• jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 4.5

Start Weight (July 5): 213.2
    Goal Weight (September 15): 204

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: 212.6
    2. July 19: 211.6
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.0
    Weight -/+ challenge total: - 1.6
    Weight loss so far: 43.4

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Drink 64oz water 7/7: 4/7
    2. 10,000 steps 6/7:  6/7
    3. Under cal goal 7/7: 5/7 

I need to do better with logging my water (and drinking it!). And do better with keeping to my calorie goal. But I am glad to have a loss and not a gain, despite to oreo fiasco!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robinb-- enjoy your vacation. How lucky for you that your SIL cooks paleo--that will surely make life easier for you.

@birgit-- thanks for sharing the pics--you look great! And your dog is adorable. :) As far as you both fitting in the kayak, that's a wonderful NSV. I often lie on my couch in the evening and watch TV, and I remember when my dog and I couldn't fit comfortably together. It was a great moment when we could cuddle without him being half on top of me--he's 90 lbs. :open_mouth:

@barb--congrats on meeting your water goal!!

@ana-- we all have off weeks from time to time. As you said, just use it as a wake-up call. :smile:

AFM-- My weight is the same as last week, and I'm actually happy with that result given that it was 199.2 for 3 days in a row this week. Although I managed to avoid the doritos Saturday night, I caved on Sunday night and ate them along with a bunch of Swedish fish from Ikea. I stayed under calories on Monday, but a lot of those calories were also if the Swedish fish variety. Now that bag of candy is gone, and though I have one more bag of Dala Horse gummies, I will not be opening them until next week when I go to South Haven for a couple of days where I will share them. One thing that makes it hard for me to have sweets in the house is that my husband doesn't like sweets, so I end up eating all of whatever treat I open.

On the plus side, I have run 3 days in a row this week. I'm so proud of myself b/c I've been really lax on running over the past month. None of them were fast or pretty, but at least I laced up my shoes and got out there. Today I will use as an active rest day and mow the lawn in lieu of running.

Summer Heat
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

My optional challenges are going to be to hit 100+ grams of protein/day and to walk/run 40 miles/week.

Start weight (week of July 5): 198.4; days 100+ g protein = 5/7; 24.26 miles
    Goal weight (Saturday September 16): 185

Weigh in week of:
    July 12: 197.8; 5/7 days 100+ g protein; 26.72 miles
    July 19: 197.8 x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 26: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 2: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 9: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 16: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 23: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 30: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 6: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 13: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Final weight September 16:

Weight +/- this week: 0
    Weight +/- total: -.6
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @birgit I love the photo of you and your friend in the kayak!!!!
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"
    Start Challenge weight: 239.5
    Goal for this Challenge: 228

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12: 240
    July 19: 238
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

Hubby is gone for a few months. Back to accomplishing what i set out to do!

I got all the way up to 245 this week. I am so glad the bloat came off fast! And before i weighed in. :o

I joined a site where you gamble your weight loss with real money. So now there is extra incentive to lose the weight. I want my money back and more....not sure if this was a stupid move or not...i did try to research for scams before i joined. LOL

I also found some yummy ways to eat some of the greens i am growing in my countainer garden. This morning was a veggie and cheese omlette with onions and peppers, as well as, arugula cilantro chives and basil from the garden. Yum!

I also put arugula radicchio and basil into my ham sandwich yesterday. Wow. Much better than iceberg lettuce.

Need to keep getting creative with my cooking to keep things fresh and tasty. Drive away them fastfood or restaurant cravings. I can make stuff taste just as good or better! And away with all that frozen convenience food my hubby makes me stock....no more!!!! This week i will get to preparing my own fresh freezer meals!

Hmmm and last night while walking the dogs we got to incorporate our snack on the go. Found a public plum tree that had 1 low branch people missed picking. I loaded up! Also blackberry season started. So had a great fruit snack....with enough plums for the rest of the week and blackberries whenever we desire. ;)
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,911 Member
    Options
    That is a great pic. I don't do kayaks/canoes right now. Last time I did, I weighed the boat down to the waterline and sunk it. Terrifying when there are gators in the water with you!

My DH is heavier than me. He can't play WiiFit games with me bc he exceeds the balance board wt limit.

But we love to swim. <3

We each have to start where we are. But it troubles me. Most of the people I know who have successfully lost the amount my DH and I each have to lose are mostly in their 50s and 60s. Am I going to have to struggle with my wt for 30 more years before I am successful? I hope not.
  • MeMe1121
    MeMe1121 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Amy
    Height: 5'6

Start Weight: 234.1 (July 11)
    Goal Weight (September 15): 229

1. July 19: 232.4 (-1.7)
    2. July 26:
    3. August 2:
    4. August 9:
    5. August 16:
    6. August 23:
    7. August 30:
    8. September 6:
    9. September 13:
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Jo
    Height: 161 cm

Start Weight (July 5): 181.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (September 15): 166

1. July 12: 178.8
    2. July 19: 176.2
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: 2.6
    Weight -/+ challenge total: 5.4
    Weight loss so far: 56.6

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Eat at calorie goal 5/7, 5/7
    2. Keep carbs under 100 5/7, 5/7
    3. 10-12 glasses water 5/7, 7/7

So, those 2 days above calories.... seriously above,like 1000 above. All in pistachios. I have been doing this since January 19 and my willpower is not getting any stronger. The only thing I can say is when i do binge the next day I am not hungry and I do just well a little under goal.

Good luck lovely people!
  • cellosmiles
    edited July 2017
    Options
    realized the bottom of my template missed getting pasted.

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -3.5
    Weight loss so far: -12 since Jan1st
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge!

Name: Laura
    Height: 5'9"

Start challenge Weight (July 5): 312
    Goal Weight (September 15): 295

1. July 12: 305lb
    2. July 19:303.5 lb
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.5lb
    Weight -/+ challenge total:-8.5lb

Highest ever weight: 336lb
    Weight loss so far from Highest ever weight: 32.5lb loss
  • dumdum32
    dumdum32 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Dumdum
    Height: 5' 3

Start Weight (July 5): 196
    Goal Weight (September 15): 176

1. July 12: 196
    2. July 19: 194
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: - 2.0 lbs
    Weight -/+ challenge total: - 2.0 lbs
    Weight loss so far: 21 lbs since Jan 2017

would like to get to my ideal weight by sept so this challange fits right in with my personal goals. hoping to stay motivated
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: TRACY
    Height: 5-2 1/2"
    Start Challenge weight: (7/5) 188
    Goal for this Challenge: 175

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12: 186.3
    July 19: 182.3
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh Sat., Sept 16th:

Weight +/- this week: -4
    Weight loss since 07/12: -4
    Total for challenge: -5.7

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve

this summer:
    1. Minutes exercised/day: 60 (d/wk)
    2. No late-nite snacking not prev. Allowed (d/wk)
    3. Sodium below 2000mg (d/wk)

Well sorry I posted 1st week late, but this week is on time. I returned to work on Monday after a 3 week hiatus, so I am just getting used to getting back on here and posting.

So far, since 01/2015, I have lost 54 lbs! Today I am wearing a size M for the first time in 20 years (ok, they are very stretchy pants, but still!) and I weigh less than I have since the mid-90's. I met with my nutritionist today and she's pleased with my progress too. I have challenged myself to not miss one day of tracking for the next 6 weeks and keep my sodium below the 2000 mg mark at least 90% (38/42 days).

Tracy
    TX
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name: Jackie
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (July 5): 260
    Goal Weight (September 15): 244

1. July 12: 258
    2. July 19: 256.5
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

This is a real struggle for me. I am looking for help staying motivated.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Summer Challenge

Name: Lydia
    Height: 5'8"

Start Weight (July 1): 254
    Goal Weight (September 15): 244

1. July 12: 253.4
    2. July 19: 251.8
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.6 lbs
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -2.2 lbs
    Weight loss so far: 8.2 lbs

Hope I can keep going in this direction. I've been having a more difficult time than normal lately. Having a new job, trying to figure out my new normal while continuing to make better choices daily. It is very challenging.
    If anyone would like to add me as a friend, please feel free. You can never have too much support!
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    @cmkoob731 if you want to find your way back to a thread.

Click on the magnifying glass at the top. Type your username in the author field and search. This finds all places you have posted.

2nd way. When you are in a topic you like. Click the little star at the top right corner at the top of the topic. It will make it yellow. Then when you come into the community you can click the star at the top for all your favorite places. Or the bell, which will tell you all the new posts people did in the topics you liked.
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    @cmkoob731 - on the Community page you will see 3 symbols on the right side at the top, opposite the title "Message Boards". These symbols will help you navigate within Community.
    The Bell will have a notification any time you are mentioned by your user name (use the @ symbol before the user name to mention someone in a post). If you click on the bell, it will show the thread name that you are mentioned in "Need to lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread!". If you click on the thread name it will take you directly to the comment you are mentioned on.
    The Star is what you use to favorite your thread. Go to the thread and look at the top right, you will see the star. Click on it and it will turn yellow, and then whenever you want to return to the thread from the Community page, you just have to click on the Star and then the thread name. It will take you to the last comment you read.
    I'm not sure what the Cog does, I know it has something to do with settings but I just don't know what.
    @cellosmiles beat me to it!!!!
    @cedar2526 - I know you can do it, we are the same age and I know it's difficult but the rewards are so worth it. You can be sure you will get lots of encouragement here!
    Tracy
    TX
  • Heathermetoo
    Heathermetoo Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    After about 7 months astray, I have come crawling back to pick up my weight loss journey again. I am so happy to see many familiar names in this community! I am definitely going to join the summer challenge, but I have my stats at home, so will post later. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say HI!
    Each of you are an amazing success, just for choosing to be on MFP and participate. Talk with everyone again soon.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! I am missing some of the weigh-in data from some of you ... will wait until later tonight to post the weekly results in case someone else wants to share with us their progress.
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    @kampers2000 - woot, that's a great goal! I lover roller coasters but the last time I went to Six Flags over TX in SA I almost couldn't fit on the Rattler. I was very uncomfortable and afraid the whole time that the bar would come unlatched. I know you can do it!
    @Heathermetoo - glad to see you back. Hey, you're not "crawling back", you're jumping in feet first to meet the challenge!
    Thursday Truth - I have been very lax in exercising which I really really need to do in order to strengthen my heart. But I find I must choose between getting the necessary amount of sleep (also necessary to strengthen my heart) or working out. Since I can't drive reliably if I'm tired I choose to sleep. There just aren't enough hours in the day!
    Tracy
    TX