Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had rain ALL weekend, but the Atlanta Falcons won the NFC Championship so our city is happy. I’m not a big football fan so I guess I really didn’t care one way or the other, but it’s good for the city.

@Misnomer – While you may not have felt great about the Baked Cheetos on Thursday, kudos for not grabbing a brownie or cookie. At least you made a decent choice so always look at the positive.

@Campfire – Love the attitude about getting in steps no matter the conditions. As I was driving to work today in the drizzle, I saw folks out running. My first thought “Are they nuts?” I then thought “No, they’re not. They’re getting it done no matter what.” This needs to be my mantra.

@RobinB – A familiar face!! It’s so good to see you again. I look forward to catching up and supporting one another again.

@Damensha – I’m glad your Dr’s appointment went well. I know there’s always some uncertainty when we head into those appointments. Hope the lab work should good results as well.

@Nikion901 – Thanks for the welcome back! I’ve really missed the group. I’ve heard it’s changed a bit, but still glad to see the same thread. It was a great support before so I’m sure it will be going forward. I guess that’s why I stepped away for a while. I was more worried about posting and keeping up my daily check-in than what was really going on with this journey. I’m in a better place now and have found a balance.

@Gullagr – Great job on the workouts!! I wish I could motivate myself. I’ve had a gym membership for YEARS, but just can’t push myself. I need a small group class to really push me. I joined a place that I’m loving, but basically offers all HIT classes. It’s really worked well for me and seems to give me the right push I need. It’s not cheap, which is the bad part, but it’s almost like small group personal training. But super proud of what you’re accomplishing.

@pneschich – I’m not sure if you saw my earlier post, but I had the sleeve done on 11/21. All bariatric doctors are a little different, but my doctor bases it on your BMI. I had a 3-week pre-op liquid diet before my surgery to help reduce my fatty liver. After surgery, I had one week of clear liquid and then 2 weeks of soft liquids. It was AWFUL, but I would not change any of it as it was part of the process and preparing me for surgery and this journey afterwards. I found a protein powder called Genepro. It’s a medical grade protein and 1 Tablespoon is 30 grams. It’s unflavored so you can add it to anything. It really helped to boost my protein and keep me going. It’s not’s cheap and I found mine on Amazon. Just remember your long term goal. I eat about 800-900 calories a day, but get between 90-100 grams of protein and keep carbs under 30. Really watch your carbs because that’s all sugar and ultimately fat. While I love fruit, it’s pretty high in carbs so I do limit those.

@timjmartin – To some extent, I’ll have to agree to disagree. I use to say don’t deny myself, but unfortunately this is what got me to 319 lbs. Once I started I couldn’t stop. For now, I’m just staying away until I take this weight off. I elected to have bariatric surgery, the sleeve, while people can still eat whatever they want in small amounts I have elected not to. With that said, I have chosen to eat clean. I hardly eat any processed foods and focus all on protein and veggies with very limited carbs. It works for me, but I do agree everyone has to find what will work for them. This is not a short term goal, but my life journey going forward.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @susan2396 thanks for the encouragement! Today was supposed to be my surgery day. I finished my 6 months in October ready to go in November then clerical errors happened and 3 long months and just under 15 lbs gained my liver is fatty again. 4 days in and an email to the nutritionist I've lost 5+ in the last 2 days. I get lightheaded and shaky in the afternoon. I need a snack with more than a cheese stick and a small little pile of nuts.
    On the plus side I'm walking again. Going slow for about 2 miles every other day about 20 min miles. I'm not going to push it up in speed or distance for another week if all stays well. Solved my gym dilemma, i ordered dumbells on amazon prime. 105 lbs- free delivery!
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @pneschich - My suggestion for a protein packed snack that might help as a pick me up in the afternoon would be canned tuna. I know it's something that people tend to have either a love or hate relationship with (personally I love it!) but a whole can of light tuna in water is only 100 calories but has 24g of protein! I'm also a fan of the price :)

Welcome to @lldavidson63, @dizzybizzy5, and @1fralick :)

Monday Check In - I have so much energy!!!!! 8 days in a row of morning gym sessions and I can't get over the difference in how I'm feeling. I have little to no problem waking up to my 6am alarm, I am getting much better and more restful sleep, and I just feel happier throughout the day :) Also I crushed my weekly step goal and ended up clocking in over 80,000 steps last week. I did cheat on my no alcohol rule and had a beer (was very hard to limit to just 1) but I made sure it was on a weight lifting day when I allot myself more carbs and it didn't send me over my carbs or my calorie counts.

