Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share ...
    It was another week of my weight fluctuating broadly up and down. On Friday morning, I was less than 1 pound of reaching my 20% loss goal, on Monday it was 6 pounds away. Today, I am 5 pounds away ... yes, that's almost a 4 pound gain in 2 days. I wonder if my scale is a joker.

@canyonGeek ... regarding vitamin supplementation ... there are good reports online from sources like ConsumerLab (need to subscription to see the reports), and free reviews as well ... I found several. One report listed "Alive" as a good multi, also 'Centrum", and even "1aDay" ... the important thing is not to get more than 100% of the daily requirement, if possible. I had talked about vitamins with my doctor in January and he told me to buy the cheapest store brand of a multi.

And ... regarding starting the next challenge ... Go For IT! :smiley:

@mnwalkingqueen ... It's nice to hear from you, even though that means you are still not where you want to be weight-wise. Is that a current picture in your profile? Looking good, gal!

@RoxyWhoShrinkyDink ... your profile name gives me a chuckle! Welcome.

Oops ... just looked at the clock and realized I have passed my computer cut-off time. Talk to you all next time.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @birgitwood Have always wanted to try snowshoeing..Don't really get enough snow here in NJ... maybe next year. Congrats on losing 12 lbs this challenge!!
    @kbeyer23 Thanks for tea suggestion! I have just gotten back to tea -- my sister makes her own Chai.. she sent me a bag. So delicious!!!
    @DebCountsAll I can relate to the scale scaring the crap out of you! My scale hit 230 last week. I haven't weighted this much in 7 years. I really hit skid row after Thanksgiving. Been hiding out.
    @Nikion901 Congrats on being down almost 11 lbs this challenge.. wow!!
    @canyonGeek My doctor recommended SOLO vitamin which is made by Metagenics. Also told me to take Omega3 and Probiotic.

Have a wonderful week all!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @tdunnegan ... thanks for being impressed about my weight loss ... but you really need to know it's not such a big accomplishment ... it's really only a couple of pounds lower than I was in mid December!

My weight has huge fluctuations ... and a spend a lot of time going back over old territory on the scale. The only thing that's a good thing about it is that every time I go up, I don't go up as much as before, and every time I go down I hit a new weight ... except I've been struggling for weeks and weeks to make my 20% lost goal ... and been within less than a pound, only to rebound back up again ... and then need to lose that all over again. Still, each time I lose it, I lose more easily than the first time.
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm currently at just a bit under 100 to lose, so I would love to be a part of this thread.

I'm 6 weeks shy of 40, 5'2", currently 209, goal weight 115, highest weight 245.

I'm also a teacher and a single mommy to an autistic boy who doesn't like to eat much other than pizza, taquitos, tacos, and steak so this weight loss thing is not easy for me.

Hiya Roxy
    I am a nearly 60 year old married to a dear man with autism. He was a dear friend for more than 20 years before we married. He has added such joy to our family, and makes the very best grandpa imaginable.
    Please know that anything is possible. (Except getting him to eat certain things!)
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good. Hubby planned a date and the kids spent the night with grandparents, so that's always a treat! We went out for Mexican (yum!) and although I was reticent cause I get anxiety about what I'm going to eat when out, I'm really proud of myself for a couple reasons: 1.) I was mindful of what I ate. I went over my calorie limit by a bunch but I logged it all as best I could. 2.) I wasn't overly restrictive but I made smart choices (fajitas instead of ooey-gooey enchiladas) 3.) I asked a friend to check in with me the next day and ask if I had gotten right back on track instead of allowing that splurge to lead to more splurges (she did and I was back on track). 4.) With careful planning and hardcore shoveling I even enjoyed my leftovers the following day and stayed in my limit. :smiley:

@canyonGeek I like the Think Spring challenge name! I'm totally down for that challenge, as I got in too late in the game for the current one. I don't mind winter too much- snow is fun to play in! But I am definitely ready for spring! Only 8-10 weeks or so to go! :wink:

@Nikion901 Hate it when the scale doesn't cooperate! I'm cheering you on- you're so close to your 20% goal- you can do it! Eventually the scale will admit defeat. :smirk:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Goal checkin...I made my gym goal of 5 times in a week. I am part of an online weight-loss group thing called Real Appeal through my health insurance. So my weeks are from Wednesday to Wednesday because that’s one of our meetings are.

@Nikion901 - The photo was taken last April. Thanks for the compliment.
    @kbeyer23 - WTG...I understand the challenge at the Mexican restaurant. Queso Blanco is my biggest downfall.
    @canyongeek - I would do a spring challenge.
  • Nikion901
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes ... That I sat less and walked or stood more.
    That said ... I received an interesting piece of mail from my health insurance provider today ... a 4 page health questionnaire that they said is anonymous ... although my name and insurance information was preprinted at the top of page 1 (of 4) ... it was a bubble in the ovals type of questionnaire ... and the return envelope said it goes to NRC Health, Survey Processing Center.

Some of the questions revolved around food groups and I had to take a close look at my food diary to answer them ... and learned something interesting ... while I don't eat fried foods frequently, the average of the days I looked at came to the result that I do, on average, eat 1 fried meal a day ... However, only 1 meal in the past 2 weeks was the typical fried food I think of when I think of fried foods (deep fried) ... still, I do saute vegetables often, and enjoy the occasional fried potato and egg meal ... and it adds up. The other thing I learned is that I'm not eating my oatmeal as often as I used to ... nor am I substituting that whole grain with another approved type of whole grain such as whole wheat bread or whole wheat pasta ... Also, the fruit servings have crept up to 3 a day on average, when I generally limit myself to no more than 2 pieces ... The good news I got from taking the survey is that I get an average of 7 vegetable servings a day ... whoopie, one good out of 4 food types.

So, I'm actually grateful for this survey coming to me today ... it's given me a reason to look at my food log from a different perspective from total calories and macros and had me looking at the actual type of food ... and I will make it a goal to tighten that up as I generally follow the DASH Eating Plan for the way I eat and that plan suggests that on my 1600 calorie intake goal I should be getting 6 servings of whole grains a day, only 3-4 of fruits and vegetables each.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Nikion901 you have just reminded me again that I need to not only watch my calories but to also make better food choices. A year ago when I started this I was doing much better. Lately, I seemed to have slipped and consequently I am hungry more often and not eating correctly, which for me means less carbs, less red meat, more fish and chicken as well as vegetables. I need to revamp! Thanks for the reminder.

@canyonGeek I too, like the name Think Spring Challenge. It's great of you to step up to record. I have a great spreadsheet pretty much all formated for the challenges that I can try to email you if you would like it. I do hesitate to offer because my program is a different one than was used for the original spreadsheet and I had to go on line to use it. I'm not positive I can send it but I'll try if you're interested in it. Or maybe one of the other past recorders could sent it to you if they still have it, @Nikion901 or @happygirlxxx ???

I'm sorry that I won't be available to participate in the next challenge, for the first time in almost 400 days, I won't be weighing in and may not even log my food from Feb 28th to April 1st. I have a great month plus planned with friends, going on a very short cruise, then spending 8 days in Puerto Rico, a week with my sister, then a little over two weeks renting a house with friends here in Florida. I think I'm going to give myself a month break. I'll take my scales to the rental house and I'll try to watch what I eat for the entire month, but I am also just going to enjoy spending time with my life long best friend.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier yes I can email se previous challenge tracker so just provide the email.

Your next weeks sound like so much fun, enjoy!!!

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier Your month sounds like it's going to be positively wonderful!!! You will do better than you think and even if you don't, any gain will come off quickly once you are back on track. It's the people in our lives that are important. You just go and enjoy every single moment without any worries. Just enjoy the blessings of your family & friends!!!

I haven't decided yet if I'll participate in the next challenge or not. It kind of stresses me out instead of motivates me.

Happy Valentine's Day!

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Havent signed on for a while and when I did I landed on an old comment by nikkion that sounded so much like me,
    I thought she had been spying on me. The comments about quality of life and getting out and living life hit me close to home. I've been struggling since begiknning of year after a 3 month period of not even trying and a 10 lb weight gain. Have had two sucessful days and that has been sort of motivating. I think if I could feel good again, it would make a big difference. Going out with a group of widows for Valentines day today,k but
    I think I have the meal under controll. Seafood restaurant

Happy Valentines to Everyone

katrena

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    MNWALKINGQUEEN - Holly welcome back. We have walked the same path.
    I lost my son under similiar circumstances.
    It does get easier

Katrena
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901.. maybe your battery needs changing in your scale. That happened to me. Once I got a new battery it was pretty consistent.
    @kbeyer23.. date nights are always great!
    @mnwalkingqueen.. So sorry to hear about your son. Nice consistency with the gym.
    @bapcarrier…sounds like you have some fun months coming up. Enjoy. I know on my vacations, I tend to eat more but I’m walking more too so that helps.

I continue on my slowly but surely path. Yesterday not great choices, but today I’m back on track. That’s one thing I’m learning – each moment is a time to start fresh. I don’t need to wait until Monday. My water intake has been on point today – lots of trips to the bathroom so my step count is up too. HA!
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Truth: I know that I should stop buying things like Ben & Jerry's non-dairy ice cream. I lie to myself and say that it's healthier than it is because it's vegan, and that I'll only stop at the recommended serving size.

I never do. :(
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @raindogmaa Yay!!!! no more boot! Now, just be careful!

@jennismagic I hear you about not stopping at any type of ice cream serving size. I mean come on...does anyone actually only eat 1/2 of a cup? If I'm going to eat ice cream, I'll eat the Edy's Slow Churned as it's lower in calories than it's counterpart and I'll make sure I have enough calories left in a day to have 1 cup. I've tried Halo and it's just not to my liking. I'd rather have more calories but enjoy what I'm eating. I've never tried Ben & Jerry's non-dairy ice cream. I'm not vegan so it wouldn't appeal to me. If it's one thing I've learned on this current journey it's that if I'm not enjoying what I'm eating, then I don't eat it. It's not worth the calories to me.

That being said....we are going out tonight for a Valentines Day "observed" dinner. I picked Chinese, a really upscale place that is local, not a chain. I'll try to behave the best I can.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @b_lisieux --ooh, enjoy your Chinese dinner! We ordered take away on Sunday, but I haven't been out to a really good Chinese place in ages. A new Dim Sum place opened that my friends and I tried last summer--it was so good, but we haven't been able to orchestrate another outing there. I think it's about time.

@jennismagic -- I hear you about the serving sizes. I know @b_lisieux said she doesn't enjoy it, but I really love Halo Top. Some of the flavors are better than other in terms of texture--but I just love that the whole container is only between 240 and 360 calories. I've never eaten a whole pint at once, but if I did, it wouldn't be too damaging.

@raindogmaa --congrats on getting the boot removed!!

@katrena--hope you enjoyed your seafood dinner!
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I actually like Halo Top, but I'm weaning myself off of dairy. Fortunately, Halo Top has some vegan flavors, it's just a matter of me figuring out where to buy them. I also really enjoy NadaMoo. That is some of the best ice cream ever.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The Winter Games

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 211.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018): 203.6 lbs (-8 lbs this challenge or ~ -1 lb/week).

Weigh-ins (lbs) on Wednesdays (typically), week of:
    Jan 3: 211.6 lbs.(weight loss stalled this week, probably due to adding in 50% of my exercise calories vs 0%).
    Jan 10: 209.8 lbs (stuck with adding in 50% of exercise calories this week too--seems it worked out well).
    Jan 17: (on vacation: 12th-20th so I might not find a scales to weigh-in this week).
    Jan 24: 211.2 lbs (back from vacation).
    Jan 31: NA (out of town this week, traveling for work, returning late 1/7/2018).
    Feb 8: 211.6 lbs (on vacation Feb 8-13).
    Feb 15: 211.0 lbs (back from vacation).
    Feb 22:
    Feb 28:

weight change last week: - 0.6 lbs
    weight change this challenge: - 0.6 lbs
    weight loss total (since 1/3/2017): 106.0 lbs
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Name: Tracy
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest Weight: 274
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal weight: 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 202.8
    Jan 12: 200.8
    Jan 19: 201.2
    Jan 26:201.0
    Feb 2nd:199.0
    Feb 9:198.6
    Feb 16: 196.0
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -14
    Total weight lost: 78 lbs.

@raindogmaa.. Good for you! My daughter broke a chip out of her bone 4 weeks ago. She’s healing fast but it was 2 weeks on crutches and it’ll be 4 weeks at least in a walking boot.
    @jennismagic… that’s how Doritos are for me. Unfortunately, my husband likes to use those as a base for tacos and we have tacos almost weekly (something everyone likes). I’ve gotten my son to hide them after we eat the meal. HA!

AFM. I treated myself one day to a frozen coke but other than that I have stuck to water/crystal light. I believe that has made huge difference. I’ve also tried to bargain with myself. For example, on Valentine’s Day, I ate a steak dinner at Ground Round. I love the garlic toast that you get with the meal. I told myself I wouldn’t have any bread until I had my portion of protein. That seemed to work…filled up with protein and veggies and had a little bit of bread at the end.