3. Oct. 4: 225
    4. Oct. 11: 223
    5. Oct. 18: 220
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18

Down 8 so far! I think my goal for nov 18 is a bit lofty. What do u guys think?
  • samiyha
    samiyha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy to join this group of ladies although late. My truth is I have been doing keto but I had a really bad carb day today. Must get back on the wagon!
  • samiyha
    Options
    OT: does anyone else think that when you complete diary and it gives you a projected weight in 5 weeks that number is rubbish?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    samiyha wrote: »
    OT: does anyone else think that when you complete diary and it gives you a projected weight in 5 weeks that number is rubbish?

@samiyha ... None of us knows what your strategy is to lose another 21 pounds in the next 4 1/2 weeks ... :)
    Good Luck ... and if you don't make it all the way to 199, you'll likely be closer to it than when you started!

PS ... regarding that 5 week projected weight ... I think it's there to help you realize that trend if you had every day be like this day was for the next 25 days .... but who of us is exactly the same from one day to the next? Not I! However, when I have a high calorie day and see that I could easily undo all the hard work I've done if I continue to overeat it does help me to get my head out of the (someplace) and face reality.

PPS ... do you know how to add a profile picture to your profile page? It's always nice to have a face to relate to on here ... hope you like mine.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @samiyha - welcome! I'm currently maintaining my weight, having lost more than 120lbs. During my weightloss phase I used those 5week projections very much to my advantage! Usually my Sundays were my least active days, so the least exercise calories earned. Also, Sunday was usually the day I'd be least likely to be very strict about my food plan. So when I'd complete my food diary at the end of the day on Sunday, the 5 week number was always fairly easy to obtain if i stick to my food and exercise regimen the rest of the week. On those Sundays I'd put that 5 week projection into my google calendar 5 weeks out, and then do everything possible to try and beat it. Almost always I lost a pound or two more than the projection. So for me, those numbers were valuable incentive. Good luck on YOUR path
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 156.8
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 148

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 155.7
    2. Sept. 27: 153.4
    3. Oct. 4: 156.5
    4. Oct. 11: 153.7
    5. Oct. 18: 155.4
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.7
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: - 1.4
    Total overall weight lost so far: - 74.1
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Question: it is said that we should drink at least 2 litres/8 glasses of water each day. How much water do you all drink and is it just water or do you also drink 0 cals sodas/ tea/ coffee to reach your water goal?
  • lynnamanda0521
    lynnamanda0521 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Amanda I'm new!
    Need/ want to lose 100lbs no set time or goals yet but I was reading the fall challenge and loved what I saw!
    How do I join in this community?
  • samiyha
    Options
    @Nikion901 thanks. Yes my strategy is workout three times a week and keto plus keeping calories low around 1000.

Will upload a pic soon.
  • samiyha
    Options
    @birgitkwood @Nikion901 about the projection I agree I could see where it could motivate I have just yet to see it actually happen. Yesterday my 5 week projection was 202. It seems low
  • samiyha
    Options
    5 weeks ago it said I would be 207 by now and I am 220. What is going wrong?
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Amanda I'm new!
    Need/ want to lose 100lbs no set time or goals yet but I was reading the fall challenge and loved what I saw!
    How do I join in this community?
    Welcome! Just join in! Read through the posts to get an idea, and the first page has a list of daily post suggestions! Also we are in a challenge now, which Barb is coordinating.... copy the format and add your stats if you want, what is your plan?

@birgit... how do you find the 5 week projection? I can't find it, must I be a paying member?
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @newjax2017 when I complete my food diary at the end of the day, it pops up, but I use my android smartphone, don't know it its different with different devices/computers.
    @samiyha when I log really low calories like near 1000 vs 1200+ my projections are always really out there, never meet those, but when I'm nearer to MFP low end 1200- 1500 I usually meet those perjections if I don't get derailed.
    @lynnamanda0521 Welcome!
    @ihp2015 I aim for the 64oz of water, I don't do any(except very rare occasions) sodas even 0cal because I can't do artificial sweeteners. Teas and coffee and other beverages(juice) I just say those are extra hydration, plus I feel the sugar/caffeine undoes the benefits of the water in them! When I was prego both times my Dr kept telling me to drink more I was too dehydrated, a nurse finally told me nothing but water because other things don't hydrate!! Hope that helps!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The scale read 200 even this morning!!! I don't know that it will stay, but I love seeing that number, I can taste Onederland!!! :p
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    ihp2015 wrote: »
    Question: it is said that we should drink at least 2 litres/8 glasses of water each day. How much water do you all drink and is it just water or do you also drink 0 cals sodas/ tea/ coffee to reach your water goal?

@ihp2015 ,

I drink about 120 to 150 oz of "fluid" each day, which includes all fluids (water, tea, coffee, 0 calorie drinks, etc). I am on some medications for diabetes and high blood pressure that are dehydrating and will get dehydrated if I drink less than this each day but if I wasn't taking any of those, I'd probably drink around 80 oz a day.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    @ihp2015 ...I drink water freely, and usually get in 8 cups a day. That's on top of the coffee/tea/milk/juice/broth or soup I intake. I enter my liquids into my diary.

