somewhat of a challenge due to awful work schedule. Also to make it to the gym once more day this week.

Wednesday Wish - that Time Warner Cable finally manages to get my internet working the way it's supposed to, without me having to call them weekly to reestablish the connection between my modem and router. I'm so sick of them telling me everything's fixed when it's not. They're charging me $39 to come out and they had better get it right this time.

Sorry no time for personals today. Fighting with my internet connection has taken up my entire day.
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Well today was a busy day but I did get in my walk. Yeah me! I told myself that I am not gonna let my school work get in the way of my food and exercise plan. (At least as much as possible, I know there will be days that it may not be feasible; just like any other day.) So I went 2 miles and I was tired after too. Usually I'm more awake or kinda energized. I think it has to do with my new schedule.Cause I had gotten up at 530AM yesterday and then went to sleep late and still got up at 730 this morning. Ugh! I tried to go back sleep but, I couldn't.

Anyway my goals.... To get to the end of the week not completely exhausted. And to get to the end of the month with what little food I have left in the house. Creative food idea time starts now. Also I don't have a lot of healthy stuff left. Mostly Spam and Ramen.

Have a good one!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.

It seems I missed a lot while on vacation, I cannot even begin to attempt to catch up. Welcome to any newlings that have stopped by in recent weeks.

I had a most fabulous time in Alaska – the weather was fantastic and cruising definitely agrees with me. :laugh: I hated coming home and returning to reality yesterday. I did put on 3# while gone, which in the grand scheme of things I thought was pretty good. I tried to make healthier meal choices and refrain from overdoing it on sweets, etc. The good news is that I did a lot of walking – trainer is hitting me pretty hard with our sessions right now though, I hurt everywhere! :happy:

Kelley
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I ran again last night and almost didn't make the entire 3 mile loop. Not sure why but my energy was a little down. I made it the entire loop though but I'm taking tonight off to go to a Bengals game with my son. Should be fun! The tickets were free through his league so thats even more of a bonus. Anyway I weighed this morning and I'm back in the 270's(279 even) so that makes all the running and water drinking even more worth it.
    I hope everyone has a great day today.
    Finish strong!
    Doug
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Its a great morning - got on the scale and lost 2 lbs! :blushing: Have been doing wall push-ups on days I am not swimming to get arms stronger - will swim today and concentrate on total body exercises.

Thursday truth = I'm so happy since I re-commited to this lifestyle. Still have some moments of longing in the evening when I want to snack and can't, but I enjoy now the sensation of being hungry and cooking scrambled eggs w/cheese for myself in the morning. I never used to eat breakfast, or if I did it was just useless carbs, not protein. I love me some protein now!
  • kah68
    Options
    Its a great morning - got on the scale and lost 2 lbs! :blushing: Have been doing wall push-ups on days I am not swimming to get arms stronger - will swim today and concentrate on total body exercises.

Thursday truth = I'm so happy since I re-commited to this lifestyle. Still have some moments of longing in the evening when I want to snack and can't, but I enjoy now the sensation of being hungry and cooking scrambled eggs w/cheese for myself in the morning. I never used to eat breakfast, or if I did it was just useless carbs, not protein. I love me some protein now!

Love this!!! :flowerforyou: The weight loss is just one piece of the puzzle, its amazing the other things that fall into place along the way.
  • kah68
    Options
    I ran again last night and almost didn't make the entire 3 mile loop. Not sure why but my energy was a little down. I made it the entire loop though but I'm taking tonight off to go to a Bengals game with my son. Should be fun! The tickets were free through his league so thats even more of a bonus. Anyway I weighed this morning and I'm back in the 270's(279 even) so that makes all the running and water drinking even more worth it.
    I hope everyone has a great day today.
    Finish strong!
    Doug

@Doug~I think we all have days where those workouts are harder than others. Kudos to you for finishing - remember its not how quickly we finish that run or race, but that we finish. Have a great time at the game!

Kelley
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    Thursday truth, hmmmmmm well for the first time I can actually say I have completely given up soda and ONLY drink water or tea (I love tea!!) :love: Other than that I am still trying to get myself to a decent amount of compliance with my food diary and calorie intake but I am working on getting better. Home cooking still presents a little bit of a challenge trying to figure the calories but I am getting a little better. Have a great day!!! :bigsmile:
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options

That's fantastic, Robin!! Congratulations on the weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    @Annie: Nice Run lady...Can't wait until I can even "RUN":blushing:
    @RobinsEgg: NIce Loss Ma'am....NICE:flowerforyou: I :heart: swimming...One of my favorite things to do.
    @Doug: Dude....YOU CAN RUN:happy: The Distance will come and then you're "short run" will be 3miles...Great Job:drinker:
    Thursday Truth: I've been under calories, but can't seem to find an exercise I like.....I get bored very easy....:blushing: tried Curves, tried walking, I have an epiliptical, that I have not used yet....It is in my garage untouched:blushing: I will try it tonight when I get off work, and report how it went later....I honestly think I am just lazy:sad:
    Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Blessed!:heart:
    patty
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth::: I haven't lost my motivation. But something isn't right with the way I'm thinking about things. Like the first time yesterd in over a year I thought basically this "it's so much easier to just not worry and eat what I want" I mean I didn't think those exact words. But close. Basically I thought It's just much easier to not care. But I care. I still do. I just need to find my way back. I'm slowly getting there. It's like starting all over again. Maybe that's the way I should look at it?