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In ... The past week saw a 4.2 lb average weight loss over the week before as of the Sunday weigh-in I take for the weight-loss challenges I'm enrolled in here on MFP.

I have found that I lose weight if I can
    1- maintain a caloric deficit on average, greatly reduce the amount of any flour based baked good, especially those that involve the inclusion of sweeteners and fats on the ingredients list.
    2 - eat less frequently throughout any 24 hour period ... 2 meals and one snack. I have found, for myself, that spreading the same number of calories over many small meals does not work for me. I actually need to be in a non-fed state to lose weight.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I'm new to the group and about 20lbs into a 155lb weight loss.

This weekend, I was definitely off the eating plan and as a result was up 2lbs on the scale this week, from a 5lb loss last week. I'm hoping to drop at least 6lbs this week including the 2lb that I gained, I'm hoping it was mostly water weight.
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Everyone, Thank You for all the positive comments!

@gullagr – Way to get your Fit On!!

@pneschich - I’m so happy that you’ve been able to take off “the boot” and get some walking in! It really sucks about your surgery being postponed, but You’ve Got This! Another month is just a drop in the bucket compared to being healthy for the rest of your life! I’m a big apples and peanut butter fan, and you can get the PB1 or other powdered peanut products and just dip apple pieces into the powder. I also love doing “marinated” carrots in a snack bag with a tablespoon or two of Fat Free Italian dressing, throw them into my lunch bag and I’ve got a filling snack with some good flavor to boot.

@Misnomer971 - Congratulations on your hard work being noticed!

@timjmartin23 - “lose 1 lb. 100 times” I like that philosophy!

@MermaidPrincessRach – reading your post from yesterday made me just say, “It IS Always worth it!” out loud! Thank You for the pep talk!!!

@lldavidson63 @dizzybizzy5 @1fralick – Welcome Aboard!! We’re all in the same boat here and we paddle together!

@susan2396 – I hope y’all got through the storms Ok! Some friends In South GA are without power and have lots of limbs/trees down, but otherwise ok. We just got rain and some high winds over here around the Ham, but South AL also got a good bit of damage. BTW, it’s good to see another familiar face! Welcome back!

@Nikion901 – Congrats on your loss! We’ve all got to do what works for us. WTG!

@LBxLB – Welcome Aboard! IMHO, the weight loss curve is a myth… It should be called the Weight Loss Mountain Range. No one loses on a perfect curve, we lose, we gain, we lose again, and we Keep Going! Good luck this week! You Can Do It!

Monday Check In - I believe the pregnant ladies were trying to Kill us this weekend at work! This was the busiest weekend I can remember in a very long time! We delivered around 50 babies in 60 hours, it was Crazy! Perhaps it was the storms that moved through our area that got things all out of whack, but WHEW! I did get my steps in at least! LOL! I Finally got a chance to look at my labwork and read the message from my doctor about my visit last week. As I thought, My A1C was elevated to 6.9 (which is the highest I've been so far), Cholesterol was high, and my Vitamin D level was pretty low as well. So now it's back to doing blood sugars on the regular, Adding yet another pill to my routine, Really watching my carb intake (Wish I'd have looked at my numbers BEFORE I had that bagel and eggs for breakfast!) and getting out and doing more exercise. I was placed on Welbutrin last week for my depression, and thankfully the only side effect I've noticed so far was it's a bit harder to get to sleep, and maybe just a teeny bit of appetite suppression. Only problem with that is that I'm waking up famished and could eat anything in sight! I think I'm going to get back in the routine of doing make ahead steel cut oatmeal for breakfast for the "slow" carbs that will hopefully help snag up some of that extra cholesterol and keep me full for longer in the mornings/evenings when I wake up. I hope everyone has a Great Week!!!! Now to get off my duff and out into the world! OH, AND I’ve lost 4 lb since my last weigh in! Woot!

Jenn V :smile:
  • 1fralick
    1fralick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Damensha and @gullagr for the welcome.... Trying to get to "know" you all ... Lots of good energy and support here.... Was at 265# last November ...broke the 200 and have fiddled with the same 4 pounds terrified of the 200..

Anyway @LBxLB .. Great loss so far and motivation to get back

@Nikion901 funny how individualized our needs are for weight loss.
    @pneschich .. Walking is moving.... I started at a 20 min mile. Over time got it to 16min hurt my back. Now on a bike... Miss walking

Everyone have a good night.... Really grateful to being here
  • pneschich
    Options
    @1fralick yes it is and I am happy to be doing it again. 3 months of plantar fasciitis and no walking. Easing myself back into it. My dog wouldn't forgive me if we had to stop again.

On this 1000 calorie intake and I am dropping weight. Lost 4.5 last night. Totally unsustainable and the re-entry to solid food -yikes. Two protein shakes a yogurt and another fun 100 calorie snack. Protein and non starchy vegetables for dinner. A small Gatorade g2 and 1/2 a cup of chicken broth too. Day four and dinner made me queasy. Grilled chicken and a pile of greens
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hey all...

I haven't been posting much lately because I've just been feeling out of it. I decided earlier this week that it's time to wean my son completely. So the last few nights have been out of our normal routine, since he was only nursing at bedtime. I didn't realize this thing that I was starting to feel was such a painful chore was going to be something I ended up being sad about stopping. I think I'm just sad to see that chapter end because it means he's growing up on me, just way to quickly. 15 months old, and it has gone by so fast.

It just happens to coincide with that 50 pound milestone. That huge milestone that seems to be where I feel like "haven't I done enough?!" and start mentally berating myself constantly for not making more progress. I don't know what it is about 50 pounds gone, but it really messes with my head.

I've been doing alright with food, but I haven't been exercising. I'm hoping getting my running shoes and my replacement Fitbit (the heart rate sensor failed after 2 weeks on the other) will help push me back into being more active. I need to get off my butt and move more!
  • pneschich
    Options
    Day 5 1000 calories. Not so bad but it's not dark yet. That's when it gets hard. Walked a mile and a half this morning. About 18 minute miles, nice and easy. Foot feels good, moving feels good. I didn't weigh myself today so I don't know how much more I lost. Except for the starvation I feel fine...
  • 1fralick
    Options
    Hello....did bike,treadmill and Pilates this am... Rethinking my calories breakdown ... Do fine all day but dinner on think I am heavy there and too lite during the day . I did take the time to do a menu and grocery list for 2weeks. Spent part of the weekend doing some cooking. Made cauliflower tots and some other recipes with lo carb substitutions. That did help as I wasn't falling back to easy quick stuff. Will give it another go this weekend

@pneschich is it foot surgery you are waiting on? That is so painful... How did you choose the 1000 calories ?

@Damensha I tried Contrave for a few months. It had Wellbutrin in it. It did help with appetite.... But it kept my pulse too high and I chose to go off it as even with a change in my meds the pulse stayed up there.. Sleep,was ok.

@FeraFilia I love my Fitbit...congrats on the milestone... Sorry about it messing with you

Have a great evening...

• pneschich
    Options
    @1fralick gastric sleeve surgery. 1000 calories to reshrink my liver, Doctor ordered. I gained almost 15 lbs (lost 50 )and had to delay my procedure. Long ugly story. Bad November MIL cancer and a broken hip. Holidays, 2 insurance denials, plantar fasciitis, just a touch of stress (eating). Hopefully no foot surgery.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been so out of the loop lately. A week ago Saturday I awoke in the middle of the night with a fever and sinus infection. When I tried to make my way to the kitchen to get some water, I got dizzy and fainted. Fortunately, I managed to grab onto something sturdy and didn't go down too hard, but my legs twisted under me in a weird way. Long story short, over a week later, my left knee is still very tender. Basically, I strained my MCL and am still recovering from the sinus thing as well.

