Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: I'm doing well. :D I had that grocery store victory on Saturday, and I stayed within my calorie goals all weekend without feeling hungry or deprived. Also, my "hobby" is being a jazz singer and last night I booked a show for two weeks from now. It will be my first performance since losing 30 pounds!

@pinkstarberry - WOW! Congratulations!!

@bapcarrier - I appreciate the advice, but trust me: I am not totally depriving myself. ;) I think these recent impulses are just something that have to/will pass. I dealt with them back in October, at the start of my journey, and they went away until a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure they will fade again. Every time I go to the grocery store and come home without anything I shouldn't, it makes it easier to do the same the next time.

@Dalceridae - 40 pounds is awesome! And yeah, I've slowed to losing about 0.5 pound a week now and I often have to remind myself to be patient. :)

@JLYNNCARTEE - Welcome! I had a similar thing as you: it was hard for me to truly see just how big I'd become (at 5'3 and 243 pounds). Last March I had a performance videotaped, and honestly I think I went through all of the stages of grief when I saw how big my butt was!! :open_mouth: That definitely helped motivate me to finally make a change.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check -in ... no weight loss this past week. I was able to stay below/at my daily calorie goal on 5 days this week. However I did have more starchy/sweet carbohydrates this week so am retaining a bit more water. Still, I have hit my first monthly weight loss goal so January has been a good month, overall showing a loss of over 4 pounds.

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight this week. For those who have struggled, don't give up the fight.!
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in - My cheat dinner out on Saturday spilled over .... I ended up picking up a movie (and popcorn) on Sunday afternoon and then dinner at my cousins resulted in a glass of wine and a brownie too many! Need to reset and get back in gear this week. I haven't noticed a scale gain as a result which is nice. I've still managed to make it to the gym everyday for the last 2 week (yay!) so I suspect that has helped. I've also noticed a difference in my running stamina after only Week 2 of C25K. I start 2 Dietbets on Feb 1st (one for 4 week and one for 6 months) so now it's time to hop on my 4% (~8.5 lbs) goal in February :)
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. Welcome to all the new folks! I started my weightlifting program last night. A bit sore today but not as bad as I feared. I'm not sure my wife was thrilled when I used the kitchen table's Benham seat for my dumbell workout. I tried to figure out how to log it for calories but it makes no sense. I will post on the strength page to see. I might have walked too far Saturday, foot hurts! Did an easy mile yesterday morning, I wasn't satisfied neither was my dog. I'm going to face a ton of challenges this week with customers in from Germany and as the host I have to feed them and dine with them. I'm within 7 lbs of my lowest and 3 from satisfying my surgeon. I don't want to screw it up!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It’s hard to believe January is wrapping up already. 2017 is moving so fast. It’s so true when they say the older you get the time just seems to fly by. Weekend was good. Last week was a blur between work and evening activities so my house was a disaster zone. I cleaned all day Saturday and tackled laundry. Sunday was a few errands than finally relaxed. Eating was good. No exercise since I needed some recovery days from my weekly workouts. Overall feeling pretty good. This week has started off fine. Eating is good. Two workouts in so far. Life is good.

@pneschich – Brazillian steakhouse? Yum!! Lots of protein, which is a good thing. You just have to stay away from ALL the other stuff. It’s just one dinner. You’ll always have those so you just have to plan. Just remember after surgery those places are a waste of money. Most of the time I can’t even finish a kid’s meal. It’s a MAJOR life adjustment. To get in my protein, I use Genepro every day. It’s only 1 tablespoon and unflavored, but 30 grams of protein. You can add it to pretty much anything.

@gullagr – I was reading your Thursday Truth from last week and I know each of us can totally relate. We’ve ALL been there at some point. You shared and now it’s over. We just can’t make it a habit because that slippery slope will start and you’ll keep falling. As far as the scale, for me personally it’s an awful mental game. I had to stop the daily weigh-ins due to my fluctuations in water, monthly cycle, and all the other crap. I try every 3 days or ideally once a week. Plus, I try to focus on my monthly loss as a whole not the daily or weekly. It’s just not worth the frustrations.

@AnnaLeigh, @Sand86802 – Welcome!! You’re on the right track. It’s about taking it one day at a time. You’ve got this!

@Mermaid – I love your gift to yourself. I think it’s a great idea!!! Your bracelet will be FULL of charms before you know it.

@badnoodle – Incentives are always a great boost. I’ve down the Diet Bet before and it was OK, but preferred challenges with “real” friends versus online.

@birgitkwood – 92 lbs is AMAZING!!! You go girl!!

@misnomer – A jazz singer? Very cool. I love learning about everyone outside of the eating and exercising.

@nikion – Congrats on hitting your January goals!! I try to focus on my monthly total and overall goal vs the daily/weekly. Too many fluctuations for me to worry about, but look at my overall month. Great job!

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes ... that the routine mamogram I'm scheduled for this afternoon ends up being - routine.

It's the 1st of February today and thus I can look back on the last month to assess/reassess my plan of action.
    Days at or under calorie goal = 18 out of 31 ... so abt 58% of the time
    Pounds lost in January = 3.6
    Pounds lost YTD = 3.6 out of 46.8 = .077% of goal reached
    Success in January - reached my target pounds lost as planned.

Game Plan for February
    Days at or under calorie goal to be 85% (23-24 days out of 28)
    Pounds to trim in February goal = 3.2
    Since I don't want to cut my target calories in February from what they were in January, I need to really make the a stronger effort to not go over my daily allowance on a)as many days and/or b)by as much over and c)concentrate on lowering the glycemic load of the carbohydrates I'm consuming .... cause for me, it really is all about calories and starch/sugar.

@birgitkwood ... WOW!

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,865 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish to be out of the 290s by Valentine's Day. :heart: Today I weighed 295.0.
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @susan2396 - Thanks for your support! A couple days back into the week and I feel like I'm back on track :) I think I agree with you where weigh ins are concerned - I've scaled it back from checking every day and am finding it a bit less frustrating. Although if I do hop on the scale and see a number I don't like it tends to push me harder that day and I'll likely check in the next day to see if it helped make a difference!

@Nikion901 - Congratulations on meeting you January goal!! :) I like your idea of a monthly recap so I'm going to follow suit.

Month of January:
    Day at or under calorie goal = 20/31 or ~64%
    Pounds lost = 13.8 lbs
    Pounds lost YTD = 13.8 lbs = 23% of initial goal
    Days at or over target calories burned = 19/31 or ~ 61%
    Total number of gym visits = 18
    Success in January = Losing more weight than I had hoped! I was aiming for 7 lbs and I lost almost double :D

Goals for February:
    Days at or under calorie goal = 21/28 or 75% (want to allocate 1 cheat day per week plus give some room for error)
    Pounds to lose = 8.4 lbs (4% that I need to win my Dietbet!)
    Days at or over target calories burned = 24/28 or ~85%
    Total number of gym visits = 24

Wish Wednesday - On top of my wishes for the coming month, I wish that by keeping up with C25K I will be able to run 5K straight regularly in the near future. I was able to increase my running speed on the treadmill this morning and the satisfaction was undeniable!
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach - 6 pounds in 2 weeks? You got this! :)

@Nikion901 - THANK YOU for your post, which prompted me to look at my own January numbers. I knew I'd had some bad days, but I was surprised to see that I was at or under my calorie goal on just 15 days (less than 50% of the time). :open_mouth: And I had 11 "blowout" days, including yesterday when I totally caved to my impulses and had 1,060 calories for dinner (my daily goal is 1,345). Seeing numbers like that is a sobering eye-opener. It's frankly amazing that I haven't gained any weight, especially given my accompanying lack of exercise.

So, my Wednesday Wish is to do much better this month. There will still be days when I exceed my daily goal, but there need to be far fewer of them. I also need to get over myself with the exercise thing and just make it happen.

February will be fabulous!!
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I promise I've not gone AWOL on ya! It looks like everyone is kicking those calories in the kiester and getting their Fit On! Way To Go!

AFM, life has really turned into a whirlwind of excrement since my last post on the 23rd. The Bad - Hubby and I had a huge blowup and he's not been living at home for the last few days, I've had practically No appetite, and found out what Insomnia really is. The Good - I've got appointments set up through the end of March to start evaluation for possible weight loss surgery (Actually got the calls the day of said blowup), this has prompted me to bite the bullet and get into counseling (only me unfortunately) and I had my first session this morning (what is it about sitting on those couches that makes you gush words out like a fountain???), And apparently stuff like this is GREAT for your Diet! I've lost 11# over the last week. I know that I'll probably boomerang once I can eat normally again, but maybe I will be better with my portion control by then. Sometimes you just have to weave your own silver lining yanno? So, of course, my Wednesday Wish is for more than 3 hours of sleep today/tonight, and that the whirlwind of excrement move on away from me and mine! It would be nice to keep these pounds off though!

Chins Up!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Damensha - it's a very difficult time in your life. I'm sorry! And sending hugs (( ))
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @Damensha sorry for all you are going thru. I hope you can find some peace and get some sleep soon! Hang in there. Hugs (( ))!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm going to try this again. I had a long post yesterday and accidentally closed my app without posting!! Aagghhh!!

Keeping it short tonight. Disappointed (but I guess not surprised) that I gained 1.2 pounds when I weighed in this morning. Given the size of my feet and ankles, I am thinking water retention! I'm not going to dwell on it.

@susan2396 - glad to see you too!! Always nice to see familiar faces!

@Damensha - I'm so sorry about your week. I'm sure I speak for the whole gang, when I say we're here for you! {{{ }}} many hugs!!

Until next time, wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!! :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi! I will post more thoroughly this weekend.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Thurs Truth: I am having trouble controlling my sugar consumtion. I got a cold and drank a bunch of oj and ate cake and chips and ... And now I am having trouble getting back on track. :confused: I think it's time to go back to phase 1. I have had a lapse, but I am NOT giving up!
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank You @birgitkwood @RobinB0812 & @bapcarrier for the encouraging words! I was needing them more than I thought!

To those having setbacks this week... How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! And that's all we can do... Keep plugging at it. This is not a race, this is for the rest of our lives!

Thursday Truth - (I know I kind of covered this in yesterday's post) I'm still a hot mess, but I've texted with my awesome MIL and her sister this morning and that went really well. I still don't have an appetite but I'm trying to make myself eat at least a couple of times a day. Best thing is that I actually got 4.5 hours of peaceful sleep last night! Yay!

Till next post I'll be keeping my chins up!
    Love to you All!!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach - well do I know that feeling of being out of control around sugar. Yes, getting that control back after a day of higher than normal sugar consumption is HARD! I have learned, finally, that the only way to do it is to do it. Also, I have learned that it only takes me ONE DAY of resonable sugar consumption (or none), and I feel back on control. It really helped me to realize that only one day was needed. At least for me. Hope the same is true for you. Only one day, and the following day you'll wake up and (hopefully) feel back on control. Good luck!
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Thanks @birgitkwood ! Just one day to regain control :wink:

I am stressing about this SuperBowl weekend. If I am around DH, there will be pizza. :confused:
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group? Do I just "star" the thread?