I know TOM is affecting me horribly right now. When that comes around so do my depressed feelings and I get even more emotional than I already am. I am working on getting insurance as my daughter just got kicked off hers. So we need to get her insurance so might as well get me some too.

I haven't exercised regularly in a couple of weeks. This weekend I'm going to sit down and schedule a workout routine. As far as times and what I'm going to do. I want to get back to running. I am thinking about doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 again....just worried about my knee starting to hurt again, guess we will just see. I was exercising 5 days a week religiously. And I think what has happened is I have just been going and going and focusing so much on losing weight that maybe I somehow felt burned out. Either way I'm getting back at it.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Annie: Congrats on your run! That's amazing!
    Robin: Congrats on your loss!
    Doug: You are doing SO amazing with your running. Can't wait to see how you do with the 5k, you'll do amazing I know!

Sorry to everyone else, just no time to catch up those 3 just jumped out at me.

Tina
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Kelley - You were missed!!! Great job on the vacation- glad you had fun and it sounds like you did okay :) When I travel, I also retain water pretty bad, so that may be part of your 3#.

@Dough - I can't wait for the day when I say, "I ran again last night and almost didn't make the entire 3 mile loop." Your "almost didn't" is my dream :):drinker:

@Robin - I am SO incredibly happy for you! You are an inspiration to me in so many ways. :flowerforyou:

@joerobbins - It sounds like you are conquering your obstacles on the way to good health. I know soda has got to be hard... I only "cut back" on lattes, and have a hard time most days. Way to go!

@Patty - I took Robin's advice that she posted awhile back about teaching myself to love exercise, so now I crave it. I am going to buy Tae Bo this weekend. I used to have the original VHS, and just know that the "new" one will keep things interesting. I hope you find something that keeps you from getting bored. :smile:

Thursday truth: I have been having to force myself to eat in the evenings lately. Last night, I had to have a protein drink and some prunes, to get me even close to my calorie goal. That has become pretty routine for me. Though I did have some cravings yesterday, I did not cave. I only had a couple small bites of my kid's burrito. I am trying a couple of things different today- I am not having a big cabbage salad (I usually add some type of protein) for lunch, but a lean cuisine thing, cheese stick, and pineapple. Maybe if I save my salad for dinner, it will help.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday!!! Keep on keepin on! Don't forget the water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I am grumpy. Yep I said grumpy. We are traveling this weekend to see my family, so bring on the drama baby, cuz you know I love me some drama. Next week my better half starts back to school, which means that she devolves emotionally to high school. She has told me a thousand times, "You are not my father, you can't tell me what to do!" Well I'm not her mother either, and definitely not her maid. That's 2 rants in a row. I'll try to avoid making it a trifecta.

Dale the greyhound says to me this morning, "Hey bub." (He calls me bub) "Get the leash and let's get to steppin,' I got business needs doin!" Then DannyBoy the wiener said, "I'm glad you're up someone pooped on the stairs."

aug
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love reading about how well so many of you are doing. Although it makes me feel like even more of a failure than I did before I got on today... We have 2 scales in our home. One upstairs in the bathroom, the other down here stored under the couch. I don't officially weigh in until tomorrow, but I decided to see if I'm even close to a loss...Well, the upstairs shows I've lost almost 2 lbs, but the downstairs shows a 2 lb gain. I weighed within 5 mins of each, empty stomach both times, same clothes. I understand that not all scales are the same, but almost 4 lb difference? A few weeks ago, they said the exact same thing...I don't get it, but the downstairs one is the one I've been using to record my weight, so I will continue, but it's more than frustrating!!! I don't know what to do. My last 2 weigh ins were a wash because of TOM, and that's fine. But it looks like I'm looking at a gain AGAIN, and there is no excuse this time. I've been working out. I've been eating below my calories, but not too below. Not any more than I have been. My headaches have returned with a vengence. I've been working out despite them, but they aren't going away, or getting better. I'm getting pretty discouraged, and I don't know what I can do to turn things around.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Robin, so gratz on the weight loss and positive attitude.

Lauren, pics are awesome, so glad you did this.

Morogi-sorry about your FIL(?), will pray for him

Well that is about it for my memory!

Thursday truth, I want to eat a whole package of cookies, at least I resisted buying any at the store yesterday and I really cannot trust myself to portion them out.

Rebecca
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth(TMI WARNING!): One of the reasons why I am trying to get healthy and lose weight is so I can shave my legs more often. I wear pants all the time because I am embarrassed by how fat my thighs are, and I have a teeny tiny shower and cannot bend over and reach my toes. Sure I could pay for waxing, but it's really expensive. I would like to be able to wear shorts with gorgeous smooth legs.
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @robin - congrats on your loss!

Thursday Truth - I thought this was going to be worse. The last time I started, I counted calories sure, but I didn't really DO it. I mean, I didn't think about the stuff I was eating on top of how much. Honestly, I will still have a cheeseburger now and again, but in the house theres way less carbs and way more veggies. I made chicken with asparagus and it was DIVINE! I can't believe how for the longest time I thought eating healthy would taste gross, like healthier foods had no flavor at all or that I couldn't find interesting ways to cook them (I love to cook). Man was I wrong.
  • andreabeatty
    Options
    @Aug - Fondant works best at room temperature. The one you'd make from scratch can be finicky, so if weather or storage is questionable I usually stick with premade. Wilon is readily available and works well. There are other good ones out there but they are very pricey and sometimes hard to find. I have the luxury of several bakery supplies on the Island, plus I can always shoot to the City if I have to. If you're ever bored I have a gallery of cakes on my Facebook account. Same name, I have no originality whatsoever.

@Karen - I start in just under two weeks. I usually manage to skip the entire first meeting morning of the year, because my office is where all the fun stuff gets sent, like grade books and manila folders. SO I use the excuse I want to hide - I mean distribute - all that and move other orders that arrived out of the way. However this year we have a new director who I havent met yet (My sister DECLINED the job, thank goodness) so I may get stuck.

Yesterday I had a good breakfast but went with my husband to a dermatologist appt I forced him into and he wound up needing a biopsy on his back. SO we were offf schedule and got home around 5:30 and at 6 pm he had made chicken cakes. Like crab cakes, but chicken. I love him. Anyway, I had 2 chicken cakes, and when I said, "thank you for dinner" His response was, "Was that dinner? Its so early. I though we'd go get pizza later ".

See? This s what you get when you get yourself a chef.

He does NOT get it.

I didn't really eat again, I had some fruit a little later and a lot of water. And some goldfish, I have to admit to the goldfish. He ate leftover sausage and peppers he had made, another chicken cake, key lime pie and a bag of cheetos.

I got another glass of water.

He's seriously my biggest barrier to maintaining any sort of regular eating routine int he summer. But if I say no, his feelings get hurt. He thinks if I turn down his food I am turning him down. I think I should smack him.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    @vinson No, I had it in a seperate little container, but all of it in my thermal lunch box in the fridge. Maybe the ice pack would have helped keep it crunchy. It was so disappointing because dinner last night was so good, but today it was so disappointing.

Did it already have dressing on it? That could have been the issue too. I always keep my dressing in another container til I'm ready to eat. Also if I am making the salad, i.e. chopping lettuce, cucumbers, etc., I won't do it til the morning because it seems that will help the lettuce to wilt quicker too.

@Bigaug I love that your dogs talk to you.

@everyones success I am very happy for you!

@All women suffering from TOM.. I know what you mean it is evil. I always get super emotional like so badly that i start crying when talking to my mom about how sorry i was that she had to make my lunch one morning because I was running late... i always feel so bad for my boyfriend around that time because anything could set me off. He is really good about it though and is always really nice to me. I also get horrible and I mean horrible cramps. I am in such pain and the pain makes me sooooo nauseous. I was once on something called Nepralin (SP?) oh it worked wonders but then we got switched to a diff doctor and she wouldn't prescribe it for me and really nothing short of vicodin helps fully relieve the pain.

@LAMypie your headaches might have something to do with your eyes. Maybe need glasses or something like that.

Thursday truth...I have not worked out yet this week because I have been so tired and have not been feeling well. I think my CVFS (chronic viral fatigue syndrome) is making another round. When I had it the first time I was out of school for a week right after a huge marching band competition and homecoming (on the same day). I literally slept almost that entire week, only waking up for the doctor or to use the restroom or eat, though my mom had to wake me up to do those things. I was told that it could take a few days to months to go away but could make a return at any time and I think it is because the past 2 weeks have been fairly stressful. Trust me I want to work out but I just don't have the drive to and I feel so bad that every night my sister asks if we're going to work out or if i want to go on a walk with her. It breaks my heart that I have let her down so many nights since she's been home. I've been in bed and ready to sleep by 10 every night and i don't get up til 7, I do wake up a few times but it's normally to turn over or something like that. I get plenty of sleep. I haven't eaten too badly lately. I'm getting good protein for the most part so I am pretty sure it is my CVFS...

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

~Lana