I've read varying advice about how much water we need to drink, anywhere from "one ounce per 2 lbs of body weight" to "drink when you are thirsty". And I've also read that it's not just the water we drink but the liquid contained in the foods we eat that counts towards our daily intake goal; and to drink enough liquid to keep our urine light. However, for some of us too much liquid intake is a bad thing ... either because we have unhealthy kidneys or weak bladders :) ... AFM ... I drink when I'm thirsty or taking a med, and then it's usually a full glass at a time ... glug, gulp, glug. :)

@samiyha ... thanks for adding your profile pic. I like the head scarf you are wearing. Back to that 5-wk weight projection ....The projection is a simple math formula looking at your current profile weight and the remaining calories in your food log. The higher your 'deficit' the more weight you are expected to shed. It's kind of an awkward thing to explain this simple math equation. Here are a couple of posts on the Help section of MFP that may explain it for you more quickly than I could.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16108624-goal-food-exercise-remaining
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/14330218-5-week-weight-estimates

@jam5660 ... Hurray!

@lynnamanda0521 ... I see you just joined MFP this morning ... there are great articles in the HELP section of how to set up your profile and use the program. @newjax2017 already told you how to join our current challenge ... we are right in the middle of it now.

AFM ... Friday Fitness ... It's time to go grocery shopping ... It's been a month of eating from the stockpiled food in the pantry/freezer/fridge and while I could make it through until Monday I really, really, really want lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, milk ... and rye bread!

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @newjax2017 You're not alone. I think everyone gets that feeling of being tired of dieting. I try to look at it as not dieting per se, but eating in moderation the things that I like, or modifying recipes to be healthier but still taste good. As for the 5 week projection, it shows up as soon as I click on "complete diary" at the end of my day, whether I do it on the computer or my phone. Are you completing your food diary? If so, you'll see it each day.
    @samiyha Welcome! Good luck on your weight loss journey.
    @ihp2015 I probably don't drink as much water as I should. I fall into that weak bladder category that @Nikion901 mentioned. :smiley: LOL I have a 20 oz water bottle that I drink 2 of per day plus one cup of coffee in the morning.
    @lynnamanda0521 Welcome! You already joined if you are here! This is a great thread for support & motivation as we all have the same goal.
    @jan5660 You go girl!!! WooHoo...just about there. :)

Well, up .75 this week but I'm not shocked based on all the events of this past week. It will pale in comparison to next week. I'm both dreading and looking forward to our trip to Amish country next week. My plan for the weekend is to really stay on target and then come Monday, it's all downhill from there until Friday. :(
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @newjack2017 You've lost 68.5 lbs so far. Wow!! Tired of dieting? Maybe you can swap out a few foods and balance things out to give yourself a break. Also, maintaining for a period is always a good idea. That's why I like MFP, it's real food we're eating

@birdgirl2015 35 pounds since February! Congrats to you too!

@samiyha I think 5 lbs a week is ambitious, although it was pointed out that it depends on your plan for attaining that goal. My aim is 2 lbs./week. What I notice is that you've lost weight each week in this challenge. That's amazing. I also like to projected weight. I find it encouraging.. don't track it, although I like the idea and wiill probably start seeing if I can beat that goal. More importantly, for me, is when it shows I will weigh more. That's a real good reminder for me to get my act together.

@bapcarrier Sometimes celebrating helps to stay on track for the long haul. For me, this is not a punishment, it a lifestyle change. And part of that is recognizing that sometimes there will be events and I will indulge a bit, while not going overboard.

@cedar2526 It took me 3 months to get the scales to move my first try (I ultimately lost 50 over 6 months). Then one week the scale went down 6 lbs. And again the next week. Then I leveled off at 2 lbs./week. It will work.

@RobinB0812 5000 steps is quite an accomplishment!! Congrats!! The pics didn't post correctly... Dying to see the goose pic!!

@lksmeeton Stick with it!

@Nikion901 As a Type 2, I want to encourage you not to blame yourself. There are plenty of thin people with Type 2 and equally as many overweight people that don't have Type 2. Yes, eat properly is oh so important for a Type 2.

@lowcarbkaren I'm planning on buying clementines. The past two years we haven't had any trick or treaters (and my kids are grown) .. its much too big a temptation for me to put that candy in the house!! I like the money idea too. Heck, I'd pay $1 to remind myself that it's one less pound on me!! (Of course we don't get trick or treaters so that's easy to say !!!)

Well, have a day rest of the day everyone!!
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @ihp2015 I average about 38 ounces of pure water per day (over the past three weeks) and another 64 ounces per day of other liquids. So that's over 100 ounces per day and I feel hydrated.
  • rahimlj
    rahimlj Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! l am trying to lose about 50 lbs. it seems to be pretty hard. l used to weight about 129. currently around 185. l have been working out this year and lost some fat and gained some muscle. lm on a fitness journey. just finding it hard sometimes! looking for friends that are trying to lose weight aswell and work out! This is a vid from the summer youtube.com/watch?v=83Uck7X_2EE - Feel free to SUBSCRlBE !

Hows everyone else doing?! :smile: