Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Jessec80
    Jessec80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Doing good. Down 15lbs since Jan 1. Had a binge night Friday after I smoked weed for the first time in 3 weeks. Ate like 2000 calories in a few hours. Weight went up and hasn’t dropped back to my lowest point yet in 3 days back on diet. I’ve also been working out a lot this past week. Could be gaining muscles too. Usually I have a hard time forgiving myself when I binge like that on a diet. But this time it didn’t bother me at all. No problem getting right back into my groove. I bet tomorrow I weigh back down to my lowest point again since Friday. Probably will keep dropping weight. It was prolly water weight anyway. Body was like whoa we need more water on hand it you’re going to eat that much. Then I was like JK.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound So sorry for your loss. It's never easy. As for your car, hopefully the other person's insurance is paying. Just keep remembering cars can be fixed. It could have been way worse. Hang in there. Take a deep breath. All will be ok.

@Nikion901 You are quite analytical, math oriented and detailed oriented. I'm just different and could never weigh each day. I would drive myself absolutely crazy because I know it fluctuates and if I saw a gain one day, I'd stress out over it. Once a week is enough stress for me. LOL You just have to figure out what works best for you. Keeping track on MFP is enough work for me. I can't turn it into a job where it's too much work or else I'd give it up. To be honest, I'm amazed at myself for sticking with it this long and have no desire to stop. I'm not sure what is different this time around. You have done great so far so whatever you are doing is working. Pat yourself on the back.

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @amberkins… I think that way of goal setting is really good. Celebrate the victories!
    @BarneyRubbleMD… Good job at looking at the big picture. I think we all get hard on ourselves and should look at how far we’ve come and not just how far we’ve got to go.
    @Holly… my hubby and I’ve talked extensively that after my mom is gone and our children have graduated that we will be in a warmer climate. My deal is that it can’t be so far south that I don’t get seasons, but I’m good with warmer winters for sure.
    @bapcarrier… enjoy the time “away”
    @Karen…those are a couple of crappy weeks. I remember when you got that car so I hope it’s as good as new when you get it back. And sorry about your aunt. I’ve lost a couple of uncles and the holes left are big ones. {hug}
    @Jessec80… Goodjob! 15 pounds is a great 2-month loss!

AFM...I’m chugging along. Almost 14 pounds since the first of the year (I had 14 and then decided to celebrate with frozen cokes --- the bane of my existence!!) They are gone again, but still struggling with carbs. One day at a time, right?! My sister was my workout partner and we held each other accountable. Then she had a high-risk pregnancy and had to stop going. Then she and her husband are saving money to buy a house this spring so she gave up her gym membership. I know I should do it myself, but I’m terrible! She and I are meeting at her house 3 days a week to do some type of workout video or treadmill after the kids are in bed. It starts tonight! I have learned to not even take my wallet to work with me. I leave it in my car. No credit card? No snacks! So it’s what I bring in my lunchbox for the day. Doesn’t necessarily help me at home, but at least 9 hours a day I’m on track. 

Was there talk about another challenge? I’ve been so sporadic on here but I feel it really held me accountable for the most part.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @moodybear2003 I can so relate to your repeated attempts to lose weight. No soda is a big help. In December, I drank a soda a day for about 18 days (left overs from holidays) and man did I pack on the weight! I quit soda about two years ago. I think it must be all the salt. Of course there were other sweets and snacks that contributed to the 20 pounds I gained. I've been logging erratically. Yesterday, I logged and my calorie intake was 4500. OMG!! And that's why logging food is soooo important. Hope cutting out soda has the same positive effects for you. It did take a good month for my system to register the lack of soda.

@BarneyRubbleMD I think of you as well as I'm typing the above note. I recall your post recently about a recent binge. While I didn't register as a binger on that test you posted, I am soooooo vulnerable to picking high fat high calorie foods. The 3 slices of DiGiornos pan pie I had for dinner last night were 470 calories each. That went down without a hitch. I know to check such things before I eat them, but I didn't. Lesson learned!

