Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers and thanks Niki for the link. I'm guessing one's body will be the indicator as to whether the allowance should change or not. I was just curious as to if MFP changes it or if we do.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!! I started using resistance bands at home however not very coordinated so we will see. Down fall this weekend ate way to much queso blanca at El Lorro. Got snow and ice storm today so no gym tonight more on the way too.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My experience with calorie goals is not good...,every time I log my weight change the system automatically changes my intake to 2300 calories and I need to manually adjust.
  • SteviYvonne
    SteviYvonne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 29 and looking for a great supportive environment. This is my first post, and I plan on committing to post daily if I can.

I weigh myself on Mondays, and I lost 3.5 pounds! I wasn't expecting it since my birthday was Tuesday, and I didn't bother thinking about healthy anything. I felt like it set me back a lot and wasn't expecting to lose any weight, but I did!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My experience with calorie goals is not good...,every time I log my weight change the system automatically changes my intake to 2300 calories and I need to manually adjust.

That's odd ... the only time my goal calories change is when I change my goals ... are you using the PC or a smartphone/tablet to enter your weight change?

PS ... or, are you using a fitness appliance, like a Fitbit, that links with MFP ... (that's something I don't know how to work because I don't have one)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Tuesday Goals ... I am continuing my focus on the type of fiber I am consuming, right now focusing on getting more insoluble rather soluble fiber, but then will start to pay attention that the balance between the two is more half/half instead of being slanted too much one way. Feeling rewarded by how quickly my body responds to corrective measures from food choices and adequate water intake.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Thanks @canyonGeek ... I will look for them on my next monthly Sr Tuesday Discount grocery shopping day in March. By then I should be able to add more soluble fiber into my diet ... as long as I continue to mix in plenty of the insoluble type.. I think I had these one time in a Korean restaurant in a soup bowl. If I recall correctly, they don't really have any flavor of their own and are very gelatinous ... good with fermented vegetables and pepper sauce!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

That's odd ... the only time my goal calories change is when I change my goals ... are you using the PC or a smartphone/tablet to enter your weight change?

PS ... or, are you using a fitness appliance, like a Fitbit, that links with MFP ... (that's something I don't know how to work because I don't have one)

I use the app on my smart phone to log everything. Not using a fitbit or any other fitness tracker.

• Nikion901
    Options

I use the app on my smart phone to log everything. Not using a fitbit or any other fitness tracker.

So ... how do you update your weight? I use both my PC and my smartphone to update my logs and weights ... and never had a problem with it changing my calorie goal when I do. Just trying to help you figure it out so you can have it work the way it should.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Thursday Goals ... My sister and her husband are taking their annual vacation in Florida right now. It's abbreviated this year because of the hubby's health issues; but all their great grandchildren reside in Florida and they haven't yet met the newest one ... I so hope they have an uneventful trip health wise; and that they get to really enjoy those babies and grandkids!. ... And that leads me to my Thursday Goal ... I keep my house poorly ... as a matter of fact, I stopped inviting my sib over to visit when I noticed she wanted to put a towel on the chair before she sat in it for fear of getting pet hair on her clothes. Yes, I was 'bothered' by her behavior in my home. However ... not having regular company has led me to be very lax with my home keeping tasks and the place looks pretty bad, even to me. I've tried making house work part of my goals here on MFP ... using them as an exercise goal since I've been told that house work is good exercise for senior citizens like myself. ... So ... long story shortened ... I am making it my goal to get this house ship shape enough so that I can invite that sib and her hubby over for dinner after they return from their trip.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thursday Goals ... My sister and her husband are taking their annual vacation in Florida right now. It's abbreviated this year because of the hubby's health issues; but all their great grandchildren reside in Florida and they haven't yet met the newest one ... I so hope they have an uneventful trip health wise; and that they get to really enjoy those babies and grandkids!. ... And that leads me to my Thursday Goal ... I keep my house poorly ... as a matter of fact, I stopped inviting my sib over to visit when I noticed she wanted to put a towel on the chair before she sat in it for fear of getting pet hair on her clothes. Yes, I was 'bothered' by her behavior in my home. However ... not having regular company has led me to be very lax with my home keeping tasks and the place looks pretty bad, even to me. I've tried making house work part of my goals here on MFP ... using them as an exercise goal since I've been told that house work is good exercise for senior citizens like myself. ... So ... long story shortened ... I am making it my goal to get this house ship shape enough so that I can invite that sib and her hubby over for dinner after they return from their trip.

That is a fantastic goal! You deserve a home that hugs you back. Make a plan and don't overdo all in one day. I listen to music, or even comedy when I clean :)
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 -- I had a time in my life when I was experiencing great loss and I let my house get totally out of control. When it just felt too overwhelming, I went to the internet for help. I found a great site called Flylady.net. I took a few great tips from that site that I still use now. Like for instance, if I am overwhelmed about the shape of my kitchen -- I set a timer for 15 minutes and just power thru that 15, telling myself it all I am committed to do. Once the timer went off... I either stopped cleaning and fulfilled my self-promise BUT more times that not, I kept on cleaning because I had gotten into a rhythm. It really helped me. I still go back to the site once in a while for more tips and motivation.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The Winter Games

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 211.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018): 203.6 lbs (-8 lbs this challenge or ~ -1 lb/week).

Weigh-ins (lbs) on Wednesdays (typically), week of:
    Jan 3: 211.6 lbs.(weight loss stalled this week, probably due to adding in 50% of my exercise calories vs 0%).
    Jan 10: 209.8 lbs (stuck with adding in 50% of exercise calories this week too--seems it worked out well).
    Jan 17: (on vacation: 12th-20th so I might not find a scales to weigh-in this week).
    Jan 24: 211.2 lbs (back from vacation).
    Jan 31: NA (out of town this week, traveling for work, returning late 1/7/2018).
    Feb 8: 211.6 lbs (on vacation Feb 8-13).
    Feb 15: 211.0 lbs (back from vacation).
    Feb 22: 223.0 lbs (binged 4 days at 8000 calories/day last week).
    Feb 28:

weight change last week: + 12 lbs
    weight change this challenge: + 11.4 lbs
    weight loss total (since 1/3/2017): 94 lbs
  • LeighNC
    LeighNC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm new here. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the inspiration! I need friends, so please add me if you like. Thanks, Leigh
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @BarneyRubbleMD Great job being accountable to yourself. You got off track, but looks like you stopped before completely derailing and are getting back at it. That is no easy feat in my experience and I'm proud of you!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @kbeyer23 I know the FL trip will be an emotional one. You have a great support system. Prayers that your stepmom gets to have her bucket list wishes & that you get to see them. I know this will be a hard trip for you. Don't worry about food, only making some last memories for your stepmom.

@LeighNC Welcome! Glad you are here!

@Nikion901 Love your goal. You will win the war and have the cleanest, most organized house in town. When you're done there, I have a house you can work on next. LOL Just think of all the calories you'd burn. LOL

I'm sort of in a rut, a plateau, I don't know what to call it but it's getting annoying. I'm not doing anything differently yet I gain and lose the same 1/4 - 1/2 lb. It's been several weeks now and it's getting to me. Will just keep plugging away at it though. Here is the final challenge report... Have a great weekend everyone.

Name: Margie
    Height: 5' 1 ½”
    Highest weight: 295 (Late Aug.2017)

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 278.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 271.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 278.25
    Jan 12: 273.0
    Jan 19: 272.0
    Jan 26: 272.5
    Feb 2nd: 269.5
    Feb 9: 269.75
    Feb 16: 269.5
    Feb 23: 270.0

Weight -/+ this week: +0.50
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8.25
    Total weight lost: 25
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Name: Carol
    Height: 5' 9"
    Highest weight: 364

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 339
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 329

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 336.1
    Jan 12: 342.2 (it was birthday week)
    Jan 19: 338.7
    Jan 26: 337.7
    Feb 2nd: 338
    Feb 9: 341.6
    Feb 16: 338
    Feb 23: 341.1

Weight -/+ this week: +1.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +2.1

Total weight lost: 23.9

Bummed I gained but reevaluating and trying a challenge from my trainer to see what happens with no processed carbs. It's just for one week to see what happens since I fluctuate between the same 5-10 pounds.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Here's me:

Winter Games Final Report
    Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 252

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 208.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 209.9
    Jan 12: 206.6
    Jan 19: 206.6
    Jan 26: 207.5
    Feb 2nd: 208.8
    Feb 9: 208.8
    Feb 16:206.9
    Feb 23: 207.0

Weight -/+ this week: +.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge:-2.9
    Total weight lost: 45.0

Onto the next challenge. I am really looking forward to it since I now have the opportunity to do more physical activity. I am so grateful that I did not gain a ton of weight during my foot convalescence.

@kbeyer23 I think you will really enjoy the Flylady.net site. It has a ton of great advice from Moms with kids. And Congrats on your 3lb loss!

Have a great weekend everyone!