Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Jessec80 wrote: »
    Still chugging along. Lost over 20 lbs since the start of the year. So 80 more to go. I’m already starting to think 60 more would be fine. Puts me in the “healthy” BMI just barely.

Been going to the gym and dropping my one year old off at the gym child care. It’s tough because she has really bad separation anxiety. Half the time they have had to call me in to get her because she won’t stop crying. Eventually she’ll get used to it, right?

She will eventually, but it won't be all the sudden. More like a three steps forward, two back. Separation anxiety is normal and at its peak at this stage. I found that getting my daughter interested in an activity took the edge off. Mine liked painting even though she was just scribbling on the paper with the brush.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Robin’s Thread
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: Ever? Do I have to type that? How about this round: 295
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 273.4
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 257.4

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 271.0 I will be out of town for the next two weeks, but I will eat to plan. I won’t have access to a scale at a predictable time or date, but I am still working my plan and in on this challenge.
    Mar 16: 267.0 I am using a borrowed scale and I don’t completely trust it.
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: -4.0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6.4
    Total weight lost: 28.0
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @kbeyer23 Great job on the weight loss and so sorry you have to deal with all that cold weather. I imagine you are used to it living in Michigan but I live here in Texas and was actually bummed that spring break was too cold to go swimming. I guess seeing your post put things in perspective for me. Don't worry before long I will be complaining that it is too hot.

@Jessec80 Wow great job on the weight loss! Sorry for the added stress of the little one being upset about daycare but keep going she will get better over time. Eventually she will love going and look forward to playing with other kids. I think it is great that you stay home with your kids. Most people don't realize how much work is involved, everyone just assumes you have all the time in the world.

@b_lisieux great idea about eating before you go that way you don't indulge on all the tasty unhealthy foods that will be there.

@moodybear2003 I read somewhere that it takes 6 weeks to form a habit so continue going to the gym even if you don't feel it that day. I haven't been able to make myself do it. So kudos to you!

@ladylaura777 I am so jealous of your control while on vacation. I decided to take a vacation from dieting also. It tasted great but now I feel like I am starting all over. I am just glad that I didn't gain too much. I mentally prepared myself for a 5 pound weight gain and was surprised that it was less than 2 pounds. I guess all that walking I did help offset the calories I took in.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @JoenDeb1958 thanks! I have my proportioned work snack all ready, and finding a healthy brunch option in the house right now!
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm also a little confused is this a group for people who won't lose up around
    100 pounds if it is include me please.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm also a little confused is this a group for people who won't lose up around
    100 pounds if it is include me please.

Well ... its not a group, it's an open thread, and thus we don't actively include anyone. The way you get into it is just to post and keep coming back to post some more on another day.

It is for people who have to lose at least 100 pounds from their start weight. Some of the people currently posting are somewhere along that journey and don't have that much to lose any longer, others have just begun recently (say, since January) and so might still have at least 100 pounds to lose.

Speaking strictly for myself, a profile image of photo is nice to see when people post. You don't have to post your face if you want to be anonymous, you can post an Avatar or any image that speaks to you so that we can identify you more easily every time you share on here.
  • Cris_elaine7382
    Cris_elaine7382 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow this looks like a great thread. I'm new to the Community and looking to find others like me needing to lose around 100 lbs.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello this is great the idea of putting all your information out for other people to see and putting your weight down each week so that you're being held accountable I need this .
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ...
    Well, I'm officially 73 years old now, and have started my 'new year' with a reassessment of my weight loss 'program', my statistics, and wrote an modification to the plan I've been following. This was a milestone birthday for me because I attained the goal of "My Progress" ticker showing 0 pounds to go, which I proudly shared with last weeks weight report. I made a new progress tracker ...
    rt872pq3s6ut.png
    And, I reset my goals in MFP ... still aiming to lose 1/2 pound a week from caloric intake deficits. I look at my calorie counts on a daily basis and have a goal of keeping the weekly average at that number.

Here is what MFP says for me now ...
    NEAT (to stay the same, sans exercise) 1870 calories a day.
    Calorie intake goal 1620 a day.
    My weekly average intake remains at 1650 until June due to the commitment I made on 1/1/18. However, I don't 'eat back' any exercise calories, so it should be ok and I 'll reset it when July 1 gets here, and I do follow that plus/minus 100 calorie a day fudge on the intake that we did on this thread back when I first joined in.

I also updated my accountability promise to get in more physical activity ... Now that winter is almost over and the Spring sun is going to become more present I am recommitting to getting walks in ... this is what it is ...
    "Get in 3 walks a week, work up to 5; inside, outside, any where I can."

@Tracy, Sorry about your son's car accident. Hope he has no issues from the concussion. I can just image how you felt when you heard the news ... like jumping out of your skin.

@Mayve, my St. Patrick's Day green food was Split Pea Soup. I like that touch to your weekly report, of including whose weigh-in you picked up.

Thanks everyone who wished me a happy birthday .... <3
    Have a 'good' week.
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: buxbert
    Height: 167
    Highest Weight: 91
    Start Weight (Mar 12, 2018): 90.2
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 87

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 12: 90.2
    Mar 19: 89.7
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.5 kg
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

Sorry, I keep on missing the weigh-ins! I have horrible sweet cravings at the moment. I guess because I am tired and have a hard time drinking enough water. Winter has come back and that doesn't help either. I hope I will get used to skipping sweets soon. Or sleep better. And drink more. At least it gets easier to have fresh local greens for meals!
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I fell off the band wagon and have done an awful job at logging in. I need to make my self accountable and I think joining a group challenge will help. Is it too late to join the Think Spring Challenge?