@NewCaddy @Jessec80 I am inspired by your steady weight loss this year. Your "chugging along" pace. I too leave my wallet behind to avoid sweets sometimes. Especially at the gym.. the food place there is beautifully positioned just as you're walking out and have worked up a good appetite from working out ;) And kudos on the positive attitude - the fact that you are not beating yourself up for the binge and got right back on the wagon is fantastic!

@skinnyjeanzbound That's a lot of stress. Hopefully your luck with turn with spring on the rise! Be well.

@Nikion901 I am a counter too. But I count my money. With MFP I take the prediction of weight loss as a motivator. You'll be down -- you'll be up. It helps me stay on course. So many factors go into weight, that it does not surprise me that its difficult to put an exact number on it. Maybe you've collected enough data to develop your own algorithm!! :) I'm hoping you find the predictions are good enough to reasonably predict weight loss or gain? Anyway, keep on counting. Cause I know that when you're into numbers, the counting is a way of learning and understanding where and what to change. Don't lose track of the big picture. As you know, weight is lost if calories consumed are less than calories expended. Hang in there!

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hello (again), This will be my third or fourth time trying to lose weight. I get so de-motivated and give up at the smallest thing. Now I had a doctor tell me to cut the soda and sweets and he wants to schedule a blood glucose test, and I'm scared. hopefully scared enough to actually stick to my goals. I met with a trainer who wrote me a simple program for the machines at the gym, I need to cut the excuses and do it.

I'm hoping to stick around longer this time, It's nice to check back in all this time and see some familiar names. :)

Welcome this is a great group of people and I know you can do this....slow and steady wins every time.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    @Karen so sorry about your aunt passing. Your family is in my prayers.
    @NewCaddy congrats on your weight loss and creative way to not snack.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @tdunnegan ,

Yep! I had a similar thing happen at Red Lobster when I ordered the Shrimp Alfredo but didn't log it until later that night and found out it was 900 calories while my same-sized dish of scallops was only 100 calories! I've never made Alfredo anything before do I didn't know what's in that but it's loaded with fat which drove up that calories! The whole time I was eating it I was more concerned about the carbs from the noodles & getting too many carbs for the day but ended up being under on my carbs and way over on fat that day--the baked potato with lots of butter didn't help either!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    The Winter Games

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 211.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018): 203.6 lbs (-8 lbs this challenge or ~ -1 lb/week).

Weigh-ins (lbs) on Wednesdays (typically), week of:
    Jan 3: 211.6 lbs.(weight loss stalled this week, probably due to adding in 50% of my exercise calories vs 0%).
    Jan 10: 209.8 lbs (stuck with adding in 50% of exercise calories this week too--seems it worked out well).
    Jan 17: (on vacation: 12th-20th so I might not find a scales to weigh-in this week).
    Jan 24: 211.2 lbs (back from vacation).
    Jan 31: NA (out of town this week, traveling for work, returning late 1/7/2018).
    Feb 8: 211.6 lbs (on vacation Feb 8-13).
    Feb 15: 211.0 lbs (back from vacation).
    Feb 22: 223.0 lbs (binged 4 days at 8000 calories/day last week).
    Feb 28: 212.4 lbs (back on track & no binges since last weigh-in!).

weight change last week: - 10.6 lbs
    weight change this challenge: + 0.8 lbs
    weight loss total (since 1/3/2017): 104.6 lbs
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes ... Today I get 3 wishes ...
    A 'good' report from the gastroenterologist/surgeon this afternoon.
    A plan of action that I 'like'.
    That it doesn't snow storm like the weatherman predicts for Thursday -Friday

@canyonGeek .. thanks for posting the Spring Challenge startup ... I will be joining in for this round.

@skinnyjeanzbound .. my sincere condolences on the passing of your aunt, your mom's twin. Glad you weren't injured in that car wreck.

@tdunnegan ... the calculation challenge was to help us
    1: determine a weight that is not as prone to the fluctuations of water stored in our cells or dumped which makes out weight fluctuate so wildly from day to day; good book to read on this subject is "The Hacker's Diet: by John Walker. (You can find it free online at http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/ ) with many good tips for weight management.
    2: Use the results of that to help us determine our actual daily deficits ... which we used later to help us determine if we are right on target with what are actual TDEE has been so we can set a better calorie intake target to achieve the weight loss we want.

Of course ... sticking to that calorie intake, no matter what else, is the most important thing to do. But do we do it? No, we have high carb days, high sugar days, high fat days, very low everything days, etc. We also have heavy workout days and days of no activity. We have days we drink what seems like gallons of liquid and days were we're lucky to drink 2 glasses of water that day ... and the bathroom scale runs up and down. Some of us have given up using the bathroom scale at all ... and for those that have, MFP, in my opinion, isn't very effective because it is all based on calories consumed compared to energy expended.

It's a mathematical exercise that I intend to repeat periodically, especially as my weight and daily routine continues to morph, because I like the activity.

Hi to everyone else who is posting ... sorry not to speak to you all directly. I need to get off this computer and get ready for my doctor's appointment.
    Later, Niki :wink:
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I plan on joining the spring challenge, I haven't done one before. I'm excited!

I have been sick the past week with bronchitis and an ear infection. I feel like I've finally turned a corner and am doing better, the medicine is finally working it's magic. I missed my appointment with the gym to learn how to use the machines, so I set up another one. I'm excited to get started once I can take a deep breath again.

I've been under calories the past several days, and have done some food prep. I made a snack basket full of prepacked things (some I portioned myself into sandwich bags) that range from 70 calories to 220 (trail mix), but most are 100 cal, and are things like almonds, granola bars, and rice cakes.

Tomorrow I meet with my regular doctor for a check up and bloodwork, hoping for good news.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I will join the spring challenge :) I have my document all ready to go, and will weigh in first thing tomorrow morning. I may not get it posted until noon, depends on a few factors not quite under my control. Once we do the weekly weigh in on Friday, I'll be able to post that pretty much immediately. I'm excited!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Wed wish for me is my life would be as easy as my loving dogs. All he does is sleep all day in my office while I work and gets told how much he is loved just because he is himself.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Tracy
    Height:5'5"
    Highest Weight:274
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018):196.6
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018):180

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: 77.4 lbs.

My mom and dad would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary today if Dad had lived. My sisters (that live in town) and I are taking Mom out for supper. Ruby Tuesday's so I'll be able to do salad and steak which totally fits in my nutritional goals. And then afterwards, I'm headed to my sister's house to work out. Staying accountable ! :wink:
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Terry
    Height:5'5"
    Highest Weight:265
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018):230
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 220

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Nina
    Height: 5’ 2.5”
    Highest Weight: 278.4
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 226.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 223

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 51.6
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    @Nikion901 So you're a hacker!! ;) Thanks for the reference. I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Here's my first take away.. a sound bite to encourage others in this thread to check out the reference you offered:

"First, you must fix the problem of not knowing when and how much to eat. As long as you lack that essential information, you'll never get anywhere. Then, you have to use that information to permanently manage your weight." (John Walker, The Hackers Diet)
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    @kbeyer23 Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you. Those last days are true treasures. When my dad passed, he came to and we had 3 hours of laughter and joy before he passed. Such a blessing. I pray for no pain and joyous moments for you and your family.

@amberken Hi. Welcome. This is a great place to get support. I'm Terry. I'm 230 lbs. Just gained 20 pounds since December -- so disappointed. What this thread brings to my journey, is the strength and endurance to keep going. Countless people in this thread gain and get back in the saddle. Many share the reasons they gained and/or the obstacles they must overcome to lose weight. All of us care. So, welcome.
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So, my first challenge - ever.
    I know its a bit ambitious, but I have to get the momentum going again. I retired at the end of the year & I have no time to be placid. I have a trip planned for the middle of May. My real goal, is to have fewer side affects on the long drive because I am healthier.

Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Laura
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest Weight: 328
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 242.4
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 212

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:

~ Laura ~
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am excited! I set my goal for two pounds a week. I can't shake the feeling that this effort (the one I started on January 16) started off too slowly and that has fueled my resolve.

Robin’s Thread
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: Ever? Do I have to type that? How about this round: 295
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 273.4
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 257.4

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30: