Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• CFisher71
    CFisher71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, very introverted but wanting to be able to relate to someone. Where do I start?
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well day 3 of my new “lifestyle” and it’s going great! Joined my local YMCA and have been to water aerobics every day this week. Think I’m going to have to skip tomorrow, fighting a pinched nerve in my hip and the dramatic increase in exercise seems to be aggravating it. But, staying within my calories and trying to change the way I plan meals. So maybe no exercise tomorrow, but will definitely stay on track with eating!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Well, it's taken a week since my aunt's memorial to find time to even come on MFP and read posts.

Thank you to all who posted condolences about my aunt's passing. The services were difficult, but we got through them. My mother is doing okay, but still dealing with all of the aftermath of cleaning out her sister's home.

As for my car, yes, the other guy's insurance is covering the repair costs and my rental. And no, thankfully no one was hurt. My car is supposed to be done tomorrow--I really miss it, so I'm looking forward to picking it up.

I have one final cherry for the top of sundae of crazy weeks. My sisters and I traveled together to MI for my aunt's services, and drove back to Chicago on Friday. My husband stayed home to work and take care of Gunner, my 12 y/o dog who has been showing some signs of anxiety recently. We've noticed that he has been getting into the tub or closet while we're away at work which is behavior he usually only exhibits when there's something that really scares him, like fireworks or a thunderstorm. He's knocked over a floor lamp a couple of times and even gotten up on the desk in the den and knocked everything off or it. We started closing off the extra bedrooms a couple of months ago due to this.

Well, on Friday my husband got home from work shortly before I arrived home from MI. Luckily he texted to warn me what I would be walking into. Gunner had gotten into a closet with some tools and cut his leg. He was okay, but there was blood everywhere! Inside the closet, it looked like someone had been murdered--blood on the walls, the inside of the closet doors, the floor, etc. The dog then proceeded to turn our bathroom into a horror show by tracking blood all over the floor, in the tub, on the toilet, and even all over the sink--yes, he apparently jumped up on top of our sink. He's 80 lbs, and way to big to be up there.

So I got to help clean all of the house safer for him when he's home alone. Knocking on wood, but so far this week he's been okay. The vet recommended leaving the TV on b/c she thinks as his hearing is going, outside noises that he can't identify might be spooking him. We also have him on a melatonin supplement--though he decided this morning that he doesn't care for those "treats" anymore. We are taking it day by day with him right now.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people to this thread. You will find lots of support and motivation along your journey. It's a great group.

@katrenaj and Nikion901 Family stressors, especially health related ones, are enough to mess us up. Sleeping, eating, anxiety....it's not easy. But as Niki pointed out, you can't forget to take care of you, too, easy as that sounds, I know it's not.

@cfisher71 You HAVE started. Just come join the group, post, and find support. We are all on the same journey.

@glassgirlw2018 Congrats on your new Lifestyle changes! One day at a time, one meal at a time. You've got this.

@skinnyjeanzbound So sorry to hear about the dog issues! It sounds like your vet may have come upon the problem. I hope he continues to do better. I hope you get your car back today. It's been what seems like a long time. Time to get your life back to normal.

I'm sure to see a gain tomorrow. Have had Oriental food 3 days this week. I'll drink lots of water today but still.....

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge

Name: Nina
    Height: 5’ 2.5”
    Highest Weight: 278.4
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 226.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 223

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 226.8
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost: 51.6

Thursday Truth ... Weighing in on Thursday to be 7 days after previous weigh-in. Weight hasn't budged in the last week ... this tells me that I have been eating at my maintenance level. Of course, there has been a caloric deficit over what MFP calculated as my sedentary NEAT (TDEE less exercise), so I know that me my own circumstances are that my metabolism and energy needs are lower than the norma average for a 73 year old woman who is 5'2.5" tall. (My BD is 9 days from now)

I am not making an adjustment to my intake calories because I know I will not stop eating when the counter gets to the goal caloric allowance for the day ... nor will I eat up to that goal on days that I eat lighter ... still working on my consistency issues.

@skinnyjeanzbound ... oh, poor gunner! He must be absolutely frantic home alone! Poor old guy.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound sorry to hear about Gunner. Prayer for fast healing. Hope the vet can help him not sure if this would help an item close to him with your scent. Riley has actually started showing signs of food and bone aggression which is also not fun to deal with. Sad thing is we just won our puppies to be happy and safe. Great news on car!
    @ new people- welcome

Thursday truth over the last 2 years I am realizing how alone I really am
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Laura
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest Weight: 328
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 242.4
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 212

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 241.8
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: less than a pound
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

I was traveling all week to attend a funeral, have a terrible cold, and had a birthday this past week. It is surprising that I had any resolve at all.
    Thanks to all of you here @ map, I found just enough to keep on track.

~Laura~
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @canyonGeek whoops yes it is! I thought my starting weight was 308. I forgot i lost 2lbs when i weighed in at the doctors last Thursday. I mentally still thought i was that high, I'm not used to seeing the scale go down. So it should be -.4
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    @moodybear2003 That's awesome. Sounds like a very productive week.
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 306
    Mar 09: 305.6
    Weight -/+ this week: -2.4
    Minor thing - is there a typo, above? (Only ask so I can make it right in the spreadsheet... and b/c (truth) I get a little anal around spreadsheets. lol)