Needless to say, exercise has been minimal. No gym, no real exercise at all other than walking the dog the past couple of days as my knee has finally allowed.

On the plus side, I've been really good with my food intake. Only one really off day this past Friday, and even so I'm 3 lbs down from the start of the year. My plan is to keep the nutrition in check and start exercising again as soon as I can. May be able to do the elliptical of stationary bike within the next few days.

@pneschich --I really admire your dedication in the face of so many obstacles. I know at one point your commitment to the sleeve surgery, but I think everything you are doing to get it proves you really want it.

@1fralick --Sounds like you are doing great with the lo carb route. I recently saw a recipe for cauliflower cheesy "bread" sticks that looked delicious!

@FeraFilia --my magic number was 60 lbs. I made it there and now have backslid by about 15 lbs. that I'm working to correct. I figure as long as I keep trying I will get past this hurdle. You will too. :smile:

@Damensha --Wow, that's a lot of babies!! There aren't a lot of foods that are off limits for me, but I rarely find a bagel worth the high calories and carbs. They are just way too hard to fit into my calorie allowance. :(

@niki-- great to see you pop in!

@gullagr --I've had a craving for tuna for the past week and your post pushed me over the edge. I will be making some soon. Congrats on that step goal!! That's impressive.

@susan-- Love seeing your smiling face back on here!!

Lots of other newlings --welcome to you all!

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day. It was chilly this morning for Atlanta around 30, but bright and sunny day ahead hopefully high 60’s/low 70’s. Perfect day!!! I’ve had a decent week. Works really picked up with projects, RFP’s, and product cuttings, but trying to push through. Date night tonight with a guy friend. We’re going to see Hidden Figures, which I’ve heard so many great things. Can’t wait. I did a HIT & Run class on Monday. Ironically, there’s no running, but hard core cardio for 35 minutes straight. I don’t think my heart rate was under 165 the whole time. Today at lunch I’m doing a HIT & Legs, which means I’ll be sore just squatting to potty. LOL!!! Had a stall since New Years Eve, but the scale finally moved. Thank goodness.

@pneschich – Sorry you’ve had to go through so much just to get your surgery. I know when it’s covered by insurance there can be so many more details involved. Since I paid out of pocket (or I should say went into debt), I didn’t have to wait. Have you ever tried Genepro? It’s a medical grade protein powder. 1 tablespoon is 30 grams of protein. I use that with a scoop of Isopure Chocolate in a morning shake. 50 grams of protein right off the bat. It really keeps me satisfied throughout my whole morning. I liked the suggestion @gullagr made of the protein pack. Tuna is a great option for quick protein, but it is a love/hate with people. Also, as @damensha said I use the PB1 powder too. I’ve got it in regular and chocolate. Great quick protein add too. While I love apples, I don’t eat too many due to the sugar. Great job on the walking too. Just the fact you’re out moving is key. There’s nothing wrong with a 20 minute mile. You’re doing it and always look at the positive!!!

@gullagr – I can totally relate about the energy and early morning. I’m up at 5, leave the house 5:45, drop my son off at the HS for football conditioning, then work at 6:15. I come to work in my work-out clothes. I walk next door at 7:25 and take a class at the gym at 7:30. Done at 8:15, shower and back at my desk around 8:50 or so. I couldn’t have asked for a more convenient location and I’m loving my HIT training. It’s kicking my a**, but I’m feeling so much stronger in a short period of time.

@nikion901 – I think it’s key to find what works for YOU. Everyone’s body is different whether it’s age, genetics, health, etc. . . we’re all going to lose at a different pace. I’m glad you’re finding the right balance for you on this journey.

@lldavidson63, @dizzybizzy5, @1fralick, @LBxLB – Welcome!!! Just take it one day at a time. We’re in this together!

@Damensha – Woo Hoo!! Congrats on the scale moving down. I was on a 3-week stall and mine finally moved too. We have a hospital in Atlanta that’s like the baby factory of the world. The number of babies they deliver in a year is crazy high. My son was a preemie and I loved his neonatal nurses. Nurses are special people and definitely a special skill set. I love steel cut oats. I can’t imagine going back to the regular stuff since that’s all I ever eat anymore. Keeping my carbs low has been the trick for me, but it’s so hard. A small mandarin orange has 10 carbs alone. I’m trying to stay under 30 for the day and that’s a 1/3 of my day right there. It’s made a big difference in my numbers and how I feel, but you’ve got to find the right balance for you.

@ferafilia – Enjoy every single second with your son. My son is 14 and can’t believe how fast it’s gone. You will go through stages, but each one is so exciting as you prepare for the next. Girl, 50 lbs is AWESOME!!! Go to the grocery store and stack 10 – 5# bags of sugar. I think the visual is so important. I truly believe the mental part of this journey is just as hard as the eating and exercising.

@karen – Right back at you my friend.
  • 1fralick
    Options
    Hello all... So glad to be here. Walking biking this am. Shifted snacks to mid afternoon and seemed more sane when I got home.

@pneschich omg... I hope I didn't jinx you.... My goodness you have been through a lot..nothing but good for you in the new year..
    @skinnyjeanzbound I saw those on Pinterest..... They looked yummy . I also want to try zucchini chips. So glad you didn't get hurt when you fainted.
    @susan2396 thanks for the welcome... Awesome work outs! I have been scouting YouTube and have been subgroup Fitstar to supplement the bike and treadmill...

Look forward to my evening "chats" have a good night

• pneschich
    Options
    Day 6. Blew it. Had to go out to lunch with a customer. Went to a Brazilian steakhouse. No dinner for me. Didn't lose any weight since Monday. I think Nyquil may be the reason. Does anyone know if it causes you to hold water?
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday - yesterday I caved and bought a chocolate bar plus I went out at lunch for Thai food. Only ate half of the rice from my dish and thankfully for me my favourite type of chocolate is super dark dark chocolate so it isn't the worst thing to cave on. Still a bit disappointed as I have been making an effort to stay away from eating out and have really been trying to stay away from packaged sweet/treats to start off the new year. I'm almost 3 weeks in to the nutrition plan I've been following which means that I get my first official cheat day this weekend. I've made a reservation for my BF and I at our favourite restaurant to celebrate.

Also, I am a serial scale checker - I check my weight almost every night before I go to bed. Am starting to find it a bit discouraging since I haven't seen as steady a decline this past week. Any suggestions of how often and when is best to weigh in?

I'm still hitting up the gym everyday but have been finding it harder the last couple of days to push myself out of bed. Looking forward to a sleep in this weekend for a chance to relax and reset and come back more energized next week.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to MFP and have way over 100 lbs to loose (ideally 150ish but I'm trying not to think about that number yet; it's too intimidating). I've been thinking about weight loss for a while but I've always pushed it to "when I'm in a more stable place in my life". But I'm done with waiting and will do my best to keep at it and looser the weight however slow.

Right now I've set the counter at 2200 cal/day (-1lb/week). I usually eat less (1700 on average) but that leaves room for error (I don't always have access to a scale or a lot of choice in what I can eat).

So far 2 weeks in and 10lbs lost. I'm happy and it's encouraging but I also know the beginning is the easy part.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I weigh naked every morning after eliminateing.

I decided to order myself a Pandora-like charm bracelet (from Wish app) and reward myself with charms for it. So far I ordered two special charms (each for 5lbs lost) and a 10pc bulk spacer beads for WIP (every 5 days I record my weight on mfp) that I dont hit a 5lb goal. :smile: But I wont recieve my order til Feb/Mar.
  • AnnaLeigh35
    AnnaLeigh35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good thing I found this on a "truth Thursday." I've used MFP in the past. I lost 65 lbs with it and kept it off. Then I got pregnant and had my 3rd child. I lost some after I had her, but then started putting weight back on. Right now I am heavier than I was during my pregnancy or than I have ever been before. This is due to drinking too much, eating very unhealthy and refusing to exercise.
    I keep telling myself...I'll start my diet next week so I should just indulge myself these last few days. Well, next week never really comes, so I have just basically been indulging for the past year and a half. I've gained almost 60 lbs.
    If I can lose 100 lbs, then I will be back to my lowest MFP weight and be very satisfied.